Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > (now press repeat)

Melisma

by StormVandal 0 reviews

"Meet me in Brooklyn."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2015-03-28 - 461 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Do you wanna go somewhere cool?" Pete asks.
Mikey looks around. He's supposed to get a lift home with Frank and Gerard, but they're nowhere in sight and he figures they've either left without him or they're fucking in the washroom again. "Sure," he says.
Pete hails a cab and tells the cabbie to drop them at the Williamsburg bridge. Mikey frowns in confusion. The Williamsburg bridge isn't exactly "somewhere cool".
"C'mon," Pete says after he's paid the cab driver. He leads Mikey away from the bridge, and Mikey follows him nervously.
He realizes where they're going when he sees the big yellow DOMINO sign. The abandoned sugar refinery. He stops in his tracks.
"Dude. You're not allowed inside that place."
"Shut up," Pete replies. He grabs Mikey's hand and drags him down the street until they stop outside the fence.
Mikey gapes as Pete grabs onto the fence and starts to climb. "/Dude/! Are you fucking serious?"
"Yes. This place is fucking awesome. Come on!"
"Aren't there asbestos or something?"
"Come on," Pete repeats impatiently.
Mikey takes a step back. he can't do this. He feels stupid and inadequate. "I should go."
Pete drops down onto the other side of the fence. "So go."
Mikey hesitates before turning around and beginning to walk away.
"I wish you'd stayed," says Pete.
Mikey looks back and gives him a sad smile. The refinery is crumbling into the darkness. They're almost out of time.
"I wish I'd stayed too," he says. "Now I wish I'd stayed. I wish I'd done a lot of things. I wish..." He swallows, hard. "I wish I'd stayed."
"Why did you leave, anyway?"
Mikey laughs humourlessly. "You said 'so go'," he says. "With such scorn, y'know? I guess I was... I dunno. I felt like a scared little kid. I don't know. But I wish I hadn't."
He starts to walk away again. This time, he's almost to the main road when his name is called.
"What if you stay this time?"
"This is it," Mikey calls back. "There's no memory left."
"At least come back and make up a goodbye. It's about time we had one."
Mikey runs back to the factory and climbs the fence without a second thought. As soon as he's over it, Pete steps forward and wraps his arms around him.
"Bye," he whispers.
"I love you," Mikey says desperately, his voice breaking. He needs Pete to know. He needs him to understand.
Pete leans up to Mikey's ear as he starts to fade away. "Meet me here," he breathes. "Meet me in Brooklyn."

Victoria presses one last button and lets out an exhausted sigh. "Done," she says. "It's done."
William gets up and carefully removes the helmet from the Way guy's head.
Sign up to rate and review this story