Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 32

by nikki13088 0 reviews

This story takes place a few months after the final battle, the trio returns to Hogwarts to finish school and Lucius is becoming more powerful and with an army of Death Eaters a new threat washes n...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-05-18 - 6673 words - Complete

1Exciting
After Ginny and Draco spent some much needed time together with their son and daughter the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon consisted of Molly and Narcissa talking about wedding plans. Draco just smirked and shook his head as he watched Ginny's head snapping back and forth between the two women throwing out idea after idea. He knew it was just a matter of time before Ginny snapped and then sure enough, he saw her stand suddenly from the table and excuse herself. Draco followed her a few minutes later to give her some time to clear her head and then found her sitting on the back porch steps.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked.

She just gave a small smile. "You know I don't."

"I know, but still, your a Weasley and you never know when a Weasley might snap." he teased, taking a seat beside her.

"If I had a galleon for every time I heard the word Weasley out of your mouth these past few days....... I might be richer than the Malfoy family." she laughed, absent-mindedly playing with the newly placed ring on her finger.

"Having second thoughts?" Draco asked her, noticing her playing with the ring and looking out into the field.

"Oh, of course not...... it's just..... I can't stop thinking about how horrible you were to me these past few days and then all of a sudden I'm engaged to you." she said with a sigh.

He scooted closer to her and took her hand in his and leaned forward to get a better look at her face. "I'm really sorry Ginny...... I'm sure I must have said some awful things....... I wish I could take them back." he said; a look of guilt on his face.

Ginny looked at him; she shouldn't be making him feel bad, she knew he didn't mean those things.... well, that this Draco didn't anyway.

"I'm just happy you're back to yourself, and since you are rather a handsome bloke, I suppose I can forgive you." she teased, playfully nudging him with her knee and making him give her a small smile. "As long as you don't try to hit or kill me again, then I think we can forget about this whole thing." she giggled and looked at him.

His smile suddenly faded and he looked at her confused. "What did you just say?"

"I said as long as you don't try to hit or kill me again, then-"

"Again? What do you mean again?" he said, standing up suddenly and looked at her with wide eyes.

"You mean..... you don't remember?" she asked, her smile also fading.

"I remember some things, like some of the stuff I said, but everything else is sort of a blur...... Ginny, please tell me I didn't hurt you." he looked at her with pleading eyes.

She looked away from him quickly; the last thing she wanted was for Draco to have any remorse or guilt about what happened. He had been through a lot..... they both had and she didn't want to ruin how things were between them now.

"No.... of course not, you didn't hurt me..... it was nothing. Just forget it Draco, come on, let's go back inside." She said, getting up and turned to walk away when he grabbed her arm and stopped her suddenly.

"NO! Ginny look at me..... did I hurt you?" he demanded.

Ginny quickly glanced up into his eyes, but she couldn't lock hers with his and lie to him so she looked away again. "No you didn't...... I was just.... teasing." she quickly thought of something to sound believable.

"You're lying," he whispered, letting go of her arm and stood there with a look of disbelief on his face.

"Draco, please don't make this more than it has to be.... I'm fine, there's nothing-"

"STOP LYING TO ME! TELL ME THE TRUTH!" he yelled at her.

Ginny grabbed his face in her hands and looked at him. "Why? Why do you need to know? All that matters is that I'm ok and so are you....... and our children. Please don't push this Draco..... please."

Draco just stared at her, he could see she didn't want to tell him and it made him want to know that much more. "Ginny, I know I have my memories back, but I still want to know the things I did when I wasn't all there..... stop hiding it from me..... I need to know."

Ginny looked away from him and she folded her arms angrily. She let out a defeated sigh and kept her attention on the floor between them.

"Yes, you hurt me...... the first night you were back you tried to kill me. You weren't yourself though.... your mind wasn't right and you were still in defense mode. You went crazy and hit me pretty hard in the face and then tried to choke me. I somehow made it away from you and then...... I ran for my life. You of course got me eventually and almost stabbed me, but Harry stopped you." she cautiously looked up to read his expression and she wished she hadn't. Memories of that night had filled her mind and send a shiver down her spine, but she pushed them aside.

He ran his hands through his hair in frustration and turned away from her. This was exactly why Ginny didn't want to tell him, because she knew he would beat himself up over the entire thing and that was the last thing she wanted.

"Draco, please don't do this...... please don't shut me out now. I don't blame you for anything that happened..... you weren't yourself." she pleaded with him and gently grabbed his arm.

Draco could hear how much she needed him right now and normally he would retreat into himself and keep his distance, but he was done with letting his Father get under his skin and making him do nothing but question his value and anything good that came into his life like he did with his relationship with Ginny. He turned to her and cupped her face in his hands.

"Ginny...... I hope you know I would NEVER intentionally hurt you. I love you so much and I'm so sorry that I did those things to you...... I don't want you to be scared of me or resent me for any of the things I said or did." he said with much emotion.

"I know Draco...... and I don't think any different of you.... I just want to love you now, but I also want you to let me love you."

He gently grabbed her face to his and she felt his lips against hers...... soft and loving. She knew Draco was a bit emotional right now after everything he had been through the past few days and with meeting his children this morning. She knew it was just a matter of time before he and Ron were at each other's throats again like how things use to be and she never thought she would look forward to that moment as much as she was now.

"Ginny.... Draco... you guys alright?" came Hermione's voice from the back door.

They both nodded and Hermione gave them a small smile. "Well your Mother has more wedding questions to swamp you with." she chuckled.

Ginny looked at Draco and a smirk came to her face. "You just had to ask me to marry you, didn't you?"

"What can I say...... you know how Malfoy's can be; when we want something we'll stop at nothing until we get it."

They both laughed and shared another kiss before heading back inside where they were pelted with question after question until finally the twins woke up and Ginny took her opportunity to flee the kitchen.

__________________________________________________________

He looked out the window at the crashing waves against the rocky shore ahead of him; each crashing wave making his blood boil. He then turned his attention to the forest across the way and noticed the many lifeless bodies of Death Eaters strewn about. How Harry and Draco escaped made him quite angry; he saw the massacre of men when he returned to the camp and was completely livid. The thought of his son, the one who was suppose to be the Malfoy heir, the thought of him being shacked up with the Weasley's made him absolutely enraged. He was looking forward to slaughtering the whole lot of them and the thought of this brought an evil smirk to his face.

"Sir....... it's ready, do you want me to send it?" came Percy's voice from the doorway.

Lucius' smile grew even wider and turned even more evil. "Perfect," he drawled, turning around to face Percy.

He gestured to the Death Eater outside the room and they locked the door behind Percy. Lucius approached him slowly and eyed him up and down, then held out his hand and Percy handed him the item while swallowing a rather large lump that formed in his throat.

"You know why I call you by your first name..... Percy?" Lucius asked and then turned away from him and turned his attention to the item in his hand. "Because the very sound of your last name disgusts me; every time I hear it, I want nothing more than to spill the blood of each and every one of you redheaded freaks out there." he hissed angrily, pulling out his wand. He turned back around and smirked at Percy. "I want you to say it."

"But Sir....I-"

"SAY IT!" he bellowed, sending a quick Cruciatus curse on him.

Percy dropped to his knees in pain and then panted for a moment when Lucius released the curse. Lucius brought Percy's chin up with the tip of his wand and looked at him with a maniacal grin.

"Now say it," he whispered so quietly that it made the hairs on the back of Percy's neck stand up.

"W.....Weasl....... Weasley" he stuttered out.

Lucius moved his wand in one quick motion and Percy brought his hands up to his throat and felt the warm liquid spilling from it. Lucius watched with great pleasure as the redhead gasped for air and then slumped to the floor in a pool of his own blood. Lucius' smile was evil, then it turned to one of disgust and he motioned for the guard outside the door to enter.

"Garrett, get somebody in here to clean this up and then send this out immediately." he said, handing the item in his hand to the guard. "Let's see how that happy little family handles this." he drawled, walking back over to the window and looking out of it. "Now it's time to see just how much Draco loves that shameless vile redhead." he said with a conniving smile.

__________________________________________________________

"A PIXIE...... A DRAGON....NO A PIXIE.... OH A GOBLIN, WAIT A WEREWOLF, NO A PIXIE!" Ron yelled.

"HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO GUESS PIXIE, RON!" yelled Ginny. "Harry, just tell us what it is?" she said, rolling her eyes at her brother.

"A Phoenix........really Ron, a pixie?" Harry laughed, taking a seat next to Luna.

"This is why we don't play charades with Ron." George teased, throwing a pillow hard at Ron's face.

Hermione laughed and rubbed Ron's back as he made a face at George, Harry and Ginny.

"Aw, it's ok, Ronald just gets excited, don't you, dear?" said Mrs. Weasley, walking over and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Now come on you lot, let's turn in, it's getting late."

Draco held out his hand and helped Ginny up from the couch and they both made their way upstairs. When they entered her room, she gave a quick check on the babies and they were both still sound asleep. They both threw themselves down on the bed in a messy pile and gave a yawn. Today was the second night that Draco had been back to normal and last night he got a taste of what it's like to be a Father when the twins did nothing but cry all night. They hardly got any sleep and had to eventually put a silencing charm on the room to keep them from waking the entire house.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love hearing the sound of our children sleeping." Ginny laughed.

"It is a rather spectacular sound" Draco agreed with a small laugh of his own.

Draco gave an over exaggerated stretch out on the bed until his hands were in Ginny's face and he used his foot and arm to push her against the wall.

"Stop it," she giggled.

"What? I'm just stretching,"

She poked him in the ribs making him retract his arm and legs against her and then pulled her into a tight hug. Ginny knew he did this to annoy her; he would hug her so tightly and then she would try to squirm out of his bone crushing hug. She normally would just tickle him to get free and it worked every time, but this time he stopped the first time she asked and instead he assaulted her with kisses. He then started to tickle her and she went to make a loud gasp, when he kissed her to keep her quiet.

"Are you trying to wake them up?" he asked with a smirk.

She slapped him on the arm. "Then don't tickle me, I won't be responsible for any injuries you may receive if you do it again." she laughed, as he challenged her and gave a tight squeeze on her thigh, forcing her to laugh into her pillow.

They wrestled and tickled each other for a few more moments when the few kisses they kept exchanging turned into a full on make out session. Soon Draco was on top of her and his hands grazed the band of her pants so that his fingertips were tucked under it. The lower he went the more Ginny's hands traveled his body; also making their way to his waistband. She felt him slip his hand into her pants all the way and then rub her upper thigh. She moaned into his mouth and soon one of her hands slipped into his bottoms and gently touched his very hard erection, but before he could respond there was a baby's cry that rang out through the room. Ginny and Draco just started laughing against each other's lips and soon all hands were above the waist.

"This is your fault you know." Draco smirked, climbing off of Ginny.

"My fault? I told you not to tickle me." she laughed, giving him one last poke in the ribs before jumping off the bed and making her way over to the crying baby.

Ginny picked up Ember and immediately crinkled her nose. "Gosh Ember, you must take after Uncle Ron." she laughed, placing her down on the changing table. "Oh Daddy..... don't you want to change your daughter's diaper?" Ginny teased.

"I suppose.... I do need more practice." he sighed, getting up from the bed.

"I'll go grab bottles for tonight instead...... my boobs are out of order for the moment." Ginny said, making her way to leave when Draco grabbed her hand and spun her back around to face him until she was completely in his arms.

"Does this mean they are out of order for me too?" he smirked, pressing his lips against hers.

She pushed him away after another kiss and smirked back. "Especially you." she teased, then broke free of his grasp and headed downstairs.

Ginny grabbed a bottle out of the fridge and waited for it to heat up; she couldn't stop smiling right now. She was so happy Draco was back to himself; these past two days have been so wonderful with him and her children. She had almost forgotten about the deadly threat that lurked beyond the wards around them, but it had been a while since she felt this happy and she was going to soak it all up as much as she could for the moment.

She gave a small jump when she heard something hit the window of the back door and she made her way over to it and peeked through. She didn't see anyone or anything and then opened the door and stepped out into the night air. She looked around and still didn't see anything and turned to make her way back inside when her foot stepped on something. She looked down and saw a letter on the floor and she bent down and picked it up; studying it carefully. She turned it over to see it addressed to her and a look of surprise covered her face.

"For me? Who would send me a letter?" she said to herself.

She went back inside and checked the bottle real quick and then tested the temperature. After deciding it was a little too hot she stuck it in the freezer to cool down a bit. She turned her attention to the letter on the table and turned it over to make out the seal on the envelope, but there wasn't anything on it, just a plain wax seal. Her name was beautifully written out in a golden ink and she was dying to see what it said. She gently pulled open the seal and unfolded the letter and as soon as she did a small cloud of green smoke exploded in her face and she started violently coughing. She fell to the floor gasping for air, she felt the smoke fill her lungs and block all air from getting into them. Her eyes started to water and her mouth was wide open, trying to get oxygen of any kind and then she saw a steady stream of smoke flow around her and into her mouth. As soon as this mysterious green stream filled her lungs, she felt relief and she finally got the air she was frantically searching for.

She stood up suddenly and felt a bit disoriented and ran to the sink and cupped handfuls of water into her mouth and splashed some on her face. She turned around and looked at the letter on the table and heard someone coming downstairs and she quickly grabbed it and stuffed it into one of the junk drawers by the back door.

"Ginny? Are you almost done with that bottle? Ember has a bad temper just like her Mother." Draco teased.

Ginny quickly wiped her face with a towel. "Uh, yeah, I'm coming." she said quickly, snatching the bottle out of the freezer and heading upstairs.

She went into the room and pushed the bottle quickly into Draco's hand and slid into the bed facing the wall and covering herself with the blankets.

"Are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm just not feeling too good suddenly...... I need to lay down."

Draco looked at the back of her head with a raised eyebrow. "Alright....... I think Mommy is just trying to get out of feeding you." Draco said to Ember. "But I suppose that's alright since she's been doing a lot more than Daddy has." he said, gently sticking the bottle into Ember's mouth.

Ginny just listened to Draco talking to Ember and her eyes became watery as she felt very odd all of a sudden. Who sent that letter? She kept thinking to herself, and more importantly, why the hell would she open it? She was suddenly met by darkness as her eyes slowly closed; taking her into a deep sleep.

___________________________________________________________

Ginny snapped her eyes open and sat up with a jolt looking frantically around. She saw it was the morning and she looked to her side to see Draco was already up and noticed the cribs were empty. She wiped the tears that she must have shed during the nightmare she just had, but it seemed so real to her. She just remembered seeing so much blood in the dream and the horrible things she did in it to Draco and her babies. She remembered in the dream she stabbed them all to death and just thinking about the nightmare brought tears to her eyes again. She was shaking from how real it all felt and she quickly went to get out of bed when her hand hit something hard sitting beside her and she turned to see what it was.

Ginny eyes went wide in shock when she saw a rather large knife lying beside her half tucked under her pillow. She jumped out of the bed and fell to the floor from how much her body was trembling. She quickly threw on her clothes and grabbed the knife and tucked into the back of her pants; she was so confused and scared right now about what she just discovered and wanted to just return the knife back downstairs before anyone saw it.

She made her way downstairs and breathed a sigh of relief to see Hermione feeding Scorpius and Luna holding Ember. She turned her attention to Draco, who was talking to Harry about something she couldn't make out and she quietly made her way over to the knife drawer.

"Morning, dear, go sit down, I'll get you some breakfast." Mrs. Weasley said with her back turned towards Ginny as she set a dish down in front of George.

"Oh ok, uh, yeah.......just...ok thanks." she stammered as she faced the table and discreetly slid the knife out of the back of her pants and into the drawer behind her.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked her as she took a seat across from him. "You don't look too good, are you getting sick?" he asked, taking in her very pale complexion and clammy skin.

In a moment Mrs. Weasley had her hands on Ginny's forehead and started asking her all these questions about what hurts.

"I'm fine, Mom, really," she said, shooting Draco a look. "On second thought..."

Ginny quickly got up and ran into the downstairs bathroom and threw up; she was a complete mess right now. All she kept thinking was how that knife got into her bed last night and wondered if that dream was just a nightmare or if it was a vision of what was to come. She started sobbing as the images of the nightmare flooded her mind again until it became so unbearable to see that she made two tight fists and dug her nails deeply into her palms until she felt her warm blood fill them. She snapped out of it and then looked at her hands.

"What's wrong with me?" she whispered, looking at herself in the mirror. "What's happening?" she cried; quickly throwing the water on and rinsing her hands and then her mouth out.

She opened her eyes and looked in the mirror and saw blood all over her face and then she looked down and her hands were covered in it also. Her breath caught in her throat and she backed up against the wall and slid down it; grabbing a towel off the rack and wiping her face clean. When she pulled the towel away from her face, she saw it was clean and so were her hands, there wasn't any blood anywhere, besides the little bit of blood from her nails digging into her. She jumped back up and looked in the mirror and just saw her pale face and tear stained cheeks staring back at her.

Ginny ripped open the bathroom door and ran out of it and right into Draco. He grabbed her before she could run off and looked at her.

"Ginny are you ok?" he looked at her with concerned eyes.

"Yes.....yes, I'm fine, I just had a bad dream and I'm pretty shaken up over it is all." she said, looking at her hands once more and feeling her face for any blood residue.

Draco pulled her into a hug. "Come on, why don't you go lay back down and rest for the day; you look like death."

She nodded and then let him lead her back up to her bedroom.

___________________________________________________________

Ginny woke up in her bedroom that late afternoon to the sound of Ember crying quite loudly. She turned over to face the crib and watched Ember's tiny hands reach up as she cried. Ginny gave a bright smile and then threw the blankets off of herself and walked over to the crib and just watched her for a moment. The piercing cries reached her ears again and Ginny gently reached down and held the baby out in front of her; just letting Ember's little body hang there crying at arm's length. She just watched her as she cried and Ginny's smile faded and she turned angry, tightening her grip on the tiny baby. Ginny suddenly threw Ember's tiny body hard against the wall and then the sound of Draco's voice brought her back to reality.

"Ginny?" he called to her.

She turned to look at him watching her.

"Are you going to pick her up? She's crying," he said, gesturing to Ember crying in the crib.

Ginny looked down into the crib and then over to the wall where she had envisioned throwing her daughter. She turned back to Draco and then fled from the room and into the bathroom as tears ran down her face.

"No, no,no, no, no, no, no........ I would never do that......I WOULD NEVER HURT THEM!" she screamed to herself, slumping to the floor in a sobbing mess.

She heard breathing behind her and felt someones breath gently hit her neck and she whipped her head around to find nobody there. She heard a faint voice, like someone taunting her and she covered her ears and hugged her knees to her chest.

"Leave me alone." she said with a muffled cry.

What was going on? Was she losing her mind? Was she going insane? Why was she having nightmares and visions about killing her children and Draco? Her nerves were making her nauseous and she once again found herself flung over the toilet throwing up. She gave a final spit into the toilet and then pulled herself up and flung her body over the sink and desperately tried to cup water into her mouth with her trembling hands. She ran her fingers through her hair and looked at herself in the mirror; she noticed the dark circles forming under her eyes and how bloodshot they were. She felt like she was burning up and she had a throbbing headache; making the room start to spin. She laid her cheek against the cool tile floor and let the coldness soothe her a bit.

"Ginny?........Ginny? Are you alright?..........GINNY?" Draco called through the bathroom door.

He muttered a quick unlocking spell and opened the door to find her on the floor. He ran to her side and picked her up in his lap and saw her hair and clothes were drenched in sweat. Her eyes suddenly fluttered open and looked at him.

"Hey...... are you alright? You've been in here for almost an hour. Here, let's take this off." He said, pulling off her over shirt so that she was just wearing a tank top. "Let's get you down to Madame Pomfrey, I think you have the flu or something." he said, scooping her up in his arms.

Once Draco got Ginny downstairs to the living room couch, Mrs. Weasley and Madame Pomfrey were both by her side in an instant. Ginny was in and out of it the whole time; she felt like she was in a trance and just watched the two of them take her temperature and feel her glands and anything else that seemed applicable. Ginny finally reached up and pushed Madame Pomfrey's hand away from her, but the woman just ignored Ginny's desire to not have her touch her and proceeded to still poke and prod her. Ginny lifted her hand up and slapped Madame Pomfrey hard across the face, causing the woman to stagger backwards and look at Ginny with a shocked expression. It wasn't just Madame Pomfrey, who looked shocked at Ginny's sudden outburst, but everyone in the room had eyes on her.

"GINEVRA! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Mrs. Weasley yelled at her with anger.

Ginny quickly got up from the couch, but her Mother grabbed her arm tightly and kept her from walking any further. "Apologize now Ginny" her Mother demanded.

"Let go of me" Ginny said.

"Not until you explain yourself" Mrs. Weasley snapped.

"LET GO OF ME!" Ginny screamed, ripping her arm out of her Mother's grasp and went to make her way upstairs when this time Draco stopped her.

"Hey.....Ginny, calm down..... what's going on?" he asked her, looking into her eyes to try and understand what she was thinking.

Ginny was breathing heavy and then she let out a shaky breath and turned back around to Madame Pomfrey. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that....... I think I'm just not feeling myself today is all."

Madame Pomfrey gave her a small smile and nodded that she understood and then gestured for Ginny to come sit back down so she can evaluate her further.

"I'm going to go finish up dinner and then we'll get you something to eat, dear since you slept through lunch." Mrs. Weasley said, giving Ginny a quick rub on the back and hurried off into the kitchen.

Madame Pomfrey looked at the small cuts on Ginny's palms from where she dug her nails into them earlier and Gnny quickly pulled her hands away and turned her head away from the woman.

"It seems like you're sweating out a nasty fever, my dear, I think some food will do you some good right now. Here, take this potion; it will help give you some energy while you kick this fever." she said with a smile.

Ginny swallowed the potion and then got up from the couch and joined the others at the kitchen table. She saw Draco staring at her and for some reason it was bothering her and making her even more irritated.

"What?" she snapped at him.

He just shook his head, "Nothing"

She sat there for the next half hour just listening to the conversation around the table until her Mother finally had served dinner. Ginny felt McGonagall's eyes on her and knew the woman had raised eyebrows about Ginny's behavior which made Ginny feel even more uncomfortable. She kept thinking about the letter sitting in the drawer near the back door and wanted to tell them about it, but something inside of her kept keeping her from bringing it up.

Ginny sat there picking at her food and just kept feeling nothing but a throbbing headache and she was feeling a bit dizzy. She heard someone laugh at the other end of the table and she snapped her head up to see Professor Warren sitting at the other end with an evil grin. She let out a loud gasp and jumped from her seat, knocking it to the floor and pulled out her wand and pointed it at him.

"Ginny? What's wrong?" Draco asked, following her gaze down the table to where she was looking, but the only person sitting down there was Mr. Weasley. Even Arthur turned behind him to see what she was looking at.

Ginny tried to catch her breath and then closed her eyes and opened them again and saw that Warren was no longer there. She cautiously picked up her chair and sat back down with wide eyes and she kept whipping her head all around her to make sure he wasn't there. She knew everyone had eyes on her and that they thought she was losing it.........was she? She felt the tears swell up in her eyes; she felt trapped and wanted to say something and scream for help, but she couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

"Alright, well I can't seem to get this little guy down to sleep so he's going to hang down here with us for a bit."Narcissa said, walking down stairs with Scorpius in her arms. "He's a bit fussy tonight..... maybe he wants one of you guys?" she said, gesturing to Draco and Ginny.

Ginny looked away from Narcissa; she just couldn't hold him after the horrible things she kept envisioning.

"I'll take him for now, you guys finish up first." Mrs. Weasley said, taking Scorpius from Narcissa and sitting at the table.

All Ginny could focus on was the mild fussing her son was making; the sound of it was piercing through her brain and her leg starting shaking from how much she was getting irritated by it. She rubbed the sides of her head, trying to relieve the pressure inside it. The fussing continued and her Mother tried soothing him, but all she wanted was for the sound to stop ripping through her and she closed her eyes to try and calm herself.

"Shut up," she whispered.

Draco snapped his head towards her and so did Ron, who was sitting on the other side of her.

"What Gin?" Ron asked.

"Shut him up." she said a bit louder.

"Shut who up?" Draco asked her.

"THE BABY! SHUT HIM UP!"

Everyone was staring at her and the baby started crying a bit more now.

"Ginny-" Draco started.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" she screamed, standing up suddenly as a fiery flame whipped through her hair.

"GINNY! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Draco yelled with anger in his voice, but his eyes filled with worry.

Ginny looked around the table and she turned to Ron, who was backed away from her after seeing her powers come about.

"I'm sorry..... it's just this headache is killing me..... I-" she stopped talking and turned around to see who was there. "Go away," she whispered to herself.

She covered her ears, but felt breathing against her skin and she quickly backed away from the table. She knew she must look like a complete nutcase right now.

"Luna, take the baby upstairs for me please." Mrs. Weasley said, handing the baby to Luna and then walking over to Ginny. "Ginny? What's going on? Look at me." she said, gently turning Ginny's face up to hers.

Ginny quickly turned her face away from her Mother and gently pushed her away. "No..... just get back..... please." she said, hugging her arms tightly.

"Poppy? What's wrong with her?" McGonagall asked.

"I don't know Minerva, she did have a pretty high fever, perhaps she is just hallucinating."

McGonagall nodded and turned her attention to Draco. "Mr. Malfoy, perhaps it's best if you take Miss Weasley up to bed for the night."

Draco gave a small nod and went to get up to help Ginny upstairs when he watched as she dug her nails into her arms and dragged her fingers down them causing a thin trail of blood the entire way.

"STOP THAT GINNY!" he said, grabbing her hands.

"I can't sleep in that room," she said suddenly with fear in her eyes.

"Why not?"

"It's not safe." she cried, trying to get what she wanted to say out before she became unable to speak again.

"Of course it's safe Gin-"

"For you....... it's not safe for you.... or them." she gestured with her eyes to the ceiling to indicate the twins upstairs.

"Why isn't it safe for us?" he asked her, watching her erratic behavior the entire time.

She started laughing suddenly which made the hairs on the back of Draco's neck stand up and caused Ron to grip Hermione's hand with how maniacal Ginny sounded.

"Because I'm going to kill you's....... tonight......I'm going to murder you all in your sleep." she laughed, looking straight into Draco's eyes as hers turned to two black orbs.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Mrs. Weasley yelled, appalled at what she heard from Ginny's mouth.

Ginny's eyes didn't leave Draco's the entire time; he looked angry, but not at her, at the situation....... he knew something was wrong.

"It's true, though..... I really am.... I woke up this morning with a knife in my bed and I dreamt that I-"

Mrs. Weasley slapped Ginny across the face to make her shut up. "DON'T YOU EVER SPEAK LIKE THAT AGAIN GINEVRA!" she shouted with her own tears filling her eyes.

Ginny slid down the wall into a ball on the floor and started crying. "I'm sorry...... I don't know what's wrong with me." she sobbed.

Draco knelt down beside her and whispered in her ear. "I love you Ginny....... please remember that..... I know you would never hurt any of us."

She looked up at him with teary eyes and then threw her arms around his neck and sobbed into his chest uncontrollably.

"Poppy, did you ever finish that dreamless sleep potion?" McGonagall asked.

Madame Pomfrey nodded and went over to her bag to grab it.

"I think you should take this Miss Weasley for tonight and get some much needed rest." McGonagall said.

Madame Pomfrey handed the vial to Draco and then he helped Ginny upstairs to her bedroom.

"He fell asleep." Luna said quietly, walking past them out of the bedroom with a small smile.

"Thanks Luna" Draco said, leading Ginny into the room.

Once they were in her bedroom, he closed the bedroom door and turned around to see Ginny staring at the two cribs in front of her. He studied her facial expression and realized she looked scared......of what he had no idea, but he was worried about her. She walked closer to the cribs and looked down at both of them and she cautiously reached her hand out to gently stroke Scorpius' head, but she stopped a few inches from the sleeping baby and retracted her hand. She glanced at Draco for a moment who was watching her intently and she walked over to sit on the bed and he joined her.

"Do these hurt?" he said, tracing his fingers over the small scratches she gave herself.

She shook her head. "I'm going to get changed."

Draco got up and grabbed her a pair of pajamas from the dresser and handed them to her. She wouldn't look at him and her black eyes seemed to be empty and just stared off into space.

"Do you want me to help you change?"

She shook her head no.

Draco let out a sigh and squatted down in front of her. "Ginny........ did something happen? Please talk to me." he pleaded with her.

Her eyes lowered to meet his and she felt a warmness start to fill her heart and she quickly tried to get out what she wanted to say. "Last night I got a......a...-" she stopped suddenly when it felt like she was being choked and she gave a small cough.

"A what?" Draco urged her on.

Why couldn't she talk? The inability to say what she wanted frightened her and not having any control over her actions frightened her even more.

"Last night I got a...... a really bad stomach ache..... so I'm sure I'll be back to myself by the morning." she lied, avoiding his gaze.

He just stared at her; he didn't believe her, of course, but he nodded for the time being. She quickly threw on her pajamas and then slid into bed and threw back the potion that Draco handed her. Within minutes she was fast asleep and Draco laid beside her just watching her; he wasn't buying the whole being sick thing...... even when Ginny was near death from that poisonous arrow she didn't act like this. He kept his eyes on her the entire time, watching her chest rise and fall as she slept until sleep finally overcame him as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story