Categories > Cartoons > Transformers > Prime Effect

Chapter X

by Apollo-XL5 0 reviews

This is it, the battle of the Citadel is upon us as Sovereign and the Geth fleet attacks the Capital of the Galactic community. But as Saren boards the station in the hopes of bringing the rest ...

Category: Transformers - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2015-03-14 - 4130 words - Complete

0Unrated
Panic hit the Citadel as the station shook from explosions rattling the hull of the vast space station as the Destiny Ascension, the Council's flagship took the lead with the rest of the Citadel fleet as they met the Geth forces head on. Sovereign held back, seemingly happy to just watch for the moment as the both sides exchanged fire with each other. But little did the defence force know that someone had slipped in the Citadel's back door and was about to strike.

In the Citadel Control room, numerous operators representing each council race were at their stations as the alert sirens blared out. An Asari operator activated the com link.

"Citadel control to Destiny Ascension, come in please?"

Onboard the Citadel flagship, the Councillors were overseeing the battle from the bridge as it shook from an other hit from the Geth. An Asari crewmember turned from her station to face Tevos.

"Madam Councillor, I am receiving a transmission from Citadel control. They wish to know if you want the Citadel arms closed to protect the station?" she said, stress evident in her voice. The Asari Councillor looked over at the others who nodded in return as the ship shook from yet another impact from the Geth weapons.

"Affirmative ensign." she replied as the young Asari turned back to her station.

"Citadel control, that is an affirmative, close the arms, seal the Citadel. I repeat seal the Citadel." But she was answered by nothing but static as no answer was received. She turned back to the Councillors with a worried expression on her face.

"There is no answer, I could have sworn I had them online a moment ago." she said as the Council leaders looked among each other confused.

"What is going on over there?" Sparatus said angrily.

But back at Citadel Control, all the operators were either sprawled over their stations or lying on the floor with smoking bullet holes in the back of their heads as Saren stood in the middle of the room with his weapon equipped and smiling. Taking a moment to relish what he had just done, he then activated his holo-tool and sent a signal out to the battle outside.

Then as the fleets continued to battle each other, Sovereign suddenly began to move towards the station as Two Turian cruisers veered into its path.

"That Geth mother ship….thing, is moving on the Citadel, open fire on it now!"

Both ships fired their cannons on the black behemoth, but had no effect as their energy was simply absorbed by the Reaper's shields. Sovereign then powered up its own weapon which glowed bright red before a beam shot out and cut straight through the first cruiser, splitting it into two pieces. One which hit the other Turian cruiser knocking it directly into the path of the Reaper who flew straight through the crippled ship as it exploded against the black ship's hull harmlessly. Sovereign then carried on towards the Citadel as the Geth ships took defensive formation around it, keeping the rest of the Citadel fleet at bay.

"Oh my goddess, the Citadel arms are closing." Tevos said.

The vast station's arms then closed around Sovereign as it headed toward the Citadel tower turning the station into one long armoured cylinder. The Reaper then landed on the tower, wrapping its five legs around it as energy passed between the Citadel and Sovereign.

Saren, having become satisfied by what he saw on the screens in the control room then turned around and left the room, heading for Council Chamber.

PRIME EFFECT

Meanwhile in the Citadel Tower gardens, a number of Geth centurions were standing in front of the space bridge monument when it suddenly activated, a green vortex opening up gaining the their attention. For several seconds nothing happened as the Geth began to slowly lower their weapons. Then Jack and his team emerged from the portal and killed the Geth with perfect precision. The Prime then looked directly at the staircase leading to the Council Chamber before turning back to the others.

"Okay, Saren will have to use the Councillors podium to access the station and hand control to Sovereign so I am heading there now." He said before giving his pistol one last check. Arcee and the others looked to him before noticing the room suddenly fill up with Husks who charged toward the group. Arcee looked at Jack.

"Go, we will cover you." she said as Jack suddenly looked conflicted with leaving his friends to fend off the hordes that were charging at them. The others started firing at the Husks,

"Jack go, we got this." Garrus yelled back, not taking his eyes off the Husks.

"Take that you bosh'tets!" Tali screamed at the husks as she knocked one back with her shotgun. Jack looked at back at femme.

"Arcee I…." but he was cut off by her pulling him close and planting a kiss on his lips, before pulling back and looking into his eyes.

"You go get him, partner." she said with a confident smile.

Jack returned the smile.

"I'll be back before you know it." he replied before turning and running up the stairs as Arcee went back to the group and began fending off the incoming Husks.

Meanwhile outside the closed Citadel, the Destiny Ascension was surrounded by many Geth ships while the rest of the defence force was scattered.

"This is the Destiny Ascension, we are in desperate need of help. Our shields are failing and weapons offline. Is anyone left?"

But the Geth ships just continued to fire at the damaged flag ship with no sign of a reprieve. But suddenly the space bridge activated and the Normandy followed by the Alliance fleet exited the green vortex and immediately started firing on the enemy ships. Aboard the Alliance flagship the 'Ark'. Admiral Bryce stood on the bridge looking out at the battle.

"This is Admiral Bryce. Heavy Cruiser group two, assist the Destiny Ascension, all other ships break and attack."

The Normandy and the Alliance fleet then joined the battle as the Geth fleet turned to meet them head on.

Back in the Council Chambers, Saren was at the podium working on the holographic Citadel controls when Jack entered the room, gaining the former Spectre's attention.

"Jackson Prime, you know I warned you what would happen if I saw you again." he said as Jack drew his weapon.

"Yeah well, what can I say. I missed you." the Prime replied before noticing something with Saren who grinned back at him. He saw that the Turian now had a more synthetic look about him, with tubes and metal plating on his head and body and his eyes looked more like optics, glowing a bright blue as he stared at the Commander.

"What the hell!" Jack exclaimed as Saren laughed.

"I see your admiring my upgrades." he said as Jack slowly got closer.

"You see after our last encounter, I started to think about what you said to me about indoctrination. Sovereign, though noticed that I was starting to have doubts and so upgraded me with implants. I now have no doubts, no fears. I believe completely in my master, Sovereign."

Jack looked at him confused.

"Did you just say master?"

Saren cocked his head.

"What?" he asked just as confused. Jack continued to slowly walk towards the podium.

"You just called Sovereign your master. Can't you see what is happening to you?"

Saren just continued to stare at the young Prime.

"Sovereign saw that you were beginning to question its hold over you. So it then upgrades you, allowing it to control you more effectively." Jack said as he neared the edge of the box towards the podium's catwalk. Saren's optics then went narrow as anger took over.

"You are just trying to delay me!" he shouted as he threw a grenade towards Jack, who dived behind the nearest cover as it exploded. Saren then turned back to the console to activate the uplink to the Reaper above them. He was about to press the final sequence when a gunshot echoed and the Turian screamed in pain as he grabbed his hand, looking down at the blooded bullet hole in its center. He then turned angrily to see Jack standing on the podium with his pistol raised at him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." the Commander said as Saren roared at him and pounced at the Prime, slamming both of them into the ground with a thud.

PRIME EFFECT

Back in the Gardens, Arcee and Garrus were keeping the Husks at bay as Wrex went head on in and started throwing the creatures around while Tali had deployed drones to help in holding their ground. Suddenly the Quarian's com link activated and Hotrod's voice answered.

"Normandy to Prime's team. Come in, is anyone there?" he said, his voice erratic.

"Tali here Hotrod, Jack is currently engaging Saren." she answered.

"I have a message from Admiral Bryce. We need you to open the Citadel arms so we can attack the Reaper. Can you get to Citadel control?"

Tali took a quick scan of the area to see that every exit other than the one to the Council Chamber was covered by Husks.

"That's a negative, we have too many hostiles here." she then began to think as Hot rod got impatient.

"You still there?"

Tali then smiled.

"Yes and I have an idea, there should be an auxiliary control node around here, now if I can hack into it. I will have access to the mainframe and should be able to open the arms." she answered confidently.

"Okay then, I will inform the Admiral, Normandy out."

Tali then got up and tapped Garrus on the should before shooting a husk that got to close."

"What is it Tali, we are rather busy here." He answered.

"I need to find a auxiliary control node. Being ex C-Sec, you should know of one right?" she asked as Wrex charged into three more husks and then stomped on another clearly enjoying himself a little to much.

"Yeah there is one right over there, but the water fountain. But Arcee and myself have to stay here and keep them from Council Chamber." The Turian replied as he shot another creature in the head as the others screamed at him.

"I only need five minutes cover." she replied, with a confident tone.

"Then allow me!" Wrex roared as he charged through the line of Husks between them and the node and blowing one into the others with his shotgun, knocking them over like bowling skittles. Tali then sprinted behind him, taking cover behind the fountain while activating her holo-tool. The Krogan stayed at her side, shooting any husks that got too close while the Turian and Autobot femme held the line against the hordes of enemies trying to enter the Council Chamber.

Jack felt his back hit the ground hard as Saren stood over him and gloated.

"I see you haven't learned anything since our last fight."

Jack then kicked out at Saren's crotch which didn't phase the Turian at all.

"Really, that's your play?" he laughed as he grabbed Jack's leg and lifted him off the ground and threw him against the podium. Jack winced in pain as he rolled off back onto the floor.

'God, those implants have made him even stronger.' he thought as he looked over to see the former Spectre approaching him, his optics glowing. Jack got to his feet and waved him over, taunting him.

"Come on, is that all you've got?" he said as a little blood trickled down his chin. Saren just growled as he threw a punch which Jack barely blocked before being hit in the stomach by the Turian's other first, knocking him back against the podium. Saren then grabbed Jack by the throat and lifted him off the ground.

"Why are you a Prime?" he asked angrily as he began to choke the Commander.

"You are so weak, did you really think you had a chance against me." he spat while not noticing Jack activating his energy blade and swiping it against the enemy's chest, knocking him back as he released him. The Turian then looked down at the wound and smiled.

"Better." he chuckled as he attacked Jack again.

Things were getting hectic in the gardens as Husks kept entering the large room, no matter how many the others killed. Tali was still trying to hack the control node as Wrex and the others kept fighting. Suddenly her holo-tool pinged and the Quarian smiled.

"I got it, I am in." she exclaimed as she ran back to the line with Wrex who she had to grab and drag away from the husks.

"So what can you do with that access then?" Garrus asked a little impatiently.

" Watch and learn." she smiled as she used her holo-tool. Suddenly all the fountains in the room began overflow, flooding the room.

"I wouldn't stand in that if I were you." Tali said to Arcee and the others, causing them to get out of the rising water and to the top of the stairs leading to the council chamber. Tali then hit a button on her holo-tool and suddenly the power nodes in the room overloaded causing electricity to spread throughout the room using the water as a conductor, electrifying all the husks there. The four of them watched as the husks lied there in the water, completely incapacitated.

"Nice work Tali." Arcee said giving the young Quarian an encouraging smile. Garrus then looked at the Quarian.

"Isn't there something else you have to do?" He asked. Tali just kept smiling.

"Already done it."

Outside the Destiny Ascension had just been saved by the Heavy cruiser group who had suffered heavy losses from defending her. And the remaining Geth ships had started to scatter. Admiral Bryce looked out and smiled as he saw the Citadel arms opening up and giving them a good look at the Reaper inside.

"This is Admiral Bryce to all ships, the Citadel is open. Now attack that Reaper, I repeat, attack Sovereign."

Then every ship sped inside the opening arms and fired on the resting Behemoth. The Normandy flew around the black ship and fired its cannons, but still not making so much as a dent.

"Sir, the Reaper's shields are still to strong." Hotrod stated as the rest of the fleet surround the enemy.

"Well keep at it, all ships engage." he answered back as all the ships rained down on the Reaper while it fired back at the ships destroying each one in one shot.

PRIME EFFECT

Meanwhile the fight between Jack and Saren had reached a stalemate. The Prime stood between the podium's holographic controls and the Turian.

"Your not getting tired are you Saren, not with all of those upgrades?" Jack taunted.

"Not at all Prime. I will defeat you and give control of the Citadel to Sovereign and then the Reapers will return." he replied with confidence in his voice.

"Not on my watch." Jack replied as the two then grappled.

"Why are you resisting Prime. Organics do have place with the Reapers, leaders like you and myself. Sovereign has been impressed by you, join us and you will survive the purge and help lead the new generation under our rule."

Jack gritted his teeth as Saren bared down on him.

"Never, I would rather die then be like you." he growled as he fought back against the Turian, pushing him back enough to swing his energy blade at Saren's legs, cutting them open. The Turian fell to his knees, as Jack stood over him.

"You gave yourself to Sovereign, let it change you. Your nothing but its puppet now."

Saren looked up at him with an enraged stare.

"I will kill you." he spat as he tried to get up, only to be met by Jack's energy blade impaling him through the chest. Saren coughed up blood as he looked at Jack.

"You asked me why I am a Prime. Its because I will do whatever it takes to protect this galaxy from the likes of you and the Reapers." he answered as he pulled the blade back out, blood gushed out of the wound as Jack then watched the light fade from Saren's optics, as his body then slumped to the ground. The Prime looked down at the fallen Turian for a moment, before turning around and walking over to the Citadel controls. He started typing and closing the up-link to Sovereign when suddenly he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Jack look out!"

He turned to find Saren's body reanimated and his optics glowing as it swung for him. Jack rolled out of the way to see Arcee and the others running toward him. He looked back as Saren's corpse started to glow with red energy as its flesh burnt away to reveal its now synthetic skeleton standing there at the podium.

"You will not stop us human Prime, we will be here long after your corpses have turned to dust." Sovereign spoke through the corpse as it charged at Jack. The Prime himself charging back at it.

"Jack!" Arcee cried out as she watched her lover running at the abomination. The Saren husk swung at Jack as he rolled under it's attack and swung at it from behind only to be blocked as it hit back. Only for the Prime to dodge it. It then growled an unholy sound as it then jumped at the young man who swung his blade right for the husk's neck, slicing right through. Saren's head fell off and rolled across the floor before coming to a stop at the edge of the platform. It's optics going dead once and for all. Jack just stood there and panted heavily as the others ran up to him.

"Jack, you alright?" Arcee asked, finally getting his attention. "Yeah, I fine, a little bloodied and beaten but.." he then realised. "The fleet."

He turned towards the controls and brought up a screen showing the battle outside.

A moment after the Saren husk's death, a red energy passed through the reaper, making it lose control and slowly drift away from the tower.

"Admiral, Sovereign's shields are down." Hotrod said as the Normandy flew around the Reaper.

"Hit it with everything we've got!" he ordered as all the remaining ships hammered the Reaper with all of their weapons. The Normandy flew high up above the battle and spun around, then dived down towards the enemy. It then fired a full spread of torpedoes which impacted along the central body of the Reaper making it explode, sending debris in all directions as the Alliance frigate flew past.

Back in the Council Chamber, Jack and the others had just witnessed Sovereign's demise via the giant pane glass window, but then Jack's face tensed up as he noticed a large piece of debris heading right for them.

"Run!" he shouted as they all started to run away as the debris impacted the tower causing explosive decompression before a force field erected itself in place.

Rescue teams entered the heavily damaged council chambers which a had a piece of Reaper debris stuck in the middle of the large room. Captain Anderson was leading the search as they all shifted through the rubble, looking for survivors.

"Over here." one of the rescue team called as Anderson and two others joined him moving the blocks of concrete out of the way to reveal Arcee and the others hiding in an archway.

"Its okay, your safe now." Anderson said as the rescuers helped the team out into the open. He looked at all of them.

"Where is Commander Darby?" he asked as he noticed all of them, especially Arcee look down at the ground, sadness in their eyes.

"Jack pushed us into that archway moments before…." she trailed off as her gaze fell on Jack's avenger rifle, snapped in half lying on the ground next to a piece of the dead Reaper, the other half buried under it. Anderson and the others joined her as she walked over and picked it up.

Tears welling in her eyes as she held it close to her chest. Anderson was about to speak when something caught his attention from behind the large debris, as a shadow was seen moving. The others looked over when they noticed the Captain, a smile growing on his face as a figure suddenly hobbled out from behind the debris.

Arcee looked too, but did not register it yet. But then the figure stepped into the light and Arcee's eyes widened as she dropped the rifle on the ground and ran towards him and jumped into the waiting arms of Jack Darby, who gave her the most passionate kiss as the others smiled and surrounded the two lovers. When they finally broke for air, Arcee looked into Jack's eyes.

"Don't ever do that to me again." she said with a large smile as she touched her forehead to his.

"I promise Arcee." he answered as everyone around them applauded.

PRIME EFFECT

During the aftermath of the battle, everyone was helping to clear debris and repair the damage done to the Citadel. But inside one of the offices, Commander Darby, Captain Anderson and Admiral Bryce stood with the Councillors.

"Captain, Admiral and of course Commander Darby. We wish to thank the Alliance for its part in defeating the forces of Saren and Sovereign." Tevos said.

"Many humans and Autobots died while protecting the Citadel and this Council..." Valern continued.

"...Their sacrifice will not be forgotten."

Tevos turned to Jack. "And we owe you a great debt Commander, one that we will never be able repay. You not only saved our lives, but the lives of billions from the threat of Sovereign and the Reapers."

Jack held his hand up to stop them.

"Forgive me madam Councillor, but the Reapers are still out there. And I intend to find a way to stop them."

Tevos nodded.

"We understand Commander, and know that this Council now recognises the Alliance as a full member of our society and we will do whatever we can to aid you in your mission."

Jack nodded and then saluted Anderson and Bryce before leaving the office.

Down at the airlock leading to the Normandy, Arcee was waiting as Jack approached.

"So are we ready for launch?" Jack asked as Arcee looked over to him, a smile gracing her lips.

"Yes everyone is on board and we are just waiting for you." she replied as Jack held out a hand, which she took.

"Then lets get out of here." he said as the two of them entered the ship.

Once in the CIC, Jack and Arcee were greeted by Tali, Garrus and Wrex as the crew worked at their stations.

"So you guys are staying with us then?" he asked.

"Of course we are Jack, we are not going to let our friends do this alone now." Garrus replied.

Jack looked at each of them.

"I just want to thank you guys for all of your help during.." but he was cut of by Wrex.

"Yeah, yeah. We can do all of this later, right now we have a galaxy to save." The Krogan slapped the Prime on the shoulder making Jack smile.

"Your right Wrex."

He then activated the inter com.

"This is the Commander, we are leaving the Citadel for uncharted space. Our mission is to find a means of protecting the galaxy from the Reaper threat. Assume your stations and prepare for departure." He and Arcee then walked up to Hotrod who as always, was in the cockpit.

"Great job on the Citadel Commander!" the young pilot exclaimed as Jack stood beside him.

"Thanks, I heard you did some great flying while battling Sovereign." Jack replied.

"Yeah I sure did." the Autobot beamed.

"So where too Commander?"

Jack then looked out into space in front of him.

"Set course for the Omega Nebula, we will start our search there." the Prime ordered as both he and Arcee looked out at the stars ahead of them, knowing that no matter where they went or what threat they faced. They would easily defeat it as long as they were together.

The Normandy then disconnected from the Citadel docking port and flew out beyond the station's arms and into the green vortex of the space bridge.

To be continued

In

PRIME EFFECT 2

A/N: Well I hope you enjoyed all this as much as I did writing it. Thank you for reading this story.

And once more, thank you :)
Sign up to rate and review this story