Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines Re-Write

“- And also, if I say you need to back out then you need to back out because it means that it’s too dangerous.” The girls were in the back of the impala while Dean drove. He’d been explaining the rules since he’d agreed to let them come and he still hadn’t finished “And you won’t be getting a weapon either. You’re nowhere near skilled enough-”

“Dean, hun, I’m starting to fall asleep with the amount of rules you’re listing.” Penina said, pretending to snore “Why can’t we just wing it and hope for the best?”

“Because personally, I don’t want you to end up dead.” Dean said.

“You said you wouldn’t let us die.” Hozzie said worriedly.

“And I’m not!”

“Dean, you’re freaking Hozzie out.”

“I didn’t say anything!”

“You’re both freaking me out, I didn’t even wanna come.” Hozzie said.

“Great, I’ll take you both back.”

“No, we want to come.” Penina nudged Hozzie “Come on, you want to meet Castiel don’t you?”

Hozzie sighed “Yeah, I do.”

“We’ll be fine Dean.” Penina said “Where are we going?”

“Not too far from here. Cas is staying in a motel not too far from here.”

“Why is he staying in a motel?” Hozzie asked “Why doesn’t he stay with you and Sam?”

There was a small silence “It’s not safe. There are angels after him-” Dean started.

“Then surely it would make sense if he stayed with you and Sam?” Penina asked “It would be safer for him.”

“But not... Look, I can’t go into details, okay? I just know that it’s not safe enough.” Dean said “So anyway, like I was saying, it should hopefully be a simple hunt and we’ll be back tonight.”

Dean started talking about how to kill certain types of supernatural beings and getting them informed on pretty much everything but the girls weren’t so easily distracted. They knew there was a bigger reason behind why Castiel couldn’t stay at the bunker with them. From the look they exchanged with each other, they knew they were going to find out what it was.



About fifteen minutes later they pulled up outside of a crumbly looking motel “Is this where Castiel is staying?” Penina asked “Because it looks disgusting. Would you stay there?”

“I’ve stayed in loads of motels, some way worse than this one.” Dean said, honking the horn so Castiel would know he was outside “Cas will be fine, trust me.”

“But he’s an angel, he shouldn’t be staying somewhere like this.” Penina said.

The door to the impala swung open and a man with short black hair and a trench coat sat in the passenger’s seat “Hello Dean.” He said, then turned in his seat “Um...”

“This is Castiel?” Penina asked “I thought you’d look a bit more... Like... I don’t know. Wings and the whole deal.”

Castiel sighed “I don’t have my wings anymore. That’s kind of the problem.”

Penina bit her lip “Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Sorry.”

Castiel smiled “So, you seem to know who I am... Who are you two?”

“They’re mine and Sam’s younger sisters. It’s a long story. That one’s Penina and that’s Hozzie.”

“... And you thought it would be a good idea to bring them on a hunt?”

“Yes. I thought it would give us a good chance to bond- No! I didn’t think it was a good idea. But they insisted so I ended up bringing them.”

“And we’re gonna do a great job.” Penina said with a smile “So what exactly are we doing?”

“I believe there is a haunted house a few minutes away from here.” Castiel said “A young teenage couple went in and they haven’t come out since. People in this town are afraid to go in there so there hasn’t been an official search party. They’ve believed that house is haunted for years.”

“God, have they never seen a horror film?” Dean said, rolling his eyes “People man...”

“Me and Hozzie snuck into what people said was a haunted house once.” Penina said “Well, Hozzie didn’t want to. But I made her. It wasn’t really haunted though. It wasn’t actually that scary. Until we went upstairs and found a bunch of druggies. That was way scarier than a ghost.” Penina laughed and Hozzie smiled at the memory of the two of them running from the house, shrieking their heads off. They’d been so scared that they hadn’t slept for two nights.

“Never ever enter a place that people say is haunted.” Dean said “It’s never worth taking the chance.”

“Yeah, yeah okay Buzz Killington, we learnt our lesson.” Penina said “No more haunted houses since. Well, except for the one we’re literally about to enter.”

“It should be pretty straightforward. The family who inhabited the house are buried in the garden.” Castiel said “It’s essentially a mansion. The family have been deceased for a long time.”

“Then why haven’t they burned down the house or demolished it or something?” Penina asked.

“Heritage or something.” Castiel said “They want to keep it up.”

“That’s so lame.” Penina said.

“Tell me about it.” Dean said “Would’ve saved us a lot of trouble.”

“Well it gives us something to do.” Penina said excitedly, looking out the window “Are we there yet?”

“Have I stopped the car?”

“Uh no-”

“Well there’s your answer.”

Penina groaned and rolled her eyes. She was just looking forward to her first hunt. Hozzie looked out her window nervously. She definitely wasn’t looking forward to their first hunt.
Sign up to rate and review this story