Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 5

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date 11/24/2010*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-20 - 2280 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fate twister Chapter #5- harvest

"Ok, what's this?" I asked Sorran, as I picked up a small black cube with a small rod sticking out one end

"That, my good friend, is the photoigniter."

"What?"

"It's primitively called a spark plug."

"And it goes here?"

"Right- Don. I have to say that you're very interested in this!"

We had been watching the Fleet over Harvest for 11 days. The fleet didn't do anything- occasionally a phantom would go down. It was like they were waiting for something.

There wasn't much to do on the ship, it was empty. Mike still found away to avoid me.

I however found stuff to do. Besides just answering Sorran's questions, he was teaching me about stuff- for a few days we had been working on warthogs. He was teaching me everything about them, and each part.

"So- exhaust manifold, air filter, cam shaft, spark plug." I said as I pointed at the random parts on the floor.

"Very good, what about this?"

"That's the Head light fluid," I joked, but just Sorran looked confused. "It's a joke!"

"Ah… well, that doesn't exist."

Mike came in, "Don Can I talk to you?"

"Well Sorran, I'll be back," I said as I walked with Mike.

He took me to a small room

"Should we really trust him?" He asked

"Sorran? Why not?" I asked.

"Don, we're not the same anymore. You just watch: they'll treat us nice now, but as soon as we tell them all we know- they'll kill us!"

I shook my head. "Mike, what else are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know! I just don't trust him!" Mike announced as he turned and leaned on a wall.

Red lights started flashing around us.

"Mike, what did you do?" I shouted.

"Nothing!"

A small window opened at the other end, out side was Harvest.

We both fell back when the 'room' rocketed from the ship towards harvest.

"DON! What the hell is going on!"

We shot through space, the fleet seemed to be interested in us- they moved around us.

When we started to plunge into Harvest's atmosphere the ride became rough. We flew strait down towards an ocean.

We hit the water. My head slammed into the wall, knocking me unconscious.

[Like a Jail Cell]

I woke up with a splitting headache. The kind that feels like your head is on fire and the fire's inside your skull.

"Shiiiit my head," I groaned as I rolled over on my side

I felt something cold on my face- it was snow. The cold helped at first, but it soon became too cold. I sat up, shivering, and looked around. I was sitting on a beach covered in snow next to a calm deep blue sea. There was about two feet of snow on the ground- there were elite footprints everywhere.

The thing we were in, it looked like an escape pod, had been made into a shelter- there was a fire in front of a door on the side.

I reached up to rub my head, and realized something was wrong. I had no helmet on.

I crawled to the fire and tried to warm up. I fond a blanket. I took my upper armor off and rapped myself with the blanket. I let my mind go blank as I soaked it the heat.

It must have been 20 minutes before I moved. I saw someone. It was Mike.

He had an armful of wood. He set them down, threw a few on the fire, and sat down.

The logs were cut perfectly, but they were charred.

"How did you cut these?" I asked

Mike touched his armor on the right arm and an energy blade came out.

"Oh."

After I warmed up I put the armor back on. I found my helmet- the front was smashed, it was cracked, and there was a blood stain on it.

I sat back down by the fire "I guess I hit my head pretty hard!" I tried to make conversation, but Mike ignored me.

"Mike… what's your Problem!" I asked

"Don, Leave me alone!"

"Don't get pissed at me!" I exclaimed. I couldn't hold it anymore. "I wasn't the one who wanted to speed! I'm not the one with the trust issues!

"You tried to KILL ME!" He yelled back.

"Mike, how many times do I have to say sorry!"

"Just STOP!"

That stopped me cold. I didn't speak again.

[Just a Minor Threat]

We were stirred by gun fire in the distance. Two elites came over the hill guns in their hands. They ran to the shoreline. The one was younger and wearing blue armor- a minor.

Thither was in gold armor- a Zealot maybe.

The zealot pointed at us and ran over. He spoke in a strange tongue of clicks and babbling- I didn't understand him. A Phantom flew overhead quickly. As the Phantom lowered a trio of Warthogs jumped over the hill, they started to shoot at us. The zealot ran for the phantom, leaving us.

I grabbed Mikes arm and tried to get him too move, but he wouldn't budge.

"MIKE! Get your ass on that damn Phantom! This isn't a game!" I yelled ironically, but Mike got on and I followed.

As I went to get in the gravity lift I saw the minor- he was wigging out. I grabbed him and threw him in the gravity lift. I got on after him.

Once inside there were several elites standing at attention, even the Zealot. There was an elite in white-silver armor, he was in Mikes face. He was speaking in the weird tongue- Mike looked confused. The silver elite yelled as he pulled out an energy sword.

I acted fast. I got behind the elite and put him in a sleeper hold. He clawed desperately as he slowly blacked out. Not a moment passed before someone hit me in the face, and darkness clouded my vision.

[Could Never Live the Way They Want]

I woke up slowly. Once my eyes started to open I looked around. I was in shackles, and my clothes were gone. I squirmed a bit trying to break free

A "Turkey on a floating char" came and examined me. It was the BEST time to be naked. He started speaking in yet another new tongue. He looked at me funny, probably because I had a look of confusion on my face.

"I don't understand you!" I informed him, he gave a thoughtful look.

"What is your name?" he asked, finally in a language I knew.

My mind raced as I tried to think of a Sangheili name.

"D`rok Tallaham," I answered, doing my best to sound sincere and hoping he'd buy it.

"Hmm- why do you speak human?" he asked. He spoke again when I remained silent. "How did you get down there?"

"Honestly, I don't remember much before two weeks ago. I speak human because it is simple!" I lied.

"Hmm, you have amnesia!"

"Yes, why am I here? Where is K`an?"

Mike needed a name too, so I chose K'an Retmar. I would have to tell him.

"Your friend is fine," he explained. "He didn't salute Commander R`tas Vadumee. That is mandatory for all who rank under him."

"What are we?" I asked dumbly- where have I hears R'tas before?

"You are both the rank of SpecOps Major.

"Who are you" I asked him.

"I am the Prophet of Restraint. For the last few cycles I have been discussing with the High Prophet of Mercy about what to do with you. - But I think you will be fine."

He left for a moment. He came back with the same silver armor elite. The Elite, probably R'tas, came over and took the shackles off, and handed me some clothes. A red shirt and a pair of 'pants'.

After I put the clothes on, Restraint said to R'tas, "Take D`rok to see the other, commander."

Ratas took me out and through some halls. He stopped me. He got in my face and stared into my eyes.

Deep down, something clicked- this was a challenge!

I stood tall and glared right back. This stand off lasted quite some time, with neither of us backing down.

"It is interesting," He said, breaking the silence, but not the stare. "Such light colored eyes can become so- rock solid."

A few seconds went by.

"What's your name?" he asked quickly.

"D`rok Tallaham." I said, keeping pace

"Rank?"

"SpecOps Major"

"Age?"

"Old enough."

"How long have you been a soldier?"

"Long enough."

"how many kills?"

This was a touchy subject for me.

"Enough to know that I could kill you with my bare hands in at least 35 ways!" I said smoothly.

Ratas curled the skin just above his front row of teeth- I guess elites have an upper lip.

"You, my brother, are intimidating!" he exclaimed, ending the stand off.

"I try to be." I said feeling a rush from the victory.

"Take your shirt off." He told me

"I'd- uh- rather," he pulled me into a small room, no one else was in there.

"Take your shirt off!" he ordered- I did reluctantly.

He looked at my upper body. He kept looking back at my arms. Just for my sake before he asked me, I flexed.

He then he left and came back with a crate with a handle on top.

He seemed to struggle with it as he carried it next to me.

He set it down and stood in front of me

"pick that up!" He told me.

He stepped back and smirked as if this was a joke.

I picked it up with one hand. - His face went to complete shock. It wasn't even hard.

I set it down. R'tas was gaping at me with wide eyes.

"What!" I asked, confused

"That's 800 units!" He exclaimed.

"How much is one?"

He gave me a small black cube. It was just less than one pound.

"If you ever need a team- you can join mine!"

He told me as I put the shirt back on.

He took me to Mike- Mike was down and clothed, Restraint was there. I walked next to Mike

"If anyone asks, your name is K`an Retmar. Trust me." I whispered to him

There was a hologram of the Prophet of Mercy.

"So," he spoke "You two have Amnesia? Interesting." he paused. "What is troubling is that the name Tallaham doesn't show up in our databases. It's as if you never existed… are you loyal to the Great Journey?"

It took me a moment to swallow my pride as a Christian and answer him.

"Yes."

He looked pleased.

"Well, there is a start- Restraint, please be sure to take care of them" with that, he left.

Restraint turned "I will take you to Sangheilios. You will learn what you have forgotten. Once you are ready, you will join the Covenant to resume your duties."

[Don't Wanna Be Just Like You]

We stepped off the platform. We were in a place called 'Varo'. It looked like Earth, kind of like Seattle.

Restraint shuffles us onto a Shadow and took us somewhere.

He stopped and let me off on the beach of a vast ocean- there were four small island sitting above the green tinted sea.

There was a paved road along the shoreline- I wish I had my car.

Restraint turned me to a small two story house- it was clayish red in color. The roof as a dome shape.

"This will be your home," Restraint told me. "Go inside and wait. I must take K`an to his house~ it's just down the road."

I picked up my 'armor bag' and went inside. The house seemed bigger on the inside. It had everything! Kitchen, a 'bar', bedroom.

I washed my face and went out into the living room.

There was a window over looking the ocean. The sun was beginning to set, making the sky several beautiful hues of reds. It was beautiful. I wished Morgan was here. I started to have flashbacks of the two of us together. Flashbacks had happened before- but these hit hard. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

I left her! I left her behind!

That was all I thought as I sat down, crying into my hands.

I don't know how long it was.

"Are you OK?" Someone asked.

It was the young elite I had saved.

"Why do you need to know?" I snapped at him.

He looked at me sympathetically.

"Those are the tears of a broken heart." He paused. "I just came to thank you- for saving me"

I forced my self to stop crying as I stood.

"I've never met a SpecOps before!" he informed me. "What's your name?"

"Do- D`rok Tallaham"

"I'm Sig Valhamee. What are you crying about?" he asked inocently.

I sighed.

'There was a 'female' I knew long ago... she is gone now." I said, pouring my heart out to stranger.

"Oh- maybe its time to - "

"Move on?" I finished his sentence, raising my voice.

Restraint pulled Sig away

"Remembering can be painful, but don't worry D`rok! Pain eventually fades away." He assured me

"So now what?" I asked Restraint

"We will talk tomorrow, but now is the time for rest," he said and they all left.

I went back to my window to continue to watch the sunset. It got more beautiful every minute.

Another tear dripped down my face as I thought about what Sig said. He was right that pain fades… but sometimes it doesn't fade fast enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story