Categories > Celebrities > Michael Jackson > Changing Destiny

Prologue

by Lady1Venus 0 reviews

Lorna McCall, a hotel desk clerk, runs from kidnappers and winds up in California

Category: Michael Jackson - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-06-30 - Updated: 2015-07-02 - 2020 words

1Exciting
Author’s Notes: This is the very first story I ever wrote for MJ. I had played with the idea of what if MJ survived and lived on. So now here’s my interoperation of that idea to see what would come of his life and what sort of life projects the Earth would be involved in. I’m dedicating this story to the King of Pop, himself.

I always believe he was innocent through all of it and believe he should have been treated better, but we can’t change the pass, only write about it in what it could have been…what it should have been. This story has 34 chapters and a prologue with over 150,000 words. Written back in Aug 2009 - Dec 2009. Story is complete

For the record this story has many genres, including romance.
Rated: Teen (romance, violence and mild swearing)
Genre: Romance/Family/Adventure/Hurt-Comfort/Angst

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing Destiny
Prologue

Lorna McCall was an ordinary woman with a job to live by. She was a 35-year-old woman who lived in a small bachelor apartment with no TV, but owned a two-year-old computer with the Internet. The rest of her furniture consisted of a small bed and nightstand in one corner and a small desk with her computer and printer in another corner. The kitchen, which wasn’t even big enough to fit a table, but had all the other needs of a kitchen, was separate from the main area, with a wall dividing both rooms and a small bathroom.

Lorna current resided in the city of Las Vegas where she had lived since she was 16 when her family moved there because of her father’s job. However, by the time Lorna was 18, her father had mysteriously died. Lorna always felt foul play was involved but could never prove it. Three years ago, when Lorna was 32, her mother passed away from cancer. Now she was alone and became a hermit, more or less.

She hated living in Vegas and hated her job, working daytime hours as a desk clerk for a hotel and lived across the street from it, which made her life a little easier. She hated the people around her and feared for her life everyday. But she did have to live. She didn’t really have many friends and the friends she did have were not always that nice to her. Sometimes they totally understood her life and other times not. Getting off work was her favorite time of day. She would soon have enough money to forever leave the city and go back to her roots of Canada, in the Province of Ontario.

As the supper rush started, Lorna started to make her way across the street to her apartment. As she approached the building, she felt something was out of place. Her feelings were quick to be confirmed when a hand came out from out of nowhere, covering her mouth.

Heart hammering in her chest Lorna tried to struggle free from her attacker. Another arm wrapped around her waist, preventing her from escaping. Her purse fell from her shoulder, dropping to the ground, immediately ruling out robbery. The worse part of the situation, there was not one single person on the street.

“Hurry up!” a voice snapped. As a van pulled up and the side door opened. The kidnapper pulled Lorna over to the van before throwing her in. The force of the push slammed Lorna’s body against the side of the van, knocking her out. Everything around her went dark as the vehicle began to move.

The next thing she knew, Lorna could feel her legs and arms were bound, but that was all she noticed. Without having to open her eyes, she knew she was blindfolded and something was in her mouth, preventing her from talking. She could still feel clothing on her so she knew who ever took hadn’t done anything to her yet, but she was sure they were going to. She wanted to scream but logically that was the worse thing to do. She was taught at a young age to not panic, just take in the surroundings and listen. Go with the flow and when the time was right, escape. Lorna forced herself to stay calm and quietly listen as if she was still knocked out.

“Why the hell did you grab her?!” a female voice snapped.

“She’s part of the plan,” a male voice answered gruffly. “She’ll make all our dreams come true. I promise.”

“Why can’t we have a little fun?” another male voice said. This voice was less gruff but still sounded creepy.

“You will not touch her!” the female growled. “That is not what she’s here for, you got that.”

“What plan?” another voice, female but younger asked.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out,” the gruff male answered. “Now shut up and keep your pretty little head in watching her. You are to tell me when she’s awake.”

Lorna was now grateful for the lessons she learnt as a kid. They seriously thought she was still unconscious. She could feel herself lying sideways; legs bent, hands behind her back, against a wall. The floor beneath her felt very hard and uncomfortable and could feel a chill go through her body. The only conclusion she could draw out was she was lying on cement, no doubt in a basement of sorts. As she listened to the two men and two women speak, she was able to learn only a few hours passed by since she was taken since they nabbed her. But what was the plan the first spoke ok?

Lorna was suddenly kicked in the ribs, forcing her to wake. She could not remember when she had fallen sleep in the uncomfortable position but now that was the least of her worries. The bonds on her legs were instantly cut, which meant she knew what was about to happen but she wasn’t going to let it happen. She had to think fast to get away, as the man was now gripping her shoulders.

Cringing in pain from the grip, Lorna felt there was now an opening and she took it. Pushing up, she rammed both feet into the man’s legs. He slammed into the floor with a scream of pain. Lorna’s shoulders were released, forcing her to land on her butt. Scrambling to her feet and with the adrenalin rush, pumping through her veins, she was able to snap her bindings on her wrists. Now able to remove her gag and blindfold, she ignored the burning hot pain in her ribs and wrists. She had to get out of there before the man was able to recover.

With the ability now to see, she could see she was indeed in a basement with no windows. She ran from her position as fast as possible and soon found herself running up a set up stairs with a door at the very top. She pulled at the door, finding it easy for her to open. But before able to fully open the door, her would be attacker was making his way up the stairs and was almost in hands reach. For the first time she was able to see the man was a big man.

In quick action, taught to her when she was younger, she gave a quick round kick into his gut, sending the big man back down the stairs, backwards. A normal kick like that would not have fazed him, but where he was still on the stairs, it was enough for him to lose his footing. That gave Lorna the time she needed to run out and into the street. The building she was in had a basement exit to the street. Considering it was well into night, Lorna had no idea what the time was but guessed it was nearing on ten at night.

She ran as fast as she could down a street not stopping for anything not even for the pain in her ribs or wrists. The thoughts of her bleeding crossed her mind but she couldn’t stop to find out. She had to keep moving, to get away from her attacker.

Coming upon a delivery truck, stopped at a liquor store, Lorna thought perhaps that would be her ticket to safety. When the driver wasn’t looking, she climbed into the truck, in hopes the truck would be making another delivery in another location. Once in a good hiding spot, Lorna finally took the moment to check to see if she was bleeding, but continued to ignore the pain. Several minutes went by when the driver got back into the truck drove away. The air was cold, in the back, but Lorna didn’t care. All she cared about was getting away.

The next time the Truck stopped. The driver pulled at a box where Lorna was hiding, finding her.

“What the hell are you doing in my truck!” he bellowed.

Lorna jumped from fright, thinking the voice was her attacker. From the pain, she wasn’t able to properly hear correctly. She was quick to sprint off, not paying attention where she was. Before she knew it she was jumping into another transport truck full of supplies. She was completely petrified of being chased down by her attacker. Time seemed to have ticked on and Lorna had completely no sense of the time or where she was. After what seemed like forever, the truck stopped again with daylight filtering into the truck. Immediately thinking she was found again, she dove out of the truck, surprising the workers.

“What the hell!” he snapped as a woman jumped out from behind a crate. The woman ran past him and didn’t stop. “Get back here bitch!” he yelled.

Lorna heard the man yelling at her. She picked up speed, running from the place of business, which happened to be a super market. She had no idea where she was, but knew she wasn’t in Las Vegas anymore. All that was going through her mind was pain, fear fatigue and hunger, but she didn’t stop. For two days straight Lorna kept running, startling truck drivers, which would chase after her. And each time she ran, she always felt the dread it was her attacker.

Finally, her body began to shut down and she was forced to stop running. She was now cold, hungry, soar and tired. She didn’t think she was going to be able to move anymore. The only thing she knew was it was late in the afternoon. Tears sprang from her eyes, as her breathing was very rigged. Where was she?

She could hear young voices coming from the side of her, but she didn’t pay attention as she was trying to keep herself standing. She heard another voice suddenly.

“What is it children?” a soft voice asked.

Hearing the voice caused Lorna to waver and her body suddenly slammed to a halt. She couldn't tell if the voice was male or female. With blurry eyes, she could see she was in front of a gate and trees surrounded around it. As she looked, her knees gave out. Her body fell, now on hands and knees, trying to force herself to stay conscious. Faint sounds were coming from somewhere, but she couldn’t concentrate on where it was coming from.

“Quickly get the others,” the soft voice rushed.

Lorna felt her world begin to fade into darkness but not before she felt her arms give out and she began to fall forward. The ground never came as something was now propping her up.

“I got you.”

Lorna tried to speak but as her mouth moved to say ‘help me’ no sound came out. Either the person holding her saw what her mouth was trying to say or the person knew what she wanted. Whatever the reason was, Lorna heard the soft voice say as the darkness full took her.

“You’re safe now, I promise.”
Sign up to rate and review this story