Categories > Celebrities > Michael Jackson > Changing Destiny

Chapter 6 - Birthday Fun

by Lady1Venus 0 reviews

Prince is not the only one who gets to have some fun on his birthday

Category: Michael Jackson - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2015-07-12 - 4681 words

0Unrated
Changing Destiny
Chapter 6 - Birthday Fun

Waking to something tickling her nose was not her idea of waking up. For several minutes she tried to ignore the tickle but soon enough, she tried to brush whatever it was from her nose so she could go back to sleep. But as she would brush her face, the tickle would start again. It was beginning to annoy her so much she turned, hoping the tickle would stop, but being on her side, it didn’t stop. She turned again, back on her back only to still feel the tickle. Getting fed up at whatever the tickle was; she brushed her face one more time and opened her eyes.

At first her eyes were blurry from just waking up but as she focused a face came into view. Once the face was focused, her eyes widened. There standing before her in a nice red silk dressy shirt and black slacks was the Pop star himself.

“AHHHHHH!” she screamed. “Michael!”

She rolled away from the pale face that was in her sights. She continued to roll until her and the blankets flopped on the floor, on the other side of the bed. A sudden huge laugh came from out of nowhere. The King of Pop had decided to wake her up, though he wasn’t expecting her jump, but it was funny to say the least.

Waking early was something that was becoming of him. Michael hated having sleeping problems. He did think of getting sleeping pills but from being addicted to drugs before, he did not want to go through that again. He had showered and dressed and went to his den to work for a while and after he noticed the sun rose, he decided to wake Lorna.

He quietly snuck into her room and for several minutes watched her sleep. She had looked so peaceful as one hand was up near her head and the other under the blanket. Getting the sudden idea of acting mischievous, which he could not pass up, he stretched his hand over her face and lightly tickled her nose with his index finger.

He watched as she tried to brush whatever was bugging her several times. Each time, causing him to smile more and more and before long he was trying to hold back a giggle. She was so cute with her face scrunching up in annoyance, trying to fight whatever it was bugging her.

When she finally gave up and looked at him, he had expected her to jump, but not scream and then roll off the other side of the bed, taking the blankets with her. He could not help the laugh that blasted to the surface as she fell with the thump and an ‘ouff’ to go with it.

It took him a few moments to control his laughing before walking over to the other side of the bed to see her completely tangled in the blankets. There was not one blanket left on the bed. He held back another burst of laughter as she had a confused look on her face and her brown hair was in a major disheveled look.

“What the hell…” she cursed with near anger.

Michael knelt down to her, giggling as he went. “I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help it.”

She looked at him, registering on what just happened. “You little bugger! Can’t you let a girl have her beauty rest!?”

He chuckled some more. “Not when the girl needs to get up and get ready for a birthday.”

At that moment she was glad she was wearing somewhat of a thick nightgown, but she was sure it was tangled around her waist along with the blankets.

“Would you like some help?” he asked as he held a hand out to her.

“No!” she snapped, which caused him to giggle again. “I can handle it.”

She tried to stand up in the blankets. As she got to her knees, she lost her balance and fell forward only to be caught in the arms of Michael once again.

“I think you do,” he slightly whispered.

She looked at him with shock. “Umm…maybe I could as this is your fault.”

“Who me?” he teased. “I would never have dreamed of doing such a thing.”

“Don’t give me that bull,” she half hissed.

It took a few minutes but soon she was untangled from the blankets and standing beside him in her nightgown.

“Thank you, for the help,” she blushed.

“You’re welcome,” he said quietly. He was going to treasure the moment of waking her up. “But I still must say it was rather interesting in seeing how many times you were waving at my finger touching your nose.”

Her eyes widened again. “You tickled my nose?” She quickly gave him a punch in the arm. Not too hard but hard enough to know she meant business.

“Ow!” he laughed, as he had to catch himself so he wouldn’t fall.

“You’re not fair,” she whined as she tried to hit him again, but he dodged her fist.

He smirked at her. “See you downstairs for breakfast.” He quickly rushed out of the room as she came at him. He closed the door and held the door on her.

She tried to pull the door open, but he had a firm grip on the door.

“I’m going to get you Michael Jackson!” she half yelled through the door. “One of these days, I’m going to get you.”

He laughed from behind the door. He was really enjoying this. He had not done this in quite awhile. Not since his kids were born.

“Only if you can get me first,” he teased.

From behind the door, he could hear her huff. He waited a few minutes, as everything went quiet, to see if she was still at the door. When he faintly heard the water running from the bathroom in her room, he knew she gave up on the little chase, for now. He moved away from the door and headed downstairs.

-

Lorna carefully opened the bathroom door very carefully. She wasn’t going to take any chances this time with him being in the room to startle her again. She was fully clothed as she took her clothes into the bathroom with her. She saw no sign of the pale bugger, so she decided to venture more into the room and towards the door to the hallway. Again she opened the door with caution before venturing to the dining room. She could hear the children chattering with their father, so she knew he wasn’t going to do that trick again, at least not yet anyway.

“Good morning,” Michael said as he saw her at the doorway.

The kids turned to her.

“Lorna,” Paris called with a smile. “How are you?”

“Fine,” Lorna replied. “With the wake up call I received this morning.”

Michael raised his arms up. “I’m innocent,” he defended with a knowing smile.

“Innocent my foot,” Lorna grumbled.

The kids looked at each other with confusion. What was going on between their father and friend?

Lorna walked further into the room and stopped beside Prince. “Happy Birthday,” she said to him.

Prince smiled. “Thank you.” He looked at Michael. “Dad, what is in store for today?”

“Well you did asked for a sleepover tonight,” the African American answered. “Shortly after supper, you can have a few of your friends over for a sleepover. In the meantime, some of my family and friends will be coming over to give you birthday wishes.”

“Will Grandpa Joe be over too?” Paris asked.

“Well you know Joseph doesn’t celebrate birthdays, but one never knows,” Michael answered.

“And who is having a birthday today?” a female voice asked.

The kids turned to the voice. “Aunt Janet!” they squealed. They rushed to the dark colored woman, giving her a hug.

Lorna looked at the woman and smiled. She was going to meet some of the Jackson family and standing right in front of her was the other Jackson singer, Janet Jackson.

Janet gave her kisses to her niece and nephews and birthday wishes to the birthday boy. When the kids allowed her to walk further into the room, she looked at Lorna. The kids walked back over to their chairs and sat down.

“You must be Lorna,” Janet said.

“I am,” Lorna said. “I take it that Michael has spoken of me?”

Janet laughed. “To some people Michael is not a chatter box but to me, he is.”

“Janet,” Michael half groaned, covering his face with half embarrassment.

Janet smiled at her brother and walked over to Lorna. “I’m Janet.”

“I love some of your songs,” Lorna stated. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Janet gave her a firm handshake. “I’m sure you have noticed from him,” she pointed behind her to Michael. “That sometimes he doesn’t like to be formal. Well it’s the same for me.” Janet turned and walked over to Michael. She gave him a kiss on the cheek. “How are you pest?” she asked.

Lorna raised an eyebrow at the little insult. She could see there was a strong sibling bond between the two but at the same time, they were teasing each other.

“I’m doing good brat,” he answered. “I wasn’t expecting you for another hour.”

“Well I wanted to come and see my older brother and the birthday boy first.”

“Would you like to have breakfast with us then?” Michael asked.

“Mike, you know me all too well,” she smirked. She quickly took a seat beside her brother. Lorna walked over and sat beside Paris.

Janet watched closely but not too obvious as her niece and brother’s friend quietly talked together. She also noted how Paris wrapped an arm around the woman’s arm.

Soon Faye came in and served breakfast. She served Michael his normal breakfast with vegetable juice and the kids’ pancakes with milk. Faye served Janet and Lorna bacon and eggs with coffee.

“I wonder if Aunt LaToya and Aunt Rebbie will be coming,” Prince asked.

“I think LaToya will be here afterwards,” Janet answered. “I was speaking with her yesterday. Rebbie on the other hand…”

“Prince,” Michael said. “Why don’t we wait and see who will come over today. This way you’ll know who will be here and who won’t be so you won’t have to get your hopes up.”

“Mike,” Janet said. “Have I heard correctly that you’re planning another tour?”

“You have,” Michael said. “It’s going to start in July and the beginning of next month I’m going to London to officially announce the tour.”

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Will we be going with you?”

Michael nodded. “Yes, you will and I’ve also invited Lorna to come with us as well.”

“Really?” Paris squeaked looking at the woman. “That will so great.”

Janet looked at Lorna then to her brother. She could see he was staring at the woman. Her thoughts immediately started swimming on the notion as just how close the two were.

“Lorna,” Janet said as she turned back to the woman. “So how did you swindle the decision to stay here?”

“Besides the fact that Michael asked me to,” Lorna answered. “I fell in love with the kids. They were just too adorable to leave behind.”

Blanket and Paris both brightly grinned as Prince just gave a small smile. “Yeah and Aunt Janet, she’s very fun to play with.”

“Really? I take it you love kids?” Janet asked.

“I love kids. I wish I had some of mine own,” Lorna said. “But as the fates placed it, I guess I wasn’t meant to be a mother.”

“I think you would be a good Mom,” Michael commented with a smile.

“Me too,” Paris agreed.

“Well thank you,” Lorna blushed. She noticed she had been doing that a lot lately.

The group continued their breakfast and once they were done and Faye began to clean the table from dirty dishes, the group walked into the family room where Katherine Jackson waited.

“Grandma!” the kids yelled and ran over to her.

“Hello darlings,” she greeted with hugs and kisses. And then handed each of them a bag of treats.

Janet walked over to greet her mother. When it came Michael’s turn, he kissed her cheek. “Hello, mother,” he greeted. “How was your drive?”

“It was alright,” she said. She looked past Michael to see the lightly tanned white woman standing nearby but far enough. “And you are?” she asked.

Lorna felt suddenly in the spotlight as the older woman looked at her. She guessed the woman was Michael’s mother and she suddenly felt shy.

“Mother,” Michael said as he walked over to Lorna and wrapped an around her shoulders. “Meet my friend, Lorna McCall. She’s been staying with me for the past couple months. Lorna meet my mother, Katherine Jackson.”

Lorna shyly extended her hand to Katherine. “It’s a pleasure, Mrs. Jackson.”

“Katherine will do,” the older woman answered kindly. “Don’t need such formalities here.”

“Oh, forgive me please,” Lorna apologized. “My Mom was named Katie, which I think was short for Katherine and she always taught my brothers and I to respect our elders and to use prefixes whenever possible.”

“The woman raised you well then,” Katherine lightly smiled. “In today’s day and age, there are not many people who will respect seniors.”

“I know,” Lorna said, feeling less tense as she spoke to the woman. “Most kids today will walk all over their parents and they have no respect for people older than them. It sometimes sickens me.”

Michael smiled at Lorna. He was about to say something when before his very eyes Elizabeth Taylor walked in and gave her usual cheery greeting. Lorna was in total surprise. She was now meeting another famous celebrity. Lorna again felt really shy when Michael introduced her to Liz, but the shyness quickly vanished when the older woman wrapped her arms around Lorna in a big hug.

“Michael can’t stop talking about you,” she grinned.

“Liz,” Michael said with a nervous laugh.

Lorna was again stunned. Michael was talking about her to his family and closest friends.

“I hope it was all good,” she finally answered.

“Oh believe me,” Liz said. “When Michael starts talking about someone, it’s always good. He often tries not to say too much negative things unless it’s about the stupid press.”

Liz saw Michael was trying to slowly side step and sneak away, but the older woman quickly snaggled his arm. “But Michael,” Liz said with a bright smile. “You didn’t tell me how good looking she was.”

“Please,” Michael tried as his cheeks gave a slight pinkish glow.

Janet quickly started to laugh as her brother was in total embarrassment. “I have to agree big brother,” she laughed. “You should have told me she was attractive.”

Lorna didn’t know what to say as she blushed. Luckily for her, Paris walked up to her. “Lorna, can you help me with something. I have something I want to give to Prince, but it’s big and I can barely lift it.”

“Sure,” Lorna rushed out as she walked away to help Paris.

Michael envied Lorna at that moment as his daughter helped her and not him.

-

Shortly after lunch, what family was going to show had arrived. There was LaToya, Randy, Jermaine and Marlon, plus Michael’s nieces and nephews. Though most of the family did not celebrate birthdays they did come for the sake of the children. They wouldn’t do the ‘happy birthday’ deal but they would give a gift. By that time both Michael and Lorna were all done in their embarrassments, everyone was outside as the kids played. Michael was sitting under an umbrella, beside his mother.

Prince was sitting on a blanket opening presents. Paris and Blanket were sitting not too far away helping in handing out presents. Lorna was sitting on the ground as well, but close to Michael’s feet. While Prince was opening his Uncle Tito’s gift, she scrambled to her feet, getting Michael’s attention and quickly but quietly fled to the house.

She returned a few moments later with a parcel in her hands. She had purposely forgot to bring out Prince’s gift. She wanted her gift to be a surprise. She saw Paris was about to hand another gift to Prince.

“Paris wait,” Lorna called, she walked over to the kids and knelt down on the grass. “I would like to give Prince this myself.”

Prince looked at the box with simple wrapping and colorful, but yet fancy looking bow. In reality the bow wasn’t fancy, it was just a simple bow with plain red ribbon around it. Though the ribbon was curled. Lorna had talent when it came to using scissors and curled ribbons.

“Happy Birthday, Prince,” Lorna said.

He carefully opened it up. He gave a gasp, which alerted Michael.

“What is it Prince?” his father asked.

Prince lifted the gift out of the box, revealing it to everyone of a rare Star Wars figurine from 1977, still in its original box. It was a figurine of Luke Skywalker dressed in a white outfit, holding the green lightsaber. The figure stood about 12 inches high. “Where did you get this?” he asked.

“Ebay,” Lorna smiled. “You’d be surprised what interesting mint condition things you can get.”

Michael grabbed another umbrella, opened it up and he walked over to his son and looked at the precious gift. “I have never seen anything like it. Lorna perhaps you should show me Ebay sometime.”

Lorna giggled. “I would love to.”

Michael’s siblings and mother looked at each other with each a small smile. They could see the bond that was developing between the two adults.

Lorna grabbed the wrapping paper and placed the paper in a garbage bag, which Blanket was doing. Blanket was taking all the paper and disposing of it as Prince opened gifts.

Paris then handed another parcel to Prince to open as Lorna and Michael walked back over to where Michael was sitting. Lorna now understood why Michael had an umbrella resting against his chair. It was there for when he wanted to move from his seat. There were only two more gifts to unwrap.

When the gifts were unwrapped, Prince thanked everyone for the gifts. Lorna, this time had continued to stand through the rest of the present opening, took a step forward and looked at the kids.

“Now that the gifts are opened, do you know what comes next?” she asked.

The kids looked at each other and all shook their heads.

“Well I’m sure Prince, Paris and Blanket know this one as they have had birthdays before,” Lorna said. “But the next thing after gifts is, which in this occasion can beat all types of diets of food and is one of my favorites…” she paused for a moment. “Cake and Ice Cream!” she blurted out loudly.

“Yay!” Michael’s kids shouted.

Faye then came out with a birthday cake and a tub of ice cream. She placed it on a patio table, which was near where Prince was sitting. Faye handed Lorna a knife. Though the normal traditions were to sing happy birthday, but in respect of the family, they didn’t. Though there were candles and they were lit.

Michael stood up for this and walked over to the table with his umbrella and watched as his eldest son blew out the candles. The kids were all standing around the table. Lorna then handed the pre-teen the knife and instructed him to make the first cut.

The boy happily obliged. When he made his cut, he carefully handed the knife back to Lorna and she finished cutting the cake. She was soon handing cake and ice cream to anyone who wanted any. She knew of course the kids would have some, but the adults on the other were another matter. Couple of them did as well as Michael but the others politely declined. Faye then took what was left of the cake and ice cream back into the house for the sleepover that was to come after supper.

Around four o’clock, the family decided it was time to leave. They were getting tired and they had their own things to do. The cousins said their good byes to each other, as the parents were ready to leave. Soon it was just Michael, Lorna and the kids left as they still sat outside. Even Liz had decided to leave as well.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Can we go play?”

Michael nodded. “I suppose there is no harm in that,” he said. “In an hour though we will need to get cleaned up for supper and expect Prince’s friends over.”

Blanket nodded and rushed over towards the play area. Paris was soon following him as well as Prince. With the kids over in the play area, Michael focused his attention to Lorna.

“Thank you,” he said. “You made today a great day.”

“You’re welcome,” she smiled. “I haven’t done a family birthday gathering in a long time and it was fun doing it.”

“How did you get that Star Wars item?” he asked. “It was only last week that you were going to leave. And as far as I know you haven’t used a computer until last night.”

“When you gave me some money to buy some new clothes, I had gone to the public library and went on the Internet. I had bid for that item and won it. When I sent the money away for it, I specifically asked for it to be sent in Faye’s name. She agreed to it. I didn’t want the person who was selling it to know it was for your son or even you for that matter. I told Faye to give it to Prince for his next birthday. I had no idea his birthday was this soon until the day I was going to leave. The parcel came in the day after I was going to leave and decided to give it to him for his birthday instead.”

He grasped her hand with his free hand as he was still holding the umbrella. “You are amazing, you know that. I am still displeased of how you came here, but I am glad you collapsed in front of my gate.”

“Yes, well fates love interfering,” she agreed. “And thank you for the comment.”

He nodded. “You know Blanket’s birthday is next week.”

“Another birthday?” she asked. “When’s Paris?”

“Not until April,” he answered. “With tomorrow being Valentine’s Day, do you have any plans?”

“Not really,” she said. “I was usually working and being envious of the co-workers who did have loved ones to share the day with.”

“When is your birthday?” he asked.

“July thirtieth,” she answered.

Michael began to lightly laugh.

“What?” she asked, confused. What was he laughing at?

“That’s just cute,” he said with a smile. “Your birthday is the day I have the first concert.”

“You’re kidding me?” she blinked. “Your concerts are starting on July thirtieth? Oh wow.”

“Yeah,” he answered. “Quite the coincidence.”

“I would say. But I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it,” she said sadly. “I really don’t do much for my birthday. This year will be no different.”

“I’m not sure I follow,” he said as he noted the sadness.

“I haven’t had anyone to share my birthday with for three years and you’ll be on tour so I’ll be here alone as you’re taking the kids.”

Michael frowned. “Who says you’ll be here?”

“Well…ah…I…ah…you…” she stumbled on her words. She didn’t know what to say to that.

“Are you thinking I would make you stay here while I left for London?” he questioned, taking a guess at what she was trying to say.

“Well…ah, yeah,” she answered quietly, lowering her head.

He took a step closer. He let go of her hand and hooked his fingers on her chin, lifting her chin to look in her eyes. “I could never leave you here while I went on tour for a month. That would break my heart to know you were here alone with the hired helped. The children would miss you too much, if that were to happen. No, Lorna. I want you to come with me.”

“You mean that?” she asked.

“I wouldn’t say it, if I didn’t mean it,” he smiled. “And I will not take ‘no’ for an answer.”

“I’ve noticed that,” she said sarcastically. “But Michael, I feel like I’m imposing here. I feel I disrupted your life. And I hate handouts.”

“As I said before, this is not a handout. It’s a friend helping a friend. And you are not imposing. You’re very enjoyable to have around and I haven’t had that in quite awhile. I’ve been a single parent since Prince and Paris were toddlers. And having you here, I feel younger than I have been.”

“So I noticed from this morning,” she frowned. “I’m still going to get you back for that.”

His eyes suddenly glittered in a teasing look. “I’d like to see you try. I probably could out run you.”

“Hey! Don’t you use your height and long legs against me,” she half fumed. “Height doesn’t always matter no matter if a person is a foot size difference or six inches like you are. It depends on the speed.”

“And what makes you say that?”

“I once knew a short man who was under five feet and he could run faster than me, that’s why.”

“Is that a challenge I hear?” he teased. “Besides I was a fast runner in my child days. My parents always had a hard time keeping up with me.”

Near the play area, Faye, the Nanny and Debbie watched as Michael and Lorna squabbled. Well it wasn’t really squabbling. It was the fact he was teasing her and she was rising to the challenge back.

“I think we’re finally going to have someone who will make him happy,” Faye said quietly.

“He deserves to be happy,” the Nanny said. “He’s been so lonely.”

“I agree,” Debbie answered.

“I have known Mr. Jackson since he was with Ms. Presley and I haven’t really seen him this happy since she was living with us.”

“Well didn’t Debbie Rowe make him happy?” Debbie asked.

“For a short time but that wasn’t as real as with Ms. Presley,” Faye said. “Remember Ms. Presley is the daughter of Elvis Presley, so she’s been a celebrity since childhood. Debbie Rowe was just a long time friend which ended badly from what I gathered.”

The three women agreed on that and soon went back into the house to get ready for the sleepover that was to come and to soon get supper started. The family room was going to be turned into the camp area. Prince and his friends were going to have camp out on the floor of his bedroom. Paris and Blanket weren’t going to be allowed to join in on the fun so Lorna came up with the idea of her and Michael having a campout in the family room. That was something Michael was looking forward to.

Lorna also thought of the idea of having a camp out, so the two adults could keep an eye on the birthday campout. The family room was on the way to the kitchen and just above the family room was Prince’s bedroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story