Categories > Celebrities > Michael Jackson > Changing Destiny

Chapter 7 - Sleepover Fun

by Lady1Venus 0 reviews

With Prince having a few friends over for a sleepover, Lorna makes a campout downstairs for Blanket and Paris

Category: Michael Jackson - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-07-12 - 4205 words

0Unrated
Changing Destiny
Chapter 7 - Sleepover Fun

Shortly after supper, everyone had heard the doorbell ring and when the doorman answered, four young boys entered the large mansion. They were friends of Prince’s. It didn’t take Prince long to show his friends what he received for his birthday, being especially excited from the ones from his father, Lorna and his sister. When the boys arrived, Lorna took Blanket and Paris to her room, allowing Prince alone time with his father and friends. The three were playing comfortably in Lorna’s bedroom when there was a knock. Lorna stood up to answer the door and not to her surprise it was the teasing bugger.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“I just wanted to inform you the boys have gone to Prince’s room,” Michael replied.

Blanket stood up from the floor. “So that means we can have our campout?” he asked with a rush.

Michael chuckled. “Yes, son, we can.”

Paris and Blanket smiled. “I like that.”

“What are you three doing in here?” Michael asked, crossing his arms.

“Lorna calls it ‘I spy with my little eye’ game,” Paris smiled.

Michael glanced over at Lorna with a raised brow.

She giggled at his look as he was wondering what that meant. “Did you ever play with your brothers and sisters a game of picking something in a room and then say ‘I spy with my little eye, something that is blue’ for example?”

“Doing something like that does sound somewhat familiar but it had been so long ago…” he trailed off, letting her know what he was meaning.

“Well that’s what we’ve been doing.” Lorna turned to the kids. “Ok, kids, go get your pajamas on and go to the family room. I’ll meet you down there.”

“Alright!” the two chimed. They fled from the room before Michael could even spit a word.

“What was that?” he asked.

Lorna smirked. “Excited kids wanting to spend some quality time with their very generous father. They so adore you.”

Michael nodded. “So how shall we do this campout?” he asked.

“You’ll see. Michael, you’re in for the evening of your life.” She started to push on him.

“Hey!” he blurted. “What are you doing?” He was trying to stop himself from being pushed out the door.

“Excuse me Mr. King of Pop, but I am a girl and I will not have you standing in the middle of my bedroom while I get changed into my pajamas.” She continued to push him.

He was able to get a grip on the doorframe, preventing him from completely leaving. For some reason, he just kept getting in a teasing mood, he literally felt like he was back in his 30s again when him and Macaulay Culkin used to play tricks and have fun.

“Michael,” she fumed through her teeth as she continued to try and push against his chest. She was trying her best to ignore the soft textures of his shirt and even the armband he wore around his right upper arm. She hoped that one day she could learn what the armbands meant. The armband he wore was a soft ivory color. “Get out!”

“This is my house,” he teased with a smirk.

“Yes, and you invited me to live here. Now the longer you stay the longer it will be to figure…” she pushed more, “what I have planned.”

“That would be nice to see,” he said. “Are you sure you want me to leave?” He could not resist. Seeing her trying to push him and her disheveled look was making her look cuter.

“Michael,” she gave a warning tone. “Your kids are going to be waiting shortly and they will wonder where we are.”

With an action she wasn’t expecting, he had braced himself to take a step back. When he did, he released the doorframe and stepped back. Not expecting his move, she nearly lost her footing and slammed her whole body against his chest. His arms were quick to be around her so she wouldn’t fall completely over.

She looked up at him. “You did that on purpose,” she whispered.

“Guilty,” he stated mischievously. “Though I wasn’t expecting you to nearly plow into me.”

“If you didn’t pull that move, I wouldn’t have plowed into you,” she answered quietly. Though she was annoyed at his playfulness, she also loved it at the same time. She also liked the idea of his arms around her. “Now, if you let me go, we can get ready.”

Michael didn’t want to release her just yet. He was enjoying having her in his arms. It had been a long time for him. As he stared at her as she spoke, his mind began to swirl around in all sorts of ideas and they all dealt with having her in them. But she was a friend, he doubt she would ever see him as anything more than a friend. He loved how she respected him as a musician but she also respected him as a father and a person. He loved his fans but being around her, helped him to see another side to people besides fans and media.

He blinked finally. “Can’t you give me a hint on what is in store for the children?”

“If I tell you, then it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it?” she challenged. “Now the kids, I’m sure are almost ready and we’re, does that seem fair?”

He sighed and reluctantly released her. He turned away from her for a moment but then turned back. “I’ll see you downstairs. Is there anything you would like me to grab?”

“You have any extra blankets in your room?” she asked suddenly.

Michael gave a confused look. “Yes,” he answered slowly. “May I ask, why?”

“Can you grab some blankets? I’ll need blankets for what I’m going to do,” she smiled.

“This had better be good,” he stepped closer to her.

“Will you just get going,” she rushed out.

Where the two were in the hallway now she quickly jumped back into her room and closed the door on him before he could stop the door from closing. She leaned against the door, holding it closed for safety.

Michael looked at the door and smirked. He looked at the bottom of the door and could see a shadow directly at the door, giving him indication she was against the door. He leaned forward, pressing his face against the door.

“Now, Miss McCall,” he said with a smirk. “Do you really think that is wise to slam the door in a celebrity’s face like that?”

“Only when that celebrity,” she said through the door. “Just happens to be my friend and who has been a real pest since last night with getting me up that tree.”

“This just happens to be my house,” he continued with a smirk.

“And your kids just happen to be waiting for you AND me to be downstairs in a few minutes, with extra blankets.”

Michael chuckled. “I’ll let you off, this time.” He turned away and went to his room to change his clothes.

Lorna listened carefully as she could hear his feet, faintly, shuffling away towards his own room.

-

The kids were waiting for like five minutes in the family room when Michael and Lorna arrived. They each were carrying a couple blankets, besides the blankets that were already laid out and a king size air mattress was on the floor.

“What is with the blankets?” Blanket asked.

Michael looked at his youngest son and shrugged. “Ask her.”

“You guys will see,” Lorna said. She placed the blankets on the floor. “Ok. Who will sleep where?”

“Blanket and I decided we’d sleep in the middle. You and Daddy can sleep on the outer edges.”

“Fair enough,” Michael agreed. “Now, if it’s all right, what is with the blankets?”

“Paris. Can you and Blanket go to the dinning room and grab the chairs and bring them in here?”

Michael quirked a brow. What was she up to?

“Okay,” Paris answered slowly. She gave a tentative look at her father before her and her brother left for the other room. She wanted to make sure her father wasn’t going to upset or something.

Lorna smiled at Michael and wouldn’t say anything more.

He walked over to her. “You are planning something and I want to know what it is. You are turning my home upside down.”

“Where’s your sense of adventure?” she smirked, remembering his words from the night before. “I’m sure this is something you missed as a child but from what Liz says you loved to do strange things when you were a young adult. I’ll be damned if your kids don’t get the fun of something my brothers and I once did.”

Michael was going to say something more when Paris and Blanket came back in. Paris had two chairs and Blanket had one. The two set the chairs down near Lorna and left to get more.

When they were gone, Lorna grabbed one chair. “Michael, take a chair and place it on the other side of the air mattress.”

He narrowed his eyes and did as requested. He placed the chair on one side of the mattress as Lorna placed another on the opposite side. She took the third chair and placed it at the head of the mattress where the pillows were sitting. Each chair was placed with the back facing the inside.

Paris and Blanket soon came back in with three more chairs and left to get the rest. Lorna grabbed another chair and did the same as she did with the first chair. Michael again helped her with the chairs.

Michael watched carefully at what she was doing. He suddenly snapped his fingers. Realization slammed into him like bricks. “You’re making a tent.”

“Bingo!” she smiled. She grabbed one of the blankets and started to drape it over the chairs that were in place.

Seeing now what she was doing, he grabbed the other end of the blanket and helped her drape the blanket on top of the chairs. They were placing a second blanket when Paris and Blanket returned with the last two chairs.

Paris gasped. “Is that what I think it is?”

Lorna turned to the young girl. “A tent. Can’t have a campout without a tent, unless one wants to sleep under the stars. Now we have the bed, the tent…what’s missing?”

The two kids shrugged. They didn’t know.

“Oh yes, I know.” Lorna walked over to a small stereo she brought down from her room just before supper. She pulled out a couple CDs and placed them into the two-disc CD changer. Within moments sounds of nature were coming out of CD player.

“Cool!” Paris smiled. “It almost feels like we’re really outside.” She ran over to Lorna and gave her a big hug. “Thank you, Lorna, this is so beautiful. No one has ever done something like this for us.”

Lorna hugged the girl back and kissed the top of her head. What possessed to her to kiss the child, she had no idea, but she felt really close to the girl. Blanket walked over to her and quietly held his arms out. Lorna lightly smiled and hugged him after Paris moved away.

“Alright,” Michael interrupted. “What more are you going to do?” He was addressing Lorna.

Lorna looked up to see the room was too bright. “Michael, does the ceiling light have a dimmer switch?”

“Yes,” he nodded. “Would you like me to turn it down?”

Lorna nodded and then suddenly looked up to the ceiling after hearing a thump. She gave a giggle. “I think one of the boys just fell over.”

“Maybe, I should go and check on them,” Michael suggested.

“Michael, I know you’re slightly worried, but your son is growing up. You can’t protect him forever and if you go up there, being the concerned Dad, it might upset him since it’s his birthday.”

Michael sighed. “I suppose your right. Since 1999, it’s just been the children and myself.”

Lorna walked over to Michael and rested a hand on his arm. She guessed that was when his second ex-wife left him, the mother of two of the children. “You’re so used to having the kids all to yourself, I suppose it’s hard to share.”

He looked at her and nodded. “Thank you for reminding me my son is nearing a teenager. That should be fun.”

Lorna giggled. “Just you wait when he’s too old to use masks and veils and he starts dating girls. My parents had hell to go through when my brothers would come home with a new girl each week.”

“Please don’t go there,” he whispered.

Lorna then giggled and lowered her voice. “Let’s not forget about Paris. Soon she will want to be around guys. Teenage daughters can also be a pain. I should know I was one.”

Michael looked at his innocent daughter for a moment. Sudden dread filled his heart at the thought of his daughter when she got older. She soon would be at the age where she’d want to have sex and date other boys. He so was not prepared for that. He was losing his little Princess.

“Hello?” Lorna asked. “Earth to Michael. If you come down from the cloud that just kidnapped you or a fan for that matter and get back to reality.”

Michael blinked and realized he went into a daze. “Sorry. I just got distracted.”

“I would say. Now lets enjoy this evening and not worry about the future. Tomorrow you’re going back to work on your upcoming concert.”

“Yes.” He looked around the room. “Why don’t we have some popcorn?”

“Popcorn!” the kids chimed. “Yummy!”

Lorna giggled. “Let’s go raid the kitchen to make some. I’m sure some was already made for Prince and his friends.”

“I haven’t made popcorn in many years,” Michael tried to protest. “I always had staff do it for me.”

Lorna walked over to him and grabbed his hands. “It’s about time that changed then, now isn’t it.”

The four walked into the silent kitchen. Being in the kitchen, alone, Lorna just suddenly had the overwhelming urge to do something she once did when she was living with her parents. She removed her slippers and looked at Paris.

“Watch this,” Lorna instructed. She didn’t give time for Paris to say something when the woman suddenly ran a few feet and then slid her sock feet out to slide across the floor. She slid about three feet before stopping. She turned, looked at Paris before running back into a slide stopping just in front of Paris.

“Now that’s what you call sock sliding,” she smirked. “Good thing those floors are not waxed right now.”

“What happens when they are?” Blanket asked.

“You can either one easily slide so fast you lose your balance and fall on your butt or two slam into a wall or something. Either which way, the floors are very slippery.”

Michael crossed his arms. “I take it you know this from experience?” he asked with a small smile.

Lorna looked at the Pop King. “Try slamming into the dish washer when trying to rush to the bathroom in a hurry. I’m telling you either you’ll get one embarrassing moment with everyone laughing at you or you’ll get growled at and get sent to your room.”

“That’s harsh,” Paris commented.

“Harsh to my brothers, but somehow I always ended up getting the room laughing.” She shrugged. “Unless it was because I was usually all legs and arms trying to catch myself but failed miserably.”

“That would have been cute to see,” Michael remarked.

Lorna stuck her tongue out at the man before strolling over to where she knew the popcorn maker and kernels were. She was about to reach for a huge bowl when Michael reached up to the cupboard and grabbed the bowl for her. She had no idea he moved from the other side of the room.

“Cheater,” she mumbled.

“I’m not a cheater,” he challenged.

“You are when you’re taller than me,” she remarked.

“Can we help?” Blanket asked.

Lorna turned away from Michael. “Sure. Paris can you get the butter from the refrigerator. Blanket you can help to pour the kernels into the machine.”

Paris brought out the butter and set it on the counter. Lorna had then asked for a bowl, which Paris went and got. Michael was watching Blanket as the boy poured some kernels into the now heated popcorn maker. Paris watched with interest as Lorna cut a chunk of butter and placed it in the bowl before taking it to the microwave and melted the butter. By this time, some popcorn was now popping out and into the large bowl Michael had brought down.

When the bowl was full, Lorna turned off the machine and cleaned it out. Michael took the melted butter and poured it over the freshly popped popcorn. When everything was cleaned back up, the group went back to the family room. Michael went and turned down the lights to a very dull lighting and the four sat in a circle eating popcorn and listened to the nature sounds on Lorna’s CD.

For a couple hours the four sat and told stories while eating popcorn. Mostly it was Lorna telling stories. If the kids weren’t there, she would have told scary ghost tales but with the kids around she opt to tell about stories she once did with her friends and brothers while growing up. Michael was very interested in what she had to say. Listening to her childhood helped him to know more of what he missed in his.

At times he wasn’t always interested to hear childhood tales but in Lorna’s case, he listened to every word. Hearing her voice was music to his ears. She was a sweet person. As she told her tales, he realized at that moment with him teasing her and listening to her, he was beginning to like her more than just a friend. His eyes saddened. He doubted he could ever have her though. She was a very charming woman.

Lorna finally stopped telling stories when she saw Blanket stifle a yawn.

“Blanket?” she called. “You getting tired?”

Michael broke out of his thoughts as he looked at his son.

“No, I’m not,” the boy said tiredly, yawing again.

Lorna softly smiled. “Blanket, how about you and your sister go into the tent and rest? If you’re not that tired then in a few minutes you can come back out.”

“You promise,” he said.

Lorna gave the tradition peace sign. “Scouts honor.”

“What is that?” Paris asked. “I saw you use that when we first promised you would stay for a week.”

Lorna turned to the young girl. “It’s a phrase to a group of people who learn many things. The phrase just basically means ‘I promise’.”

Blanket tiredly crawled over to his father who cradled the boy and gave him a kiss. The boy then crawled over to Lorna and hugged her. Paris did the same before the two went over to the ‘tent’ and crawled in. Lorna crawled over to sit beside Michael.

“I give them five minutes and they’ll be out like lights. They are both very tired,” she whispered

Michael nodded. The two waited silently for ten minutes and when the two kids didn’t come out, the adults knew the two were asleep. The two then silently stood up and walked to the kitchen with the empty bowl. Lorna had decided to leave the CDs playing as the kids had found the sounds very enjoyable. The bowl was placed in the sink as Lorna went to pour herself a glass of milk. When she turned around, Michael was standing really close to her.

“I wish I could have seen your childhood,” he said quietly. “Your stories were wonderful.”

“Thank you,” she said, wondering why he was so close. She side stepped him and walked over to the table in the middle of the room. “I mostly was telling the children.”

“I know.” He walked over to her and sat down. “I can’t say this enough, but I’m glad you stayed. The house here is so much more livelier.”

“I get that impression,” Lorna replied. “Will you be giving Blanket a birthday party?”

“More than likely. I can’t believe he’s going to be seven next week.”

“Time flies when having fun.” Lorna reached over and grasped his hand. “Michael, I love being around your children. And though you are an entertainer, I am so glad I have finally been able to meet the man behind the music.”

Michael lightly smiled as he looked into her eyes. “I love my fans, but when a fan can respect me for more than just my singing and dancing, that makes my heart soar.”

“I’ve been under the impression that Macaulay Culkin is a friend of yours.”

“He is,” Michael admitted. “I’ve been friends with him since his first movie. He’s also the God-father of the children.”

“Why wasn’t he here today?” she asked.

“He’s a movie star,” Michael stated. “I’m sure he was busy doing other things. I did speak with him yesterday and he said he would not be here, but sent his love. He also sent the boys a gift, should come in, in a few days.”

“I loved ‘Home Alone’. I laughed so hard when I watched that. I also enjoyed the second movie too,” Lorna mused. “He was good in both of those movies.”

“That he was. He was always fun having around but when he got older and the childish fun stopped. I miss those days.”

“I remember when my Grandmother was still alive,” Lorna said as Michael began to softly rub her fingers. She wasn’t paying attention to him doing it either. “My Grandmother was close to 90 when she died and a couple years prior to that, she would sometimes do childish things like splash in mud puddles or even get a laugh over someone falling stupidly or something.”

“She sounds like she was someone who was wonderful,” Michael mused.

“She was. She died a year before we moved to Las Vegas.”

“I’m sorry,” he said with sadness.

Lorna looked at down at their hands and saw his finger rubbing her knuckles. She felt her heart swell and light butterflies suddenly were in her stomach. His touch was very soothing and relaxing but yet romantic at the same time. She wasn’t sure what she should do about it. She liked the feeling but at the same time was afraid of it. She was feeling things she didn’t think were appropriate to feel.

Regrettably, she moved her hand and stood up. She turned away from him and walked over to the sink, placing her glass in the sink. She was now able to hide her face from him as a blush finally crept to her face. It took her a few moments to get her feelings back in check before she turned around and walked back over to the table and sat down.

This time when she sat down, she was careful not to allow her skin to touch his. Michael had a feeling he had embarrassed her with his gentle touch so he decided perhaps he should keep his hand off the table so she would not feel uncomfortable.

When Lorna sat back down, she started talking about Blanket’s birthday and what to do about that on. Michael gave his input on what he done in the past. Lorna then gave some of her input on what she had done in the past for birthdays or what she had with her birthdays.

Before long it was getting late and they decided to retreat to the family room and go to bed themselves. Lorna first crawled into the ‘tent’ so she wouldn’t disturb Paris who was sleeping beside her. When Lorna was in and comfortable, Michael crawled in as well and settled down beside Blanket.

With the dim lighting still on, Michael could lightly see where everyone was positioned. He looked at Lorna and softly smiled. The smile brightened when he looked at his daughter. He loved how the girl found someone friendly like Lorna. He had just hope that he would be able to sleep this night. He hated the idea of not being able to sleep and was afraid he was going to have to get sleeping pills or something to sleep since this concert was soon coming. He really did not want to get medication to help him sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story