Categories > Books > Warriors > Decisions ( Sequel to Secrets)

Nightmares

by divergentmonsterfan 0 reviews

Okay, here we go people. Fingers crossed...

Category: Warriors - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-11 - 245 words - Complete

0Unrated
I'm sitting in the middle of a room, the naked bulb hanging from the ceiling barely illuminating the room. I hear footsteps and turn towards the general direction of the sound. Someone appears from the dark; someone who doesn't seem happy.

"I have to go."
"Where are you going?"
"Away."
"Where?"
"I can't tell you. All you have to know, is that its not your fault that I'm going."
"Don't."
"I have to."
"Okay. I love you."
"I'm sorry. I really am, but I don't love you back."

With that, she disappears into the dark and my heart shatters into a million pieces. My biggest fears have played itself out : fear of losing a loved one and fear of not being loved back by the one person who I gave my heart to. Deep down inside, I hope this is what it is- a nightmare- and I'd wake up with her in my arms. But life isn't what it is. I'll eventually wake up in cold sweat and look out the window in my bedroom, hoping against hope that she's okay in the wild, horrible place our city has turned out to be. I count the stars in the sky and fall back into the nightmare that I love to hate as it is the only time I'm talking to her. Where are you, Eleanor? Wherever you are, do nightmares of me rip you apart every night like the ones of you do to me?
Sign up to rate and review this story