Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Nightfall

Last Night I Saw My World Explode

by SugarPlumFaerie 3 reviews

Basically the fall out of the attack (did I just have the guts to use that phrase?!), and part of Beckett's plan is revealed.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-08-15 - Updated: 2010-09-16 - 1205 words - Complete

0Unrated
For some odd reason, my Gwen chapters seem to be longer than my Pete chapters. I'm pretty sure there'll be a few more chapters after this one, but you never know...Anyway, I guess the huge group of people posting stories gave me a kick in the butt, so here you go:

Gwen sat with her knees pressed close to her chest on the same enormous bed she woke up in three days prior. She bit her lip as she stared out one of the blackened windows.

"Pete, where are you?"

Though Beckett had visited her nightly, he still didn't tell her anything about his plans. He just sat there and attempted to have conversations with her, but she would never answer with more than a sentence. Yet somehow, he seemed to enjoy being here, drinking up her appearance.

But if Gwen had been terrified before, now she felt scared out of her mind. After Urie placed yet another uneaten dinner on the oak table and locked the door behind him, Gwen grabbed a glass to hear what was happening outside in the hall. It was noisier than last night. And from all the bits and pieces she could hear, she knew Beckett attacked the boys.

She ached with worry...what if one of them died this time? Her shameless selfishness hoped that Pete wouldn't be the one to die.

"Darling, you know you need to eat."

Gwen stiffened, squeezing her heels together with her back to Beckett. But he was positively beaming when came around the bed to face her.

"Oh, you can't keep up this little silent treatment, my dear."

She looked up at him spitefully. "Stop calling me 'darling' and 'my dear.' I'm not yours, and I never will be," she spat out.

He chuckled. "There's the spunk I love to see. It makes me want you all to myself," he said, resting his hand on her cheek.

Though Gwen despised him, she hated the fact that she liked his hand on her cheek more.

"Enough with the crap. Tell me what you did to Pete!" she snarled, pulling away from his touch.

"Peter? I thought you hated him," Beckett answered mockingly.

"To hell with what I said! What did you do? Did you turn him? Kill him?" she cried out, grabbing his collar and bringing his face close to his.

Beckett stopped smirking. Instead he stared at her and licked his lips. They fell backward onto the bed, entangled in each other. Beckett's lips grazed hers...

"Sir, she wants to see you right now."

Gwen blinked several times before seeing Urie standing at the door and realizing Beckett was on top of her.

"We'll finish this later," Beckett whispered in her ear.

She shuddered as he climbed off her. Right now Gwen felt like Urie was her savior.

Beckett threw Urie a glare. "And I'll deal with you later. Just keep a close watch on her," he snapped.

Beckett swept out of the room.

"Having a quickie with Beckett, eh?" Urie asked Gwen, who was still lying on the bed.

"No. But I'm sure you already knew that."

"Yes...the Boss still uses an old brand of magic: vampire charm," Urie answered, grinning and leaning against the wall.

Damnit, Gwen knew she wasn't going crazy. She still loved Pete, not Beckett. A new thought occurred to her, and her horror must have shown on her face because Urie laughed.

"No, I'm sure Wentz doesn't know that secret yet. You really do love that idiot."

"Pete’s anything but an idiot." Gwen got up and smirked at him. "You couldn't even dust him."

Urie flashed his fangs. "I was preoccupied! Wentz is only lucky Beckett let him escape with his life!"

"Oh, he's alive," she said, sinking into an armchair.

"You conniving bitch! You did that on purpose!"

"So what? You can't do anything to me."

"Yes, but I do know where Wentz and his idiotic friends are locked up..."

"They're all alive?" she said with a smile, ignoring the implied threat.

"For now. Oh, oops, I forgot to mention...there was a death on Wentz's side. He was a rather foul man..."

Gwen stopped smiling. "They...they killed Dirty?"

She looked away from Urie, her eyes filling with tears. Though Dirty could be disgusting at times, that didn't make Gwen adore him any less. He was there every night she needed him and he could always make her smile...

"I see you knew him. He didn't seem like such a waste. He could hardly handle a cell phone without falling over."

She turned around and gave Urie her best death glare. "You fucking shut your mouth. Dirty was a better man than you could ever be, you fucking coward."

Urie glared back at her, baring his fangs. Gwen jutted her chin out, daring him to attack her. Urie reached for her neck--

"You even graze her with a fang and I bleed you dry."

Urie stepped back and Gwen turned to see Beckett standing at the door. He looked completely furious.

"I'm sorry sir. It'll never happen again."

"Good. Now get out of my sight," Beckett snapped.

Urie left without looking back at Gwen.

"What did he say to you?" Beckett asked, his eyes on her.

"You...you killed Dirty!" Gwen came around the bed to face him. "You fucking killed him!" she shrieked, banging her fists into his chest.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"You killed one of my friends! And it's no secret that you want to kill me too!"
She sat on the edge of the bed and began to sob.

"Darling, if you're talking about Stump's assistant, he was dead before we arrived. Besides, you know I'll never hurt you."

She looked up at Beckett with blood-shot eyes. "What do you want from us?"

"I want everything Peter has--including you."

"Don't get your hopes up."

"Oh, it's quite simple," he said, wiping her face with his handkerchief, "you will do as I tell you."

Gwen ripped her face from his grip and stepped away toward the window.
"So what do you want from me?"

"I want you...to pretend to betray Peter, and stay here with me, always and forever."

Gwen stifled a laugh. "And why would I ever agree to that?"

"Because, I happen to know that Stump's been badly bitten...who knows what will happen to him without medical attention?"

She whipped around to stare at him. "You wouldn't dare! I'd hate you as long as I lived!"

"Okay, then option two. I'll lock Peter up for several weeks...without blood. And once he begins to starve...I will destroy him by feeding him Stump...then Trohman...then Hurley."

She studied Beckett, her nails digging into her hands. He clearly wasn't bluffing. Gwen turned away and steadied herself with the bedpost.

"The Red Queen will be here soon to tell you exactly what to do," Beckett said, walking to the door.

As his fingers touched the doorknob, Gwen asked, "Were you ever a man?"

"Darling, how do you think I got this way?"

The door shut softly, but not before Gwen grabbed a glass and shattered it against the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story