Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

Chapter 10

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

n/a

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Tuxedo Kamen,Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-08-25 - 9253 words

0Unrated
Sailor Moon's Pokémon Journey

By: USA Tiger

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Pokémon.

Author Note: Oh my god, I so didn’t mean for it to take well over a year to update this, and I have been working on it, believe me I have, but I had the worse writer’s block on some parts of this chapter. I can only hope the next chapter comes to me a lot quicker than this one did.

So, small announcement, quite a number of you have voiced your displeasure of the Usagi/Mamoru pairing I have set for this fic. It doesn’t matter to me one way or another who Usagi is or isn’t paired up with so I had a poll on FF. Net and was left reviews on other sites on whether or not to drop the pairing. I was going to originally keep the poll up for a chapter or two but it took so long for me to update, and the numbers in the poll were staggering, that the poll is already closed. A very large number of you wanted the pairing drops so it is, romance isn’t a huge issue for this fic so as I said it doesn’t bother me one way or another. I’ve already come up with an altered storyline for Mamoru in this fic that will hopefully work for him.

Now, that being said, I want everyone to understand that I do not have any sort of alternate pairing in mind for Usagi. Usagi and Mamoru weren’t even going to see each other until much much later as it was. I only have two favorite male characters from the Pokémon series, N from the Black/White games and James from Team Rocket. And while I like Gary ok, I see them having a brother/sister type relationship plus I’m a Palletshipper. (for those who don’t know, Palletshipping is the pairing between Ash and Gary) I like the Pokémon games for the Pokémon and haven’t watched much of the anime series in years other than catching the movies on TV sometimes and I mostly watched those for the Pokémon.

On another announcement, I finally have a beta/proof reader for this fanfic, my best buddy minion Asilyessam has already gone over this chapter for me and she is combing over the first 9 chapters to help me fix those so those will get a bit of an update soon.

Chapter 10

"So what’s Vermilion City like?” Usagi asked as she and Gary left Cerulean City’s limits. Chip ran out in front of them, meowing loudly as he chased normal butterflies as they fluttered along the flowers off the side of the path.

“Pretty big I guess, it’s the region’s main harbor town so all the ships dock there,” Gary said. “There’s this one cruise ship that travels all around the world that docks there once a year.”

“Really? Ever been on it?” Usagi asked. Gary shrugged his shoulders slightly as he smirked.

“A few times, with Gramps being the most well known Pokémon researcher, our family gets a ticket all the time,” Gary bragged a bit. “Honestly, the S.S. Anne that sails now is really the S.S. Anne II so I haven’t been on the new ship. And the last time I was on the original Anne….” Gary closed off and looked at the ground. Usagi caught the look of sadness in his eyes and wondered what happened. Usagi became worried as Gary became closed off, stopping in the middle of the path as she watched the younger teen. Gary seemed to notice that he was walking by himself after a few steps and stopped to look back at the blond. “Usagi?”

“Gary-chan, are you ok? You looked really sad,” Usagi asked. Gary closed his eyes and looked away for a brief moment.

“It’s nothing Usagi,” He finally said. “Just remembering something that happened, I-I’m not ready to talk about it.”

“Ok,” Usagi started walking again, not wanting to press her companion. “So… any other things to see then?” She asked changing the subject since it seemed to be so painful.

“Well… there is the S.S. Aqua, it’s a small cruise boat that travels between Kanto and Jotho twice a week,” Gary said. “Never been on it myself really.” Gary told Usagi about a few more things as they walked off, Chip falling into step with Usagi as he lost his butterfly.

***

“Cassidy, are you sure she’s gone this way?” Butch asked in a bored tone, arms crossed over his chest as he followed his blond partner.

“Of course!” Cassidy exclaimed with a wave of one hand. “She was in Cerulean City last night but she never stays in the same place for long. If we want to catch that Sailor Moon girl, we’ve got to be one step in front of her.”

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean she’ll be heading to Vermilion City,” Butch pointed out. “She could head to Saffron City or you know anyplace.” Cassidy glared at him over her shoulder, a tick on her forehead. “Or she could be heading to Vermillion City,” Butch said nervously as he held up his hands.

“Humf,” Cassidy stuck her nose up in the air and continued on. Butch sighed softly in relief, he had been on the receiving end of Cassidy’s abuse often enough and didn’t need any new knots on his head even if he was a fast healer. In front of him Cassidy suddenly stopped, making Butch curse as he almost ran into her back.

“What the hell Cassidy,” He muttered.

“Shhh!” Cassidy said, a finger pressed to her lips while her other hand waved. “Listen,” She added in a whisper. Butch frowned and listened along with his partner. He heard someone talking? He looked at Cassidy, communication silently with the other Rocket member then they both crept to the nearby bushes to peek over them.

“Oh, it’s the cute blond girl,” Butch whispered, on the other side of the bushes standing next to the river was Professor Oak’s Grandson Gary and that blond girl they fought back in Pewter City. Cassidy ground her teeth and clutched one hand into a fist in front of her.

“Ooohhhh, I’ve been hoping we would run into them again,” Cassidy said, her voice trembling in a tiny bit of rage. Butch gulped and inched away from his partner slightly, only person that would make the blond that angry was fellow Team Rocket member Jessie. “Come on, we can finally get our revenge and make them regret messing with Team Rocket.” Cassidy said as she grabbed Butch’s arm, making the teal hair teen sigh as he as always went along with the other’s plans.

*****

Gary and Usagi chatted about different things, Gary mostly telling Usagi about places and things he had seen on his travels around the different regions.

“So there’s a moon Pokémon?” Usagi asked curious.

“Yeah, she lives in a shrine on a place called Full Moon Island,” Gary said with a nod. “Professor Rowan took me there once; I got one of her feathers that were lying around. Best night sleep I ever had.”

“What does sleep have to do with anything?” Usagi asked.

“Well Cresseila is able to give people good dreams,” Gary explained. “She also protects people from another Pokémon called Darkrai who’s known to give people nightmares.”

“Eek,” Usagi said with a shiver.

“Meowth,” Chip agreed, his fur standing on end as he arched his back.

“Well I wouldn’t worry about Darkrai giving any of us nightmares since he’s-“ Gary started to say but was interrupted as music started out of nowhere, making the two teens and Pokémon jump.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

Gary and Usagi groaned as they recognized Butch and Cassidy’s voices.

“Weren’t they in jail?” Usagi asked Gary.

“I guess they escaped,” Gary grumbled as a nearby tree shook when Butch and Cassidy each found a branch to stand on.

“It infect the work with devastation!”

“To blight all people in every nation!”

“To denounce the goodness of truth and love!”

“Are you two going to repeat that every time we see you?” Usagi called up to them with her arms crossed over her chest.

“H-hey!” Cassidy yelled as she nearly face faulted out of the tree. “Don’t interrupt!”

“You two are repetitive,” Gary said. “Ash told me those two other Team Rocket members that follow him around at least change up their motto every now and then.”

“Does all these Rocket guys have their own motto?” Usagi asked.

“I honestly don’t think so, no other Team Rocket member I’ve run into does this kinda stuff,” Gray said.

“Quit ignoring us!” Cassidy yelled as she jumped down out of the tree. “I’m going to make you regret going up against us! Go Charizard!”

“Get’m Aggron!” Butch and Cassidy tossed out their Pokeballs, releasing Charizard and Aggron who roared out a challenge. (1)

“Blastoise!”

“Hyperion, Chip go!” Usagi yelled, tossing her Absol’s Pokeball. The ball cracked open and Hyperion leapt into battle with Chip at his side.

“An Absol,” Cassidy whispered in surprised then started to chuckle evilly. “Those are really rare; the boss would love to have one of those.”

“And it’s a lot better than a stupid Pikachu,” Butch agreed.

“You’re about to lose your Pokémon little girl,” Cassidy taunted. “Flamethrower Charizard!”

“Char!” The fire lizard roared, flames building up in his mouth.

“Use Mega Punch,” Butch called.

“Hyperion Razor Wind, Chip Water Pulse!” Usagi said.

“Avoid the Mega Punch then follow up with a Power-up Punch,” Gary called out at the same time.

“Absol!” Hyperion slid to a stop as his horn started to glow a bright white color. Chip spat a Water Pulse at the Charizard right in the larger Pokémon’s mouth, putting out the flames before he could use Flamethrower. As the Charizard coughed, black smoke billowing out of his mouth, Hyperion tossed his head as sickle shaped blades of wind formed up around them, directing the attack at the Charizard.

“Char!” The Charizard roared in surprised pain. Meanwhile Blastoise turned at the last second, the Aggron’s Mega Punch just glancing off her shell while both of her front paws glowed.

“Blast,Blast,Blast,Blast!” Blastoise hit her opponent over and over, each of her punches landed harder than the last. The last punch landed in the middle of Arggon’s chest, sending the Steel Pokémon flying back. Cassidy growled under her breath, a tick appearing on her forehead as she clutched her hand in a fist.

“You annoying little brat,” the older blond said. “Radicate, take out that Meowth and do it right this time!”

“Radicate,” Radicate appeared in a white flash in front of Chip who gave a cat-like smirk and showed off his claws.

“Oh no you don’t, tackle and bite!” Usagi said.

“Charizard, get up into the air so the Absol can’t get you!” Cassidy ordered. The Charizard roared and beat his wings, sending dust and grass blades flying as he took off into the air.

“Umm Umm, Taunt it Hyperion! Make it good and mad,” Usagi said, knowing a hot headed person or creature could make mistakes if taunted. Hyperion turned around wiggling his bottom and bat-wing like tail then sticking his tongue out at the other Pokémon. Charizard roared in rage at the insult, diving at Hyperion with his claws outstretched.

“Wait, stop!” Cassidy called but Charizard was unable to hear her over his anger and the sound of the rushing wind. Hyperion waited until the last second then leapt to the side.

“Char!” Charizard tried to swing himself upright, beating his wings in an effort to stop but his momentum was too great causing the fire type Pokémon to crash into the ground head over tail.

“Get him!” Usagi called. Hyperion rushed forward to use Bite, his teeth digging into Charizard’s tail who roared in pain. At the same time Hyperion was facing off against Charizard, Chip rushed forward and Tackled the Radicate before the rat like Pokémon could make a move. Chip promptly bit Radicate’s ear after moving to cling to the other Pokémon’s back so the Radicate couldn’t get him with those oversized teeth.

“Shake that cat off and use Super Fang!” Cassidy yelled. “And you, use Fire Spin!” she added looking over at Charizard who had shaken Hyperion off his tail and quickly took to the air again. Charizard quickly drew in a breath then let out a stream of controlled fire in the direction of Hyperion. At the same time Chip let go of the Radicate and started to run in the direction of his team mate with Radicate following him with glowing teeth. Chip tackled Hyperion, the momentum knocking both of Usagi’s Pokémon out of the path of the small fire tornado. Instead the Fire Spin caught Radicate who had run into its path.

“Radicate!” Radicate yelled in surprise as he saw swept up by the fire. The Pokémon became very dizzy he was spun around and around until the force of the vortex slung the Radicate out of the attack at a high rate of speed.

“Charizard!” The Charizard roared in alarm with wide eyes as the dizzy Radicate came flying at him. The smaller Pokémon crashed into the Charizard like a mini missile, sending both Pokémon flying through the air right at Cassidy who yelled in alarm as she was hit by both of them and sent flying alongside them deep into the surrounding woods. Usagi winced slightly at the sight.

“That had to hurt,” She said.

At the same time on the other side of the battle field…

“Hyper Beam!” Butch called out. Aggron opened his mouth, a beam of pure energy building up.

“RON!” The beam shot out of Aggron’s mouth toward Blastoise.

“Rapid Spin!” Gary quickly called. Blastoise quickly drew her head and limbs into her shell, spinning in place as the Hyper Beam hit her. The attacked pushed her back but left little damage as the energy beam split into two on either side of her. “Water Gun!” Blastoise quickly withdrew from her shell and aimed her water cannons at Aggron who was busy recovering from using his attack. The blast of water hit the Aggron, who was already weakened by Blastoise’s last attack and worn out even further by using the Hyper Beam, right in the face. It knocked the Steal Pokémon over onto his back and he laid there too tired to move.

“Aggron!” Butch growled but his Pokémon only gave his a tried look. Butch groaned and reached for another Pokeball when he noticed that he couldn’t hear the sound of Cassidy battling any more. He glanced over to the other side of the clearing and only saw Usagi and her two Pokémon. “Cassidy?”

“She went that way,” Usagi pointed into the woods. Butch groaned and quickly recalled his Aggron then ran toward the direction that Usagi pointed. He stopped at the edge and turned to face the other two teens.

“This isn't over blah blah blah, we’ll have our revenge blah blah blah,” Butch quoted, knowing this was something Cassidy would have said. “Oh, and we’ll have your Pokémon one day as well!” He added then disappeared into the tree line, calling Cassidy’s name all the way.

“Think we’ll see them again?” Usagi mused.

“More than likely,” Gary said with a sigh. “They’re like Zubats in a cave, they’re everywhere and you can’t seem to get rid of them.”

“Come on, let’s get out of here before they try to make it back,” Usagi suggested.

“Yeah, I think the path we need is this way,” Gary agreed.

****

Rauko watched in amusement as the large blue alligator-like creature ordered the smaller creatures in the lagoon around. The creature had such rage in it and the way it took that rage out on the other ‘Pokémon’ creatures of this world…. Rauko chuckled to himself, this Feraligatr would make a perfect puppet and there was no little moon princess here to stop his creation. The dark elf faded from view then reappeared in front of the raging Feraligatr.

“Feral?” The Feraligatr leaned back in surprise as a human, or what appeared to be human anyway, appeared in front of him. “Gatr! Feraligatr fer!” His eyes started to glow red as he entered Rage and opened his mouth wide a powerful Water Gun attack building up.

“Now now, none of that,” Rauko tutted at the Feraligatr, wagging his pointer finger at the water type. “You should respect your betters.” Rauko flicked his wrist at his soon-to-be puppet, startling Feraligatr out of his Rage as he was flung back into the wall of the waterfall. He roared in pain as he smashed into the sharp rocks, scattering the other Pokémon in the lagoon who had been glued to the spot in horror. Many of them fled their home in the lagoon while others hid themselves.

Feraligatr fell to the ground below, landing with a pained growl. Pushing himself up, the Feraligatr shook his head then glared in the direction of his attacker. Rauko just smirked at the Pokémon, seemingly amused by his pain. Feraligatr roared loudly and used his powerful legs to charge at Rauko at a speed most would have a hard time dodging. His mouth was open wide, ready to attack the elf and tear him to pieces. Rauko stood his ground, watching as the Feraligatr came closer and closer until at the last second when he held his hand out in front of him, a dark ball of energy gathering in the palm.

Rauko’s magic flew out and met the charging Feraligatr head on, flinging the Pokémon into the cool waters of the lagoon with a mighty splash. There was a bright glow under the rippling water for several seconds and as soon as the light died away, something very large rose up out of the water with a mighty roar. The Feraligatr’s skin was now a much darker shade of blue and the already sharp teeth the creature had before where now much longer and deadlier, two of which extended down past his jaw giving him a saber-tooth look. His red crest was now the color of blood and ran all along the length of his back and claws were wicked sharp. Lastly the Feraligatr’s eyes were a solid blood, glowing red.

“Very nice,” Rauko praised, pleased with the form his magic had created. “Go now, gather energy for our queen and kingdom.” The elf laughed and disappeared from sight as the Feraligatr-monster roared into the night and started tearing the lagoon apart to get to the few Pokémon that were still hiding there. The frightened Pokémons’ screams rang into the night.

***

Down by the river Mamoru and Brock looked up startled as a loud roar echoed around them followed by the terrified screams of Pokémon. Buizel jumped up from where he was sitting on the crest of the hill and rushed down to the river, looking toward the lagoon worried.

“Zel!” The Buizel called then jumped into the river, using his twin tails to propel him through the water.

“Come on!” Brock said as he took off after the Pokémon. Mamoru didn’t hesitate for a moment, scooping up Budew and chasing after Brock along the river bank.

“Zel bui Buizel!” the two young men made it to the lagoon in time to see Buizel confronting the transformed Feraligatr.

“What in the name of Mew is that?” Brock yelped in shock at seeing the Feraligatr-monster. Mamoru looked around the Lagoon, all around where Pokémon laying very still looking close to death then looked back at the large monster the Buizel faced. It looked a lot like the large blue Pokémon that had attacked Buizel earlier in the day but transformed.

“It’s the Feraligatr,” Mamoru said. “It’s been transformed.” He had seen plenty of people and even animals changed into monsters by one group of enemy or the other to know what he was looking at.

“Transformed?” Brock repeated. “By what!? And how!?”

In the water the Feraligatr-monster lunged for Buizel. Buizel yelled and turned, his tails glowing and sending off a Sonic Boom attack that caught the Feraligatr across the nose.

“Brock, take Budew and get out of here,” Mamoru said as he handed his little grass type over to the shocked Brock.

“What? We’ve gotta help them,” Brock said, holding the Budew with one hand and waving at the hurt Pokémon with the other.

“I am going to help but you need to get to safety first,” Mamoru argued. “I know how to fight something like this, you could get hurt or even killed.” Brock stared at Mamoru, wondering what the older man was up to then nodded his head.

“Alright, I’ll take Budew out of here but don’t think I’ll be staying away too long,” Brock said. These Pokémon needed his help and he couldn’t just stand by and let them get hurt. As soon as Brock left Mamoru took a red rose out of the inner pocket of his jacket and used it to transform into Tuxedo Mask.

Tuxedo Mask jumped to the high branches of the trees around the lagoon and threw one of his razor sharp roses at the transformed Feraligatr. It caught the end of the creature’s nose, leaving a deep gash in its wake. The Feraligatr-monster roared loudly in surprise, giving Buizel a chance to swim away to a higher point in the area. Skipping his usual habit of making a motivational speech as there was no one around to hear it, Tuxedo Mask leaped from the tree to land in front of the Feraligatr, his re-enforced cane coming up in time to block attempted blow to his head.

Buizel looked at Tuxedo Mask in surprise, wondering where the man had come from and why he was wearing human formal wear. Mamoru never noticed as he was too busy blocking attacks and jumping out of the way of the ones he couldn’t while trying to keep all of the weakened Pokémon out of the line of attack and trying to think of a way to defeat the Feraligatr, hopefully without killing it. He knew he was in a bit of a fix here, Tuxedo Mask was mostly support for Sailor Moon and Chibi Sailor Moon not to mention the rest of the scouts. He had no way to heal and change back the Feraligatr, not like his Usagi did. Well… not unless….

Mamoru panted as he landed next to the startled Buizel.

“You should leave before you get hurt,” he warned the otter-like Pokémon softly.

“Buizel!” Buizel shook his head; he wasn’t going to leave his friends alone.

“I admire your desire to stay by your friends’ side,” Tuxedo Mask said. The Feraligatr-monster chose that moment to attempt flambé the pair in a very Godzilla like movement as the crest on the creature’s back glowed and an enchanted stream of fire was breathed in the pair’s direction, an attack that was added by the spell Rauko cast as Feraligatrs couldn’t use fire-based moves. Tuxedo Mask cursed and grabbed Buizel jumping out of the way just in time to avoid being roasted. He jumped on top of the Feraligatr-monster’s head and used it to get to much higher ground by the waterfalls.

“I need your help,” Tuxedo Mask said as he set the Buizel back on his feet and knelt down in front of the small Pokémon.

“Zel?” Buizel asked.

“I would rather keep you from danger but if you were able to distract the Feraligatr long enough, I might be able to change him back and help the rest of your friends,” The Earth prince explained. “Though I don’t think I could do anything for his attitude.”

“Buizel,” The Buizel nodded and dived over the edge of the rocks into the waters below. Its tails propelled the Pokémon through the water quickly toward the Feraligatr then with an extra burst of speed exploded out of the water above the transformed Pokémon. “BUIZEL!” Buizel yelled as his tails glowed and he twisted in mid-air, sending a Sonic Boom attack toward his foe.

“RROOOAAARR!” The Feraligatr-monster roared in anger and pain as the attack struck him across the face. The creature’s eyes glowed in anger as the crest on its back started to glow again and a deadly fire built up in its mouth.

“Zel!” Thinking quickly Buizel jumped into the water sending up a Water Spout into the air that blocked most of the fire that roared in his direction. He was still hit by some of the fire, singeing his orange fur and causing the otter-like Pokémon to hiss in pain from the burns. He saw the Feraligatr lunge at him out of the corner of his eye with a mouth full of sharp deadly teeth and used Quick Attack to dart out of the way before using another Sonic Boom to knock back the other creature.

Meanwhile, up above on the rocks, while Buizel fought against his opponent, Tuxedo Mask cupped his hands in front of his and concentrated. A glow started to appear between his hands, getting brighter and brighter then disappearing just as quickly leaving behind a blood red crystal with gold flecks shaped like a rose between his hands.

Mamoru looked down at the Rose Crystal in his hands, wondering if his idea would even work. The Rose Crystal was a small fraction of the Golden Crystal, a powerful magical item that Mamoru protected in his past life as Prince Endymion to protect his own kingdom, named the Golden Kingdom. When his soul was sent with the rest of Serenity’s court to be reborn in the future the Golden Crystal was sent to Helios, the head priest of Elysion the capital of the Golden Kingdom and Endymion’s friend. Part of the crystal though had gone with the soul of the reborn Endymion and formed the Rose Crystal. (2)

It wasn’t as powerful as the Golden Crystal, being only a fraction of the original, and certainly wasn’t as powerful as Usagi’s Ginzuishou, but he hoped it would be enough to return the Pokémon below back to normal. He had never done this before, it was always Sailor Moon who healed the people that were turned into monsters.

‘But Usa-chan isn’t here and I don’t want to kill that Pokémon,’ Mamoru thought as he held the crystal close to his chest with one hand then leaping off the rocks to the lagoon below. He landed on the ground in front of the Buizel and knocked the Feraligatr’s attack to the side with his cane. “Get back!”

Buizel shouted in alarm and quickly dove into the water while Mamoru held his hands out in front of him, the Rose Crystal floating between his palms. As he channeled his energy through the crystal, Mamoru’s tuxedo melted away changing into his armor as Prince Endymion, his cape flapping wildly behind him as the wind kicked up around him. The Feraligatr-monster at the same time started forward to attack the prince then halted, his gaze on the brightly glowing crystal between the man’s hands.

Gritting his teeth Endymion concentrated on healing the Pokémon, channeling that want through his crystal, and flung the energy at the Feraligatr in a flash of light that appeared like rose petals. The Feraligatr roared in surprise as the light completely surrounding him, the pure healing energy pushing out all the dark magics used to change him. Buizel watched with wide eyes as the monsterish form of the Feraligatr shrunk back down to normal size then with one last flash the light died away, leaving behind the alligator like Pokémon behind.

The Feraligatr swayed on his feet for a few seconds then fell over, landing in the water of the lagoon with a large splash. A wave of water doused Endymion who held up a hand as he became soaked. His whole body ached now and he felt very weary from using so much energy to return the Feraligatr back to normal. Drawing the crystal back into his core, Endymion’s form melted back into Mamoru who staggered then fell to the rocks in a tired heap.

‘How does Usa-chan do this all the time?’ Mamoru wondered tiredly. Buizel swam closer to the group of rocks that Mamoru laid on, looking around in pleasant surprise as all of his friends started to come back around. He couldn’t believe it, not only had the human turned the Feraligatr back to normal he somehow managed to make all of his friends well again.

“Zel,” Buizel said as he moved over to Mamoru’s side.

“Heh, you don’t look any worse for wear,” Mamoru said tiredly. “Thank you for your help.”

“Buizel zel buibui Buizel,” Buizel said.

“Mamoru!” Brock called as he came crashing back into the lagoon, stopping just in time so not to fall into the water then looked around in shock. Everything was back to normal and the hurt Pokémon from before were up and moving again. “How… Never mind,” the youth shook his head, he had seen much stranger things in the last few years while traveling around with Ash and Pikachu. “Mamoru, are you ok?” Brock asked as he quickly dashed over to his new friend’s side, kneeling next to the older man.

“Just a bit weak,” Mamoru said as he slowly sat up, groaning loudly. “Budew?”

“I left her back at the camp with Croagunk,” Brock said. “She’s safe. What happened here? How did you stop Feraligatr?”

“It’s a very complicated story,” Mamoru said. “But let’s just say I healed him and turned him back to normal. Not sure how that’s going to help in the end, that thing will still be a brute.”

“We can always contact Nurse Joy at the Pokémon center, maybe they can relocate it someplace else,” Brock said as he helped Mamoru to stand up. In the water the Feraligatr stirred and rose back out of the water. He blinked and looked around, not remembering much of what had happen.

“Gatr!” He roared, already demanding food be brought to him, he was famished. The other Pokémon in the lagoon quivered in fear but Buizel’s fur puffed out in anger. He was sick and tired of their once kind leader pushing them around.

“Buizel!” Buizel yelled as he moved to stand in front of the lager Pokémon. He started telling Feraligatr off in the Poké-language, telling the blue Pokémon how displeased he was with him and how he hoped everyone would stand up to the bully once and for all and to get his own Mew-damned food! Feraligatr blinked down at the orange Pokémon in surprise then attempted to bite Buizel in punishment for speaking out against him. But Buizel was done being pushed around by the lager water type and quickly flung a Sonic Boom attack in the gaping maw.

“FERAL!” Feraligatr clamped his forepaws over his snout in surprise while Buizel sniffed at him and turned his back on the larger Pokémon. Brock and Mamoru watched in surprise and amusement.

“Well, maybe he won’t have to be relocated,” Brock said as he watched the Pokémon speak among themselves. “Maybe they’ll stand up for themselves now and not let him push them around.”

“I hope so,” Mamoru said tiredly. “Let’s get out of here, I’m about to fall over.” Brock quickly slung Mamoru’s arm over his shoulder and helped carry the older man out of the lagoon. Buizel glanced around his home, looking at his friends then at the Feraligatr who glared back at him. Sniffing at the other Pokémon, Buizel turned and followed the two humans out.

****

On the cliff above the lagoon, Rauko watched the battle between Mamoru and his creation, sneering as the Earth Prince defeated his monster and disrupted the flow of energy he had been collecting. Well he had found the Earth Prince as ordered, and had well prepared to kill the human while he was weak but something stayed his hand. There was something about Mamoru spirit, a dark spot small and hidden to anyone who wasn’t practiced enough to find it. The Elven man tapped his long fingers again his chin in thought… he could very well turn this to his queen’s advantage…

And if she didn’t agree to his plan, well he knew where the boy was now it would be easy enough to dispatch him. With an evil grin, Rauko faded out of view and reappeared within Ozma’s throne room.

“Your grace,” He said as he knelt in front of the cold queen’s throne.

“Any news on my son Rauko?” Ozma asked.

“No my queen, we have yet to locate him but I have located the Earth Prince at last,” Rauko informed her. Ozma raised a sculptured eyebrow at the news.

“I am assuming he is dead then,” She said.

“No my queen, he is not,” Rauko said.

“And why not?” Ozma asked coldly. “Surely a pitiful mortal such as the prince would have been no match for you.”

“Of course not your majesty,” Rauko agreed. “If you wish it I shall return and remove his head from his body but… if I may? I do have a suggestion.” Ozma tapped her fingers on the arm of her throne for a moment before nodding.

“Speak then Rauko,” She commanded. Rauko stood so he could create an image of Mamoru, brining up what he saw of the man’s spirit.

“I observed this within the Earth prince my queen,” Rauko explained. “Small but corrupted part of his spirit, I believe it is a left over from the time Queen Beryl had brainwashed him. No matter how many times he is reborn, this will always be a part of him. The corruption is small but even that is enough to use to our advantage.”

“I see,” Ozma said as she studied the image. “And what do you purpose?”

“With the right spells, I can snap the connection he and Princess Serenity have,” Rauko said. “Without that protection of her magic, it will leave the boy’s spirit open enough for me to widen the corruption and will allow us to control him. Collared and bound to us, I think he would make an excellent minion and leave the princess open and free to your son.” (3)

“Hmm…” Ozma considered the plan, she hated having loose ends but this idea did have merit. “I can see where this would be an advantage to our cause… I give you leave to do as you wish Rauko. But if the Earth prince begins to cause problems, I expect you to depose of him.”

“As you wish my queen,” Rauko said with a flourished bow then disappeared into the shadows.

****

Sydney stood outside the doors of Saffron City’s hospital, watching people and their Pokémon pass by without a care in the world. On the street several vehicles, busses and big trucks drove pass. People on bikes weaved in and out of traffic with ease and Sydney stood there at a loss at what he should do.

“Growl?” His Growlithe asked, nudging his furry head under his master’s hand. Sydney absently scratched the Pokémon behind his ears while he sighed and picked a random direction to walk. The teen had just been released from the hospital, the doctors had done everything they could think of to jog Sydney’s memory but not even the hospital’s psychic Pokémon had been able find his memories. They had also tried to find his family but no matter how many times they ran the name ‘Sydney Cooke’ through the systems, there wasn’t anything to find on him except his name that was registered under the Pokémon league trainers. It was as if he didn’t exist before now…

Sydney snorted softly, that was a silly thought he was standing right there after all. But still it was depressing not to know anything about one’s self. The doctors thought that maybe he could discover his memories on his own as they had no reason to keep him at the hospital once he was healed from his injuries.

But where was he to start? Sydney knew nothing of himself and nothing from before. No… that wasn’t completely true… He blushed as he remembered the pretty blond girl. He didn’t know who the girl was but she was beautiful, long blond hair pulled up into two round buns, stunning blue eyes, a heart shaped face with a cute button nose… The problem was that he didn’t know if this was somebody he had met before or if it was just something in his imagination. He hoped it was the first, the doctors did mention he had been traveling with two other teenagers around his age… maybe the girl was one of them?

‘Where would I even start to look?’ Sydney wondered, a frown marring his face.

“Team Rocket plans were once again thwarted in a combined effort of the police and the new Anti-Rocket team. In other news the mysterious Sailor Moon once again showed herself recently,” A lady news caster on the T.V. said as Sydney and Growlithe walked past the store selling them. Sydney stopped and turned toward the window display to watch, something about that name… “The recent attacks on Pokémon and Humans alike, turning them into monstrous versions of themselves that in turn attack everything they see. The most recent transformation centered on one of Cerulean City’s Gym Leaders, the youngest Misty as seen here in this footage-“

The scene on the screen of the T.V. switched from the News Room to a recorded footage of a large mer-maid like monster attacking people and their Pokémon. There was something… familiar about that, something that niggled in the back of Sydney’s mind, but try as he might he couldn’t grasp it. The new footage changed to later in the fight were of Sailor Moon fighting against the changed Misty and had changed her back. Sydney’s breath caught in his throat, who ever this Sailor Moon girl was she was beautiful… again something niggled in the back of his mind but this time he ignored it as he turned to Growlithe.

“We should start out at Cerulean City, maybe work our way out from there,” He said.

“Growl?” Growlithe asked, his head tilted to the side in a questioning manner.

“I just feel…” Sydney glanced back at the T.V. again but it had changed from the news report about Sailor Moon to notable Gym battles that day. It showed the different Pokémon Gyms from around Kanto and each Gym Leader fighting against trainers. Sydney gasped and pressed his hands to the window, watching as it switched to Cerulean City’s gym and Misty’s battle against Usagi. “It’s her!” It was the same girl from his dreams, the one with the blond hair and the blue eyes. “She’s real… I’ve got to find her. Yes Cerulean City is the place to start, maybe we can catch up to her from there.” He turned on his heel and walked down the street with a determine stride, Growlithe on his heels, looking for a bus station to take him to his desired destination.

*****

Usagi cheered as Hyperion knocked the cute little blue lion looking Pokémon called Shinx head over tail into the dirt.

“Sh-shinx,” the Pokémon said as it stumbled to its feet, wobbling around then shook its head. The Shinx started at Hyperion for a moment as if sizing the other Pokémon up. Hyperion didn’t look concerned at all as he sat down on his hind quarters and started scratching behind curved horn on his head like a dog. Shinx decided that the fight was too much for it and turned tail, running back into the underbrush and into the surrounding forest.

“Not bad Usagi,” Gary said. For two days the teens had been traveling from Cerulean City to Vermilion and they still had a few more days to go before reaching the port city. There was at least one small town on this route they could stop in for the night but it was still another day or so away, depending on how fast they moved. In the meantime, Usagi stopped and trained her three Pokémon against wild Pokémon and even some other trainers they met either on the path or in the clearings just off the road.

Luckily they hadn’t seen hide or hair of those two Team Rocket nut jobs Butch and Cassidy. Nor had they seen any more humans or Pokémon transformed into monsters. Both Usagi and Gary knew there were some still out there but so far they hadn’t ran into any more while in the forest.

Gary suggested Usagi train as much as possible, Vermilion City’s gym leader Lt. Surge was not someone who played around. The former army officer had some very tough Pokémon, and was most well know for have a very tough Raichu, Gary remembered just barely beating the man when he had come for the Thunder Badge. Usagi had been lucky so far in getting the Boulder and Cascade badges but Surge would make her and her Pokémon work for the Thunder Badge.

“Well it’s Hyperion that does all the work,” Usagi said with a small laugh as she rubbed the back of her head.

“You need to remember you and your Pokémon are a team, when they win you win,” Gary said. He picked up his pack by his feet and slung it over his shoulder. “Ready to move on?”

“Hai,” Usagi said then pointed Hyperion’s pokeball as him and recalled the dark type. As they continued down the path, slowly walking up a hill until they came into a break in the trees on the edge of a cliff that over looked the land. “Whoa, what city is that?” She asked pointing at a very large city she could see in the distance. While neither Pewter or Cerulean City were small by any means, and this city was nowhere as large as say Tokyo, it was still pretty damn huge.

“Saffron City,” Gary said as he stopped next to the older teen. “That’s where Gym Leader Sabrina is based, she uses psychic Pokémon and pretty powerful psychic herself.”

“So why aren’t we heading there?” Usagi asked.

“Meowth,” Chip agreed from where he stood by Usagi.

“Sabrina is one of the most powerful gym leaders,” Gary explained. “No offense but I don’t think you’re anywhere ready to face her.”

“Ah, gotcha then,” Usagi said trusting Gary to know what he’s talking about. “Moving on,” Usagi turned on her heel and started down the path once more with Chip hot on her heels. Gary smirked in amusement and followed, wondering if he should have told her Saffron City had some of the best places to shop… then decided that maybe it was better if he didn’t. He knew enough girls, including his sister and the cheerleaders he had traveled around with, that some just loved to go shop. Not true for all girls but Usagi struck him as a girl who did.

Further up the path was when they ran into a new kind of trouble. A pair of teens, one boy and one girl, stood on the side of the path. Each were holding a sign, that had a small silver ‘p’ in the corner, that said ‘Free Pokémon!’ and ‘Trainers are slavers!’ and were stopping trainers on the path. Many trainers looked annoyed at whatever the pair was saying and many of them walked away in an annoyed huff. When Gary noticed them he gave a very soft groan.

“Pokémon are intelligent creatures and should be free!” The girl said loudly as Gary and Usagi neared them.

“Pokeballs are prisons!” The boy said then noticed Usagi. “You there!”

“Who me?” Usagi asked pointing to herself.

“Yes! I see that you do not use a Pokeball for your Meowth?” The boy said. “Why is that?” Usagi gave Gary a confused look while Gary just signed and face palmed.

“Because he likes walking around?” Usagi said.

“Owth,” Chip said as he sat at Usagi’s feet, his tail curled up around his paws.

“Yet you keep him shackled to you, forcing him to fight I bet!” The girl said.

“Ummm… Chip likes to fight,” Usagi pointed out.

“A typical answer from a clueless slaver!” The girl cried loudly. “Everyday trainers force their Pokémon to fight in mindless battles, heedless to the Pokémon’s wants!”

“But there is another way!” The boy added stepping closer to Usagi. Usagi quickly stepped back as the boy breeched her comfort zone. Chip quickly jumped onto Usagi’s shoulder and gave the boy a warning hiss to step away from his mistress. “Free your Pokémon, let them return to the wild where they belong and would be happier!”

“Look, Chip, Titan and Hyperion came of their own free will, I’m not forcing them into anything,” Usagi said as she put her hands on her hips and stared the boy down.

“Yeah right, as if any Pokémon would want to enslave themselves to a human,” The girl said.

“Don’t let yourself be deceived,” The boy said. “The Meowth would be happier if you let it go back to the family to you took it away from.”

Chip had had enough, his flexed his paw letting his claws pop out and raked the sharp tips down the boy’s sign. “Meowth!”

The boy stared dumbfounded as his sign fell to the ground in pieces. Gary busted out laughing and put his hands on Usagi’s back, pushing her down the path.

“Mew, that was the greatest thing ever,” Gary said as he wiped a tear from his amber color eye.

“What was that about?” Usagi said glancing back down the way they came where the boy and girl stood over the ruined sign. Gary sighed and crossed his arms over his chest as he looked up into tree branches overhead.

“Pokémon rights activists,” He said with a sigh. “You run across them sometimes, people who protest Pokémon trainers and battles. They think it’s abuse what we do. I guess their heart is in the right place, and there are some people who should never be trainers, but a lot of people and Pokémon like working together.”

“Oh,” Usagi said. She supposed that made sense and guess they were similar to Animals Asia Foundation, AAF for short, or PeTA. Pokémon were animals after all, or most of them were anyway, Usagi had seen some that looked like anything from a pokeball with a face to a set of keys in her Pokédex.

“A lot of the stuff they complained about they were misinformed about or isn’t true for everyone. A Pokémon has better hearing, sight, and smell than a human, and that’s not counting the ones that can read minds or see into the future, they can easily avoid a trainer in the wild,” Gary said as he ran a hand through his hair. “And just because a trainer catches a Pokémon doesn’t mean the Pokémon will listen to their trainer. And most trainers treat their Pokémon great, you might run into a few who abuse their Pokémon but it’s not everyone.

“You sound like you’ve had to deal with these guys before,” Usagi said. Gary snorted softly and shook his head.

“Not so much on the road, you might run into a small group in the cities and towns but not often,” He said. “But Gramps is one of the top researchers on Pokémon, and the most well known. Activist groups will sometimes picket outside any lectures he’s giving and we’ve had a couple of times where a couple of more…” he huffed softly as he tried to think of the right, and polite, word to use. “Passionate I guess you could say activists broke into Gramps’s lab. Even broke down a gate to the area where the Pokémon stay once.”

“Oh! Did all the Pokémon run out?” Usagi asked.

“Nah,” Gary said with a wave of his hand. “Most of them didn’t leave, the Pokémon are pretty content where they are and those who do get called back by their trainers seem pretty happy to go. Gramps and his assistants take really good care of the Pokémon at the lab. Not to say some didn’t run away but it was only a hand full…. And a whole herd of Tauroses that belongs to Ash. Not they were unhappy or anything, they just have a bad habit of running wild, they always come back after rampaging the town.”

“But those animal…err… Pokémon rights guys still bother you,” Usagi said. Gary hunched his shoulders slightly.

“It’s annoying being told that I abuse my Pokémon,” Gary groused. “I might have been a bit of a jerk to people when I was younger but I always took care of my Pokémon. Battling can be dangerous, a Pokémon can get seriously hurt and some can even die from a battle. It’s rare but it does happen and some of those Muk-loving…” He snapped his mouth closed and grit his teeth. “They act like trainers don’t care when their Pokémon are accidently killed during battle… and maybe some don’t…. but most do and it hurts to lose them.”

“You… you had that happen to you didn’t you,” Usagi said softly. Gary sighed and nodded, amber eyes filled with sorrow. He looked around and saw a fallen tree off the side of the road and motioned for Usagi to follow him. He sat down with yet another sigh and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. Usagi say beside him, Chip moving from the blond’s shoulder to her lap.

“One of the first Pokémon I caught with Blastoise, a Squirtle then, was a Rattata. There wasn’t much too him but he was loyal and a good friend and good partner. He evolved into a Radicate even, he was one of my best Pokémon,” Gary said softly. “Remember how I told you my Gramps use to get tickets to the S.S. Anne? The last time I visited Vermilion City I went on board to battle some trainers from around the world and to visit with the ship’s captain, he’s an old friend of my Grandpa’s. On my way out of the captain’s cabin I ran into Red and I challenged him into a battle like I always did. I lost, of course, and I went on my way to get off the ship and head to the Pokémon center.

“I was so frustrated at the time with losing to Red again I didn’t pay attention to how hurt Radicate was from the battle. I got stopped several times to talk to people who wanted to ask me about Gramps and by the time I got off the ship it was late. I got to the center and handed Nurse Joy my Pokémon like I always did and went to wait,” Gary buried his head in his hands, fingers fisting in his hair. “A few minutes later Nurse Joy came out and asked me to come with her. She led me to the back and told me that R-radicate had died. His injuries from the fight with Red had been bad and I waited too long to heal him.” (4)

“Oh Gary,” Usagi said as she drew the younger teen into her arms and let him cry. Chip nuzzled his head against Gary’s trying to offer comfort.

“I was too busy moping over a stupid match and letting myself be distracted by other people,” Gary said through his tears. “I didn’t even stop to think and heal any over them with potions. I let one of my Pokémon die because I was so stupid!” He really started to sob then, his shoulders shaking as his grief filled cries echoed through the forest.

****

Author note: (1) In the episode Grating Spaces, a Delibird that may or may not belong to Team Rocket delivered a Aggron and Charizard to Jesse and James that were suppose to go to Butch and Cassidy but were delivered to the other two by mistake. The Delibird came back for the two Pokemon and it's been assumed that Butch and Cassidy did get the Pokemon in the end.

(2) The Rose Crystal is the Golden Crystal, it was renamed Rose Crystal for one of the games. I twisted it so it's just a small piece of the original Golden Crystal that Mamoru can use until he's ready to control the full Golden Crystal again.

(3) I'll be honest, I got this idea from the original Power Rangers, during the third season around the time Kat replaced Kimberly as the Pink Ranger. Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd had kidnapped Kat and Tommy had gone to save her, one of the two of them had informed Tommy that since Kat had already been one of their brainwashed minions that she could be turned evil again and the same applied to Tommy from when he had been under Rita's control, that the taint would always stay with them no matter what.

(4) This is a pretty common theory among Pokemon fans, in the games when Blue/Gary fights Red he has a Rattata/Radicate on his team up until the fight on the S.S. Anne. The next time to you see Gary is at the Pokemon tower were all the dead Pokemon are laid to rest, he doesn't fight you there but the next place his does his Radicate is gone. A lot of people believe that Radicate was killed or died right after the battle on the ship and Gary went to the Pokemon tower to bury his Pokemon and that is the reason why it's gone afterward.
Sign up to rate and review this story