Categories > TV > Waking the Dead > Leo's Walking Dead

The Tomb Below

by TwistedLemon 0 reviews

They reach the garage, but are far from finding a ride.

Category: Waking the Dead - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-03-17 - 743 words

0Unrated
They moved down the stairs pretty quickly. Every turn was suspenseful. Every second was a question of will it be the last.

After moving past floor 5 and further underground, they came to the last few steps. Tom stopped suddenly when he saw a biter in front of him. Charlie began to turn around and Tom moved back fast but Leo held onto Charlie's shirt, "No wait, its only one. Here." She stepped forward and used the scalpel by driving it into the biters temple.

"There. We can get them in the head so it doesn't attract more."
Tom's face got paler and he started leaning over till he threw up. "Sorry I... Im sorry."
Charlie rubbed his back. "its okay, it's amazing that we can even stay this calm about this whole thing." She looked at Leo, and Leo could tell what she was thinking. Up till now Tom was holding it together but even he broke, so why hasn't she. The truth was that nothing fazed Leo. Its all about what to do next. The world is going to shit and all she can think about is how she will survive. Its how she's always been. Ever since...

Charlie whipped her head around, "I can hear some coming down the stairs."

The group continued down, Tom was at the back trying not to yak again. They finally reached the garage. There was a girl fighting off the biters all by herself. She had a pipe in her hand and was stabbing them in the gut over and over, lucky there was only two.
Charlie came up behind one and stabbed it in the head. "You have to get them in the head or--"
"STAY BACK!!" The woman held the pipe up. Charlie backed off. "We just want to help, were doctors, were just trying to find a way out of here..put the pipe down the biters are gone."
The girl became more hostile, "Ill hit you in the god damn skull if you try anything!!!"

Leo had no patience, especially with the world crumbling around them. Priority number one was getting a vehicle to escape the hospital. She had no time to negotiate with an insane woman. She poked around with some of the vehicles and found a great ambulance that had a bunch of medical supplies.
Leo stepped out of it and talked to Tom. "We need to leave now, but first lets see if any of the other cars have spare gasoline, we can't afford to loose gas if were too close to the city." Tom stood there for a moment trying to comprehend what she said. "I-I... Ok yeah." He took the gas tank she gave him and moved to the other cars, meanwhile Charlie was still trying to calm the woman down.

After they looted the cars, Leo turned to Tom one more time. " We have to leave as soon as possible but that woman. We can't just leave her here. But she won't come with us on her own." Tom got the hint.

Charlie had convinced her to put the pipe down. "okay good, now just come with us, it'll be safer for you--" Tom picked her up and threw he over his shoulder and ignored her screaming. He threw her into the back of the car and closed the door. Right after Leo locked the door and looked at Charlie, who was looking back with a look of disgust. "Time to go Charlie."

"Yeah. Sure." Suddenly gun shots can be heard. After everyone gets in, Leo looks and see's a group of people shooting biters following them. She starts the car and they drive off. The girl in the back is yelling something and fighting Tom. Meanwhile Charlie and Leo are in the front.

The streets outside the hospital were insane. Biters everywhere, and people being eaten by biters. They drove off and managed to get away from the hospital. The road leading outside the city was completely blocked off so Leo took the opposite road. Other cars were driving as well. She was happy that other people managed to get out. But she was also worried. More people meant more chances for fighting over supplies. They were in an ambulance, a beacon for people that needed medical supplies, good and bad people. Nevertheless they got out of Atlanta, thats all that mattered.

"Charlie looks over at Leo. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"
Sign up to rate and review this story