Categories > Celebrities > Michael Jackson > Changing Destiny

Chapter 1 - Meeting One Another

by Lady1Venus 0 reviews

Lorna meets her rescuer face to face

Category: Michael Jackson - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2015-07-01 - Updated: 2015-07-02 - 3586 words

0Unrated
Author’s Notes: Most people will be fictional though, including the doctor. I will not use Dr. Murray, for how that fateful day will go will be nothing like what happened, considering he will live. Remember everyone this is basically pure fictional other than the Jackson family, I may or may not have all characteristics right.

Changing Destiny
Chapter 1 - Meeting One Another

Softness was the first thing her senses grasped onto. The softness gave her a friendly and welcoming feeling. Softness? Why was she feeling softness? She didn’t own soft blankets. She tried to force her eyes to open and as she did so, more of her senses came to life. She knew by the feel of the blankets and what was under her, she was in a bedroom. A gentle warm breeze from an opened window could be felt from somewhere to her left blew through with morning sunlight. She wasn’t sure where she was, but knew wherever she was had warm weather. In the Southern US, it was normal to have warm weather, even for it being the end of December.

Within moments she finally was able to open her eyes. It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the light. She found herself lying in a double size bed with beautiful blankets around her. The room was painted in hues of soft blues and greens. Even the drapes on the windows and the bedding matched the colors of the room. A fireplace sat a little past the foot of the bed with a wall mount TV above it.

“You’re awake,” a voice said.

Lorna’s head snapped to her right side as a female voice startled her. She nearly cringed as she turned considering her muscles were nearly beyond bearable tolerance for pain. She could see a woman looking at her with concern. The woman wasn’t small but was tall. She had a dark complexion. Her features did not appear African American. Perhaps she was part native or some other dark complexion group of people. The woman’s hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail and she looked close to middle age.

“Welcome back,” the woman said with relief. “You had Mr. Jackson very worried a couple times, considering you had a high fever and were deprived of food and water.”

Lorna did her best to give an odd look to the name ‘Mr. Jackson’. What was this woman talking about? Lorna went to open her mouth to speak but no sound came out as she tried to speak.

The woman must have noticed this as she gave a look of concern. “Oh dear. Mr. Jackson may not like this. You can’t speak. Probably due to the abuse your body overtook.”

“How is she?” a soft, but yet gentle voice asked as someone else entered the room.

Lorna looked past the woman and suddenly her eyes widened in shock. Standing before her, stopping at the foot of the bed was a man she never thought she would ever meet in her life. Many women dreamt of meeting him or even having him stand at the foot of their bed. He looked regal in his black clothes, shoulder length soft black hair and pale skin. But she would not, could not mistaken his looks from TV. Though his looks was nothing compared to what the tabloids said about him. She knew he was slightly tall, but seeing him in the flesh, didn’t do justice. Standing before her, was the King of Pop. Michael Jackson.

He looked at her and he knew right away she knew who he was. He wondered if she would suddenly freak out, spouting off what the tabloids were always calling him, which sickened him to no end. He hated it. But what he hated even more was what had happened to him in the last four years.

“Mr. Jackson,” the woman said. “She just woke a few minutes ago and I’m afraid I don’t think she can speak. Either something happened to her or perhaps the lack of food and drink caused it.”

“Can’t speak?” he inquired, eyes not leaving hers. He was surprised by this revelation but he knew there was nothing he could do right now. He walked closer to the bed. For the moment, he knew she wasn’t a danger to him considering what she looked like when she arrived in front of his home. Her clothes were very dirty with rips, no doubt from running and whatever caused her to have bruises on her wrists. Rope burns on her wrists were very visible, showing she had been recently bound up. When she collapsed in his arms, he immediately had noticed dried blood on her wrists, which meant she had cuts. Her hair had been full of tangles and she looked dehydrated.

As he looked at her now, he could see her long hair was a pretty golden brown. Just from what he could see, the hair would tumble down to the middle of her back. To be safe, he remained at the foot of the bed, wanting to stay a safe distance in case she tried something, which he doubted.

“This may sound strange and I only need a nod or a shake. But do you normally speak?” he knew the question was a little awkward and even a bit silly but he needed to know.

Lorna blinked, realizing he was actually talking to her. She gave him a nod. Some of her co-workers would die to meet the man who stood before her and here she was, seeing him like no fan has ever saw him.

“Mr. Jackson, she needs her rest. It has been a week and she hasn’t eat anything.”

Lorna’s eyes widened again but this time from what the woman said. A week? It was impossible. She missed Christmas. What more was going to happen? First she was kidnapped and then escaped only to find herself in Los Angeles, resting in the home of the Pop King for a few days.

A young man suddenly came into the room. Seeing he was wearing a uniform, Lorna guessed he probably was an employee. He quickly apologized for interrupting but he figured it was important. “You guys got to see this.” He went over above the fireplace, turning on the TV that was mounted on the wall. He then flicked the stations to when was making a news broadcast.

“It has been a week,” a newswoman reported. “And still there is no sign of this missing person.” A picture came up on the screen of Lorna. “She is known as Lorna McCall and was last seen leaving her place of work at four o’clock PM on the evening of last Wednesday. She is five feet and four inches tall with long golden brown hair. She was last wearing navy blue slacks and a white blouse under a navy blue blazer. If anyone has information they are to urgently call the Las Vegas Help Line. Again her name is Lorna McCall and she is 35 years of age.”

Tears sprang from Lorna’s eyes. Someone reported her missing. But who? It would’ve had to be someone from work as she they were really the only people she communicated with. They were her friends but she was sure a few were only her friends for the hell of it, but still probably was worried for her.

Michael turned from the TV to the woman in his guest bed. Could it be? He had the woman who was missing? Sure enough the picture and the woman were one and the same. Well at least he just received some answers with just that news report. He now knew where she was from and her name.

“Debbie,” he said. “Please, call the Las Vegas Help Line and inform them that we have Ms. McCall and that she is safe.”

“Yes, Mr. Jackson,” Debbie answered. Debbie was the woman who was on the other side of the bed, beside Lorna.

“But don’t let them know she’s in my care. I really don’t need another media circus on my case again,” the soft voiced continued. “And please inform them of her condition. Who ever has reported her missing, they will be revealed to know she's alive and safe.”

Debbie turned and left the room to do what was asked of her.

Michael turned back to Lorna. “Sound's like you’re a very lucky woman. I would say you ran away from a kidnapping.”

Lorna slowly nodded as tears continued to fall. She did not want to cry in front of him, but he was human too with emotions. He knew what it was like to be hurt and to be relieved.

Stepping closer to her, Michael pulled out a box of tissues from the nightstand, beside the bed. He bent closer to her, dabbing at her eyes. “It’s ok,” he said. “You’re safe now. You just rest for now.”

He turned away from after he dabbed her eyes. “Billy, can you please put on some soothing music for her so she may rest. Some people do like soothing music to relax them.”

Billy, who was the one who ran in the room, nodded and switched the station to an instrumental music station. Billy then left the room. Michael was the last to leave the room and he could see the music started to lure Lorna into a sleep.

Feeling safe and comfortable, Lorna allowed the soft music to sooth her, which she didn’t really want to fight. She knew Michael wouldn’t hurt her. The news reports were only of him hurting children, which she did not believe. So what that he had a love for children? There was nothing wrong with that. Lorna remembered when she was kid, there was a woman who hung around her a lot and even played games with her. But that didn’t mean anything. She didn’t touch children in any way shape or form.

-

Debbie, who wanted her to have some hot soup, woke Lorna up, a little while after she had fallen asleep. The soup tasted real good, and it was something Lorna wasn't fond of. But being deprived of food, one will eat anything. After the soup was gone, Lorna soon drifted back off again.

The next time Lorna woke up there were three children standing in front of her. One looked around 7 while the other two looked close in age. Lorna presumed it was his children and they were beautiful. She finally got to see them without veils or masks over their heads. She figured they were curious as to why she was there. Soon after she woke, left the room. They went and visited her again two more times, each time, Lorna knew they weren't suppose to be there but she found no harm in the matter.

On their third visit, Lorna smiled at them. They were such charming children, shy, quiet and very curious. She couldn’t blame them. Children would be children. Shortly after they left, Debbie came back in with some paper for her to write things down. Two weeks had now gone by since Lorna first woke up, making it three weeks since the day she was kidnapped.

Debbie went in to see how Lorna was doing. When Debbie contacted Las Vegas, a new report was placed on TV stating Lorna was found and was resting comfortably in Los Angles, California. Not much more information was given out, Lorna was grateful for that. She was scared her kidnappers would come after her again.

Once seeing Lorna was doing all right, Debbie left. As soon as the housekeeper left, Lorna sat up, which took a few moments since her muscles were tight from lack of use. She took the paper that was handed to her and decided to write down what had happened to her. She was just finishing up on the journal entry, when there was a knock at the door.

To her surprise ‘he’ walked in. It was the first time she saw him since waking up in his home. She did wonder why he didn’t see her, but she was sure he had his reasons. For all he knew, she could have been one of those media believers and she was going to have to correct him on that as quickly as possible.

He smiled at her as he walked in. He knew he shouldn’t have avoided her, but he was busy on trying to make sure the Las Vegas authorities knew Lorna was all right. He didn’t want them to know she was there with him. He had no idea how much of the American citizens actually still had loyalty to him. He knew many people here in Los Angles still did, but he did not know the extent of loyalty outside the city.

“Good afternoon,” he replied. “I hope you have been comfortable.”

Lorna opened her mouth to speak. “I am, thank you,” she whispered.

He barely heard her, but watching her lips move, he knew what she was saying. He did notice she was whispering. “Good, your voice is returning. I’m glad.”

Lorna took a deep breath and tried again. “Mr. Jackson,” she said a little more loudly than a whisper but it was very soft and quiet, almost a whisper.

He walked closer to the bed and grabbed a chair, taking a seat down beside the bed. “Yes?” he answered.

Lorna was getting through, she was glad. “Thank you for everything,” she tried, barely above a whisper.

Michael gave her a soft smile. “You’re welcome. I’ve been worried about you since seeing you outside my home. It was a good thing my children were playing nearby the gate.”

Lorna nodded. So that was how she ended up here at the mansion. She had collapsed right in front of his home and the kids saw her. Now that she could see him, she was going to reassure him with every fiber in her body, that she was on his side. “You are innocent,” she tried to get out a little louder.

Michael blinked at her. Did he just hear correctly?

Tears sprang to Lorna’s eyes. She wasn’t going to be able to speak yet. Those thugs must have did more to her than bound her wrists and kicked her ribs, which were healing quite nicely since she’d been doing a lot of resting. She looked down at the papers that were still in her hand. She pulled up a fresh piece of paper and wrote down what was completely on her mind and then handed the paper to Michael.

Michael nodded and read aloud. “I so wish to speak more, but it hurts,” he read. “I don’t believe the lies. You are an honorable man with feelings. I had cried for joy knowing your trial was thrown out.” As Michael read, he felt his heart swell with joy. She did not believe the media. She had faith in him and therefore, he knew he could have faith in her.

He lifted his eyes to look at her. “Thank you, Lorna,” he said with a bright smile. “This means a lot. I will be honest with you I have been wondering if you believed me or not. But that’s not the reason why I was avoiding you. I have been trying to keep the media circus down so they wouldn’t know you are here.”

Lorna nodded in understanding. She so wanted to speak with him. Having him in front of her was something many people dreamt of. Though she wasn’t really a big fan of him, she did wish she could have met him and now even her dream has come true.

“I hope your voice returns soon, there is much we need to discuss,” he continued.

“Me too,” she whispered. “This is driving me nuts.”

“Would you like something hot to drink? I’ve heard hot liquid can help the throat.”

“Please,” she whispered. “Green tea…if you have it.”

Michael smiled again. “Of course I do.” He stood up from the chair and walked out.

As Michael left the room, his three children confronted him. He smiled at them. “She’s healing,” he said.

“That’s good,” Paris said.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “How long will she stay with us?”

“I don’t have an answer for you,” Michael answered. “She still can not speak very well but she is starting to come around.”

“Daddy,” Prince said. “Can we see her?”

Michael smiled gently. “Of course you can. Remember though she is resting and her name is Lorna.”

The three kids smiled. Paris stepped up the door as Michael walked down towards the stairwell that would take him to the kitchen. Paris lightly knocked before slowly entering.

“Ms Lorna,” she called as she poked her head around the door. “Would you mind for some company?”

Lorna looked to the door to see the only Jackson daughter looking at her. Lorna smiled and nodded. Paris smiled back and opened the door wider for her and her brothers to enter.

-

In the kitchen, Debbie was making herself some coffee and was getting ready to prepare her boss’ afternoon tea. She was suddenly startled as her boss walked into the room.

“Mr. Jackson, I wasn’t expecting you.”

He lifted a hand. “No worries,” he said. “I just came down to ask if you could make some Green Tea for Ms. McCall. Her voice is beginning to return but it’s still very whispery.”

Debbie nodded as she walked over to the other side of the kitchen and pulled out the tea box. “And hot liquids are good for the throat.”

“That they are,” Michael agreed. “The children are visiting her right now.”

“Perhaps, I’ll take some milk and cookies for them.”

Since moving to the mansion that he was renting, he had loved the staff that worked there. Debbie was a sweat lady who also had a family of her own. But her kids were all grown up and were living on their own. She was a single mother of two and had been since her youngest was three years old. Her older one was only five at the time.

Billy was another good employee of the mansion. Billy was often telling Michael the current events. Since the trial, Michael barely did much of anything when it came to watching TV and reading. He hated to read what any of the latest gossip that was going around and Billy was basically the informant of that. He would let Michael know what is interesting to see and what was not. And it was something Michael did not ask Billy to do; it was something the young man wanted to do on his own time. Besides being the part time gardener. Billy was only 22 years of age and the man was dedicated to his job.

“I think they would like that,” Michael finally said as Debbie handed him his tea. Michael thanked the woman before turning to leave. “I will be in my office.”

“You still making your plans for next year?” Debbie ventured.

“Yes,” Michael answered. “I would like to see if I can untaint my name. And to do that is by this concert I am working on setting up. If I’m successful with these possible concerts, I may go back to recording new music.”

“I think that would be nice,” Debbie agreed. “I have always loved your music since you released Thriller.”

“Yes,” Michael stopped for a moment. “Thriller was my top number one song and it was what made me famous so fast.”

“No offense,” Debbie said. “But it wouldn’t surprise me if your rise to fame so fast is what started the disgusting rumors.”

Michael snorted. “That has crossed my mind once or twice. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” He turned away, leaving the room. Left by herself, Debbie finished making the tea for Lorna. As she waited for the water to boil, she poured three glasses of milk and pulled out a plate and placed some oatmeal cookies on it. Once the tea was ready, she placed the tea on the tray with the milk and cookies and made her way to Lorna’s room. As she entered the room, she could hear Paris speak about something that she once did that had made her father laugh like there was no tomorrow. Debbie could also see a smile on Lorna’s face and was softly giggling at Paris’ story. Debbie noted to herself in how Lorna had a very beautiful smile.

“I have a treat,” Debbie said, making herself known. The three kids turned to the woman.

“Milk and cookies!” Blanket said happily.

“How did you know?” Paris asked.

“Your father,” the woman answered with a smirk. She set the tray down on a table on the other side of the bed. Seeing as Lorna was sitting up in bed, she handed the injured woman her tea.

“Mr. Jackson said you requested Green Tea,” Debbie smiled.

“Where is Daddy?” Blanket asked.

“He’s in his office working on his latest project.”

Debbie soon left the room, leaving the three kids to entertain the injured woman.
Sign up to rate and review this story