Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 30

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-05-08 - 6460 words - Complete

0Unrated
He laid in bed awake for what seemed like an hour with the morning sun hitting his face and just thinking of the two men he left behind. He knew Draco was trying to save his life and that he actually did, but not turning back around to go after them was a huge regret he had. He kept seeing Seamus be killed over and over in his mind and then the look on Ginny's face when she learned about Draco and Harry just ripped apart his heart. He rubbed his eyes before any tears threatened to fall and threw the blankets off of himself and swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Oh good your up." came Hermione's voice from the doorway.

"Why good? Did Kingsley finally give us the go ahead?" Ron asked, snapping his head up and looking at her with hopeful eyes.

Hermione just smiled and sat beside him on the bed.

"What is it?" Ron asked with a small smile growing on his face; he couldn't help how seeing Hermione smile made him do the same.

"I need to tell you something." she said, taking his hand in hers.

He looked at her and his smile faded and he became more serious. "What's going on Hermione?"

"It's Harry and Draco.......... they're back...... and they're alive." she said cautiously, studying her husband's facial expression as the news hit him.

"What?" he whispered in disbelief, getting up abruptly from the bed and looking at her like she had three heads.

"They're downstairs, but Draco is still knocked out from his-

Ron cut her off by running out of the bedroom and flew down the steps two at a time to the kitchen area. He stopped short when he saw the raven haired boy laughing at the table with Luna over breakfast and then look up at his best mate's sudden appearance.

"Harry...Y.......You're alive....you're..... I.....I-" Ron couldn't get the words out; his emotions were making it impossible to form any words at all right now.

His breathing became heavy and Harry got up and approached his best friend with a bright smile.

"Hey..... it's ok..... don't-"

"I left you's.......I-"

"Noooo..... you didn't leave us, Draco did what he had to do, you would've been killed." Harry tried to make him see this.

Ron just kept shaking his head; he felt so guilty for not going back for them and he then grabbed Harry into a hug and just kept apologizing over and over. Mrs. Weasley stood and watched the scene with tearful eyes and then fixed Ron a plate of breakfast. Harry filled Ron in on the details of Draco's condition and how they made it out alive; Ron for the first time was more into Harry's story than the food in front of his face. Ron turned his attention towards Ginny, who was making her way over to the fridge to grab a baby bottle and started to warm it up.

"Gin...... can you believe they're alive?" he said with a giant smile.

Ginny just looked at her brother with a small smile and then glanced over to the living room couch where she saw an unconscious Draco getting his bandages changed by Madame Pomfrey.

"Yeah," she said softly, turning her attention back to the bottle she was heating up.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

Ginny let out a long sigh and sat at the table. "I don't know, Draco just seems..... different."

"Well, sweety he is fighting to stay conscious right now, he sustained a pretty harsh head injury. I'm sure it's normal for him to be a little out of sorts." Mrs. Weasley reassured her.

"I know..... I just can't wait for him to wake up and be able to see our children." she sighed, getting back up and heading upstairs with the baby bottle.

_______________________________________________________

Later that night, Ginny was enjoying some much needed sleep when she heard the beginning of Scorpius' cries reach her ears and caused her eyes to snap open. She let out a long sigh and threw the blankets off of her and turned the lamp on taking a glance at the clock and seeing it read 1am.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." she said softly, making her way over to his crib.

An instant smile came to her face as she looked down at her son and she gently picked him up and brought him over to the changing table. She changed his very full diaper and studied his tiny little body for a few moments before placing him back down into the crib.

"Mommy will be right back with your bottle...... now don't go waking your sister up." she whispered to Scorpius with a loving smile.

She quietly made her way downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle out of the fridge; sparing a quick glance at Draco's still unconscious form on the couch in the living room. He looked like he was fighting to try and wake up, but Ginny couldn't tell, she just knew he was in an uneasy sleep. After a few moments of heating the bottle up, she went to make her way back upstairs and stopped to test the temperature really quick. She made her usual glance over to where Draco was again and then went to start climbing the stairs when she paused abruptly. She took a step backwards and looked over to where Draco was lying, well, rather, where he had been lying; he wasn't on the couch suddenly and she placed the bottle down and walked into the living room.

"Draco?"

She heard the floor behind her creak and she whipped her head around to see if it was Draco, and when she did, she felt something hard hit her face and she fell to the floor from the hard blow. She soon looked up and realized it was the back of Draco's hand that hit her and her eyes grew wide as he advanced on her again. She was so shocked at what was happening that she didn't react fast enough and before she knew it by the time she got to her feet, he had his hands around her throat and she was pinned against the wall; her feet barely touching the floor.

The only thing that kept flashing through Draco's mind was being in that dark room and remembering being helplessly bound so that he was defenseless. All he saw Ginny as at the moment was a dark figure that he took as a Death Eater and his mind told him to eliminate any threat around him.

"DRACO STOP IT! DR......DR.....DRACO" she tried choking the words out as loud as she could; her nails digging hard into his skin as he so roughly held her there.

"YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!" he screamed loudly in her face with such rage that it made Ginny's body tremble in fear.

Ginny tried shaking her head no, but his grip was deadly. She saw his eyes turn to that icy color and knew she was as good as dead if she didn't do something. She wanted her own mind to turn over, but the fear and hurt inside of her at the moment was taking over instead. She suddenly heard Scorpius' cries from upstairs and both her a Draco turned their heads towards the noise. She took her chance as Draco's head turned and pushed him roughly back with a fiery blast. She quickly caught her breath and yelled out for help as she made a sprint for the back door as Draco came running after her. She reached the back porch steps and went to run down them when she felt an icy blast behind her sending her flying down the stairs and hard onto the grassy ground.

"DRACO STOP IT! IT'S ME GINNY! NOBODY HERE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU! PLEASE!" she cried as he came at her like a wild animal.

The words had no impact on him; he knew he couldn't trust anyone in this world.

"YOUR LYING!"he screamed, sending out icy restraints that pinned her to the ground.

He pulled out a kitchen knife that he must have grabbed at some point and went to stab her with it when he was hit with an electrical blast. Ginny watched Draco's body violently shake as an electrical shock ran through his body and then soon fell unconscious once again right on top of her. She felt the icy restraints around her fade away and she gently pushed Draco off of her and sat up to see Harry standing before her with everyone else who witnessed the same thing she just did. Harry just looked at everyone staring at him and he quickly retreated into the house, ignoring the shocked expressions being thrown at him.

"GINNY! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Mrs. Weasley yelled, running to her side.

Ginny just nodded and then turned to Draco beside her, what was wrong with him? She just wanted the man she loved back. She gently stroked his face and ran her fingers through his platinum blonde hair, smiling to herself and then fell into a fit of sobs against his chest.

_______________________________________________________

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING TO US?" Hermione yelled angrily.

"I DON'T KNOW OK, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW FOR SURE AND WHEN IT HAPPENED THERE WAS ENOUGH GOING ON AROUND HERE" Harry shouted back.

"Is that what happened to Luna's arm?" Ginny asked suddenly.

Harry and Luna exchanged a look and they both nodded.

"It was the night all the lights went out." Harry mumbled.

"Mr. Potter, something that serious needs to be out in the open; you can't keep things like that from the Order and especially us....... we are all your family and friends here....... we expect you to be honest with us." McGonagall explained in a stern voice.

Harry nodded and looked down at the kitchen table and then retold the story of how he and Draco escaped the Death Eater camp. He knew there were mixed emotions from everyone, but in the end he knew they were all just happy that they made it back alive.

"Miss Weasley.... Mrs. Malfoy....?" came Madame Pomfrey's voice suddenly.

They all looked up at her and watched her take a seat at the kitchen table.

"Well, what's wrong with him?" Ginny asked anxiously.

"As of right now Miss Weasley....... I only see it as a post traumatic experience...... He has been through a great deal and is still healing from a significant head injury.... I would just dismiss his actions for now and wait until he is actually awake with a clear mind..... then we will see." Madame Pomfrey explained.

Ginny just gave a sad nod.

"I think he will be in a much better state of mind by the morning..... let's see how things go then," she left Ginny with a small smile.

"Scorpius is fast asleep again, dear." came Molly's voice from the staircase.

"Thanks Mom"

"Of course, sweetheart, let me see your face." Mrs. Weasley said, moving the ice pack from Ginny's cheek where she had a bruise and a small cut. "Ouch... here, let me put a healing charm on that." she said, simply waving her wand at Ginny face.

"Thanks.... I'm going to bed guys." she sighed, getting up and walking to the staircase. "Oh, and Harry" She said, turning back around to face him. "Thank you for bringing Draco back to me...... even if things are weird right now...... I'm just so grateful to have him alive." she said with a small smile.

Harry gave a half smile back and nodded; watching her turn and head upstairs.

_______________________________________________________________________

She felt the warm sun hitting her face and she let her lips turn into a slight smile as she thought about all the mornings she would wake up in Draco's arms or to a passionate kiss to wake her up. She squinted her eyes open and saw Ember's little hands through the railing of the crib moving and her smile grew wider. She then realized someone was standing in the doorway and she sat up to look at them.

"Bill? What's wrong?"

"Draco has been awake for about a half hour now." he said cautiously.

Ginny's smile grew wider and she jumped out of the bed and ran towards the door, but Bill grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Gin.... just wait a minute." he said firmly.

She looked up at him, "Why? What's wrong? Did he try to hurt one of you's?" she asked worried.

"No...no, nothing like that....he's...-"

Ginny pushed past him and made her way downstairs where she heard arguing going on. She walked closer to the living room where she saw Draco sitting on the couch with McGonagall and Kingsley trying to explain things to him. She noticed everyone got quiet as she approached them and all eyes were on her.

"What's going on? Draco your awake," she said happily with a smile, taking a step to walk towards him, but she stopped when he rolled his eyes and a disgusted sneer was covering his face.

"How observant of you Weaslette...... Mother, why the hell are we shacked up with this Mudblood and these blood traitors.... surely this is some sick joke." He drawled eying them all with hate.

Ginny's heart sank.... and she let out a shaky breath. "What?" was all she managed to get out.

She walked over and sat beside Draco and looked at him; the look he gave her was enough to make her bawl her eyes out. He quickly got up and put quite a bit of distance between them.

"Are you nuts Weasley..... your filth almost touched me." he snarled at her.

Mrs. Weasley put a comforting hand on Ginny's shoulder and then Narcissa stepped forward towards Draco.

"Draco.... we are a part of the Order now..... don't you remember anything? You and Ginny are..... in love and-"

Draco started laughing and then he put the most hateful sneer on his face that Ginny had ever seen. "Alright..... I get the Order thing, but there is NO WAY I would ever touch that thing.......... are you off your rocker Mother?" Narcissa had an angry look on her face and then Draco's face turned pale. "Oh my god..... your serious? Me and......and that?" he said with disgust pointing to Ginny.

"Stop talking about her like that! And yes......for about a year now and you also have two-

"NO!" Ginny cut in.

Narcissa turned to look at her and saw Ginny shake her head as tears streamed down her face. Ginny did not want Draco knowing about his children right this moment in fear of how he would respond to the news. She quickly got up and ran out to the back porch and she soon felt McGonagall grab her arms firmly as she started to sob hysterically.

"Miss Weasley, listen to me...... I know how hard this is for you right now, but Madame Pomfrey said Draco's memories are just out of sorts right now from how much Lucius picked through them, ok?" she said reassuringly giving her a light shake to keep the redhead from completely breaking down before her.

Mrs. Weasley made her way out to the porch and was by her daughter's side and grabbed her face firmly in her hands. "Look at me Ginny....... Madame Pomfrey assured us his memory will return in a few days..... she is even working on a potion to help speed up the process that will help stimulate his mind. You need to trust her and know everything is going to be ok....... you understand, sweetheart?" she said, wiping the tears off of Ginny's face.

"What if they don't come back...... he hates me...... I can't tell him about the twins... not like this; especially after he tried to kill me last night." she cried.

"Last night was different, Mr. Malfoy was in a different state of mind then...... just give it a few days Miss Weasley." McGonagall said in a soft voice.

Ginny let the words McGonagall told her sink in before she gave a sad nod and then let her Mom hold her for a few more moments until she got herself together enough to go back inside.

______________________________________________

The rest of the day involved McGonagall and Kingsley filling in Draco about what was going on and what he had been through and how Harry brought him back here. The whole time Ginny watched him take in the information from the kitchen table and he just had that Malfoy sneer plastered on his face, making crude comments whenever one of his school rivals were mentioned. Draco seemed to know all about his powers already which was weird because he didn't remember anything about their relationship. Ginny's heart sank every time she saw the hatred and disgust in his eyes; it was like the entire past year they experienced together together never happened to him.

Ginny had made it clear to everyone she didn't want Draco knowing about Ember and Scorpius right now until his memory was sorted out. Ginny had placed a silencing charm on her bedroom and locked her door every time she was in it or left it; she just couldn't have Draco be cruel or say something hurtful about their children.

After Draco finally had calmed down enough to realize he and his Mother were on the Order's side Mrs. Weasley told him he could find his bedroom upstairs and she gave a look to Ginny to show him up to his room. Ginny let out a shaky breath and met Draco at the bottom of the stairs and he sarcastically gestured his hand out for her to go first and then made a sneering eye roll as she walked in front of him.

"Well, that horrid red hair may be unbearable to look at, but at least your backside makes up for it." He drawled, meeting her at the top of the stairs.

Ginny whipped her head around so fast that her hair slapped Draco in the face and made him take a step back. She had an angry look on her face as she stared into his mercury eyes. He looked at her with an amused smirk knowing he was able to get under her skin; she could tell he was pretty pleased with himself. She walked him to his bedroom and opened the door and then gave him the same sarcastic gesture for him to go first into the room.

"This..... is a bedroom?" he snarled.

"You really don't remember anything?" Ginny snapped suddenly.

Draco turned to look at her and was surprised to see her right in his face. "Back off Weasley, I don't want your filth so close to me." he spat.

"Really? What about when I was lying in your bed near death back at Malfoy Manor? Don't you remember that?" she looked at him angrily, but also hopeful.

His eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open slightly as a look of shock seemed to come over his face. Ginny's facial expression turned to excitement as she realized she must have struck a cord with him.

"You........ WERE IN MY BED?" He yelled with disgust suddenly.

Ginny's excitement turned to anger and she balled her fists tightly. "YOUR A COMPLETE ASS MALFOY!" she yelled, turning on her heel and storming out of the bedroom.

"HOLD IT WEASLEY!" he shouted, causing her to turn back and look at him. "What is this?" he asked, holding up a framed picture of a child's drawing that was on his nightstand.

Ginny walked back into his bedroom and took the picture frame from him and admired it for a moment with a smile. "A little girl named Ember drew it for you....... you were quite fond of her." she said, handing him back the picture frame.

"Pft, please, I hate children.... they are so needy........... especially little girls; always crying and what not about their hair being pulled or some other rubbish. Tell this Ember girl I'm not that fond of her anymore." he drawled, handing the frame back to her.

Ginny just looked at him with tearful eyes and trembling lips. "Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore because your Father sent Death Eaters to her town and murdered both her and her brother." she snapped pushing the frame roughly against his chest and ran from the room.

Draco stood there with a blank expression on his face; he felt like he had been punched in the gut at what Ginny had just told him. He gave another look at the photo and a small smile came to his face as he placed it back on his side table. His head was pounding; the feeling was almost unbearable and he thought he just might pass out at any moment, but he threw himself on his bed and just lay there looking at the picture. Why didn't all of this make sense? He knew what his Father was doing and what he was responsible for, but what in the bloody hell ever possessed him to get with Ginny Weasley? At least that's what everyone was telling him..... that they supposedly loved each other, but Draco couldn't stand the damn firecracker. Her temper was atrocious and she would never back down from an argument no matter how wrong she was..... it was quite annoying in his opinion. Why was he even thinking about her anyway? He buried his face in his pillow and let the throbbing in his head take him into a deep sleep.

________________________________________________________

Her eyes snapped open at the piercing cries filling the bedroom and she gave a frustrated sigh and ripped the blankets off of her and hopped out of bed. She took Ember first and changed her diaper as she seemed to be the one with the loudest cries and then changed Scorpius next. Once she placed Scorpius down again in the crib she saw Ember was fast asleep again and was thankful she decided on sleep over a bottle at this time of night.

"Looks like you on the other hand have the appetite of a Weasley" she giggled, gently tapping her finger on Scorpius' nose. "We should really just throw you into your Daddy's arms and let him figure this whole thing out." she laughed. "Alright Mommy will be right back." she said, slipping quietly out of the room and heading downstairs.

She heated up the bottle real quick and tested the temperature. She took a quick glance at the moon through the kitchen window and noticed Draco was sitting outside on the back porch. Everything in her told her to just turn around and head back upstairs, but the Weasley in her was curious. She slipped the bottle into the deep pocket of her bathrobe and headed out the back door.

"Draco? What are you doing out here so late?"

He didn't answer her; he just sat there with his elbows on his knees and his head hanging. She walked over and took a seat beside him and leaned over to take a look at his face. He was completely in a daze it seemed; he didn't even know she was beside him.

"Draco?..........DRACO?"

He still didn't answer and she gently placed a hand on his shoulder, making him snap his head up and grab her wrist roughly, causing her to let out a surprised gasp.

"Don't touch me Weasley" he snarled.

She was breathing heavy because of how much she was startled by his abrupt movement and her eyes went to his hand wrapped around her wrist; she couldn't help the goose bumps that covered her body at feeling his touch. She realized he wasn't letting go, but his grip wasn't rough anymore either and she saw him studying her arm. She watched him let go of her arm and then shook his head as if he was confused.

She sat there next to him, but realized he scooted a bit away from her after he let her arm go.

"What happened?" he asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"At the Manor...... what happened?" he asked with what seemed like curiosity but also some annoyance in his voice.

"Oh..... we were brought there through a-

"I KNOW THAT WEASLEY, I MEAN WHY WERE YOU LYING IN MY BED NEAR DEATH?" He shouted, causing Ginny to jump at his anger.

She felt her own anger rising; she couldn't stand the way he was speaking to her and she was trying so hard not to send a Bat Bogey hex his way.

"I took a poisonous arrow in the shoulder........... for you," she said, putting emphasis on that last part.

"For me? Well, that was stupid...... figures a Weasley would do something that ridiculous just to save a life." he sneered at her.

"I almost died Malfoy" she snapped. "But you saved my life." she added with a smirk.

"Me? How? And more importantly, why?"

Ginny just got up and started heading back inside; she couldn't handle this anymore. It was too hard being around the man she loved and hearing him talk to her like this.

"Weaslette, wait," he said, getting up off the steps and walking over to her.

"NO MALFOY! JUST SHUT UP! YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING BETWEEN US BUT I DO!" she screamed at him poking him hard in the chest with every word she yelled, making him take a few steps back. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD...... THEN YOU MIRACULOUSLY MADE IT BACK AND THEN TRIED TO KILL ME AND NOW........NOW YOU CAN'T STAND ME!" she cried out, turning her tear stained face away from him.

Draco wasn't sure what to say, he knew he had no feelings for the redhead before him, but he couldn't help but think if he just may have before his injury.

"I don't know what you want me to say Weasley"

She wanted to kiss him, it was killing her in every way possible to not be able to throw her arms around him and feel his lips on hers again. She felt completely alone right now and all she wanted was his arms around her. She felt her body turning hot and she quickly turned to make her way inside; she forgot how strong her powers were whenever they were together. Before she could make it inside though she felt his hand grab her arm again and turn her to face him.

"I don't know how things were with "us" before, but it's not the same now...... so your just gonna have to get over it Weaslette." he drawled.

She looked up at him, her eyes black.....those fiery orange pupils turning to the size of a pinpoint making Draco let her go and take a few steps back. He didn't remember anything about Ginny's powers only his own, but he felt his body going into defense mode as his own eyes turned and his mind took over as he stared at her. She felt him grab her and slam her hard against the outside wall and then his lips crashed against hers. Nothing made sense right now and it was like they were both watching the scene from outside of their bodies. Draco's body pushed against her and his hand traveled to the small of her back pulling her closer to him. Her legs had a mind of their own as they wrapped tightly around him and he pinned her harder against the wall.

Ginny was suddenly brought back to reality when she felt the bottle in her robe pocket grind against her and she quickly pushed Draco away and stared at him with wide eyes. He looked beyond shocked at what they were both just doing and before he could say anything Ginny ran inside and back upstairs to her bedroom and locked the door. She slid to the floor and fell into a fit of sobs; she just wanted her Draco back....... this was destroying her.

___________________________________________________________-

"Are you in love with me?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Are you in love with me"

"Ginny please.......don't make me.... "

"DON'T MAKE YOU WHAT? TELL ME YOUR TRUE FEELINGS!"

"Are you in love with me?"

"Yes..........yes...... I'm in love with you"

"Good, because I'm in love with you to"

Draco's eyes snapped open and he was met with a beaming ray of sun in his face, making him turn over on his side. All he could think about was the vivid dream he just had about him and Ginny in his room back at Hogwarts. It made him feel uneasy, especially where the dream seemed to be going...... it almost seemed like a memory, but there was no way he would ever love a Weasley......... was there?

He thought back to last night on the back porch, but his mind seemed to be fuzzy on what happened; it was like he had no self control and this irritated him to no end. He quickly jumped out of bed and threw some clothes on and headed to his Mother's bedroom.

"Come in," Narcissa called out at the sound of a knock on her door.

Draco walked in and closed the door behind him. He looked his Mother over as she was sitting on her bed crocheting.

"Really Mother? Yarn and such? What has happened to you?"

Narcissa just smiled and shook her head and placed the knitted piece she was working on aside. "I changed....... for the better and so have you..... well, you did....... but you'll get there again."

"Are you implying that I'm a bad person Mother?" he asked more in a genuine tone than a snarl.

She looked at him and stood up; placing both hands on his shoulders. "Of course not Draco, you are a wonderful young man; you're just a little lost right now." she said, placing a kiss on his cheek and giving him a gentle hug.

Draco was trying to get used to the way his Mother was acting towards him; he liked it of course, but it made him wonder if this was all real.

"Mother...... was I really..... in love with Weasley?" he asked in a serious voice.

She looked at him and her heart ached for him; she went into her top draw and pulled out a small box and handed it to him. "You tell me." she said with a smile.

He opened the box to reveal a rather stunning diamond ring and his eyes shot up to her. "I was going to....you aren't lying...... this is crazy" he said, snapping the box closed.

"Crazy...... but true." she smirked at him. "Ginny is a wonderful young woman-"

"STOP IT," he cut her off loudly. "Just stop."

He pushed the small box back into her hand and quickly exited the room; slamming her bedroom door closed behind him.

_______________________________________________________

That afternoon Kingsley had come by and explained about his and McGonagall's plan to have the entire farmhouse they were staying in PortKeyed to a new location. He and McGonagall along with Narcissa's gifted charm work had managed to come up with a spell strong enough to do just that and apparently it was something they had been working on since the last place they stayed at. Ginny was grateful for this new idea because quite frankly she was tired of losing everything and having to rebuild over and over. It was only after Kingsley got them all to agree to the idea that he revealed he had already relocated them earlier this morning before they all woke up which caused them all to make their way outside and see exactly how different their new surroundings looked. The wards were still in place this way the town up ahead wouldn't just see this large farmhouse and land suddenly appear.

Everything looked exactly the same outside the house, even Malini's car still sat out on the front lawn during the move. The only difference was the more crowded town up the road that they had yet to visit which they had planned on doing after Kingsley was done with their meeting.

Ginny was happy to have the house cleared out for a bit and decided to stay behind and grab a shower while the twins were down for their nap. She took one final look at them to make sure they were ok enough for her to quickly run to the shower and left the door open a bit in case one of them started crying. She quickly made a run to the bathroom in just a towel and closed the door behind her. She stepped into the warm shower and let her mind wander.

_____________________________________________________________

Draco's head was pounding; that's why he stayed behind and laid down for a bit. The house was so much quieter without George's pranks going off every few hours and then hearing Mrs. Weasley's yells ring throughout the home. His eyes snapped open when he heard what sounded like a baby crying and he raised an eyebrow when he heard it again.

"Is that...... a baby?" he said to himself.

He got up from the bed and popped his head out into the hallway and heard the sound of the shower on. He didn't realize anyone else was here with him and when his eyes saw the Weaslette's door opened he knew it was her. The crying rang out again and he made his way closer to it and realized it was coming from Ginny's bedroom. He slowly walked inside and saw two cribs and his eyes went wide.

"What the hell?" he said again to himself.

The cries grew louder and he walked over to what he figured was a baby boy noticing the blue hat on top of his head.

"Alright kid, calm down, geez. You know crying gets you nowhere.... remember that." he said with a smirk.

He looked around again to see if anyone was around that would make this crying stop and figured Ginny couldn't hear him.

"Listen, I'm by no means an expert on babies, but I can take a hint." he said, gently picking the baby up in his arms. "You're not making my headache any better by the way.........Now let's see what you could be possibly crying about......oh.... THAT..... just my luck." he said, laying Scorpius down on the changing table.

He watched Scorpius open his little eyes and immediately he could tell this was Ginny's son; he had her honey brown eyes. Draco was a little disturbed by the smile that came across his face when he noticed this and continued his attempts at changing the baby's diaper.

"There..... not perfect, but good enough. Geez, your Mother takes forever in the shower." he said, rocking the baby a bit in his arms as he started crying again. "Ok, ok kid...... what are you hungry? Just don't wake up the other one." he said, making his way downstairs to the kitchen with Scorpius.

He went into the fridge and saw a bunch of bottles already made and took one out. "Now I'm not completely clueless about this whole thing, I happen to know that you would prefer this warmed up.........right?" he said, heating up the bottle.

After he got the bottle to what he took as the right temperature; he sat on the couch and started feeding Scorpius. "I should charge your Mother for babysitting services." he smirked at the baby.

___________________________________________________

Ginny got out of the shower and quickly dried off and wrapped the towel around her body and one around her hair. She started walking back to her bedroom when she saw her door was all the way opened and she quickly ran into her room and checked on both babies. She saw Scorpius was gone and she snatched her wand off her nightstand and began to panic. She ran downstairs so fast that the towel in her hair came undone and fell to the floor.

"No, no, no, no... please no." she kept saying over and over as tears filled her eyes.

She froze at the bottom of the stairs when she heard Draco's voice come from the living room.

"........weird right? I mean I don't know what she wants me to say to all that stuff, but she can't possibly just expect me to just say ok and snog her senseless...... you know what I mean kid?.............yeah well thanks for the advice."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she shouted, walking into the living room.

"Chill Weaslette, this guy was screaming his bloody lungs out while you were having a good ole time in the shower." he said, taking the bottle out of a sleeping Scorpius' tiny mouth.

"I didn't think anyone was here and he was asleep when I went in. He probably needs to be changed." she said, walking over to take the baby.

"I did it already." Draco said casually

"What? You changed him?"

"Yeah Weasley, I'm not that thick. By the way...... I had no idea you had children.... they're Potter's I take it?"

Ginny had just realized Draco was holding his own son and he was completely oblivious to it. Her eyes filled with tears and she wasn't sure how to respond to his question.

"I should put him in his crib." she said suddenly.

"And then maybe some clothes," he added, eying her very exposed body wrapped in nothing but a towel.

Her cheeks turned a bright shade of pink and she made sure her towel was tied firmly closed, then gently started taking the baby from Draco's arms.

She had Scorpius halfway in her arms when his hat slipped off and revealed a very blonde patch of hair. Ginny's heart caught in her throat and she quickly grabbed the rest of him to her and she spared a look at Draco who was staring at her with a shocked expression.

"Wait.... what?" he whispered more to himself than anything.

Ginny's heart was racing and she quickly retreated upstairs and back into her bedroom, ignoring Draco's calls for her to stop. She placed Scorpius gently down in his crib and then threw her clothes on real quick and her hair up in a messy bun. She was panicking, did Draco just realize these were his kids? She wasn't sure, but she knew he wasn't stupid and the expression on his face seemed to put it altogether. She looked at the two sleeping babies fast asleep in their cribs and once again found herself falling into another fit of sobs.
Sign up to rate and review this story