Categories > Games > Halo > Rebache

Act II Chapter I: This is Just The Beginning

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

Transformationsssssss

Category: Halo - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Published: 2015-07-20 - 3289 words

0Unrated
SGTLEGENDKILLEЯ
Rebache
Act II Chapter I
“This is Just the Beginning”

A2C1 Track
Chemical ~ NoOne (NoOne)

D: 9.23 a.m. June 20th, 2016

Sam awoke with a struggled gasp. His eyes opened widely to the view of his father’s living room ceiling. The familiarity did little to calm his already fearing emotions as with each rapid breath, his mouth seemed to spread apart in multiple directions. In his panicked state, he could feel and hear a strange new heart beat from within his chest. Instead of the usual dual thumping that he would have been glad to hear, it was a flutter of multiple thumps; it was as if he had multiple hearts pumping instead of just one. A pained groan escaped his strange sort of mouth he now possessed; he was very sore from whatever had happened before he passed out.

Something was clearly wrong, even without looking at himself. His jaws began to hurt suddenly as if he was using new muscles for the first time, and so he went to inspect his cheek with a caress from his hand. As he quickly raised his hand instinctually, he stopped mid motion as he saw his appendage. In the place of where his normal hand would be was now a large, four fingered hand covered in medium gray skin. The structure of the hand, having two thumbs on either side of two index like fingers, was very alien to him. His gut sank as he closed all of the four fingers; they were truly his fingers. His new mouth twitched as his mental state slipped into a hardcore spike of franticness as his eyes quickly traversed from his hand and down his arm and onto his torso.

Before his frantic eyes fell before his now large, beefy chest that had grown to the point that his shirt had barely any fabric left to further stretch. Beyond his chest was his now strangely structured legs. Under his painfully tight jeans where a pair of massive legs that seemed to have two pairs of knees, making them have a very apparent digigrade structure. At the end of his new massive legs were large hoofs that were very different from his former human feet; they had even managed to burst his shoes open completely through the transformation. He let out a strained grunt as a numbing sensation came to him as be continued to wake up further. This feeling came from his legs as the jeans seemed to cut his circulation off by a bit; give or take, it was only slightly, but enough to make him feel it. Despite his desire to rest, he struggled heavily as he sat up.

Sam slowly continued to prop himself up so he could look down at his different self. With each passing second that he had a clear view on himself, his stomach churned unsettlingly as he grew more and more frantic.

“What the fuck…” Sam choked out incomprehensibly. His reply trailed off into a weird sounding fluttered groan as his mouth expanded wildly as he tried to speak. Forming words with the new mouth was the same basic concept as it would seem in comparison to his old one. However there was a lot more movement and muscles involved. Even his voice had changed with the process; it was less changed than most of him, but changed none the less. His voice was now much deeper on the octave scale and he would easily be labeled as a bass.

Sam inhaled sharply as a shot of pain that suddenly plagued his stomach. He clutched his side as he slowly fell over onto the floor. Before he could do anything else, his stomach, having enough of the stress and pain to reach a threshold, gave in and thus he threw up several times onto the floor. Between his pained heaving, Sam had barely managed to force himself off the floor so he wouldn’t throw up all over himself. The puking lasted for at least a minute, and somehow through that time he had held enough strength to keep himself elevated on his hands and knees as he shook from the strain and panic flowing through his thoughts.

“S…Sam?” His father’s voice called out softly from somewhere nearby.

“Dad?” Sam spoke out as he felt tears begin to run down his face. The emotions were hitting him hard now. His mind raced frantically, repeating the same words over and over: ‘I am a monster.’

“We …” his father paused; he sounded clearly conflicted. “Uh… we will fix this.”

Sam finally looked up towards his father’s voice. Just a few feet away his father stood nervously clutching his shotgun at him. He couldn’t blame his father’s very obvious paranoid, but the sudden realization that he was at gun point did very well to add to the emotional toll of this ordeal.

“I’ll take you to the hospital.” Sam’s father spoke a bit more firmly.

“Fuck that!” Sam spat out loudly, not used to his new vocal projection. “They’d cut me up on a lab table before they’d help me!” Sam quivered as more desperate tears dripped from his face.

“Well do you have any better ideas?!” His scared father shot back at him.

Sam grumbled softly as he did not.

“Thought so…” his father paused. “This is quite the situation you got yourself into, Sam.” His father said coldly. It wasn’t in hate, it was just from decades of police service. Dealing with the worse of the public does stuff to people’s attitude in stressful situations.

Sam sniffled slightly as he tried to not be bothered by his father’s vocal stress mechanisms. With a pushing urge, Sam propped one of his legs between himself and the floor. He slowly pushed himself up from the floor and was immediately hit with slight vertigo as he nearly hit his head on the ceiling. This startled him greatly and left him struggling with his arms spread out to level himself. Despite the attempts to stay up, his stilt feeling legs gave under his weight and bulked, leaving him to fall backwards onto his father’s couch. The couch cracked loudly under his weight as it broke.

Sam looked down at himself once again and just let himself whimper as his tears stream down his face. In his mind, he was mortified; hell, he was downright petrified. In spite of this, he felt somehow restrained from showing emotions against it. He really wanted to scream and claw his skin in attempts to find his old self hidden beneath, but something deep down in him prevented him from doing much more than crying slightly. The fact that his father was present was probably not helping this as he hated to cry in front of his family

His father sighed loudly, realizing that his attitude had clearly been inappropriate. “Sam…” he said as he shakenly stroked his rough unshaven chin. “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean anything by what I said. This all is just…”

“I know…” Sam whimpered with a soft sob as he wiped his strange face of its tears.

His father sat heavily into his chair across the room from the now broken couch that Sam sat on. “God damn it…” A spoken rarity from his father. “They didn’t prepare me for this in the police academy.”

The two sat quietly for several moments.

“A…are you ok?” his father asked awkwardly. “I mean… not like. With…” he looked Sam up and down. “As you are… But are you hurt?”

“Kinda” Sam shuttered with all of the emotions in his head. “Why?”

“Because that is all I care about. It’s my job as a parent…” his father swallowed. “I don’t know what you are or how this all happened. I mean…” His father paused. “This is some serious District 9 shit right here… I don’t know. It’s probably going to be a lot different actually living it rather than just watching…”

“Really?” Sam gave a weird stare.

“What?”

“You think of movies in a time like this?”

“Well…” His father snorted nervously.

“Whatever…” Sam tried to calm down further. While his form had been drastically, his angst and asinine outlook was still there.

“Good movie though…” His father comment rose a chuckle from Sam.

“It’s… not that bad is it?” Sam asked suddenly.

“Well… yes. Yes it is, actually.” His father was always one for somewhat harsh words.

“How bad…”

“It might be likeable with some time… I don’t know. Do you just want a mirror?”

“No…”

“Ok…” His father sighed again “You sure there isn’t anything hurting you?”

“I think I need bigger clothes…” Sam admitted rather quickly.

“Need help?”

“Yeah… please.”

“I got an idea. I’ll be right back.” His father stood up. “You just relax ok?”

His father quickly left the room for upstairs. He soon returned with a large pair of slightly ripped blue jeans and a 5x button up flannel shirt. As random as it would seem, it was actually a Halloween costume that Sam had made a few years back where he was an overweight and stereotypical hillbilly. A good costume no doubt.

“Are you serious?” Sam scowled at his father.

“You have a better idea?”

“No… but still.”

“I have scissors. Those pants look uncomfortable.” His father admitted as he set the clothes down on the coffee table.

“They are… Let’s get all this shit off please.” Sam admitted, giving little care to being naked at this point; it would not be the worst to happen to him yet.

Sam and his father began the timely process of cutting the skin tight jeans off of him. It was a great relief to Sam to not have his large legs being compressed any more. Unfortunately there was a quick awkward moment as Sam caught a naked gaze between his now powerful naked legs. His genitals had seemed to have disappeared; the sight made his gut sink and his face flush in a wild mix of confusion, embarrassment, and panic.

“What the fuck… Where is my dick?!” Sam blurted out nervously.

“Maybe your reptilian or something… That looks like a cloaca…” His dad spoke like he was weirdly intrigued.

“A what?” Sam wasn’t much into animal anatomy.

“It’s what like… what snakes and turtles have… a slit.” His father explained simply.

“… So it’s a vagina?”

“No… it shouldn’t be.” His dad shot a weird look at Sam.

“Whatever, let’s just get the rest of this shit off of me.” Sam sighed as he shook his head of the thought.

They spent a few more minutes getting the rest of his old clothes off via scissors. After all the clothes had been removed, his dad moved the mirror so that Sam could see his new self fully. It was not too surprising that he now looked very alien. Give or take his new form was bipedal and of similar proportions to regular humans, however this form, whatever it was, was an absolute powerhouse; he never had ever imagined that he would have come close to the muscular build he now possessed in his life. His eyes moved up his new body onto his new startling face.

His new head was quite the interesting piece to look at. It would be best described as in the shape of the skull of a blunt nosed viper without scales. His eyes were still the same color as they were before, except they held quite the aggressive looking vertical slit of a pupil; again, much like a snakes. Under both of his upper lip were two pairs of mandibles lined with sharp looking teeth that ran along the inside of the maw he now had. Over all, he didn’t look to bad in terms of aesthetics; he figured that he might be able to make some Sci-Fi nuts get off if need be, but nothing more than that.

“Well shit…” Sam said slowly as he watched his mandibles flutter as he spoke the words; it was nothing less than weird.

“You’re telling me…” his father sighed, knowing exactly what Sam was looking at.

“At least I don’t need to hit the gym.” Sam had found something to make him chuckle.

“You said it… Now let’s get these clothes on you.”

A few moments later they had figured out the small setup of clothing they had available for him. After all was said and done, and a few minor modifications had been made to the jeans, Sam once again had fitting clothing. It wasn’t quite perfect, but due to the shortening of the jeans and the sheer size of the clothing, he had a half decent pair of recently made shorts and a flannel shirt. With the clothes situation taken care of, everything seemed to calm down. Sam was fairly calm and his father had turned on the news to see if this was all a single isolated instant or a worldwide thing.

For the most part the news seemed cold on topics. The weather was pleasant and there was some local bullshit reels to run in between the horribly made used car sale and male enhancement adverts. As they waited for something to kick up Sparky, being awoken by the television, finally caught wind of people being up and around. It seemed as if he was unbiased on the situation as he slowly crawled up onto the couch next to Sam before laying down with his head on top of Sam’s lap.

“Well… at least he knows it is still you…” His father chuckled.

Sam slowly began to pet his dog just as the news anchors came back onto the picture with another line of crap to fill the air. This time however, they actually had news to show. The words appeared on screen were read aloud, not much unlike all basic forms of mass propaganda was, in a very clear format: ‘Alien First Contact Made in Portland, Oregon.’ Sam’s eyebrow raised at this.

“We have breaking news coming out of the North West ladies and gentlemen.” The aged newscaster spoke excitedly as he broke the boredom. “Apparently a woman in South Portland this morning woke up to quite the exciting scenario. She claims that ‘an alien broke into her 20 year old daughter’s room and was trying to put her clothes on.’” The newscaster gave a chuckle at the stupid line that was most likely written for him. “We have the luck of having a reporter from our department out there to give a live interview with the woman.”

The screen snapped over to another window with an onsite reporter woman waiting with a big smile. “Hello and good morning America! This is CNW reporter, Stacey Trimble coming to you live from Portland, Oregon.” She spoke with an annoying amount of pep. “How are you doing this morning, Laura?”

The camera panned over quickly to a middle aged blonde woman who stood next to a concerned looking police officer. “I am alright I guess… a bit shaken you know.”

“Yeah, I bet. Would you maybe like to elaborate on what happened?” Stacey asked, cutting coldly right to the point.

“Well… yeah. I just woke up last night to the sound of a window being shattered.” The woman began animatedly. “I got up and investigated what it was and I then found this large, squid faced alien thing yelling and screaming as it was tugging at clothes it had stolen from my daughter’s closet!”

“It was stealing clothes?”

“Yeah! Sort of… It was trying them on or guess… why else would an alien be wearing my daughter’s clothes? Freak by nature I guess.”

“Where is your daughter now?”

“Oh I don’t know.” The woman seemed kind of annoyed by that. “She probably ran off with her boyfriend last night. I haven’t seen her.”

“And… where is the alien?” Stacey once again coldly cut to the task at hand.
“It is still in my daughter’s room.” She said proudly. “It is too large to fit through the windows and I barricaded the door close with some rope and a cabinet.”

“All by yourself?”

“You bet!”

“So…” Stacey again slowed the interview down. “There is a few more questions I’d love to ask you. First off, have you seen this thing before?”

Laura was about to answer the question until the front door of the house that they were standing in front of burst open. From the doorway stumbled one of whatever Sam had become; this one was not as muscular as Sam and instead looked more feminine in form. The creature was indeed wearing a set of very stretched woman’s night wear that remained from her transformation. She struggled down the front porch towards the interview group as she sobbed helplessly. This was the woman’s actual daughter.

“Mom! Help me!” Her daughter cries out loudly in broken and frightened English that might have been considered nothing more than a series of sobbing moans and yells.

“There it is!” Laura freaked as Stacey and the camera man backed up several paces back as the woman’s daughter stumbled down the sidewalk after them. The police officer held his hand up with his hand at his hip as he demanded that the ‘creature’ stopped. Laura’s daughter failed to comply as she continued to cry for her mother’s aid.

“Oh no…” Sam’s father sat up rigidly in his chair. “Don’t you do it, kid.”

The police officer on live television drew his gun in a sudden impulse and he then unloaded the magazine of his weapon into Laura’s daughter. The girl submitted quickly to the small arms fire and her limp and silent body collapsed heavily against the edge of the road. There was a moment of stillness before the broadcast ended. The screen reverted to the view of the anchorman who was frozen in shock. With a vicious stutter, the news man slowly apologized for the graphic images that the network had just shown and that they would go to an extended commercial break.

Sam and his father sat silently in the living room. The way that was all handled was atrocious and both of them knew this could bring some serious bad taste in the eyes of the public about whatever happened to that girl and Sam. This meant that Sam would have to potentially stay hidden at his father’s house as a secret; despite the fact that he really hadn’t wished to be seen as he was now. They were both suddenly started by Sam’s phone that began to blast its metal ringtone. Sam quickly reached over and checked the screen to find that the caller was only listed as ‘Czar’ with ‘restricted number’ beneath it. He swallowed quickly and answered it. He quickly turned the speakerphone on the call and held the phone in his hand.

“Hello?” Sam asked nervously.

On the other end of the phone was the sound of a deep toned voice laughing softly or muffled by distance.

“… Who is this?” Sam asked a bit firmly.

“Sam Kampten…” The voice rumbled out deeply.

The voice irked Sam greatly, making him very nervous. “Who the fuck is this?”

The voice just laughed loudly, as if some great joke had been performed. “You will know soon enough!”

“W…what?” Sam tensed up as he became quite creeped out.

“This is only the beginning…” The line went dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story