Categories > Books > Harry Potter > When Fate Changes (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 1

by rena_lol_ikr 0 reviews

"I'm a Malfoy, I always get what I want" She is a typical Gryffindor, and he is a typical Slytherin. But something about her makes him want more, he is obsessed with her but she is not and he is d...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-06-19 - 1051 words

0Unrated
Reyna's P.O.V

"Reyna darling! Are you done packing my dear? You really mustn't miss the train this year!" I heard my mother shout. You see, I had missed the Hogwarts Express last year and Mom and Dad had to send me to Hogsmeade via apparation. And let me tell you that it was a terrible experience I have told myself never to repeat it again! I had to experience the sick feeling of apparating where I go all dizzy and felt as if I would never be able to breathe again! But the worst part was that I had to wait outside the gates for hours as the Hogwarts Express does not arrive till night time. Urgh, there was absolutely nothing to keep me occupied other than shopping at Hogsmeade but even that cannot keep me from feeling bored. "Coming Mother! Just give me a sec-" And that was when I looked at the time-10.56! WHAT?! "Mother! Do you actually realize that it is 10.56?! The Hogwarts Express leaves at 11! How am I supposed to get there on time and catch the train?!" I shouted furiously. "Sweetheart, we are apparating there, we could reach there in less than a minute! And I told you to hurry up from the start like since 10 didn't I? Blame yourself if you missed the train again. You consider yourself lucky that your Father and I are willing to accompany you to apparate you to Hogsmeade should you miss the train! Most parents-" But my mother was cut off before she could say any more about how fortunate I am to have parents like them as always. "Eesh! Mother! I'm COMING NOW!" I yelled back angrily. Really now, this was not the time to be telling me over and over again about how great they (my parents) were!

*
"This is all your own fault Reyna! Nothing but yours! I told you time and time again to pack a week before and I reminded you of the time and at that rate you were packing, really, I would hardly be surprised that you missed the train this year once again! And now we still have got to-" My ever-strict-about-everything mother stopped most abruptly to my surprise, because this hardly-, wait no, this NEVER happens. And I turned around to see who my savior was and also who had attracted my mother's attention. And to my utter disgust, it was Draco Malfoy and his mother, Narcissa, whom I have nothing against, and his father, Lucius Malfoy, in which I have not yet talked to but judging by how Harry wrote in a letter to me about the rude encounter with the Malfoys at the Qudditch World Cup, I really do not want to have to engage Mr Malfoy in a conversation. "Lucius," My father who had not said a single word during the whole time nodded curtly at Lucius while my Mother did the same to Narcissa. And the Malfoys did so in return. Hmmm, funny, it was as if they know one another. But I suppose that would hardly be surprising since the two of our families were pure blood families. Malfoy and I on the other hand just sneered at one another. We were sworn arch enemies since the start of first year.

*
FLASHBACK

"Malfoy!" Young Crabbe burst into the compartment I was sharing with Malfoy, whom I did not knew then. "Have you heard? The Famous Harry Potter is on the Hogwarts Express! Malfoy!" This seemed to caught Malfoy's attention as he was staring out of the window dreamily. Urgh. "Are you serious? Crabbe, this is important! Have you made friends with him?" Malfoy asked. Crabbe shook his head quickly. "You idiot! How could you not?! It is important to have a good relationship with the famous Harry Potter! Crabbe, you idio-" And that was when I could no longer stand it. How could this boy have no proper manners at all?! How could he constantly call his friend an idiot?! "Stop calling your friend an idiot! Don't you have any manners at all?" I said. Malfoy turned an his angry face at me and snapped, "If you had any sense at all girl, you would understand that this has got nothing to do with you at all! Who are you anyway? Must be a muggle born who so badly wishes to be put in the Nerdy Hufflepuff House." WHAT?! "For your information "little boy", I'm a Pure Blood and for the record, I DO NOT plan to get sorted into Hufflepuff!" I retorted,emphasizing the Pure Blood part. Malfoy looked stunned for a moment when I said that I was a pure blood. He must not have been expecting that then. Hmph."A pure blood? Interesting...Then you must be in Slytherin then, just like me!" He said proudly. This was absurd! And I told Malfoy in the face that the Sorting Ceremony has not yet began and that I would not WISH to be in a particular house but rather let the Hat make the right decision for me. And that seemed to piss Malfoy off because he immediately called me a blood-traitor without hesitation and left the compartment with his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle, murmuring something about not wanting to be in the same compartment as Blood-Traitors.

~FLASHBACK OVER~

*
Malfoy did not even pay any attention to me since that incident other then sneering and snapping at me jut like how he does to anyone who is not in Slytherin. But my association with the Golden Trio just made it even worse, although it is not like I care about crazy Malfoy anyway. "I see that you guys have missed the train,Isabelle,"Narcissa said, snapping me out of my thoughts instantly with that sharp voice of hers. "I see you have too, Narcissa. You were hardly one to be late when we were younger. Always on the right track, but perhaps times have changed. Shall we apparate to Hogsmeade together then, assuming that that's what you are planning to do?"My mother said. Wait-WHAT?! Oh so the fact that I missed the train again was not bad enough? Now I have to travel with the Malfoys of all people?! Really? What a great way to start the term, Mother!
Sign up to rate and review this story