Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 6

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date 12/23/2010*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-20 - 2307 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Worthy of the Covenant?

I woke up, it was a peaceful morning. The only noise was the soft rustling of leaves and the crashing if the waves on the shore. I didn't want to move. This was the first bed that was my size, and it one of the best ive ever slept on.

After lying there thinking for probably an hour, I finally got up and around. I went to the living room and sat down-. It was weird; having everything fit my size. I then thought about our plan- I saw an error: there would be no way to communicate with Hood.

"No hard feelings" I muttered to my self.

As if on queue, a loud buzz rang out sharply. Quickly realizing it was the door bell I got up and went to the door.

"D`rok!" there was a volley of that weird tongue, Sangheilian- it was R`tas.

As I opened the door, even before I said anything, I was almost knocked back from his happiness.

"You are awake! Praise the Forerunners this is good news!"

I took a second

"what can I help you with R`tas?" I asked, my voice was still groggy

He tilted his head

"Please for give me brother, I am not fully awake this morning." I explained, and tried being formal as a sangheili should be.

"it is alright" he said

"are you ready to start this morning?" He asked

I nodded

R`tas then took me to a waiting Spectre, then took me to the Varo Public Data Banks.

We spent all day at the 'library', as I called it, all day. Restraint wasn't there, and R`tas was there teaching me.

He seemed almost annoyed at all the stuff I should know, like the Covenant vow.

I did learn a lot however, we were just finishing up with the Sangheilios laws.

"brother, let us finish for the day." R`tas said.

"I want to take you out to see Varo!" he announced, almost as an order.

It was pretty cool, Varo was almost like, old age china, but everything was modern somehow. He took me around in the Spectre; there were parks to the north, mountains to the east, ocean to the west. Mountains surrounded Varo. R`tas stopped and we went into a restaurant. We ate some kind of pinkish fish.

He took me home after that.

The next morning I was up earlier, I was ready o go before R`tas got there.

Today they took me to the Varo Military Academy to 'brush-up' on my fighting skills, but since I could already beat anyone there we spent most of the day going over weapons. How they worked and what not. They also taught me how to drive a ghost- those things have such- fines when going- any where.

But I was about ready to ask R`tas another question until Restraint came in. He came over to me.

"are you ready for a test D`rok?" he asked

"always" I replied

"very well- come with me" he said as he started out of the door

Restraint took me into a phantom, R`tas came too, and we went over the ocean to an island. We stopped on a floating platform about 700 ft above the island.

I was taken to a room over looking the island.

It was about five miles in diameter. There were hills, cliffs, trees- an entire environment.

Restraint then told me was I was supposed to do, it was kind of like paint ball: everyone would be using weapons with nonlethal rounds. When ever a round hit you- your armor locked up.

I was going to be dropped off on a beach on the opposite side of the island from my target, which was a small pod- it looked like a data core from Halo Reach. It was in a small facility and I needed to get it.

I was going to be up against at least 80 other sangheili.

A brute came in to the room, I readied myself for anything he would do- if I remembered correctly, Brutes were bad.

The brute saluted Restraint, turned to me

"this is the trainee?" he asked amused

"Brakna, D`rok is a SpecOp" R`tas informed Brakna, the Brute.

Brakna brushed passed R`tas and looked at me closely

"are you afraid of failure sangheili?" he asked me

"no"

"surely you must be afraid of something! - tell me." He said even more amused

"let me write it on the wall with your blood, you'll see real quickly how much I am afraid." I replied coldly

The Brute got closer with a face of disgust

Restraint broke us up, and told Brakna to leave. With a chuckling snarl he did.

Restraint left behind him.

The room got quiet

"who was that?" I asked

R`tas sighed

"that was Brakna; he is head of the training on this island. The only reason he is allowed to stay on sangheilios is because he is not allowed to be fighting on alien planets- for, very disturbing reasons. He is under continuous watch."

R`tas looked at the island and continued "in all my life, even since I was a small boy, I have never seen anyone successfully complete this task- I wish you luck." He told me as he picked some armor and handed it to me, it was black colored- the color of a SpecOp.

As I put the armor on he laid something on a table: a plasma rifle.

I took the plasma rifle and he took me into another small room. In that room there were about three casket sized pods on a rail going downward- they were drop pods.

R`tas then got me into on of the pods. He crossed my arms across my chest and before he shut the pod

"stay away from Brakna- he has hade a bloody history with SpecOp sangheili."

I nodded, shook my head, and he closed the pod. I only hade to wait a few seconds before I felt the pod get dropped from the platform.

The pod hit the ground hard, and almost immediately, the front popped off. I got out quickly and looked around.

I was on a beach; a cliff blocked any attempts inland. The cliff seemed to span along the beach for ever, it was too tall and steep to simply climb. I turned back to the pod, there was a SpecOp helmet sticking out in the side. I grabbed it, put it on, and tried to get it to set comfortably. The helmet covered my entire head- it was unlike any thing ive ever worn. I dismissed the thought to just chuck it up the ocean because a small spinning yellow circle appeared somewhere passed the wall of the cliff. It was pointing me in the direction of the facility.

I chose a direction up the beach and started off. After about 20 feet I stopped.

I looked down to see my foot- hoof print. It was so unfamiliar. This was the first time I actually realized that I was completely different now. I know I thought about this prior, but I now realized it. I walked different- talked, breathed- felt. Everything was different now.

I shook my self from my painful realization and started to think tactical. They would probably try to track me, and my prints would give my position away. How could I- the Ocean! The water would hide my steps.

I quickly treaded waist deep into the water and started up the shore line.

I come up on a point where the ocean washed up against the Cliffside. I noticed that there was, very far behind me, there were three elites following me.

I quickly got against the cliff and turned the active camo on. I knew that I could out run them- but rushing makes for a sloppy job- so I waited.

They all walked quickly- almost jogging, to near I was at. They coincidently decided to stop close by- right in front of me.

They stood there talking for several minutes- I couldn't wait any longer. They weren't moving anytime soon. I notice that the one closest to me had a holstered plasma rifle.

When his back was turned I crept up behind him, plasma rifle in hand. I quietly pulled his plasma rifle from its holster. Before he could turn around I kicked him forward. I fired the dual plasma rifles at the other elites, they fell unconscious. The other hadn't even got up before meeting the same thing.

I left them and continued.

I came up on a part of the cliff that was not that steep- I decided to climb it. This was a difficult task. My knees kept getting in the way and I when I finally got to the top I was sweating. I then took a moment to rest.

I then walked in the direction of the facility. I went along a forest that edged along a hilly open area, staying hidden by the trees.

I exited the trees on top of a hill- over looking the facility. I noticed several Elites patrolling around with beam rifles. I heard a noise- to my left was an elite patrolling just out side of the woods; he had a beam rifle too.

I waited till he passed- then snuck up behind, and put knocked him out silently. I lowered his body to the ground and grabbed his to grenades, and his beam rifle.

I scanned the area and facility, 15 patrolling on the outskirts of the facility and four five elite groups rotating around the facility.

I thought quickly- then threw a grenade at thane of the five man groups, it landed at there feet. By the time the grenade went off I had taken down six of the patrolling snipers. After 15 seconds they all were down.

I ran down the hill- which was very awkward, almost painful to do.

Before going inside I picked up a Carbine and carefully entered the building. After going through several rooms with elites- which I had cleared out. I found the Objective, strapped it to my back, and was heading back outside.

Once out side, I watched several Ghosts coming over hill down towards the facility. I couldn't get past on foot now! I took cover behind a pillar.

They stopped and decided to stay around. I chucked a grenade and got three of them. I steeped out and shot three well placed rounds into one's chest armor. I then dodged a wave of shots by rolling behind a rock to my left.

Then using the rock for cover, I pop in and out from behind, taking several shots at a time. The gun ran out and the ammo canister flew out.

a grenade bounces behind the rock I'm at- that gives me the motivation to sprint to the nearest Ghost. I got on and took off- I almost ran over two people as I was trying to get out.

I got over the hill and was happy to see no one following me.

Before I could sigh out in relief I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I managed to turn before he slammed into my Ghost, which turning probably saved my life. The collision propped the belly of the ghost p on the front of Brakna's Brute Chopper.

I looked 'down' at the brute Chopper and saw its two huge serrated tires, clawing hungry at the Ghost.

I soon realized that Brakna wasn't going to stop.

I climbed up onto the brute chopper and saw his face- he was enjoying this

Before I had a hold on something, the chopper jerked to the side. I bounced of the armor and managed to grab the side before falling. As I hung on to the side I watched as the hungry tires caught the Ghost. It explodes as it is ripped viciously apart.

I lifted myself back up on to the Chopper. I heard Brakna roar in anger.

Brakna pulled out a Spiker and shot at me. I was shot in the arm- but fighting the pain- I lunged at him. I hit him several times and got the Spiker- but Brakna lost control and drove over a cliff.

I 'fell' to the ground and the Chopper slammed head first into the ground, and then crashed onto its side. I got up, brushed my self off, found the Spiker and walked over to the Chopper.

Brakna was standing- when he saw me he went to attack me- but I used the Spiker as a club and stuck the blades into his skull three inches, he fell dead on the beach.

I ripped the Spiker from is skull and then watched his blood drip from the blades.

A phantom flew over and dropped R`tas and several other elites. R`tas was the first to get to me.

"so, what was his problem?" I asked R`tas calmly

He was in total disbelief

"that brute is responsible for over 20 unresolved accounts of murdering SpecOp officers" he gasped "I am putting a request for you in my squad! Only the Forerunners can stop that- I think the holy Prophet of Restraint will have no second thoughts on whether or not appealing to the Higherachs to let you back into the covenant ranks." He paused

"you'll probably even be able to keep the Spiker as a trophy."

The rest of the day was calm- they had a celebration for me- something like I was the first to complete the training exercise in '50 cycles'. It was cool I got to drink alcohol- first time in about 3 years.- after that I went home and slept-

I hoped Mike had made it as well
Sign up to rate and review this story