Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Wedding

Rehearsal Dinner

by Noizchild 0 reviews

There might be a road to peace and new life during the rehearsal dinner.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-08-04 - 758 words - Complete

0Unrated
Rehearsal Dinner:

Loss

-Sakura-

It feels weird now. Adam and I haven’t talked to each other in weeks. I can’t even look at him. Tonight is supposed to be happy. We’re celebrating Rose and Pete’s pending marriage. I turned my head and looked over at Adam. He doesn’t seem to be noticing me. I lowered my shoulders and sighed. What do I do? I don’t even know what to say to him. I lifted my head when I felt someone nudge me in the arm. Noriko smiled at me. I rolled my eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Smile!” she said.

“No,” I said. Noriko frowned.

“What’s the matter?” she asked. I rolled my eyes and turned my head. I don’t need to baby-sit Noriko when I’m like this. She didn’t seem to take the hint as she put her hands on my shoulders.

“I don’t like seeing you sad like this,” she said.

“I’m not sad,” I lied.

“That’s what Adam said.”

I turned my head. “He what?”

“Yep, yep. I talked to him last night.”

“You’re kidding.”

Noriko shook her head. “You should just talk to him.” I tilted my head, narrowing my eyes.

“But what would I say to him?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” she said. “Just say something.” I never thought I would see the day that freakin’ Noriko would be the one to give me advice. Heh, what has become of us? If the world’s ending right now, I somehow didn’t get the memo. I picked up my glass and took a drink.

“What do you know about love and hang-ups?” I asked. Noriko shrugged.

“Not much,” she said. “But I just want to see you and Adam happy again,” she said. I didn’t know whether to laugh, choke, or vomit.

“You are a weirdo sometimes,” I said before taking a drink.

“Maybe,” she said. I happen to look over and see Adam looking at me.

Forgiving

Gareth stood outside, smoking.

“I’ve never known you to smoke,” a voice said behind him. The man whipped around to see Rachel standing in the back doorway. Gareth shrugged his shoulders.

“There is a lot you don’t know about me,” he said.

“How come I never saw you smoking while we were married?”

“You just weren’t around when I was enjoying my ‘me’ time.” Gareth held his cigarette as his side. “Is that all you came out here for?”

“No, I just came out here to say that this fighting is pointless.”

He raised an eyebrow at her. “What do you mean?”

Rachel clenched her fists at her sides. “I’m saying…” She drew in a breath, frowning. “I just want to say I’m sorry and we should just end this mess now.”

“That’s a first.”

She glared at him. “Are you making fun of me? I’m trying to offer an olive branch and you’re mocking me?”

“No, no, no.” Gareth put out his cigarette. “I was getting tired of this crap too and couldn’t think of how to put an end to it.” His soon-to-be ex-wife exhaled.

“Thank you,” she said. “Will you be in court after the wedding?”

“Yes,” he said.

“That’s all I wanted to know.” Rachel turned and walked back into the dining hall. Gareth watched her walk away, wondering how it all came to this.

New Life

In the middle of dinner, everyone heard a scream. Morgan whipped around to see Judy crouched on the floor.

“Judy!” she cried. “What’s the matter?”

“My water just broke!” the older sister yelled. Meredith’s jaw dropped.

“Holy shit!” she yelled. Meredith got on the phone along with about five or six other people and dialed the hospital. Rose, Nessa, Rachel, and Miranda tended to the mother-to-be in labor. Meredith accompanied Judy to the hospital.

“You’re doing great, baby!” she shouted. “Breathe, breathe, breathe!” Judy took in have breaths. Five cars followed the ambulance to the hospital. In the Tahoe, Pete held Rose’s hand.

“That’s a way to end rehearsal dinner,” he said.

“Think the baby’s going to be fine?” Rose asked.

“Of course,” Pete said. He kissed her on the cheek. At the hospital, Judy gave birth to a baby girl.

“She’s so pretty,” Meredith said.

“I love you,” Judy whispered. Her girlfriend leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

“I love you too, baby,” she said.
Sign up to rate and review this story