Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 31

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-05-13 - 6413 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ginny had made it a point to avoid Draco the rest of the day as much as she could; she knew he would more than likely not approach her about what happened earlier that day..... well, this Draco wouldn't anyway. Ginny knew he would be more than happy to pretend he didn't notice any resemblance to the baby he held in his arms only hours prior. This is what she thought anyway until that night after she had just gotten both of them down to bed and she heard a knock at her door. She opened it casually thinking it was her Mother or Hermione and was surprised when she saw Draco standing outside her door. She looked at him for a second, then quickly went to close the door when Draco wedged his foot between the frame and the door to stop it.

"Would you wait a damn minute Weaslette." he snarled at her through the crack in the door, then without much effort, pushed the door opened making her stagger backwards a bit.

"What do you want Malfoy? And you better keep quiet because I just got them to sleep" she snapped, pointing her finger in his face in a threatening manner.

"I want to talk about this." he said, gesturing to the two cribs before them.

"This? Like it's a problem? Like it's an inconvenience?" she said angrily.

"Well...."

Ginny couldn't believe what she was hearing; the Draco she fell in love with would never talk about their children this way. She knew this Draco Malfoy would do whatever it took to deny that these were his children because the idea was that far fetched to him and this made her completely snap.

"Fine.... what about it?" she said, sitting on the bed. "They're Harry's remember? That's the most logical explanation...... right?" she said sarcastically, looking at him fiercely.

"Well....I...-"

"I know your not that bloody stupid Malfoy.... if we were together before your injury, then how the hell are these Harry's children..... oh yes, me and Harry had children and now he's with Luna and I'm in love with you; because that makes sense.......RIGHT?" she snapped, jumping off the bed and getting in his face.

"So....-"

"YES DRACO THESE ARE OUR CHILDREN...... THEY ARE ONLY ABOUT A WEEK OLD AND I HAD THEM THE SAME NIGHT I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD...... I HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS ALONE.... WITHOUT YOU AND NOW THAT YOUR BACK THE ONLY THING I WANT TO DO IS HAVE YOU HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS AND FEEL WHAT ITS LIKE TO KISS YOU AGAIN..........BUT I CAN'T!" she screamed at him; the tears flowing freely down her face. Both babies were starting to stir in their sleep as her screams echoed throughout the room. "

"Calm down Weasl-"

"NO! I WON'T CALM THE HELL DOWN...... I KNOW YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF THE MEMORIES BETWEEN US..... BUT I DO.... IT'S DESTROYING ME TO NOT BE ABLE TO LOVE YOU....... IT'S TOO HARD TO HEAR YOU TALK DOWN TO ME AND NOW OUR CHILDREN...... YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST BE DEAD THEN." she clapped her hand over her mouth as the last words left her mouth and her body shook with sobs as she ran from the room and downstairs to the back porch.

Draco didn't think her words would hurt him in any way because he could care less what she had to say about him, but apparently they had. He wasn't sure why, but he was having an awful hard time believing these kids were his, especially because he didn't remember any of it..... he just figured he would remember something this significant. He thought about how Ginny completely lost it just now and his heart hurt a bit for her, which again he had no damn clue why it was in the first place...... she was just a Weasley after all.

Mrs. Weasley approached Draco after Ginny ran from the room crying and she heard the babies start to cry.

"Draco dear, as much as your pride is telling you to stay away, maybe you should at least go talk to her? For the sake of these two at least." She said, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder and gesturing towards the twins.

Draco just stared at the two cribs with the slightest sneer, if it could even be called a sneer.... it was more like deep in thought. There was just no way these could be his kids..... there just had to be some other explanation. If these were indeed his children, then it scared him to death; he couldn't even decide on how he felt, never mind making parenting decisions. He gave Mrs. Weasley a small nod and headed downstairs to find Ginny.

_________________________________________________________

Ginny was sitting on the trunk of Malini's car just letting the tears spill from her eyes. She felt so alone right now and she was having a complete breakdown. She had her arms folded around her knees and buried her face in them and just cried hysterically; her flaming hair rising so slightly as a flicker of flames whipped through it. Her hair just hovered around her and tiny bits of fiery embers floated around her as her emotions overflowed out of her. Her hands tightly gripped at her sleeves as she tried to hold on with all her might to not completely burn the house behind her down.

She felt the car go down a bit as someone leaned against it.

"Listen Weas- uh.... Ginny..... " Draco stopped talking and just watched her for a moment.

He couldn't help but think how beautiful she looked surrounded in fiery flames around her as her powers slowly leaked out. He somehow wasn't afraid this time, but found them somehow welcoming to him. He couldn't believe that his heart was actually aching for the Weaslette right now and the emotional state she was in. It was like he became this huge softy suddenly during his walk down from her bedroom.

"I wish I knew what to say.....I.." he stopped and shook his head for a moment as something kept flashing through his mind.

("I'm scared ok? That's why I'm here and I don't know why, but you make me feel safe.")

Draco shook his head again, what was that?It sounded like Ginny, he thought to himself....... was that a memory?

Ginny lifted her tear stained face to look at him and she saw him run his fingers through his hair as a confused look covered his face. She watched as he closed his eyes tightly and shook his head again.

("I'm so sorry you had to go through that Ginny. I'm so sorry that I keep hurting you. I was so stupid I don't want to lose you. I never felt like I had any reason to still be alive, but every time I look at you I find a reason. I don't care if the reason is to just see you for one more day, or to get another chance to see your beautiful smile again.")

Draco let out a strained gasp and his breathing became heavy and he felt his heart begin to race. He looked at Ginny and she studied his face and saw what she swore were tears in his eyes.

"Draco?" she said in a small voice.

He pulled at his hair as he tried to make sense of the flashback and memories of sorts he was seeing..... were these real? He couldn't tell, but they sure felt real and were making him feel a certain kind of way about the redhead before him.

("Careful, I have to wear these after")

His mind went to an explicit scene of him and Ginny in a dressing room and all he heard was the sound of him ripping her clothes. Next he knew he was sitting at the top of a Ferris wheel with the redhead beside him; she was smiling brightly and giggling with him.

("This day has been............. amazing")

("Yeah, it definitely has been")

("I love you Ginny")

("I love you too, Draco")

Draco dropped to his knees; he felt Ginny's eyes on him the entire time.

"The Ferris wheel..." he whispered.

"What?" Ginny asked softly.

"THE FERRIS WHEEL?" he yelled, looking at her. "We were on a Ferris wheel together..... yes?"

Ginny nodded and then wiped her tears away; her powers dying down as she looked into his mercury eyes trying desperately to make sense of everything.

"I'm...... trying.... Ginny" he said through his heavy breathing. "But nothing makes sense to me right now...... I'm seeing things.... memories maybe? I don't know, but they seem so real."

"Because they are." she whispered, looking at him.

He finally got back to his feet and leaned over the car until his breathing became normal again. He looked up at her and she stared at him. Nothing made sense right now..... what just happened to him? He was having a really hard time accepting these memories and was trying desperately to believe something else. His heart seemed to have made a permanent spot in it just for Ginny at this moment and he hated the feeling more than anything. He knew it was more than likely because he couldn't explain it and fighting against it seemed to be a battle he wouldn't win.

"How?" he asked her with a defeated look.

"How what?" she looked at him curiously.

He stood in front of her where her arms were folded on her knees and his expression read as what Ginny made out as scared..... maybe even worry in his eyes.

"How are you doing this to me? Making me fall for you again.... how?"

Ginny let out a giggle suddenly, "If your falling for me after the past couple of days we've had together, then you have weird taste in women."

They both laughed for a moment.

"Just don't cry anymore...... I don't know why, but it's hard to watch you like that." he said, scratching the back of his neck at the awkward feeling of being vulnerable in front of her.

She just gave him a small smile and then slipped off the car and walked with him back into the house.

"Well, maybe if you want...... we could..... talk or something later?" Ginny cautiously asked.

He looked highly uncomfortable with the suggestion, but he forced out a nod and then headed upstairs before she could say another word.

________________________________________________________

It was the middle of that night and Draco never did approach Ginny for a talk; he just kept thinking about how he was getting a soft spot for the redhead..... and in....what was it? Two days time? She certainly had an impact on him, which made him think the fact that he was madly in love with her at one point wasn't so crazy after all. He looked over at the clock and saw it read 3am and he rubbed his eyes and gave a light groan; every time he closed his eyes he kept seeing what he had guessed were memories. He heard crying in the next room and knew the babies were up and he heard Ginny walk across the room over to them.

"Couldn't leave that silencing charm up could you Weasley?" He mumbled to himself, rolling over to grab his wand and put one on his own room.

He then decided against it and felt bad for trying to drown out the sound of his own children's cries....... something told him to get up out of his bed...... and so he did. He walked over to her bedroom door and let out a long breath before gently knocking on the door.

"Come in"

He opened the door quietly and his eyes fell on Ginny on the bed and she was....... breastfeeding.

"SHIT WEASLEY..... YOUR....UM... YOU.... I SHOULD GO" he said, turning his face away from her quickly.

"Why? You've seen me naked plenty of times before, it's a boob get over it Draco." she said, then smiled down at Scorpius and ran her fingers through his hair.

"YEAH, BUT...I....... THIS IS DIFFERENT." he stumbled for words.

"Is it now? Either have a seat or get out, "she said sharply, then turned back to the precious little boy in her arms and once again smiled brightly.

"How did you know I wasn't your brother or something?" he snapped at her; her being so casual about her being exposed in front of him made him feel uncomfortable.

"Please, no brother of mine will be knocking on the door at 3am to check on me..... I thought it was my Mother to be honest."

Draco took a seat in the chair in the corner and watched her for a moment; he couldn't look away for some reason... not because her breast was clearly exposed, but because she looked so extraordinarily beautiful as she breastfed their son. The way her fiery hair fell across her soft pale shoulder kept his eyes hooked on her and a rather large lump to form in his throat. The way she also watched Scorpius the whole time and smiled at the child hit a very soft spot of Draco's heart.

"So are those bottles in the fridge full of....."

"Breast milk? Yes," she giggled.

"Fuckin George...." Draco mumbled; remembering earlier how George tried to get him to use it for his coffee after stating there was no more milk. Draco was glad he decided to drink it black instead.

Ginny only caught the word George and she gave another giggle. Her eyes went to Ember who was crying rather loudly now and was surprised when Draco got up and walked over to the crib.

"Uh, do you want me to.... pick her up or something?" he asked cautiously.

"Well, she is your daughter...... of course you should pick her up."

He looked at Ginny again for a moment and then turned to his daughter and gently slid his hands under her tiny body and picked her up in his arms.

("Ginny...........I'm scared.......I'm really fuckin scared.......I don't know what to do or how to be what you're expecting.")

("Draco I'm scared to........but what scares me even more...... is having to do this without you. I don't know what I'm doing either, but I need you more than ever right now. Please don't fall apart on me.")

This flashback Draco just had completely made his heart crumble to pieces; as he stood there looking at this tiny thing they had created. Ember opened her tiny eyes and looked up at him; her eyes confirmed that this was actually a reality.... he was in love with Ginny and these were his kids.

("I don't think I can be a good Father.")

("You can and you will be Draco........I know it and as far as what I'm expecting from you........I'm only expecting you to give me 100 percent of yourself. I need all of you right now and we have to work as a team; no more back and forth and pushing me away.......please?")

He didn't fight the flashbacks and memories that kept invading his head anymore; he felt the emotional walls he had up starting to come down and a warmth seemed to fill him.

"What are their names?" he whispered.

"Well, that's Ember and this little guy is Scorpius?" she said, smiling down at her son's tiny sleeping body in her arms.

"Scorpius huh?....... Then you should have named her Scorpia." he joked.

Ginny just stared at him with wide eyes.

"Relax Weaslette, I was joking, the names are perfect." he said, smiling at Ember.

"It's just...... you said that same thing..... never mind." she said, shaking her head.

She placed Scorpius' now sleeping form back in the crib and then looked at Draco rocking the baby in his arms. Ember's eyes slowly started to droop and then soon she was knocked out.

"Yes" Ginny said in a whispered victory voice. "Sometimes she only wakes up because her brother is awake..... she doesn't want to miss out on anything..... she's curious." Ginny giggled.

"Just like her Mother..... or is that nosy?" Draco joked, placing her tiny sleeping body back in the crib.

They both stood there watching their babies sleeping.

"Listen, I know it's late, but can we talk for a minute?" Ginny asked him cautiously.

"If we must." he said with some annoyance.

She walked out into the hall and then to his bedroom and he followed her. "Why in here?"

"Because, I don't want our children to hear you speak so ill of me." she snapped.

"They're sleeping, they won't hear anything........ you know what, on second thought, I'm rather tired so get out." he snarled at her.

("You are totally wasted.")

("Shush Gincy")

("And for the millionth time it's Ginny, not Gincy......you reek of alcohol.")

("NO! You do.......you and that stuff....the thing you do.......you know the rock outside....")

("Oh really, is that so?")

Draco smirked at the memory that flashed by; hearing Ginny's giggling in it made him want to grab her and snog her senseless. He heard her saying something to him, but he was too focused on the memory and he finally looked up at her and she looked at him waiting for a reply. He went against everything the old Malfoy was telling him, but his body seemed to just take over. She was just absolutely stunning in every way right now...... he mentally cursed to himself and did something he didn't expect.

"Drac-"

He cut her off suddenly with his lips against hers and grabbed her face to pull her closer to him. He felt her shocked expression against his hands, but she soon gave in and kissed him back. Her hands ran through his platinum hair and she felt his hands around her body; she could just cry from how much she missed this feeling and as soon as she started remembering what it felt like...... he pulled away.

He stared at her; his hair a mess and his breathing heavy. "Uh... sorry.... I don't know-"

Ginny didn't care anymore about what he had to say; she roughly grabbed his shirt and threw him onto his bed and mounted him. Before he could object she crashed her lips on his again and it wasn't long before he gave in and traced her body with his hands. Ginny mentally thanked Madame Pomfrey for performing that healing charm on her after her delivery or this moment wouldn't be happening right now.

So many memories flooded Draco's mind right now; some explicit ones which only fueled him with a throbbing want and need to have her in every way possible. Her shirt came off and so did his and soon he was on top of her this time; ripping the rest of her clothes from her body like a mad man. His hand grazed her inner thigh and the moan that escaped her made his body turn to ice and she welcomed the feeling more than anything and let herself turn over in response.

Draco felt nothing but pleasure as the heat in her body rose and ran through her into him; leveling out the two's powers to a pleasurable sensation that brought them both to the edge of a blissful explosion. Feeling Ginny pinned beneath his body was driving him crazy; feeling her nails dig into his back as he thrust repeatedly into her made the grip he had on her hair tighten and their kisses to deepen and intensify. He felt her bite his lip hungrily for him to bring her to her peak and he wanted nothing more than to do just that. He could tell she was enjoying every inch of him and was completely lost in the moment and she finally let out very load pleasurable moan as he felt her climax around him which was all he needed to feel the same release.

Ginny opened her eyes and looked straight at Draco's; she saw them return back to normal and then she saw him realize exactly what just happened. She felt him go to quickly get up, but she grabbed both of his arms on either side of her and he looked at her again. She knew he was feeling extremely awkward and he started shaking his head that he wanted her to let him leave. She didn't let go of him though; she slid her hands up to around his neck.

"Draco...... look at me." she whispered.

He just kept shaking his head and avoided looking at her; he couldn't believe he just had sex with the youngest Weasley..... he knew he must have had it once before with her, but this was new still for him. He felt Ginny lift her head to his again and her lips gently pressed against his....... God, he loved the taste of her kisses.

He got off of her and sat on the side of the bed, but Ginny pulled him to lay down beside her. His view was suddenly clouded with a mass of red hair falling in his face and his eyes locked with hers as she leaned over him. She was smiling at him and then laid her head on his chest; gently stroking his side with her thumb. It took everything in him not to run from the room right now, but why? Why was he all flustered around her? He was Draco Malfoy and Malfoy's don't get flustered. How did he go from this badass Slytherin only hours early to this big softy?

"I can't do this," he said suddenly sitting up quickly making Ginny jump in surprise. "This was a....... a mistake..... I-"

"A mistake?" Ginny said, looking at him with a hurt expression.

"Not a mistake.... just.... I don't know..... I mean it was amazing...it's just I.... we...-"

Ginny wasn't sure what to think at this moment; yes, her feelings were hurt, but she was trying to be understanding of Draco's memory loss also and how things were probably scattered about in his head. She got out of bed and threw on her clothes and then turned to him.

"Don't worry about it..... I'll see you in the morning I guess." She said in a short tone and then quickly left his bedroom.

He felt horrible watching her go and immediately wanted her to come back and lay in the spot next to him. He threw his head back onto his pillow and let out a frustrated groan letting the pounding headache he was starting to feel take him into an uneasy sleep.

____________________________________________________________

The next morning Ginny brought the twins downstairs during breakfast so they could finally be out of her bedroom since Draco knew about them. She was having breakfast with everyone when she saw Draco come down the stairs and take a seat at the other end of the table from her. She wasn't going to bring up what happened last night between them, but she couldn't stop thinking about it. She wanted to lay in his arms all night and as good as it felt to have him hold her, she knew it would've felt even more amazing if his mind was 100 percent.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy you're awake...... wonderful. I have that potion ready for you to take." said Madame Pomfrey, pulling out a small vial of purple liquid and handing it to Draco.

"Oh... uh, yeah... thanks."

Draco locked eyes with Ginny for a moment before he popped the tiny cork off of it and downed the potion in a quick swig.

"Now you might feel really drowsy from it and some side effects are severe headache and even confusion, but by this time tomorrow lets hope your back to your old self....... well, not THAT old self." Madame Pomfrey joked; lightly slapping Draco on the arm.

"Ha-ha..... hilarious" Draco sneered at her sarcastically.

He heard Ginny's giggle from down the table and a smile stretched across his face and then he quickly got up from the table and made his way upstairs angrily. He was so confused about his feelings he wanted to just slam his head into a wall; he was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he collided with Hermione at the top of the stairs.

"WATCH IT MUDBLOOD!" he yelled at her.

"Well, good morning to you to Draco... I see your memory is still rocky." she said, folding her arms with an amused look on her face.

"That's it? How about some stupid witty comeback?" he snapped.

"Because..... we're friends, you're just confused right now."

"Friends?" he laughed. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

It was Hermione's turn to laugh. "If you only knew."

Draco was just getting more annoyed and he went to his bedroom and slammed the door as hard as he could and threw himself on his bed; burying his face in his pillow.

He was just dozing off when he heard continuous knocking at the door, making him jump out of bed with frustration and rip it open.

"WHAT WEASLEY! IM TRYING TO REST!" he yelled in Ginny's face.

"Well, I was just seeing if you were coming down for lunch?" she asked nervously.

He looked at her confused. "Lunch, we just had breakfast."

"You've been sleeping for hours." she said, looking at him funny.

Draco had just seemed to become aware of the excruciating pain in his head and he was suddenly dizzy and nauseous causing him to make a sprint to the bathroom. He threw up and then felt the pain in his head get worse and quickly splashed some water on his face and rinsed his mouth.

"Draco are you alright? You don't look so good." Ginny said softly, noticing how pale he was.

He turned to face her and everything was blurry, scenes played out before him of what he assumed were memories. He was seeing Ginny crying in the girls bathroom at Hogwarts and then watched her body fall from an arrow hitting her. He saw her crying in his room at the Manor and him reaching up to kiss her. He saw Hermione on her wedding day and the whole scene of Dean's death.

He pulled at his hair in frustration and he felt Ginny's hands on him suddenly, but he pushed her away from him roughly.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! JUST GET AWAY! I HATE YOU WEASLEY, DON'T YOU GET THAT!" he screamed at her. "I COULD NEVER LOVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU....... SOMEONE SO...SO....-"

He fell to the floor and slowly a darkness surrounded his vision; the last thing he saw was Ginny running to his side and her red hair whipping all around her face as she yelled out for Madame Pomfrey. Before he was completely pulled into the darkness he saw a single tear roll down Ginny's cheek.

_________________________________________________________

Ginny sat with Draco the rest of the day in his room as he lay there unconscious; she couldn't help but be affected by his harsh words, but she knew it was the potion that just discombobulated his mind a bit. Madame Pomfrey was surprised that Draco collapsed from the potion and she questioned whether she went wrong with it somewhere which made Ginny worry if the potion was going to help him or just make things worse.

She ran her hand through Draco's hair and gave him a soft kiss before deciding to turn in for the night. She climbed into her bed and put her hand out to the empty spot where Draco always slept and she let the tears come. She was trying to be understanding about Draco's condition and it hurt her to see him struggling..... but she just wanted him back now.

____________________________________________________

Ginny woke up the next morning feeling well rested; she was surprised at how it felt like she had gotten the most sleep she had in a long time. She remembered how she use to wake up to Draco kissing her and this brought a giant smile to her face. She felt a light hitting her eyes and she peaked her eyes open to see the sun shining in from the window and beaming off of something in the room. She put her hand up to block out the blinding glare and sat up and rubbed her eyes until they adjusted to the room again. Her eyes went wide when she saw what was causing the sun to blind her....... there on the pillow beside her sat a diamond ring in a small black box.

"What?" she whispered to herself, grabbing the box and sliding out of the bed.

She went to glance over into the cribs when she saw the twins were gone and there was a note in one of them that read "Thought you could use the extra sleep". Ginny thought she was in a dream.... was this real? She quickly went to her door and pulled it open and jumped back in surprise when Draco was standing in front of her.

"Draco.... what-"

"Ginny..... There's been something I've been wanting to ask you since before I left.... and I don't want to wait another minute." he said with tears in his eyes and slowly got down on one knee. "Ginevra Molly Weasley......will you give my life meaning again and please do me the honor of being my wife..... I love you more than anything in this world and I don't want to think about a life without you in it......Will you marry me?"

Ginny didn't even notice the crowd of people watching from the hall, all she knew was she couldn't believe that Draco Malfoy was asking her to marry him. Her mind was racing at what was unfolding before her and all she could think about was the awful past few days she had with him and now here he was asking her to marry him. She could see in his eyes that it was the man she fell in love with...... he was here.... with her and a sudden warmth filled her body and her body trembled a bit from how different he was compared to yesterday. She was so scared that this was indeed a dream and she was going to wake up any moment to the sound of screaming babies or to Draco throwing insults at her.

She was so overwhelmed with emotions and all she found herself doing was nodding and wiping away tears; it wasn't until Draco took the box from her and pulled the ring out and gently took her hand that she was pulled back into the reality of the moment.

"Is that a yes then?" he chuckled.

"Yes.....YES, I WILL MARRY YOU!" she cried out as he slid the ring on her finger. She threw her arms around his neck and felt his lips on hers.

This was everything she had missed; his loving embrace; the feeling of being safe and secure whenever his arms were around her. To taste his kisses and breathe in his scent as he so lovingly kissed her and caressed her body. His hands deeply entangled in her hair as she grabbed his face and looked into those mercury eyes.

"It's really you?" she whispered against his lips.

"It's really me Ginny..... it's really me"

She hugged him tightly and buried her face in the crook of his neck and just let him hold her for a few moments. Her Mother couldn't wait much longer and she soon wrapped her arms around the two of them and grabbed Draco's face and planted Motherly kisses all over it. Ginny was giggling at the look on Draco's face and then accepted all the congrats that came her way from her friends and family. The whole time she heard people congratulating them, her eyes never left Draco's.

"Um.... Mom... can we have a minute?" Ginny asked, finally looking at her Mother.

"Of course, dear, of course, I'll see you both downstairs for breakfast." Mrs. Weasley said, shooing everyone downstairs to the kitchen area.

Ginny waited for the hallway to clear out and then turned her attention to Draco again. She had a huge smile on her face, but it faded fast; now that Draco was himself again and very much alive, she felt horrible that she even gave up on him to begin with.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, gently grabbing her shoulders and trying to look at her, but she kept her attention to the floor.

"I thought you were dead and I believed it. I didn't even fight to try and make sure it was the truth........ I completely gave up all hope that you were alive and I think........ I think I was so scared of learning that you truly were dead and that thought scared me even more. I'm a horrible person for-"

"Hey, stop that-"

"NO!" she cried, dropping to her knees; he was on his also with his arms around her, but she held him at a distance to finish what she had to say. She finally looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "You don't understand..... I had such horrible thoughts..... I was going to do anything to be with you again....it was just too hard to live a life without you in it. Every time I wanted death to take me, I thought of our children....... but sometimes I still wanted to leave..... I know my parents would've taken care of them....... I was so......alone." She sobbed.

Draco's felt completely horrible about what Ginny had gone through; he would go through all the pain and torture in a heartbeat again to keep her from feeling the way she had. His heart sank at the thought of her possibly not being here anymore and with that he grabbed her to him.

"I'm here now Ginny.......you're not alone......I'm here and I'm sorry you had to go through that." He held her in his arms.

They sat like that in the hallway for a good ten minutes before Ginny finally lifted her puffy eyes to look at him. She could tell this was really him; the way he held her, the way he kissed........ it was just how she remembered. He stood up and pulled her to her feet and wiped any remaining tear residue off her cheeks with his thumbs before gently placing a kiss on her lips.

"Now I told our Mother's to take the babies this morning to let you sleep while I worked up a halfway decent proposal........ I have yet to "officially" meet our children and I can't wait another moment." Draco said with a smile on his face.

Ginny just stared at him with the biggest smile; she couldn't wait to see Draco holding the twins...... well this Draco anyway...... the one who was so sure of his feelings for her..... the one that had changed her life.

They both walked downstairs and joined the others and Ginny walked over to Narcissa and her Mother who were holding both babies. Ginny was all the way in the living room and noticed Draco wasn't beside her and she turned around to see him still standing in the kitchen just staring at the babies.

"Draco? Come on," she smiled.

"I think he's officially freaked out." Ron laughed, through a mouth full of breakfast.

Draco sneered at him and Hermione slapped Ron hard on the back of the head, causing him to shoot her an angry glare.

"Go on Draco..... they won't bite...... yet anyway." Hermione teased.

Draco gave a small smirk and then slowly approached the couch and took a seat beside his Mother who was holding Scorpius. He suddenly got real nervous when his Mother gently placed the baby in one of his arms and then Mrs. Weasley placed Ember in his other one.

"Come on you lot, let's go upstairs for a bit and give them some privacy." Mrs. Weasley said, shooing them all now out of the kitchen and back upstairs.

"WHAT? BUT I'M NOT DONE WITH BREAKFAST!" Ron shouted with a baffled look on his face.

It was Mrs. Weasley's turn to slap him on the back of his head and then Hermione grabbed his shirt and started dragging him from the table as he tried to get in one or two more forkfuls of food before heading upstairs.

Ginny giggled at the scene and then turned back to Draco, who was just sitting there look from one baby to the other.

"Well, what do you think?" she teased him.

"I think they are my finest creation yet." he laughed.

"OUR finest creation." she corrected him.

He looked up at her with a smile. "Yes...... our finest creation."

"You see guys..... I told you Daddy was conceited." Ginny laughed, looking at the twins in his arms.

Draco gave a small smile and just studied these two tiny humans in his hands....... he couldn't believe he was a Father.

"Scorpius and Ember, right?" He asked Ginny.

Ginny nodded and continued to watch him. He looked at Scorpius and watched as he sucked on his little hand and then he turned to Ember who gave a tiny little yawn and her tiny nostrils stretched a bit....... Draco was immediately pulled in and his heart was nothing but jelly. Ginny seemed to notice his emotion and she gently took Scorpius from him and sat down beside him; each holding a baby. He looked at her and they share a soft kiss and then leaned their foreheads against each other. Draco broke down right there; he couldn't believe this time last year he was waking up from being unconscious from one of his Father's near death beatings or Cruciatus curse episodes. From wanting to take his own life to looking forward to each and every day...... it was so much to take in....... and now he had everything he could ever dream of. Ginny and his children were his entire world..... they were all his. Ginny kissed the top of Draco's head as he let his emotions out on her shoulder; she knew he had gone through a great deal and this experience had to have been more than overwhelming for him.

"Welcome back...... Daddy, "she whispered to him with a smirk.
Sign up to rate and review this story