Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 29

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-05-05 - 6351 words - Complete

1Exciting
Everything was dark, or so that was all he could see or make out at the moment; the pain in his head was enough to make him beg for death this very moment. He tried to open his eyes, but the agony he was in forced them closed again and any tiny movement he made forced a painful gasp from his mouth. A thick dried up layer of blood that covered his face made it even harder to tear his eyes open, but he fought through all of it and managed to take in the room he was in. The room smelled of death and it was dark and dirty with a cold stone floor and walls around them. Draco saw a body next to him, he soon made it out to be Harry who seemed to be unconscious and bound with chains and shackles. He went to move and realized he was also in the same position; immediately regretting moving at all when the pain ran through his entire body. He knew his ribs were more than likely broken and he didn't even know what kind of injury his head endured; all he knew was there seemed to be an on and off ringing in his ears and his vision was blurred.

He tried to call out to Harry, but he could barely move his mouth; he knew he was in rough shape and from the looks of it Harry was too. He heard a door open across the room and he tried to focus on the figure approaching him; even with his blurry vision, there was no mistaking the platinum hair that came into view. Draco felt his breath catch in his throat and his heart start to race.

"Draco....... my........son" Lucius drawled; each word covered in malice. "I had quite an interesting experience digging through your memories........ so a farmhouse huh?" He flashed Draco an evil grin.

Draco felt his heart sink, all he could think about was Ginny.

"And the Weasley girl? I must say Draco....... I am disappointed...... and to get the poor girl pregnant..... well, I can't simply let the offsprings of two blood traitors walk around with the Malfoy name; that just simply won't do."

Draco felt his anger rising; the thought of his Father causing harm to any of them was enough to make him plunge a knife through his heart. He foolishly attempted to pull his arms from the shackles and immediately screamed out in pain, hearing his Father laughing at him.

"Angry are you? Trying to conjure up some of those special powers are you now? If I remember correctly from what I've managed to pull from your memories...... your nothing without the Weasley girl to jump start that mind of yours." Lucius said with a maniacal laugh. "Too bad, really...... such a waste of power; we could have been unstoppable, but........ you and your Mother decided to be on the losing side of things."

"I'm...... g.....going t... to-"

"Going to what? Kill me?" Lucius laughed. "God this is priceless, no Draco...... I'm going to kill you and after that I'm going after that little family you disgustingly created."

The door across the room opened again and Draco could make out another figure approaching him.

"Ah, Draco I'm sure you remember meeting Warren's brother...... you know the one your little girlfriend killed." Lucius said, gesturing to the man beside him.

Lucius turned to leave, then stopped in the doorway. "Torture them until they beg for death; then I'll be back to gladly fulfill that request. Do what you wish to them, but NO Cruciatus curse....... we don't want to spark up any of those nifty powers. " He said with nothing but disgust and hate covering every word.

Draco watched his Father leave the room and before he could snap his eyes back to Warren he felt something hard hit him and everything went black again.

_________________________________________________________________

"Shh..... shh, it's ok, I'm coming I'm coming. George, a hand please!" Ginny snapped picking up a screaming Ember from her bassinet.

"No, problem Gin, besides, I have a very special touch when it comes to babies." he said with a smug look as he picked up an equally upset Scorpius from his own bassinet. "Ugh, I think the reason behind his cries lies in his diaper." he said, making a nasty face and holding the baby away from him.

"GEORGE, REALLY? HERE, TAKE EMBER THEN AND I'LL CHANGE HIM." she rolled her eyes and gently traded babies with George. "So much for that magic touch." she mumbled.

"Where's Mom for this stuff?" he said, putting the bottle into Ember's mouth.

"She's out in the garden and besides its not her responsibility to help me with them." She said, eyeing the bottle in his hands. "You need to lift it up higher she's not getting anything." she said loudly over a screaming Scorpius.

"Well, it's not mine either." he said suddenly.

"WELL I'M SORRY GEORGE BUT THEIR FATHER IS DEAD, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD SUCK IT UP AND GIVE ME A DAMN HAND THIS ONCE?" she yelled with anger as tears filled her eyes. "AND YOUR HOLDING IT TO HIGH NOW!" she yelled at him, gesturing to the bottle.

They both sat there in silence for a few moments just listening to Scorpius' cries start to settle down as Ginny put a fresh diaper on him. She placed him back in his bassinet and he started fussing again, but not as loud.

"Here I'll finish feeding her before he starts up again." she said, taking Ember from him.

George had a guilty look on his face, he wasn't sure how he could be so inconsiderate of his sister's feelings right now. It had only been two days since she found out Draco and Harry were dead and after hearing Kingsley say he wouldn't allow them to go after them, it was like finding out he was dead all over again.

"Gin, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me...... I guess a crying baby does drive you nuts." he said, quietly looking ashamed of his outburst.

"It's fine George, just drop it, I got it now." she said in a dismissive tone.

He just nodded and walked away.

Ginny sat down on the living room couch and brought her foot up to rock Scorpius' bassinet as she fed Ember. She felt some relief after a while when Ember's eyes started to droop and she heard Scorpius get quiet as well, but as soon as she gently took her foot off the cradle to stop it from rocking to try and put Ember down Scorpius started crying again. Ember's tiny body jolted awake from her brothers cries and soon she was wailing herself, causing Ginny to continue rocking the bassinet with her foot and continue feeding Ember. She tried this for a few moments, but the crying just continued and soon she felt herself fall into a fit of sobs. She loved her son and daughter to death, but doing this without Draco was killing her and she was slowly falling apart; no matter how hard she tried.

"Ginny?"

She heard her name and lifted her tear stained face to see her Father looking at her with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Dad, I'll get them to quiet down just give me a few moments." she said, shushing Ember and rocking Scorpius' bassinet while wiping her cheek off on her shoulder.

"Nonsense Gin-bug, the crying doesn't bother me, are you forgetting about the seven children your Mother and I raised; two of which are also twins." he laughed, walking over and picking Scorpius up from his bassinet.

Scorpius immediately started quieting down and soon after so did Ember.

"Thanks, Dad, " she sighed.

"Oh please, what are grandpa's for?" he said in a baby voice; stroking Scorpius' cheek.

"So how's Ron feeling today?" she asked, placing a sleeping Ember in her bassinet.

Mr. Weasley just looked at her with a sad smile and shook his head. She nodded and then sat back down; running her fingers through her messy hair.

"He and Hermione want to go back for them." Arthur spoke suddenly.

Ginny's head snapped up, "What?"

"Kingsley is trying to talk them out of it." he said, placing a now sleeping Scorpius down in the cradle beside his sister's.

"Oh" was all Ginny said and lowered her head again.

Arthur sat down beside his daughter and put his arm around her; they sat there for a while in silence.

"Do you think they are still alive?"Mr. Weasley asked suddenly.

Ginny let the question sink in for a moment and then her tears fell. "No, but I feel horrible for giving up on them like that...... I miss him so much Dad." she cried, burying her face into his chest. "I don't know if I can live without him...... it's too hard to wake up every day knowing I will never see him again." she sobbed.

"I know Gin...... I know." he said, gently rubbing her back as her small frame shook with emotion. "That's why I'm going back with the others...... regardless of Kingsley's orders."

"What?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Ginny, I can't just accept that they are most likely dead, I need to be sure. I know they most likely are, but I just need to be positive and I will gladly die just to try and find out." he said firmly.

"Dad.... you heard Kingsley..... you're going to get yourself killed." Ginny said with anger in her voice.

"Don't you want confirmation Ginny?"

"YES! BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR LIFE OR RON AND HERMIONE'S, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE MORE THAN LIKELY ALREADY DEAD!" she yelled, causing both babies to wake up in a fit of cries.

"What's going on in here?" came Mrs. Weasley's voice walking in from the back porch.

"Nothing Molly, we were just talking." Arthur said, picking up Scorpius again and started rocking him.

Mrs. Weasley could tell Ginny was upset and gently took Ember from the bassinet. "Go wash your face, dear, Dad and I have these two for now..... go on." she said to her daughter with a bright smile.

Ginny gave her Mother an apologetic look and then turned to her Father and gently shook her head before storming upstairs and into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror like she so often did these days; her eyes were black just like they have been since she heard the news about Draco. She was so angry all the time now; she tried to control her anger, but she just felt like she would explode with emotions. She grabbed at her hair and sank to the cold floor and clenched her teeth together to keep herself from screaming out........ she just couldn't do this anymore...... it hurt to much to be without him.

_________________________________________________

She wiped away a tear that slipped down her face as she looked at the sparkling diamond before her; tracing the ring lightly with her fingers and letting out a shaky breath. She couldn't believe her son was dead; she wasn't really sure what she had left in this world to live for now. She thought of her grandchildren downstairs and a smile crossed her face; she hadn't held either of them yet, but she could tell they had a lot of Draco's features which melted her heart every time she saw Ember's silver eyes or Scorpius' blonde hair.

"Narcissa?" came Molly's voice. "You need to stop staring at that ring; what if Ginny was to walk in and see that." Molly said, walking over to the blonde woman and sitting down beside her.

"I'm sorry Molly, I just keep thinking of the how much he missed out on. You don't think Ginny should know about this?" she said, gesturing to the diamond ring in her hand.

Molly let out a sigh. "One day, yes........ but not now, if she knew Draco was going to propose to her, she would be devastated all over again, lets just leave it be for now." she said giving Narcissa a smile.

Narcissa gave her a small nod and snapped the small box closed and placed it in her top drawer.

_____________________________________________________

All he heard was strained breathing beside him; a gasp every so often would escape from the young man beside him slipping in and out of consciousness. Harry knew it was just a matter of time before Warren came back to push them to the very edge of death and he tried with everything in him to push all pain aside and run on pure adrenaline. He wasn't sure how they were getting out of this mess, but he knew he would die trying and he finally was able to turn his head enough to take in Draco's condition.

He had to do a double take to even make out it was Draco beside him; his once blonde hair was unrecognizable as dried up blood covered every inch of it. His body hung limp from the chains that bounded him and blood dripped from his wounds causing a small puddle beneath him. His face and clothes were also covered in blood; Harry took a glance over himself and realized he didn't look too much different than the Slytherin, but Draco's head wound is what concerned Harry the most.

"Dr...Draco" he tried to call to him, but his throat burned from him trying to speak.

He was surprised when Draco slowly turned his head towards him and gave him an unreadable expression; Harry almost wanted to take it as a sneer, but he didn't make much of it.

"Draco......we need to try and.....d....do something here." Harry managed to choke out.

"Wh.....where is here? Why are y...... you h....here?" he winced and tightly shut his eyes as the pain ran through his body.

"What? Draco, listen to me....... they know where Ginny and the others are."

"Shut up...... Potter," he barely whispered before hanging his head again and closing his eyes.

"Draco, wake up, you need to focus before-"

"ALRIGHT GENTLEMEN.......LOOKS LIKE ALL THIS FUN WILL BE COMING TO AN END SOON; I HAVE TO SAY I'M RATHER GONNA MISS BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF YOU TWO." Warren shouted as he walked into the room; pulling out a knife from his belt.

He walked over to Draco and grabbed his hair tightly and pulled his head up to look at him causing Draco to scream out in pain.

"Now you see this knife? I'm going to slowly slide this into you until you decide you want this all to stop......I will say though.....you two stuck it out longer than I ever imagined you would." Warren laughed. "But that's about to change." he said, plunging the Knife deep into Draco shoulder.

Draco's screams cut through Harry like the knife that caused them; he had endured some pretty harsh blows himself, but it was Draco that Lucius wanted to pay for his betrayal. He watched Warren pull the knife out of Draco's shoulder and drag it down to his stomach; getting ready for another entry wound.

"Still not breaking eh? That's alright......... there's plenty of more." he said, pushing the tip of the knife a little at a time into Draco's side.

Harry's mind frantically raced for something to say to make him stop; something to buy them some time until he came up with a plan. He was hoping Draco would tap into his powers, but for some reason Draco wasn't tapping into that part of his mind.

"After your both dead, we're gonna make a special trip to that farmhouse your little girlfriend is at and I'm gonna finish the job my brother couldn't." he grinned maliciously, pushing the dagger further into him.

Draco screamed out again throwing his head back in pain; blood filling his mouth. Warren went to go plunge the Dagger in deeper when his hand received an electrical shock causing him to jump back.

"AH, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" he screamed in pain looking at the light smoke coming off of his hand.

He looked at Draco; Lucius warned him about his powers, but was pretty certain they wouldn't come about. Warren gave a quick whistle to the other Death Eaters guarding the door and signaled for them to get the others.

"Trying to fight back are you...... well, we'll see about that." Warren said, pulling out his wand and getting ready to throw a spell at Draco.

Before he could mutter a sound his wand was shocked out of his hand and then he was suddenly hit with an electrical bolt that sent him flying backwards against the wall. Draco turned his head and stared at Harry wide eyed as he watched electrical shocks surge through the raven haired boy beside him who was breathing heavy. Harry couldn't even look at Draco; he just glanced at him with clenched teeth as the door to the room flew open and at least 20 Death Eaters piled in; all with their wands drawn.

"I'm sorry about this Draco" Harry breathed out and then placed both hands on the floor of the room and sent out an electrical shock that ran over to Draco's feet and surged through his body causing him to grit his teeth tightly and his body to shake violently.

Draco felt the tingling sensation run throughout his body and move its way up towards his face; stimulating every part of his mind, causing his head to start pounding and then like a light switch his eyes iced over. The chains binding him and Harry quickly covered with ice and Harry jolted them with a powerful electrical shock, making them crumble to the floor. Once Draco turned over the rest of the scene went by in a blur; Draco's powers moved the fastest Harry had ever seen before as icy shards flew across the room piercing the chests of the advancing Death Eaters. Harry saw every Death Eater in the room drop to the floor except for Warren; who was backed in a corner with his wand drawn.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" he yelled, throwing the curse at Draco.

Draco just let the spell bounce off the icy shield that he effortlessly threw up to block it and then he soon had his hand around Warren's throat. Harry wasn't even sure how Draco was standing at this point; he knew his body was strictly working off of adrenaline and by the deadly look in his eyes he couldn't help wonder if he pushed the Slytherin too far.

Draco let ice cover Warren's neck until he was gasping for air; his face was turning red and soon a slight purplish blue and then Draco crushed his throat as it shattered into a million pieces of ice to the floor. He then turned around and went after Harry, who was already willing and waiting to defend himself.

"Draco, it's me, we need to get out of here." Harry tried to reason with him.

Draco just had a blank look on his face, he was completely in defense mode and Harry had no choice but to send an electrical volt through Draco that brought him to his knees in pain. He ran over to him and saw his eyes turn back to normal and then he fell unconscious.

"DRACO! DRACO GET UP!" Harry yelled, shaking his limp body.

He grabbed Warren's wand and heaved Draco's body over his shoulders; pushing aside every protest his body seemed to scream out for him to just stop and give up. He needed to make it to the edge of the wards to apparate back to the farmhouse. He made his way out of the room and squinted his eyes to try and make out which way to go; he winced at the pain that ran through him with every step he took. He could hear more Death Eaters quickly approaching and he made his way to a nearby window and blew it open with a simple spell.

"Draco I could really use your damn help right now." he mumbled, attempting to climb through it with the weight of Draco's body on him.

He soon realized the window led out to a rocky slope and as gentle as he could, he pushed Draco's body through the window and then hopped through after. He grabbed Draco's body again and cautiously made his way down the jagged hill. He slipped a few times, causing them both to obtain some nasty gashes, but he pushed all of it aside and just kept going. He thought at one point when he finally got to the bottom that he would just give in and let this be the end, but he felt the small stone in Draco's pocket heating up and he found a new wave of adrenaline that forced him to keep going.

He moved as fast as his body would allow him; he wasn't even sure if Draco was alive at this point, but he just kept going......he had to. He was at the edge of the wards and saw a crowd of Death Eaters making their way to him and with one last look at the place that claimed Seamus' life he walked through and waved Warren's wand leaving nothing but the sound of a loud pop behind.

__________________________________________________________

"Arthur, you do realize this is a suicide mission? If I allow half of the rest of the Order members to march up into that Death Eater camp and you all die....... then what does that do for the rest of us? Lucius will surely take out every last one of us." Kingsley said in a firm tone.

"Kingsley..... I understand and I have stood by your side through all these years, my whole family has, but I need to do what I think is best in the end. I hope you can understand that." Arthur said with an equally firm voice.

Kingsley just let out a frustrated sigh and shook his head. "Arthur I have tremendous respect for you and your family and you all have been the most loyal to the Order, but please I'm begging you....... reconsider your decision to go back."

Ginny could hear the arguing going back and forth from her bedroom as she finished feeding Ember her bottle. She would be going with them if it weren't for Scorpius and Ember; she could never leave these two behind....... as much as she loved Draco she needed to put these two little ones first now. She didn't think she could love anyone as much as she did Draco, but holding her children in her arms these past couple of days made her feel like a piece of Draco was right there with her. Every time Ember opened her little eyes a bit and Ginny got a glimpse of those silver orbs that stared back at her, it just melted her heart. Scorpius had Ginny's eyes, but his bright blonde hair had Ginny constantly running her fingertips through the tiny patch on his little head and would even smell it.

She gently placed Ember's sleeping body in her crib and made her way downstairs to where the arguing continued. It was late now and the argument had been going on for almost an hour and Ginny was quite annoyed. She was so angry with Kingsley, especially after he assured her Draco would make it back to her safely. She knew she shouldn't blame him, but because she was so angry she did and often found herself wanting to give him a good punch.

"Here you go, dear." Mrs. Weasley said, sliding a cup of tea to Ginny as she took a seat at the table.

Ginny took the mug gratefully and quietly sipped on it as the discussion went on; she saw Luna make her way to the back porch which was where she had spent most of her time since she heard the news about Harry and Draco. Ginny kept reminding herself that she wasn't the only one suffering from the loss, but she couldn't help being consumed by her own thoughts and feelings to care what anyone else was going through.

"I CAN'T LISTEN TO ANYMORE OF THIS......WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO.....HAVEN'T YOU ASKED ENOUGH OF US ALREADY?" Ginny yelled at Kingsley with pure hate in her eyes.

Kingsley let out a sad sigh. "You're right Miss Weasley and that is why I am begging you Arthur to please not go to that camp." he said turning back to Mr. Weasley.

"GUYS SOMEONE IS COMING!" Luna yelled suddenly from the back door.

They all looked at her wide eyed and Kingsley ran to the door and looked out into the open field. He couldn't make out if it was a Death Eater through the darkness of the night and quickly retrieved his wand from his robe pockets.

"Minerva, get everyone inside and make sure they have their wands." Kingsley demanded.

McGonagall gestured for them all to get inside and Ginny quickly raced up to her room and snatched her wand off the nightstand. She took a quick glance at Ember and Scorpius to make sure they were still asleep and then locked the door to the room and closed it behind her. She raced downstairs and watched from the kitchen window as Kingsley, Arthur, Bill and Charlie made their way towards the dark figure.

"STOP WHERE YOU ARE! NOT ANOTHER STEP!" Kingsley yelled out trying to get closer to make out who was there.

The figure was carrying another person slung over their shoulders and stopped where they were; standing there on wobbly legs. Bill whispered a quick Lumos charm and stepped closer; finally making out the words the person was trying to croak out.

"H......help"

Bill got closer and when he realized the two men were hurt, he ran to their side and he suddenly stopped and jumped back in shock.

"Harry?"

"Draco.....he needs......help"

"IT'S HARRY AND DRACO!" Bill screamed at the top of his lungs to the others.

Mrs. Weasley ran to the back door and threw it open to make out what was being yelled and once the words hit her ears, she broke out into tears and turned to her daughter and Luna.

"What is it Mom?" Ginny asked with tears in her eyes.

"It's Harry and Draco" she whispered to them.

Luna ran out the back door as fast as she could at the mention of Harry's name, but Ginny.......... it wasn't registering for her..... It couldn't be Draco, he was dead. Mrs. Weasley ran to her side as she fell to the floor in a state of shock and gently grabbed her face.

"Mom?" Ginny said, as her body trembled, afraid that it was a horrible joke.

"Ginny...... it's Draco........ he's alive." Mrs. Weasley whispered to her.

Ginny stared deep into her Mother's eyes, and realized it was true; she then quickly pulled herself up from the floor and ran out the back door.

Luna ran as fast as she could, she saw someone ahead, but she needed to see him to believe it was true. She stopped a few feet away from where everyone was crowded around them and she couldn't even make either of them out. Harry was missing his glasses and his face was covered in dirt and blood; his cheek and eye swollen and his clothes ripped. Her body shook violently as she watched him place Draco's limp body on the ground and he dragged himself towards her.

Once Harry saw Luna's face, he knew he had to hold her; he didn't care at this moment of the reasons they broke up, he just knew it was the biggest mistake he had made and he wanted her in his arms right now. He noticed she stopped walking towards him and stood crying hysterical with her hand over her mouth and soon he was before her and didn't think twice about wrapping the blonde girl tightly in his arms. He fell to his knees along with her and just took in everything about her in this moment; his emotions bursting out of him as he cried to the woman he loved and almost never saw again.

Ginny's legs pounded against the ground as she flew through the grassy field towards everyone; only glancing Harry's way as she arrived before Draco's body laying unconscious in the grass. She pushed her way through to be by his side and when she finally managed to squeeze through she gasped in shock at the sight before her. He was almost unrecognizable; the amount of blood made Ginny's stomach turn and a scream escaped her mouth as she threw herself over him. She felt her Father pull her off and Bill and Charlie hoisted Draco's body up and quickly dragged him to the house.

Ginny just watched as they retreated to the house; her legs didn't seem to be working and she could only hear her racing heartbeat in her ears. She felt her Father scoop her up and she soon came back to reality when she heard McGonagall call out to Madame Pomfrey. Ginny scrambled out of Father's arms and ran over to the side of the couch where they laid Draco down; he looked 10 times worse in the light. Madame Pomfrey told her to get back as she worked on his wounds and Mrs. Weasley had immediately taken to Harry's who was sitting at the kitchen table.

"I need to go wake Ron" Hermione said suddenly.

"NO! Let's wait for that dear, let him sleep for now." Mrs. Weasley said firmly as she started dabbing a wet cloth on Harry's face.

Hermione gave an understanding nod and stayed to help Mrs. Weasley with Harry's injuries.

"Kingsley, you need to put wards up, there is no way I can heal any of these types of wounds without magic; if I can't use any magic to heal some of these he will die." Madame Pomfrey explained pulling out a blood replenishing potion from her medical bag.

Kingsley and McGonagall exchanged a look as if they had to think it over for a moment.

"Y...you have t...to put them....up." Harry choked out. "Lucius knows..... where we are.... he looked through Draco's memories."

That was all they needed to hear to confirm their decision and Kingsley and McGonagall went outside to put up the wards.

Madame Pomfrey kept pulling Ginny out of the way so she could work on Draco, but Ginny wanted to be there for him and try and help in any way she can although she knew her hysterical tears weren't much of a help. She suddenly felt someone's hand wrap around her arm and pull her back away again so Madame Pomfrey had room to work on Draco. She whipped her head around to see it was Narcissa and she looked up at the blonde woman and she just buried her head in her chest and they both cried.

"He's going to be ok Ginny...... he has to be." she whispered in her ear.

"Mr. Malfoy, can you hear me?" Madame Pomfrey asked him as his eyes slightly cracked open for a moment.

Ginny caught sight of those mercury eyes as his head turned to the side and then they were closed again. Her lips trembled with emotion and her grip on Narcissa's arms tightened as the pain of seeing him near death ran through her.

"You need to drink this potion Mr. Malfoy, it will help you." Madame Pomfrey said, trying to pry his mouth open with the tip of the vile.

He didn't seem to understand what was happening so she poured the potion down his throat and covered his mouth with her hand so he wouldn't spit it out. Madame Pomfrey then turned her attention to the open wound in his side and his shoulder. She barely touched it when he screamed out in pain and pushed her hand away.

"Can't you put him to sleep or something while you do that?" Narcissa cried.

"I don't have any potion on me for that I'm afraid." she said, pointing her wand at the wound and muttering a healing spell over and over.

Ginny could tell Draco was fighting to stay conscious and he was wincing in pain as Madame Pomfrey kept repeating the spell.

"Miss Weasley come put pressure on his shoulder wound while I work on this other one here."

Ginny jumped into action, she was more than happy to be of help since she felt so helpless right now. She leaned over Draco and firmly pressed down on his wound causing his eyes to snap open and meet hers. He grabbed her arm roughly and dug his nails hard into her skin and then she felt a familiar coolness start to reach her fingertips and she tried pulling her hand away.

"DRACO, IT'S ME...... GINNY!" she yelled.

The hate and trademark sneer that covered his face made Ginny go into a state of panic and she quickly reached her other hand over to the one holding her firmly and lightly sent a burning sensation through him. He immediately yelled out in pain and let go of her arm and then suddenly sat up roughly pushing her so hard backwards that she would've fallen to the floor if Bill hadn't caught her.

"GET OFF OF ME!" he screamed.

"Mr. Malfoy, we are trying to help you..... do you know where you are?" Madame Pomfrey asked him, gently trying to push him to lay back down.

His eyes fell on his Mother who was standing in the corner watching the whole scene; her eyes filled with tears.

"Mother...... what..." his eyes suddenly rolled to the back of his head and he fell backwards unconscious.

"Miss Weasley, why don't you go wait in the kitchen while I get Draco stabilized." Madame Pomfrey said gently.

Ginny gave a tearful nod and let Bill lead her to the kitchen table where she took a seat across from Harry. She locked eyes with his as Mrs. Weasley did a stitching charm on his cuts.

"Harry..... what happened?" she asked in a shaky voice.

He let out a sigh and looked at the shocked and scared expression covering the redhead's face. "We should be dead...... I don't even know how Draco is still alive after everything we went through..... him more so than me...... Lucius wanted to make sure of that." he continued to keep his eyes locked with hers the entire time. "After they went through Draco's memories he became.... I don't know exactly...delirious maybe? Could be from his head wound, he....." he looked down at the table. "All I know is when we finally escaped and took down some Death Eaters he would have killed me too..... -"

"How did you guys escape?" Hermione asked suddenly.

Harry looked at Luna and then shook his head. "I don't know, it kind of went by in a blur.... I think it was Draco's powers that did the trick..... can we talk about this more tomorrow?"

"Of course Harry, Luna why don't you help Harry get cleaned up and changed." Mrs. Weasley said, finishing her last healing charms and Hermione tying the last bandage around his arm.

Harry spared a quick glance at Ginny once more before he ascended the staircase; he knew she could see through his explanation, but she wouldn't push it........ now at the moment anyway.

________________________________________________________________

It was about an hour later when Ginny had returned back downstairs from checking on the twins when Madame Pomfrey said Draco was in a more stable condition and she could sit with him if she'd like. She sat beside him on the couch watching him sleep; she couldn't believe he was alive and laying right before her. She couldn't stop the constant tears that poured from her eyes; she was happy of course, but also she felt horrible for giving up on him and Harry and believing they were dead. She hesitantly picked up his hand and she gently pressed her lips to it.

"I can't believe you're here with me...... I...I thought you were dead." she cried to him.

She just watched his chest rise up and down as he lay there unaware she was beside him. She wanted so badly to look deep into his steel gray eyes so she could get lost in them and feel his love again. She brought her lips gently to his forehead and kissed him lightly; she gave a small jump when she pulled back and saw him staring at her.

"Draco?"

He looked exhausted, his eyes were barely opened and he moved his mouth to try to speak, but no words seemed to come out.

"Do you want me to get Madame Pomfrey?" she said, gently rubbing his hand.

"W......Weasley?" he said in an almost inaudible voice.

"Yes, it's me Ginny." she said with a small smile, glad to see he recognized who she was.

Her smile grew a bit when she saw him slowly lift his hand and place it over the one rubbing his other hand, but her smile faded when he moved her hand away from his other one.

"D.....don't touch....m....me you blood traitor." he said in a low voice with a slight sneer which Ginny knew would have been more hatefully executed if he had the strength.

Her lips trembled by the way he responded to her touch and what he said to her; she knew he had been through a lot and that he was probably delirious from everything, but the words still hurt her. All she wanted was to feel his lips on hers and his arms around her again. She watched him fall unconscious again and she just sat there hanging her head and let the tears flow freely down her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story