Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Unstoppable

Chapter 10

by jameswritr4 0 reviews

Do it in the Dark

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-08-20 - 1054 words

0Unrated
6 Months Later
Pete and Kat were still going strong. They had just taken a vacation together for the first time. Pete had taken her to see the Northern Lights in Alaska, which Kat had always dreamed of seeing. Things were getting serious for the couple but they kept it at a slow pace.

Aiden and Patrick had hit a wall. The guys had wrapped up their next album Folie a Deux, and were getting ready to release it to the public. Aiden had been busy with school, finishing up for graduation, so she wasn’t around a lot during the recording but was always there to help support Patrick whenever he was having difficulty with his bandmates. The fighting within the band was being carried into their relationship and Aiden was worried about their future.

One night was a turning point in their relationship.

Aiden was over at Patrick’s, which she usually was on any given night. She was in the dining room, using his table as a mini office to get a paper done for class. She looked up when she heard the door slam from him entering from the garage. She bit her lip and watched him pace the kitchen before she finally got up to check on him.

“Are you okay baby?” She frowned a little.

“Do I look like I’m okay? They all need to pull their heads out of their asses. I’m sick of this shit.” Patrick stalked over to the fridge and took out a bottled water and opened it, taking a swig.

“Bad day?”

“No shit Aiden.” She frowned.

“You don’t need to talk to me like that Patrick. I’m just here to help you.”

“Yeah you and the whole fucking band. ‘Patrick you need to sing it this way’, ‘Patrick you need to do this’, ‘Patrick you need to lose weight because you won’t be able to keep up on tour’. I’m so sick of this shit!” Aiden took a step back. She had never seen him so pissed off before. “And you know, it would have been fucking great to have some backup when I’m ganged up on but you’re never there.”

“What?”

“You heard me. You’re never there anymore. I don’t have your support when I’m going against these guys, Aiden.”

“You shouldn’t be battling your friends Patrick.” He snorted.

“Some friends… Some girlfriend…” She frowned more.

“You know I have work to do for school. You’re the one who encouraged me to take a cut in my hours so I could get it done quicker. I have been nothing but supportive for you Patrick where I can be.”

“Yeah well it hasn’t been enough.”

“Excuse me?”

“It’s not enough.”

“What’s n-not enough Pat?” Aiden felt hurt by his words but she was trying to be strong. She didn’t know where all this was coming from. She had never seen this side of him before. Her Patrick was caring, loving, supportive, never raised his voice to her, sweet. She didn’t know this Patrick.
~~
Across town, a very different conversation was taking place. Pete entered Kat and Aiden’s apartment since Kat had left the door unlocked for him. He sighed and plopped himself down on the couch. Kat poked her head out of the kitchen.

“Babe? What’s wrong?” She walked over to him and sat next to him.

“The band. I just…” He sighed. “Patrick blew a fuse today and derailed a bunch of shit we had finished. He doesn’t like anything. Joe got in his face, Andy had to step between them. It’s just bad.” Kat frowned.

“How bad?” Pete looked at her.

“Really bad. We are all just kind of sick of each other right now and the label is pushing for this to get finished so we can tour this summer with it.”

“You guys can’t tell them to back off?”

“Not really. We can try but we have this studio time and it’s nearly completed. Or well it was until today.” Kat hugged him.

“I’m sorry baby.”

“Thank you babe.” He kissed her temple. “You’ve always been my rock.” Kat smiled.

“I was making some homemade pizza for us tonight.” Pete’s face lite up and she laughed.

“Some lucky woman is getting laaaaid tonight.” Kat laughed again and playfully smacked his arm. Pete chuckled at her action and kissed her softly.
~~
“You, me, the band, everything. None of it is enough.”

“I don’t know what you’re wanting from me Patrick.” He frowned and ran his fingers through his hair after he tossed his hat aside onto the kitchen island.

“I need more. I need you with me more. Come on tour with us, be in the studio with me.”

“You know I can’t.”

“Then maybe I should find someone who is willing to be.” Aiden could feel the tears brimming her eyes.

“What… what are you saying? You’re going to throw this all away because you’re mad at them? You’re going to throw me away?”

“I’m not throwing you away. You’re the one being difficult with me. I’m offering you the world and you’re shutting me down.”

“Shutting you down? I don’t know what drug you have been smoking in that studio but you need to come down off that high horse now.”

“You are shutting me down! I don’t get why you’re being so difficult Aiden.” Aiden went back into the dining room and began to pack up her books and laptop. Patrick followed her. “What are you doing?”

“I’m leaving. I can’t talk to you like this. I don’t know what demon is possessing you right now but you need to cut out the shit.” She sniffled and quick wiped her eyes before she pushed past him and headed outside to her car. Patrick followed her.

“Aiden... baby don’t leave… Leaving isn’t going to resolve anything.” She threw her stuff on the passenger seat and looked at him.

“Neither is you being a complete asshole to someone you love.” Aiden got in her car and packed out of his driveway and drove home.
Sign up to rate and review this story