Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Eve The Last Dragon (Bleach FanFic Byakuya Love Story)

Hello, Head Captain

by RubyRiot13 0 reviews

Long ago an empress gave all to save her people. Now she longs for a purpose. To step out of the stories of legend and into the present day. A/N old tale of mine meets the bleach universe P. ...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kuchiki Byakuya - Published: 2015-03-31 - 3207 words - Complete

0Unrated

As everyone followed the hellbutterflies sent to guide them through the precipice world. Eve found herself drifting in and out of consciousness with the rhythmic motion of Byakuya's footsteps.

Lost in thought just glad to be out of the healing crystal her mind lingered on the man holding her. {This one is intriguing. I wonder is he always like this? The current of his spiritual pressure is so calm, yet there is something else, something...}

"Eve, are you well?" Byakuya asked {She was so lively before, After being in the spire for so long it seems logical that she could be ill from the change of environment.} He thought to himself as she farrowed her brow and answered.

"Oh, I'm fine, just... tired." She said faintly. "Thank you, for your concern." Opening her eyes she looked up to see Byakuya focused intently on the path before them.
A few feet behind them Rukia giggled maniacally, catching Ichigo's attention.

"What's so funny?" He asked

“My brother, I've never seen him act like that before. I think it's cute that's all.”
Eve hearing this as Rukia's voice was only muffled by the giggles of Rangiku. She looked over Byakuya's shoulder out of curiosity. Ichigo smirked. Eve could tell the reason though she doubted Rukia's awareness.

Eve raised her eyebrow sighed and settled back on to Byakuya's shoulder.

{What an interesting group we have here.} Raitobu mused deep in Eve's mind.

"We are almost there" Rangiku said glancing back at Eve.

Eve smiled back at Rangiku. Moments later she felt a rush of fear and clutched on to Byakuya before she realized what she was doing {Why am I scared?}

"What's wrong?" Byakuya asked now walking a bit faster

"I don't ... know" she said in a strained whisper almost gasping. Her heart was racing,
vision blurry it felt like there was electricity coursing through her veins.

At this Byakuya bolted without warning. Moments later they arrived at the Squad 4 Barracks. Eve was passed out in Byakuya's arms. He froze in his steps when a rush of energy shot through him his mind was flooded by memories, emotions, dreams, and thoughts none of which were his own. All of them meshed together making his head spin. Then, like the eye of a storm there was peace and he recognized Eve's presence.

{Byakuya please forgive my trespassing... please know that I never enter the mind of another without consent unless there is no other way to communicate critical information. In an attempt to honer the sacred nature of ones mind I have sudo blocked the connection. You can hear my thoughts, but I can not hear yours.}

Her words filled his mind like a whisper on a summer breeze. His dark resolve to banish all emotion was rattled by the pure intent of her words.

{Given that you have not yet rejected my presence bodes in my favor. Know that you can brake the connection anytime you wish. I have lost consciousness upon entering the soul society because one of my most basic powers is to absorb reishi with every breath. I have never been anywhere made of it before, and it will most likely take a few hours for my body to acclimate. Please just lay me down somewhere safe and I will wake soon enough. I am sorry for lingering here so long,}

"I see." Byakuya said aloud as Unohana the Captain of Squad 4 came out to great them.

"Captain Kuchiki what brings you here? I thought you were to report in as soon as you returned. Oh, is this her?"

"Yes, she lost consciousness as we were about to enter the soul society. So I brought her here for observation and treatment."

"I see, do you know what the cause of this is?"

"She was found engulfed by a healing crystal of sorts. I believe it has to do with the change of environment manly the abundance of reishi here. She absorbs it with every breath apparently."

"Hmm, that would explain things. Bring her this way, I'll see to her immediately."
With this Byakuya fallowed Unohana into the barracks. Laying Eve down on a treatment bed Byakuya turned to leave halting at the door.

"Do not let Captain Kurotsuchi near her during my absence. Within her lives a dragon that could destroy us all if angered. He has entrusted us with her for now. Though, I fear his tolerance will falter if the Captain of Squad 12 brings his probes to the table." He said looking back at Unohana waiting for her response.

"Understood and agreed. Do you think she will be an ally to us, or our newest enemy?" Unohana asked plainly

"Ally I believe, unless we give her reason to not be." Byakuya answered

"I will do what I can to keep her presence as secret as possible, though with the way she is spewing spiritual pressure this will be no small task. I will keep him away all the same."

With this he left to report in

"Lieutenant Isane"

"Yes Captain?" Isane said as she entered the room.

"What do you think of our guest?"

Isane giggled behind her hand. "I'm sorry Captain, it's just her ears they are so cute."

"I know, it's no wonder nations fallowed her. She is adorable. Her vitals are stable. Seems there is not to do except wait for her to wake."

"Do you think she will remember what and who brought her here?"

"Possibly though I think it best if you standby and watch over her until Captain Kuchiki returns." Unohana ordered

"Of course Captain"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Head Captain Yamamoto's office

"Ah Captain Kuchiki, I see you have returned. What news do you bring?"

"The Empress was found with the help of the substitute soul reaper Ichigo Kurosaki."

"Then tell me all that has occurred."

As Byakuya brought old man Yama up to speed. The Head Captain's eyes opened all the more as Byakuya continued.

"hm, is that all?" Yamamoto asked flatly.

"Yes"

"Very well, You are to stay by her side and guard her until she wakes. When she is alert and well bring her to my office immediately. If she wakes at some odd hour notify me and I will set a time for us to meet in the morning. When she wakes, we will need to make arrangements for her stay in the soul society."

"Of course, Head Captain."

Byakuya left Yamamoto's office thinking bleakly of what could await him at squad 4. Who could possibly know how long Eve would need to acclimate. If she takes much longer, central 46 will lose patience with Head Captain. As always they wanted answers, and weren't afraid of jumping to conclusions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at squad 4 Byakuya entered Eve's room to find Isane sitting at a table in the corner just to the left of Eve's bed. She was reading a book when she looked up and saw Byakuya enter.

"Lieutenant Isane, you may return to your other duties now. I have been assigned this task."

Isane glanced at Eve then looked to Byakuya.

"Yes Captain Kuchiki, please be sure to call on me or my Captain if her symptoms worsen." She said as she stood and walked to the door."

He acknowledged her comment with a nod. Taking his place at the table. He let out a sigh. With nothing better to do he began to meditate. The room was dimly lit as the sun began to set. Byakuya turned in his chair to open the window just behind him. The sent of fresh cherry blossoms filled the room in moments. Settling back in to the surprisingly comfortable chair he resumed his meditation. Hours went by, now that it was night Byakuya sent for Renji. Within minutes Renji gave a soft knock at the door before entering.

"Captain Kuchiki, you called for me?"

"Yes, I need all the reports that are due tomorrow. I believe she will wake soon, send for food also. I will be having my dinner here. That should be all for now."

"On it Sir."

Renji left the room closing the door behind him. The sound of said door closing seemed to disturb Eve. She began to toss and turn in her sleep. A soft indistinct whisper left her as she began to still her movements. Byakuya leaned in to hear her better.

"Byakuya?" she said again still barely audible

"Yes?" He answered raising his eyebrow to the mysterious cat lady before him

Eve gave a soft smile at the sound of his voice and rolled on to her other side now facing away from him. He sat up straight in his seat. Then noticing something near Eve twitch from the corner of his eye. He looked on to see... and in a moment his stoic mask shattered much like his sword is know to.

{She has a Tail!?!} His mind screamed as his eyes traveled from the tip of the sapphire tail to the base of her spine. {How did I not notice it before!} Her silhouette brought a certain theme to his thoughts, one of familiarity. Did he know this woman? Pondering how, and or where he could know her from, his mind spun in many directions. The stories that are told of her never mention her looks specifically. Only that she had nekomimi and that her right eye turned ruby red when as a child her soul was fused with the dragon's. There are some that believe her feline features are also a result of this bond, but there is no data to back this claim. Realization sprung from the bottom of his pensive. In his youth he had dreamt of her. These dreams stopped when he reached adulthood. Putting his elbow on the tabletop to his right he then rested his forehead on his palm. While his mind calmed from the chaos of remembering the mysterious dreams of a long dead childhood he felt something like a dark force creep to the forefront of his thoughts.

Just then there was another light knock at the door and again Renji entered the room followed by the ever timid Hanataro. Renji was carrying the papers that his captain had requested. While Hanataro was carrying a tray with dinner for two.

"Here are the reports that you asked for, and Hanataro was in the hall when I left earlier so he helped with the food. Is there anything else you need of me Captain? That is, before I turn in."

"No, that is all."

Renji gave an uneasy glance to Eve. Who was still fast asleep. Not sure what else to do after placing the papers on the table. He motioned for Hanataro to do the same with the food. Poor kid looked as though his mind had been blown to bits. Renji figured it would be best to fill him in after they left. Finished with there duties for the night they left the room quietly. Hanataro gave a silent bow on his way out.

The sound of the door closing made Eve reposition again. As she rested on her back. She shivered and her eyes fluttered open. At the shiver Byakuya moved to close the window. Eve sat up and turned to face Byakuya in one fluid movement. Again one soft spoken word slipped out.

"Hungary..."

Without a word Byakuya offered her a roll from the tray. Eve glanced about the room. Looking at Byakuya her eyes traveled to his outstretched hand. Seeing the roll she reached out for it. Her fingertips brushed against the inside of his left wrist as she clasped the roll and pulled away.

At the point of contact, Byakuya felt a stream of energy surge up his arm and down his spine. The shock must have shown on his face. Eve became very uneasy at this and sat quietly twitching her tail from side to side. Her otherwise blank expression turned to a frown as she closed her eyes, bowed her head, and looked away.

"I'm sorry." She said in a hushed voice. "

That was only a side effect. It Will fade the longer we go without forming another mind link. The bond is strong, but also quite fickle. it requires a certain maintenance..." She
followed up with, seeing the concern on Byakuya's face.

"Why do you apologize?" He asked

"Didn't it hurt? I have only met one that could handle the side effects without extreme discomfort." She asked in return.

"Hurt, discomfort, or pain these are not the descriptive terms that come to mind." He answered calmly.

"I have many questions about this and and many things brought to my attention by you. Though, I must excuse myself Miss Eve. I need to inform the Head Captain that you are awake and well enough to meet."

"Okay." Eve said as Byakuya stood and left. "hmmm. So that is what they call flash step." she mumbled as he disappeared from view.

{'Raitobu, what should I do? I don't belong here.'}

{'Be calm my lady, all will be well'} the Dragon within her answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Byakuya stopped in front Yamamoto's office door and gave a nod to the soul reaper standing guard. Said soul reaper gave no hesitation in opening the door and letting Byakuya enter. He found the Head Captain at his desk signing report after report.

"Captain Kuchiki, is she well?"

"Yes Head Captain, her condition is stable and she is quit alert. When do you want me to bring her to you?"

"in the morning an hour after dawn. In the meantime she will need quarters for the night with the hollow activity in the world of the living squad 4 will not have room for her much longer. Our troops are returning gravely wounded by the tens every hour. Shortly, after your return I sent the same team back to the world of the living, minus you and your lieutenant obviously."

"I see." Byakuya said thinking to himself. {That explains why I could no longer sense Rukia's spiritual pressure.}

"I will leave finding her a place to rest up to you. Be sure it is to her liking. I want her to feel like the honored guest that she is. Never mind what else is going on." Old man Yama finished.

"As you command sir,"

"Very well, Dismissed."

With a smirk Byakuya left the room and flash stepped back to squad 4. Arriving at the door to Eve's room. He stopped dead.

“Where is she?” He asked the emptiness.

Without a second though he began to search the seireitei. Eve was nowhere to be found. He couldn't sense her spiritual pressure. He stood at the narrowest point of the execution grounds as the wind blew to the east and the only light to be found came from the moon. It must have been half past midnight by now and of course there was no sign of the only responsibility he had that night. Still in the first 24 hours of knowing this woman and she was already annoying as hell.

Byakuya sat on the ground he then laid his sword across his lap and let his conscious self sink to the base of his mind. Wondering vaguely how one goes about using a mind link, or if he could engage it at all. His thoughts were interrupted by Senbonzakura who was sensing his masters frustration so he offered this.

{" There is a chance I can establish the link if you wish. It seems much like the same connection we zanpakuto use. The differences seem to be specific to the issues of linking two minds of different origins. Her ability to form mind links at will must have come from her dragon... She is close by."}

{"So be it, link us if you can."}

{"What of the consequences my lord."}

{"Consequences be damned."}

Seconds later Byakuya felt the same rush as before. Only things were slightly more peaceful this time around.

{"Eve?"} Byakuya called out in his mind.

{"Yes, Byakuya?"}

{"Where are you?"}

{“Flying towards you as we speak. Forgive me for leaving the barracks without notice. I did not mean to worry you Captain.”}

Byakuya looked up to see nothing at all amiss with the sky.

{“What do you mean by this. I can not see or sense your presence anywhere but in my mind. It is unnerving to say the least.”}

Then, he saw himself through her eyes. She was mounted on Raitobu's back and they had just landed a few feet behind him. He turned to see... Nothing apparently. {How?} was all he could think.

“Come Now, Raitobu let him see us. It won't do to cause him more distress this night.”

Byakuya heard Eve's words both by voice and thought. He fought to think of anything but how melodic it was. Knowing all to well that the mind link was still in place.

“As you wish, My Lady.” Was the dragon's reply

Still half turned in his spot Byakuya stared on as a blue haze formed, and as though this was a mundane activity. Eve dismounted walked forward and sat beside him. His eyes followed her every move.

They sat quietly for a bit, taking in the view of the seireitei. Everything was so peaceful in this moment.

“So, what of this Head Captain? When do I get to meet him?” She asked with a sigh. She then leaned back and rested her palms on the ground.

{“In the morning, one hour after dawn.”} Byakuya's mind recited the scene of Yamamoto giving the orders. {“You are worried. Why?”} his train of thought continued with the inquiry.

It was odd. To feel the worry ripple through her like a wave. {Is this what emotions always feel like to her?} He wondered

{“It would be easiest for me to show you, though I think it unwise.”}

{“Again, Why?”}

{“The longer we stay linked the more permanent the bond will be.”}

{“if you think this link should be broken, then brake it.”} He said this with a hard stare that pierced through Eve. She could tell he wanted to learn as much as he could as quickly as possible. All the same, he did not know what he was asking for.

{“Byakuya, the sun is rising. We should go now.”} and with this Eve broke the link.
Byakuya sighed. His eyes lost some light as he stood. With an expression Eve had never seen him wear. It was blank, distant, and cold. He stepped away from her and said. ”This way.”

Then he flash stepped away. Eve followed him with ease.

She had left Raitobu with a simple order Do as you wish, so long as no one sees, feels, or hears you my dragon. Explore and keep the peace.

They made it to squad 1 and upon entering Eve was greeted by a slandered Captains meeting. She watched Byakuya take his place among the other Captains. Then she looked to the head of the room. There stood Genryƫsai Yamamoto.

“Come forward.” Old man Yama said his voice commanding yet friendly.

Eve walked in and stopped where the Captains began.

“Hello Head Captain. It's nice to finally meet the grandson of my dear Vizroy.”

Every Captain looked at Eve in shock
Sign up to rate and review this story