Categories > Cartoons > Transformers > Prime Effect

Chapter V

by Apollo-XL5 0 reviews

With the evidence in hand, Jack and his team go back to the Citadel Council and make their case. But despite knowing that they can now prove Saren's betrayal, even Jack could not have guessed how t...

Category: Transformers - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2015-03-08 - Updated: 2015-03-11 - 4782 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Batarian merc leader sat at table in a dark room, he had been in there for the last forty minutes and was now getting frustrated, his four eyes starting to show desperation as he frantically looked around.

"I want out, you hear me, I want out." he screamed, when suddenly the door in front of him opened filling the room with light. He closed his eyes as it almost blinded him, not noticing two figures entering the room before the door closed, blanketing the room in darkness again. The prisoner opened his eyes and looked around the room again.

"Who's there, I know someone is there, I'll tell you anything you want if you let me out."

No one answered and he felt alone.

"Well isn't that interesting..." a voice suddenly said from the corner of the room.

"...wouldn't you say Wrex?"

"Sure is, I never thought Blue Suns were so chatty." another voice said from the opposite corner behind the Batarian.

A small light activated above the table, illuminating it in front of the prisoner. Then the face of a Krogan entered the light.

"So are you gonna talk or do I have to crack you open." Wrex said with a fierce look. Garrus appeared next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I think you should listen to him, because I don't think that I could hold him back even if wanted to." Garrus then moved closer to the Batarian, right up to his face.

"And just so you know, I really don't want too." He smiled.

The Leader suddenly felt his nether regions get very wet as Wrex moved round the table, getting closer to him.

Meanwhile Jack, Arcee and Kaidan were with Tali. They were sitting at the Apollo café in the presidium commons. Tali was looking up at the projection of a blue sky with few clouds that was on the ceiling that ran the length of the Presidum ring of the Citadel. Jack and Arcee sat at one end of the table with Kaidan and Tali at the other.

"Quite a view isn't it." Jack asked as Tali finally looked back.

"It really is, I never thought I would be able to see the presidium..." she replied before her eyes started to look sad as she placed her hands on the table.

"..though Quarians have never really been welcome on the Citadel." Jack reached out and placed his hand on hers .

"As long as your with us no one will give you any trouble, I promise." Tali looked up at Jack before looking around to Kaidan and Arcee who smiled at her reassuringly. She sighed and regained her composure.

"Thank you Commander. Apart from Wrex, you and your friends are the only people to show me any kindness here."

"So can you tell us how you came to be caught up in all this?" the Commander asked. Tali looked away for a second as a cab flew past the café before looking back to the group.

"Well I was on my pilgrimage, when I began hearing reports of Geth activity outside the Perseus Veil which had to be impossible, since the Geth had never left our home system since driving my people out three hundred years ago."

"So what did you do?" Kaidan asked as the three of them listened to the young Quarian.

"Well I thought that they may have been making attempts to find our Flotilla, so I went looking for them. I managed to find a patrol on an uncharted planet and kill them."

Kaidan looked at her confused.

"Wait, but if you could fight then why didn't you help us out against the mercs earlier?"

The Quarian just looked at him, before tapping her stomach.

"I was recovering from an injury if you remember and I was also running a fever due to the suit breach. Anyway, you haven't seen me with a shotgun." she said acting coy.

"Anyway..." Jack said, jumping in.

"...What happened then?"

" I then removed the data core from the lead Geth and hacked its files, to see if they had discovered the Flotilla's location. But what I found was something completely different."

What did you find?" Jack then asked, his interest peaking, which made Tali shake her head and crossed her arms in return.

"Sorry, I will not reveal it here, not until we are in front of the council."

Jack nodded back with an understanding look, then leaned back and looked over at Arcee who gently smiled back at him. He returned the smile and looked back to Tali and Kaidan.

"Well we shouldn't have to wait much longer. We gave Optimus and Anderson the heads up the moment we got back and I believe they are talking to the Council right now."

Arcee then tapped Jack's shoulder and pointed over to the right. He looked in the general direction and saw Garrus and Wrex walking towards them.

"How did it go?" Kaidan asked.

"Well there was some sweat and other bodily fluid involved that I'm trying to forget." the Turian remarked irritably. Kaidan looked at them bemused.

"Wait, did you hit him?"

"Didn't get the chance. The damn fool pissed himself before I even got to lay a finger on him, never knew the Blue suns hired such losers." Wrex answered disappointingly.

"So did you get a name of the guy who hired him?" Arcee asked entering the conversation.

Garrus grabbed a chair from an unused table and sat down next to them as Wrex walked over to the bar.

"Sure did. It was someone going by the name of Sideways, does that ring a bell with any of you?"

Arcee's eyes went wide at the mention of it. Jack noticing this placed his hand on her shoulder, not noticing that he was gently rubbing it with his thumb affectionately. This didn't go unnoticed by the femme as her spark warmed to his touch.

"You okay, you look like you saw a ghost for a second there?" he asked her. She gave him a reassuring smile as he let go and picked up drink of a tray that Wrex just brought over from the bar.

"I'm fine and yes I know that name though I never met him, it was of a Decepticon that had vanished during the war. He was a double agent, playing both sides in the conflict, so neither was very accepting of him and so he hasn't been seen or heard of for a long time since."

Jack was going to ask more about him when another C-Sec officer approached them.

"Commander Darby, I am here to inform you that the Council have requested your presence in main Chamber."

Jack acknowledged the officer and the group got up from the table and followed him to the elevator. As Arcee walked with the group she noticed Tali looking at her.

"I'm sorry but is there something wrong?" she asked trying to sound friendly. The Quarian shook her head, looking embarrassed.

"No, there's no problem. Its just that you are the first Cybertronian that I have ever met."

Arcee gave her a sympathetic look.

"I realise your people don't exactly trust us." Tali again shook her head as she offered Arcee her hand.

"Well I am not among them on this, because you helped save my life down in the under city and your friends with Commander Darby, so that counts as good in my book." She replied with a smile on her face, not that Arcee could see the smile due to Tali's enviro-suit. But the femme accepted Tali's hand and they shook before joining the others in the elevator.

PRIME EFFECT

As Jack and the others entered the Council Chambers he saw again the four Councillors on their podium and Captain Anderson and Optimus Prime standing in the box.

"Jack." a voice called from behind the group, making them turn around to see Miko and Wheeljack joining them.

"You were called here too?" Jack asked as Miko went straight up to Arcee.

"Arcee, what are you doing here?" the Gunnery chief asked. The femme looked at the woman confused.

"Well I was in the neighbourhood and thought it was about time I visited my partner."

Miko smiled and nodded.

"Yes well it has been ages since you too were last together, ever since that.." Miko was about to finish when she was cut off when Councillor Tevos spoke.

"This meeting is now in session, Commander Darby I believe that you have acquired evidence that proves our Spectre has gone and turned against us?"

Jack stepped forward next to Optimus and Captain Anderson.

"That is right madam Councillor."

He then turned and motioned Tali to join him in the box, the two older men stepping out to give them room.

"This is Tali'Zorah nar Raya, she came across the evidence while investigating why the Geth were spotted outside the Quarian system. Soon after she found herself on the run from Blue Sun mercenaries who had been hired to terminate her."

Then Sparatus decided to speak up.

"And we are supposed to believe the words of a suit rat, over Saren's own testimony."

Jack noticed Tali's white eyes flare up behind her visor.

"Listen here you stupid bosh'tet, I wont.." Tali shouted at Sparatus as Jack stepped in to calm her down.

"Tali don't, that won't help." He said before turning his attention back to the council.

"What do you mean Saren's testimony?" he asked curiously.

Sparatus then activated his holo-tool and a giant hologram of Saren appeared in the middle of the Chamber.

"Dear Councillors I wish it was under better circumstances that I contact you but when I was informed about the ridiculous claims against myself, I decided to take matters into my own hands. You see I was nowhere near Eden Prime on the day of the attack by the Geth which of course is a terrible tragedy. But I was actually on Illium hunting down a lead on the assassin that had tried to murder my good friend Councillor Sparatus three weeks ago. I do not know where or who started this incredulous rumor, but if this Commander Jack Darby knew anything of me. Then he would come to see that it would be impossible for myself to have been a part of the events at the human colony. I serve the council and the people of our galaxy as a Spectre to my absolute fullest. I do wish to give my condolences for the lives lost on that black day at Eden Prime. My thoughts go to their loved ones and I make this pledge, that I will not stop until I find out why the Geth attacked Eden Prime and put a stop to this sudden act of aggression against our worlds, Farewell."

With that the hologram vanished as Kaidan turned to Garrus.

"What a load of bullshit right?" he whispered to the Turian who nodded in approval. Optimus and Anderson and everyone else then looked at Jack who could feel all eyes on him at that particular moment. He looked back to see Arcee giving him a warm smile of support. If he knew any better it was a look that said 'You show them who's boss!' and he smiled backed to her in appreciation. Sparatus deactivated his holo-tool and looked down at Jack.

"So have you really got anything against our Spectre?" he asked in a sceptical and quite insulting tone. Jack though did not let that get to him as a confident smirk appeared on his face.

"Yes we do honoured Councillors." He then turned to Tali who activated her holo-tool and played an audio file for everyone in the chamber to hear.

"Have you located the next Lithonian Artefact?" Saren spoke as the council chamber suddenly went silent as everyone was listening intently to the audio file that was now playing.

"Yes Saren, it is located on the planet of Eden Prime, but it has been excavated by the Humans and Autobots who have a colony situated there." an unknown voice replied.

"They are of no concern, alert the Geth forces we have to attack the planet, secure the artefact and await my arrival." Saren said as gasps could be heard among the audience that was watching from the balconies high up in the chamber.

"It will be done Saren." the unknown voice answered.

"Our search is nearly over Sideways, because once we have what we need from Eden Prime, we will be one step closer to the finding the Conduit." Saren continued.

"And one step closer to the return of the Reapers." Sideways finished.

Tali deactivated her holo-tool and looked around as the audience started talking amongst themselves. Jack looked at the councillors who looked shocked at the new development. Sparatus looked absolutely furious.

"How do we even know that this evidence is even legitimate. It could be a fake." he tried to reason weakly.

Valern was working his holo-tool when he stopped and looked towards the Turian councillor.

"The Quarian has just sent me a copy of the file and I have completed the scan of it. It is genuine and the voice sample is a one hundred percent match with Saren."

The whole room went silent again as the Sparatus looked down to the ground, obviously this news had hit him hard. Tevos decided to speak for her fellow councillor.

"As this new evidence has proved that Saren has in fact gone rogue and attacked the very people and principles that he was chosen to protect, we have no choice but to strip him of his Spectre status. We wish to offer our apologies to you and your people for any animosity that we had pointed at you."

"Thank you madam councillor, we were only here to make sure that the truth was known to all of you so that Saren could be stopped." Anderson replied as Tevos nodded in return.

"Since we are now one Spectre down, Commander Darby you have proven yourself worthy of becoming the first human Spectre to the Council, but unfortunately as your race is not part of the council then you do not qualify."

The balconies above started chattering again at the councillors comments. Then Optimus stepped forward.

"Madam Tevos and respected Councillors, I do have an answer to the problem if I am allowed to continue." the Prime said as his face remained stoic.

"And what is it Optimus Prime." Valern asked the Autobot leader.

"As the history records show, Cybertron was once a part of this council during our golden age many millennia ago and It was the duty of the Primes to defend the rights and freedoms of all sentient life in the galaxy. But when our civil war began and we found ourselves cut off from the rest of the rest of the galactic community. This Council saw fit to hand that duty to the Spectres and it seems that they too have now failed. So I believe that it is time for one to rise up and carry the title of Prime and protect this galaxy from whatever threat that Saren is planning to let loose on us all."

The Councillors spoke among themselves for a moment, going over what Optimus had suggested.

"And would that be you Optimus Prime?" Tevos asked. The Prime shook his head.

"I maybe a Prime and the leader of the Autobots, but my time has passed. Though I do know that there is a person among us today who is ready to accept this title."

Jack suddenly felt very self conscious and gulped when the Council looked at him and then his friends.

"Of whom do you speak of?" Sparatus asked, looking among the group in front of him, not looking at Jack.

Optimus turned to Jack and motioned him forward.

"Commander Jack Darby of course." he said beaming with pride, which made The Turian Councillor's jaw drop.

"But he is not even Cybertronian, how can he become a Prime?" he spat in complete disbelief as Optimus's face went stoic as he looked back at him.

"To be a Prime is to stand for and protect the values that Primus himself embodies. To lead by example and inspire those around him and forever stand vigilant against those who would seek to bring darkness over us all. Jackson Darby has proven himself worthy time and again, during the final years of our civil war and after becoming a soldier of the Alliance. He is the perfect choice to become the next Prime."

Sparatus suddenly found that his voice had deserted him after Optimus had said his piece as the other councillors nodded in agreement.

Jack meanwhile had no idea what to do and his stomach felt like it was tied up in knots, but then suddenly he began to calm down when he felt a soft hand take his and squeeze it gently in support. He turned to find Arcee standing beside him, his hand in hers. She turned to him and smiled the kind of smile that would make Jack's heart skip a beat every time he saw it.

"It's time." she spoke gently to him as she let go of his hand and watched him walk up to Optimus, the look on her face was that of the same pride that was on Optimus's at that exact moment. Jack stood beside Optimus as the council studied him from their podium.

"Commander Darby, we accept the suggestion that Optimus Prime has offered us. But do you accept the title of Prime and the responsibilities that it brings?"

Jack looked to Optimus who was looking at him in a way that Jack could only describe as a proud father, a warm smile on his face. With the silent approval that Optimus gave him. Jack turned back to the council.

"I accept it with all that I am." he answered.

"Very well, Optimus Prime we leave this in your capable hands." Tevos said as the Council stood and watched history unfold in front of them. Optimus turned to Jack and removed a chain that was around his neck and hidden under his armour. On the chain, much like the one that Jack had with the key on it, was a small pendent shaped crystal. Optimus placed the crystal in the palm of his right hand and it glowed a gentle white energy as it grew into the now recognizable matrix of leadership.

"Jack take the key to vector sigma and place it in your right hand." Optimus told him. Jack nodded and took the key from under his t-shirt and held it in his right hand as it too grew to the size that it had been the last time he had used it years ago.

"Now hold it up against the Matrix and if proven worthy of which I have no doubt, then primus will bestow upon you the title of Prime." Optimus commanded. Jack nodded and held the key next to the fabled relic. As if on cue both relics started to glow a bright white light that encompassed both Optimus and Jack and making everyone cover theirs eyes. After several seconds the light died down and everyone looked at Optimus and Jack. Optimus had no changes to his person, but the same could not be said of Jack who first looked at the object in his hand. Gone was the key to Vector Sigma and it was replaced with a silver and gold relic that had a doughnut like shape with a white shining crystal in the hole at the center.

Jack then noticed that he was no longer wearing the clothes that he had worn in the Undercity, but instead was wearing an armour that he had never seen before. It was dark grey and had a very sleek and lightweight design to it. It had a red stripe with thick silver outlines going down both of his arms from past the shoulder pads that ended at his gloved hands. And on right side of his chest plate where the Alliance insignia would be, was a Silver Autobot insignia with Red outline. He smiled at his new look before looking back up to Optimus.

"Primus has found you worthy Jackson Darby and has given you the Star of Terra, the Human matrix of leadership, inside it contains the wisdom of the Primes and is a sibling to the matrix that I carry. You are now Jackson Prime, the first Human Prime."

And with that the chamber filled with the sounds of applause as everyone from his friends and the audience, and even the Council were applauding the new Prime as both he and Optimus watched as their matrixes shrunk back to the pendent sized crystals for them to wear on their person.

After the applause had died down. Tevos stood forward and looked at the new Prime in front of her.

"Jackson Prime, we thank you for what you have done for us this day by showing us Saren's true self and for accepting the role of this cycle's Prime. We now order….no we ask that you stop Saren from achieving his goal of finding this Conduit. We may not believe in the Reapers as a threat but Saren and the Geth force under his control must be delt with. Will you do this for the galaxy?"

Jack took a step in front of Optimus and saluted the Council.

"I will madam Councillor. I will do everything in my power to bring Saren to justice."

Tevos smiled as did Valern and Perceptor, Sparatus though gave a nod of respect to Jack.

"Then go with the knowledge that this Council grants you every resource that you will require in you mission. Good luck to you Jackson Prime."

With that the council left the chamber as Jack was left with his family and friends smiling back at him as they grouped around him.

After leaving the Council Chamber and being congratulated by each of his friends. Jack noticed Arcee checking out his new Armour.

"I have to say that armour looks really good on you Jack." she said with a playful smile.

"Thanks." he replied shyly, his face going slightly red from all the attention he was getting or maybe it was the way Arcee had just looked at him. He wasn't entirely sure which it was.

"It doesn't even feel like I am wearing it. It's not the least bit heavy." Jack added as Optimus walked up to both of them.

"I believe that armour holds more surprises for you that will reveal themselves when needed." he said with a proud smile.

"I am very proud of you Jackson, but I believe that Captain Anderson would like to speak to you."

Jack turned to Anderson who looked at him with a proud look, not the first Jack has seen in the last half hour or so.

"Commander Darby or is it Jackson Prime?" he asked a little confused.

"Jackson can use both titles, it is not one or other." Optimus told Anderson which the man nodded at in understanding.

"I have another surprise for you Jack, I will be staying aboard the Citadel when the Normandy leaves. Instead you will be the ship's commanding officer from now on. After all you will need the ship more than I will." he continued as he offered Jack his hand.

The surprise in Jack's face made both Optimus and Anderson chuckle before Jack shook Anderson's hand.

"Thank you Anderson, I will take good care of her." he replied. Jack then turned to Wrex, Garrus and Tali.

"Hey guys, you know we made quite the team earlier today. Is there any chance I can convince you to join the us on the Normandy?" he asked as he was joined by Kaidan, Miko and Wheeljack, not noticing Arcee who had slipped by to speak to Optimus in private.

"Hell why not, count me in Darby." Wrex said with a smile on his face.

"Well I don't know how much help I could be, but you did save my life back in the under city so, yes I will join you and do what I can." Tali replied.

Jack then looked at Garrus, who looked like he was thinking it over.

"Well, my father always wanted me to serve in C-Sec, but I am getting tired of all the red tape and you do seem to have a knack for finding trouble Jack so yes, count me in too." The Turain replied with a smirk. Jack shook their hands and offered them a warm smile.

"Well then welcome to the Normandy. The ship is docked at bay 23 on the presidium ring. We will be leaving as soon as everyone is ready." As the three left, Optimus and Arcee joined Jack.

"Jackson, Arcee has requested a transfer from my team to your command on the Normandy" the Autobot leader said as Jack looked to Arcee.

"I am yours if you want me partner?" she said hiding any doubt she might had had at that particular moment behind a smile. Jack looked at her and gave her a big grin as he held out his hand to her.

"I would be honoured to have my partner alongside me on this mission Arcee, if you will accept the position of my XO?" he replied gaining a shocked look from the femme.

"Are you sure?" she replied hesitantly.

"You have been Optimus's SIC for a long time Arcee, you have more experience than anyone on the Normandy, and I trust you to keep me on my toes as this is my first command."

Arcee smiled and shook Jack's hand. "Well I guess I'm your girl." she said, her face beaming.

"Yes you are Arcee." Jack replied in a gentle and warm tone that made femme's spark skip a beat.

Optimus had watched the two as they were talking and took great joy in seeing how happy they were together at this moment.

"Well it is time I was on my way. I wish you the best of luck in your mission Jackson, and Arcee take care of him."

"I will Optimus, that's a promise" the femme replied as Optimus said his goodbyes to the two of them and walked away to the transit hub. Then both partners headed for the elevator back to the Normandy.

PRIME EFFECT

As the Normandy left the Citadel and made its way towards the space bridge, Jack and Arcee were in the cockpit as he had just introduced his new XO to Hotrod. Both command officers were now wearing Alliance uniforms.

"Sir we are getting a data packet from the Citadel. It's the council, they have sent us information on a number of coordinates where Saren might be located, based on his past actions a Spectre as well a large data file concerning the Reapers." Hotrod told Jack as he was flying the ship.

"Thanks Hotrod, now could you patch me into the inter-com." Jack asked the pilot who obliged.

"Intercom open." he replied. Jack then thought for a second on what he would say before he stood straight and started to address the rest of the ship who were listening after the intercom activated.

"Crew of the Normandy, this is Commander Darby speaking. As you know I have been given command of this ship from Captain Anderson and we have been tasked with a mission of the utmost importance. We have to find Saren before he finds the Conduit. Now I won't lie to you, this will not be an easy mission. We all saw what happened at Eden Prime and we may only be one ship. But I know that this ship and her crew are the best in the Alliance and we will not fail in our mission, because this is our chance to show the galaxy what we are capable of when we all work together. We will find Saren and put an end to him and the Geth force under his control. This I promise you all." The Commander then deactivated the intercom.

"Well said Commander and congratulations on being made a Prime. You deserve it Sir."

Jack patted Hotrod on the shoulder.

"Thanks Hotrod, now take us to the first set of coordinates on the list the council sent us." Jack ordered as he and Arcee who was looking at him full of pride, turned and headed back to the CIC.

"Aye Aye Commander." Hotrod answered as the Normandy left Citadel space via the Space Bridge.
Sign up to rate and review this story