Categories > Books > Warriors > Secrets (An Eric/Divergent Fanfic)

Chapter 10

by divergentmonsterfan 0 reviews

Celebratory Moods and Nightmarish Happenings

Category: Warriors - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-04-06 - 773 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Dauntless were all in the Pit, drinking, chatting and celebrating. The initiates had passed onto Dauntless, ready to serve. I sat in the dining hall with Eric and Ruby, eating some Dauntless cake. Mind you, they were as good as they looked.

"This is great. I mean, we're no longer initiates. We'll probably get called by our real names from now on," Ruby said, swallowing some cake.
"Probably," Eric said, all of us bursting into laughter.

I chewed on some cake and looked around the dining hall, looking for Four. I hadn't seen him since I exited the simulation room yesterday. Panic tightened its fists around me when I didn't find him. Suddenly, I heard a loud laugh- Frank's- from the table next to ours. I looked over and saw Four joking with him. Four caught my eye and got up. He was coming over.

"Hey, Eleanor," he said, sliding into the seat next to me.
"Nobody invited you," Eric mumbled quietly. I shot him a look.
"Hey, Four. How did it go?," I asked.
"Good, in general," he nodded.
"How do you manage to stay so calm? I was so nervous," I whispered and he chuckled.
"I don't even think about people finding out. Just think about things that make you happy," he answered.

I chewed on my slice of cake and heard a soft thud. I looked over at Four, who had a horrified look on his face. Eric, on the other hand, had a smirk on his face.

"You kicked me, you dick," Four hissed.
"Really? Sorry, didn't realise that," Eric said sarcastically.
"You guys, people are watching," Ruby muttered.
"Well, its not your table," Four snapped at Eric, ignoring Ruby.
"I'm sitting at it," Eric snarled.
"Guys, stop! You shouldn't be fighting!," I shouted, oblivious to the fact that everyone was watching us.
"Fine. Let's go somewhere else," Four said, his voice dripping with venom.
"The Chasm," Eric hissed and they both got up. I looked at Ruby worriedly and we ran after them to the bridge of my nightmares.

Four and Eric were standing on the small bridge, already in their fighting stances. If I didn't stop them now, some bad shit was going to happen. Before I could react, Eric lunged at Four, who stepped back almost gracefully and Eric fell. He climbed onto his back and held him in an arm lock until Eric kicked him, which knocked Four down. Eric started punching him, who kneed Eric in the groin and punched him back. They got back up, fists clenched by their sides. I lunged forward and due to Eric's muscular size, slid between his feet and was in the middle of the fuming boys.

"Stop it!," I shouted, placing my hands on their chests. As I was shorter than them, they could still glare at each other from above my head. Eric pushed my hand away roughly which caused me to lose my footing on the slippery bridge. It had no railing, so I fell forward and managed to hold onto the cold metal.

Shit, my biggest fear was playing itself out.

"Eleanor!," I heard Ruby shout. I wasn't paying attention, my eyes were trained on the Chasm down below. I heard a few voices shouting at other people to help me and people shuffling on the bridge. A pair of hands grabbed my hands and I was pulled up onto the bridge. I looked up and saw Felix shouting at the two boys.

"Hey, you okay?," Sam asked, helping me up. I couldn't answer him; my tongue was tied. He put his hands on my shoulders and steered me off the bridge.
"Get her back to the dorm. She's traumatised, I remembered her hanging from that bridge in her fear sim," he said to Ruby. I watched as Sam walked over to Eric, Four and Felix, exchanging words with the other leader. He led them towards the opposite end of the bridge and I saw Eric's face, pale and terrified.

When they vanished into the dark corridor, I turned to Ruby, who had pulled me into a hug. I cried into her shoulder while she guided me back to the dorm.

"Look, its all okay now. You're fine," she said. We had climbed into my bunk and were lying together.
"What's going to happen to Eric and Four?," I asked quietly.
"Them? I don't know," she said.

A few moments later, my tear stained eyes closed and I was pulled into a nightmare which involved myself hanging from the bridge and Eric and Four fighting, ignoring me while I battled for my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story