Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Eve The Last Dragon (Bleach FanFic Byakuya Love Story)

Awakening

by RubyRiot13 0 reviews

Long ago an empress gave all to save her people. Now she longs for a purpose. To step out of the stories of legend and into the present day. A/N old tale of mine meets the bleach universe P. ...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kuchiki Byakuya - Published: 2015-03-31 - 1511 words

0Unrated

Rukia "Wow, is this what you were looking for Brother?"

"I believe so" Byakuya almost whispered stepping closer to the dragon cautiously. The beast and the spire seemed to be made of the same crystalline substance. Hand on the hilt of his zanpakuto Byakuya took another step forward only to halt as the dragon began to glow the same iridescent blue as the spire.

"Who are you and why have you come?" Raitobu asked in a booming throw of his voice.

Byakuya stood stoic as ever, the rest stood in awe as Raitobu spoke and began to glow a brighter with every syllable his light filled the cavern. This glowing crystal dragon guarding his spire, well it was like nothing they had ever seen. which was saying something after all this crew had been through together.

"I am Byakuya Kuchiki Captain of Squad 6 in the 13 Court Guard Squads. We have come with orders from Head Captain Yamamoto. We are here to bring you back to the soul society your presence here is disrupting Karakura town, the city above."

"You and your comrades are good in nature and I can tell you have no ill intent. So, before we continue I believe you should meet the Empress."

Renji "You mean she's here?!?"

Raitobu "If you know of her or anything of her life then you should know, wherever she is I am."

Renji..."Right"

Raitobu took a slow breath in and and transformed to his more flesh and blood self as he unwrapped from the spire. He then looked to Byakuya

"She has been in the crystal for thousands of years be ready to catch her when she falls captain."

"Is she still alive or is it her soul in that crystal?" Asked Toshiro

"She lives." The dragon answered as he put a claw to the spires tip.

At the point of contact the crystal began to dissolve. Everyone's eyes went wide as The Empress came into view. Her beauty untouched by the test of time still wearing her mythscale armor, and glowing ever so faintly. She floated a foot or so above where the crystal once stood just as she began to drift to the ground Byakuya caught her in his arms. She laid there limply with no sign of life when the mythscale made her slip slightly in his grip. She responded quickly, her arms wrapped around his neck and she clung to him out of pure instinct. Her eyes fluttered open and she gasped at the sight of Byakuya's face only inches above her own.

"P-put me down I know not who you are." She said letting go and pulling away.

"Be still my lady, he means you no harm, and you have not the strength to stand" The Dragon soothed

Eve's feeble attempt to leave Byakuya's arms ceased with a sigh. Calmed by the sound of her Dragon she rested her head against Byakuya's shoulder her arms looped loosely around his neck once more. {Hmm... This feels new... What is it?} Eve thought as Byakuya's intent come to her in waves. She then asked aloud "Raitobu, who are they and why should I be at ease?"

"This, Byakuya Kuchiki is a Captain and he said that Yamamoto sent them to bring us to this soul society place, and that Yamamoto is some sort of high Captain or other now"

At that, Eve looked up at Byakuya and asked "Vizroy or his son Genry?"

Byakuya glanced down still facing the crew that made up his search party he met her inquisitive stare with one twice as interrogating ( Impressive for a side glance ;-} )

"Genryƫsai Shigekuni Yamamoto is our head Captain"

"Then we should get going, because if he is anything like when he was young he has no patience for the wasting of time" Eve said mockingly a slight smirk worked it's way across her face.

Byakuya raised an eyebrow to the woman in his arms

"You know him personally?"

"No... Well, lets just say I have heard him, and he has heard of me. I have been in that crystal for... Wow I'm not even sure how long."

Eve said this as she cocked her head to the side pulling away from Byakuya's shoulder slightly still holding his gaze.

"Whats this soul society you mean to take me to?" She asked

"It is where we soul reapers send the souls of dead humans to continue the transmigration cycle." Byakuya replied

"Um, thats all well and good, but I am less then dead and more then human" She said nonchalantly

At this Byakuya turned his head to Eve and she could have sworn there was a glimpse of curiosity in that far off gaze of his as he looked over her features. Lingering at her pointy cat-ears his brow farrowed a bit and Eve couldn't help but smile slightly he seems so composed but being this close to him she could see little hints of the underlying emotion. {Raitobu has it right, this man and his people they are... Good.}

"I am aware that you are alive, but if not human then what are you?"

'In short, of my kind I am the last and a half-breed at that."

"My lady please do not speak so plainly of your noble blood." Raitobu interjected

"I am Half Human, half Miqo'te*" Eve clarified

Everyone one had that ? look to their face again at this but said nothing.

Looking deep into Eve's eyes Byakuya said "Yes, I believe Head Captain would like to hear what you have to say. Miss Draconian it is time for me to take you to him." Then he looked up to see Rukia Smirking at the scene before her. He closed his eyes with a sigh. {what mischief is that girl thinking up now.}

Eve could see he didn't mean insult by his words but she could tell the lines of authority were less then clear. {Just because I'm willing to co-operate does not mean he can do as he pleases with me}

"First and foremost Captain Kuchiki, be weary of how you address me. I am an Empress and though the sands of time may have laid waste to my Empire, if it was not for the sacrifice of my people and I. Put plainly, you and yours would not exist."

Everyone sweat-dropped to this and held their breath waiting for the Noble's response.

"Did she really just say that to your brother?" Ichigo whispered to Rukia his eyes wide with disbelief.

"Yeah, she did"

"If the legends are true then she has a point" Yoruichi said deep in thought.

"True enough." Urahara added.

Byakuya opened his eyes slightly and looked back down at Eve about to ask by which title she wished to be addressed by, when yet again she slipped in his grip. Without a second thought he clung to her and she to him now leaving only an inch between their lips.

"Then by what name and title should I address you" he said coldly resetting their positions to before the slip. He kept his head bowed so that the faint tinge to his cheeks would not be known.

"Um, Eve... You may call me Eve. I-I grant you this honor for being the one chosen by Raitobu to wake me from my slumber." Eve said while turning her face to his shoulder in an attempt to hide the traitorous blush that crept to her checks.

This didn't help. It was too late, he had seen her reaction. Then she heard it the low rumble of a chuckle came from Raitobu and she then remembered that they had an audience. She looked to the small group and notice the one they called Rukia giggling like mad with the busty Rangiku by her side. That Ichigo was occupied bye Raitobu and the others, they all had looks of bewildered amusement to them.

"Rangiku, a senkaimon if you please." Requested Urahara

"Sure thing" Rangiku said still smirking as she pulled her zanpakuto out and used it as a key.

She turned it clockwise a door appeared and as it opened a flock of hellbutterflies greeted the crew as they approached the doorway and walked through. First it was Renji then Rukia, Ichigo, Toshiro, Rangiku, but when Byakuya started to walk towards the magical doorway...

"Wait" Eve said

Byakuya halted and Eve said in a whisper "Raitobu will not fit through that gateway"
"What other forms can he take?" Byakuya asked in reply

"Oh a great many, most only limited by my imagination. I believe traveling will be easiest if he simply rejoins me." She answered followed by "Raitobu return and rest my dearest friend"

"Yes my Lady" Raitobu sighed in relief and turned into the blue smoke form he used to merge or separate from Eve's soul. Byakuya watched closely as the smoke surrounded Eve and then sank into her skin.

"Are you ready to proceed?" He asked

"Yes" she answered allowing herself to relax in his arms again as they entered the senkaimon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story