Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Sailor Moon's Pokemon Journey

Chapter 11

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

n/a

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-07-22 - 4545 words

0Unrated






Sailor Moon's Pokémon Journey




By: USA Tiger




Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Pokémon.




Author note: Oh lordy… nearly two years since I updated this one. (sweatdrops ^.^;;;; ) I swear I have been working on this chapter the whole time but… yeah a combo writer’s block and then there was a while where I just didn’t feel like writing at all…. So it’s a little less than half of what I usually post and it’s more of a filler chapter but I figured it was better than nothing.




So announcement, I started a poll on fanfiction dot net a few months ago thinking I would be updating the fic soon (see how well that worked out -__- ), when they showed off the new versions of the Vulpix/Ninetails, I just loved it and I plan on giving Usagi a Vuplix as one of her team but now I torn on which to give her, a classic Fire Vulpix or the new Alolan Ice Vulpix. I can work with either one and I’ll leave the poll up for a little longer so everyone can cast a vote, currently the Alolan Vulpix is in the lead. For the other places I post this either leave a comment which one you prefer or you can vote on my twitter @usa_tiger1983. I’ll leave both polls up for at least a week (twitter only lets you keep a poll up for a week) then I will close them out and work the winner into the fic.




Thanks to my beta/minion Asilyessam for checking the chapter over.







Chapter 11







In the resort city of Hutber Port on the island of Porta Vista, a 14 year old teenage girl sat at the counter at the dinner close to the city’s port her head down on the countertop. Beside her sat a Meowth with purplish-black fur, red eyes and wearing a pink collar around its neck with a crescent moon charm hanging off of it. The black Meowth was currently watching the news report on the TV hanging on the wall.




“Hmmm, Luna didja have to get me up so early?” the blond girl asked, her voice muffled by the countertop.




“You know our boat for Vermilion City leaves in just a little bit,” the Meowth called Luna said. “If I had let you sleep as late as you wanted, you would have missed the boat Serena.” The girl groaned and lifted her head. She had bright blue eyes and long blond hair pulled up into twin round buns on top of her head and had long streamers of hair coming from each bun down to the back of her thighs. She wore a pink pleated skirt and a white baby-t shirt with a pink crescent moon in the front.




“It might have been worth it,” She said. “We could have stayed another week in Acapulco.”




“Don’t be ridiculous Serena,” Luna said with a roll of her red eyes. Serena pouted and folded her arms on the counter, leaning her chin in one hand. Serena, who had only been a Pokémon trainer for about a year, had gone to Acapulco for a Pokémon Contest, which she enjoyed a lot more than Pokémon battles. She lost of course but she and her Buneary had gotten 4th place which wasn’t too bad considering how many people had entered. Luna, the black furred Meowth, had originally been her mother’s Pokémon but was given to Serena so the Meowth could keep an eye on the teen as she traveled.




“In other news, the mysterious new figure Sailor Moon was spotted again last night in Cerulean City,” The new reporter said on the TV. Serena perked up and stood, her hands braced on the counter.




“Turn that up!” She said. The dinner owner rolled his eyes but used a remote to turn up the volume. Serena gave the figure of Sailor Moon an admiring look as she sat back down.




“She is so cool,” She said.




“I find it strange that she always just happens to turn up when one of those creatures attack,” Luna said with a sniff.




“Don’t be like that Luna, she’s great,” Serena said defending the heroine. “Wow, what I wouldn’t give to be just like her.”




“What? Fight monsters in that indecently short skirt?” Luna said with a scoff. “Really Serena. Come on, our boat will be leaving soon, we should get aboard.” Serena sighed and stood up, letting Luna climb onto her shoulders. As she opened the dinner door, she glanced back at the TV again.




“Well… maybe one day I’ll get to meet her,” She said before leaving.







*****







Usagi thought she was finally getting use to walking everywhere. Her leg muscles didn’t burn as much and was taking time to really take in the scenery. Camping on the other hand still sucked, she wanted her nice soft bed so badly, and a nice long soak in the furo.




Two days walk through the forest, with stops for battles with other trainers and wild Pokémon, had brought Usagi, Gray and their Pokémon closer to Vermilion City. In fact the surrounding trees were already starting to thin out to grassy fields.




“Wow! Is that it?” Usagi asked as she saw the harbor city with the glistening sea just beyond it making for a stunning image.




“Yep,” Gary said nodding his head. “Vermilion City, home to the electric master Lt. Surge. I hope the league finally cracked down on him about his Raichi.”




“Why, what’s wrong with his Raichi? And what’s a Raichi?” Usagi asked.




“Pikachu’s evolved form,” Gary explained, Usagi remembered the yellow mouse Pokémon that had been with that trainer Red. “Surge’s Pokémon were with him during the last major war so they’re pretty powerful already but his Raichi is the most powerful of the bunch. He had a really bad habit of setting that beast on lower level trainers and beating up their Pokémon then calls the trainers weaklings. I just barely defeated him myself, I know others that had to battle him several times before they finally get his badge.”




“Sounds like a bully,” Usagi said.




“Maybe a little, thinks everyone needs to be army tough,” Gary said.




“Meowth owth Meowth,” Chip said as he jumped up to ride on Usagi’s shoulder. He extended his claws and hissed, showing that he wasn’t afraid to fight an overgrown rat.




“Just don’t send Titan out, he’s water and flying so he’s double weak to electric Pokémon,” Gary said. “Chip or Hyperion should be able to handle it, and if Surge doesn’t use Raichi on you I bet they could win for sure. Too bad neither of them know any ground type moves and I don’t have any on me.”




“Ugh, let’s not think about going to the gym today. We just spend the last couple of days walking through the woods, I want a hot shower, a decent night sleep and a good meal,” Usagi said.




“Meowth,” Chip agreed. Gary shrugged his shoulders.




“Fine by me, I could use a bit of rest too. It’ll give me time to call Gramps and Professor Rowan to check in, see if either of them need me to do anything research wise,” he said. “They got some great outdoor cafés here and you’ve earned some pretty good coin and they got some nice shops here.”




“New clothes?!” Usagi squealed. “No offence, you sister has good taste but I need more than a couple of changes of clothing.” Gary covered his mouth grinning, yep he had pegged Usagi pretty good, she was a shopper.







*****







Once at the Pokémon center, Usagi had given the Nurse Joy that worked there her Pokémon then headed straight for the showers while Gray checked in with his grandfather. Usagi took time to wash off all the dirt, sweat and grime that had built up the last few days. It took a while for Usagi to get her long golden locks cleaned, one of the draw backs of having hair that came past the back of your knees. When she got out of the shower, long hair wrapped in a towel and encased in a fluffy robe provided by the center, Usagi dug through her meager belongings. Her nose wrinkled slightly, all the clothing she had currently were in desperate need of washing. She did find a pair of clean panties and a bra but she loathed to put on anything else after all that work to get clean.




‘Shoot, what do I do?’ Usagi wondered tapping her finger against her chin. She thought for a moment about using the disguise pen Luna had given her when she first became Sailor Moon. It hadn’t been used much in the last couple of years but after considering it for a few minutes Usagi discarded the idea.




“Miss? Are you finished in there? Your Pokémon are healed and ready to go,” Nurse Joy said outside the door way. Usagi sighed and picked up her things, opening the door.




“Meowth!” Chip greeted happily feeling energized after going through the healing process.




“Miss are you alright?” Joy asked as she stepped to the side.




“All my clothes are dirty and I don’t want to put them back on after getting clean,” Usagi said sighing.




“Well we have a laundry room here in the center,” Joy informed her. “For trainers to use. And we have basic clothing for sell, just shirts and pants for emergency cases. You could buy a set until your other things are clean.”




“Hmmm, I guess I better. I want to go shopping but I can’t go out like that,” Usagi said. Joy giggled and nodded.




“Yes, I see the problem,” she agreed. “Let me bring you a clean shirt and pants, I just need your size. Oh and I can recommend some awesome clothing stores here in the city you can visit.”




“That’ll be great!” Usagi gushed. Once of the Mr. Mimes that worked in the center, they took care of the cleaning while the Chanseys took care of the Pokémon alongside Nurse Joy, took Usagi’s clothing to be cleaned. A few minutes later Joy returned with a pink shirt with the Indigo Pokémon League logo in white on the front and a pair of light blue jeans. As Usagi got dressed behind a screen Joy told Usagi about a few of the good clothing shops that cratered to trainers and other interesting places that the blond might want to visit. Usagi listened, took notes then went out with Joy and Chip to the front of the center. There Usagi sat at one of the tables and started brushing out her long hair, leaving it down for now so it could dry.




Gary hung up the phone humming to himself, he had spoken to Mary not their grandfather. His older sister had told him that Professor Oak had gone to Kalos to talk to Professor Sycamore about a joint project they were studying then he was going to head to Alola to visit their cousin and fellow professor Samson. His phone call to Professor Rowan had the man request that he head over to route 11 to study and gather data on possible sightings of Pokémon like Plusle, Minun and Shinx all three of whom were rare for the Kanto region. He spotted Usagi at one of the tables with Chip attempting to help her with her hair.




“Feel better?” he asked smirking as Usagi let out a groan.




“Kami-sama yes,” she groaned out rolling her shoulders. “I can’t wait to get some shopping done, retail therapy.”




“Well have fun with that, I’ve got some stuff to do for Professor Rowan outside the city,” Gary told her. Usagi waved her hand in a ‘bye-see ya’ gesture having no plans on going out of the city and getting involved in Pokémon related battles. She and her gang needed a day or so to rest. Gary laughed and leaned back in his seat.




“Are you sure you’ll be okay by yourself in the city?” He asked.




“Sure, I don’t plan on getting into any trouble, just a bit of shopping and sight-seeing,” Usagi assured him. Gary shrugged and nodded, trusting that the older teen knew what she was doing. Usagi had a pretty good handle on their world now, Gary didn’t really need to be with her 24-7.




“Fine, I’ll be on the route just west of the city then, if you need me,” he said standing. “Hey, give me your Pokégear right quick.” Usagi blinked but took the high-tech, for her anyway, device off her wrist and handed it to Gary. He programmed his number into the phone app on the Pokégear then handed it back. “There, if you need me just call me on the Pokégear. It also has a map in it if you get lost.”




“Huh…” Usagi looked at the Pokégear more closely, she hadn’t really used the device as anything more than a fancy watch since Professor Oak gave it to her, vaguely remembering the old man telling her about the other functions but had ended up relying on Gary for everything since they ended up traveling together. “I forgot it can do all that,” she said as she strapped back onto her wrist. Gary saluted her with two fingers then headed out the door. Usagi looked at Chip and grinned. “Ready to get a bit of shopping done?”




“Meowth!” Chip said in agreement. Usagi quickly finished brushing out her long hair then pinned it up in her usual bun style. Chip climbed onto her shoulder as his mistress got up to leave, Usagi waving goodbye to Nurse Joy on the way out.







*****







The S. S. Uproar pulled into port from Hutber Port two days after Serena and Luna had boarded. Serena shouldered her bag and breathed the salty sea air deeply.




“Whew, I’m glad that’s over,” she said to Luna. “It was cramped on that boat.”




“It did seem that way at times,” Luna agreed. “We should get to the Pokémon center and contact your mother to let her know you made it safely.”




“Oh come on Luna, we just got here,” Serena whined. “I’ve got plenty of time to call Mom. I want to check out the clothing stores.”




“Really Serena, don’t you have enough clothing?” Luna asked.




“Luna, a girl can never have enough clothing,” Serena said with a laugh. “And I’m just going to look.”




“Umm-hmm,” Luna said giving the girl a flat stare showing she didn’t believe the girl then closed her eyes as she sighed. “But I can’t stop you I suppose.” Serena gave a happy squeal and headed for the nearby directory map of the city to find some clothing stores.







***







“Oh my gosh, these are so cute!” Usagi gushed as she walked around the store. The store had several different styles on display, catering to all sorts of different trainers. It carried everything from different sorts of outfits, to shoes, head wear, even travel bags. Usagi could replace the bag she borrowed from Gary with something more her style. She wouldn’t be able to buy too many things but Usagi thought she could at least put together a couple of different styles for herself.




The blond super-hero quickly picked out several things she wanted to try on then went over to the sales clerk.




“Do you have a fitting room?” she asked.




“Oh yes, just back there miss,” the sales girl said with a cheery smile as she showed Usagi where the fitting rooms were located. At the same time the bell above the door ran as Serena entered the shop.




“Eeehh!” She squealed as she saw the outfits. “Come on Luna.” Luna sighed again and jumped to sit on one of the counters.




“I will be fine right here,” the Meowth said as she curled her tail around her legs.




“Party popper,” Serena teased then went on searching through the outfits on display. Finding a few cute outfits she approached the same sales girl as before. “Where’s the fitting room?”




The sales girl blinked, thinking to herself that she had just told the other girl where the fitting rooms were.




“Err… back here?” she said showing Serena the fitting area then going back to the front. “What a strange girl…”




Luna arched her back up as she stretched then laid down on the counter with her tail hanging over the edge. Sometimes she didn’t know what to do with Serena, she loved the girly dearly she really did, but sometimes the teenage girl was a handful. Serena’s mother Selene, Luna’s original trainer, had never been like this. Well… maybe that was a bit of a lie, Selena and her friend Trista did have a bit of a wild spark that Luna saw in Serena at times. And maybe Luna herself had been something of a wild kitten when she was a younger Meowth.




‘Maybe I shouldn’t be too hard on her,’ Luna thought with a mental sigh. She watched Serena come out wearing a new outfit, standing in front of a mirror to check out how she looked. Luna’s head tilted a bit to the side, for some reason Serena looked a bit taller and a wee bit older… it had to be the clothing she thought as the blond dashed away back into the fitting rooms then came out again a few minutes later wearing a different outfit, looking the same as she always did. Serena twirled in front of the mirror letting the skirt flare then headed back to the fitting room only to emerge again with yet another outfit.




“Wow she sure can change fast,” Luna heard the sales girl say. Luna privately agreed, she knew Serena could change into a different outfit quickly when she felt the need to but she never seen her young trainer change so quickly before. Serena came out in several more outfits, and again Luna felt like something seemed off with the girl on every other outfit she tried on but for the life of her she couldn’t put her paw onto why.




Finally, after what seemed forever, Serena came out of the back room with several outfits and accessories in her arms which she placed on the counter by the register.




“These are the things I want to buy,” she said happily. Luna bounded over and jumped onto the blond’s shoulder starling her.




“Don’t you think this is a little much Serena?” Luna asked.




“Umm… what?” The teen asked looking at Luna in surprise.




“Meowth! Owth me owth nya!?” Another Meowth, this one with a chipped place on his forehead charm, said as it jumped on the counter with his back arched saying ‘Hey! What are you doing with my trainer!?’ to the darker fur cat Pokémon.




“Your trainer!?” Luna asked in shock.




“Umm, can you get off please?” the girl who Luna realized was not Serena asked.




“Oh my!” Luna quickly jumped down onto the countertop then looked over to the fitting rooms as her Serena came out.




“Hey Luna, look at this cute little dress,” Serena said brightly as she held up an outfit. “It even comes with a little scarf you could totally wear!”




“Nani!?” the Serena look-a-like exclaimed.




“Nya!?”







****







It was a voice that Usagi hadn’t expected to hear again, at least not for some time anyway. But she would recognize Luna’s voice anywhere. The same slightly naggy yet caring tone her adviser always had, though it had a bit of a British cadence to it. She turned her head to the right where heavy weight and the familiar voice rested.




“Ummm…. What?” It was a Meowth, not a Mau, Usagi quickly realized. But a Meowth with Luna’s voice, fur and eye color, and instead of a crescent moon on her forehead she instead wore one as a charm on a pink collar.




Chip’s fur puffed up in anger, what was that other Meowth doing with his trainer!? “Meowth! Owth me owth nya!?” He yelled as he jumped up on the counter and arched his back with a hiss.




“You’re trainer!?” the Luna-Meowth asked in shock as she looked at Chip.




“Umm, can you get off please?” Usagi asked as she found her voice again.




“On my!” The Luna-Meowth exclaimed and quickly vacated Usagi’s shoulder. Usagi still wasn’t sure what to think, a Pokémon version of Luna? How was that even possible? And she called her ‘Serena’, who was Serena?




“Hey Luna, look at this cute little dress,” Usagi heard her voice say from behind her. Usagi quickly turned on her heel and looked, blue eyes widening in surprise. “It even comes with a little scarf you could totally wear!”




“Nani!?”
“Nya!?”




“Oh… dear…” Luna said look from girl to girl, there were two of them now. Serena blinked when she saw Usagi, tilting her head to the side.




“Hey, you look like me!” She said.




“Y-yeah,” Usagi agreed. ‘What the heck? First I run into Pokémon that looks and sounds like Luna… then I run into myself? Chibi-Usa didn’t even look /that /much like me, not like this girl does.’ Her future daughter looked almost identical to how Usagi had looked when she had been around 10 years old, and the short time their physical ages had been switched, an more adult Chibi-Usa had looked very much like an older Usagi. The only real difference between them were hair and eye color, Usagi’s hair was golden blond and eyes were blue. Chibi-Usa’s hair on the other hand had bubble gum pink hair and ruby red eyes.




It had been the same with her past mother when she had been Princess Serenity, Queen Serenity and herself were nearly identical as well, but her past mother’s hair was silvery white and eyes the color of pure silver.




Then there was this girl… same blue eyes, same blond hair up in the same hair style. The other girl just looked a little younger, maybe around the same age Usagi had been when she first became Sailor Moon.




Meanwhile Serena was just as fascinated with Usagi, but for different reason. She never ran into anyone who looked like her, not at this level. It was highly unusual as someone usually didn’t look like a clone of each other unless you were related like the Jenny’s and Joy’s families. Serena looked like her mother Selene, but her mother had different hair tone and eyes than her.




“Are we related? Maybe we’re cousins! I don’t know much of anyone in my family, Mom doesn’t talk much about them. Maybe we’re like the Jenny’s and Joy’s!” Serena said. “Where are you from? I’m from Daybreak Town in the Sinnoh region, I grew up there with my Mom.”




“Serena, give the girl a chance to speak!” Luna cut in.




“I don’t think we’re related,” Usagi said with a shake of her head. “I’m from Japan.” Usagi knew for a fact they weren’t related seeing as how Usagi was from a different world all together. Though in a way she guessed they sorta were? Something about alternate worlds, which this world certainly was. So maybe this girl whom the Meowth Luna called Serena was another version of her? ‘Ugh, just trying to figure it out makes my head hurt.’




Serena pouted a bit, she thought it would be cool to have a cousin, as far as she knew she had none. Then she brightened up as she saw Chip climb up on Usagi’s shoulders.




“Hey! You have a Meowth too! Luna use to be my Mom’s Pokémon, she’s a cross between an Alolan and Kanto Meowth, that’s why her fur is so dark,” Serena said as she ruffled Luna’s fur who huffed at her. “She can talk too! Like a human, it’s really rare for any Pokémon to be able to talk like that. What’s your Meowth called? Did you get it a name? What other Pokémon do you have? Are you a trainer or a coordinator?”




“Serena!” Luna called then rubbed her face with her paw. “I apologize for my trainer, she’s very excitable.”




“Oh it’s… ummm… it’s fine,” Usagi assured with a small sweatdrop and wave of her hand.




“Miss?” The store clerk called. “Are you two going to pay or not?”







****







Usagi blew out a breath as she stepped outside the clothing store, her shopping bag full of her new things slung over her shoulder, then looked down at Chip.




“That was... a bit unexpected and crazy ne?” She asked glancing briefly back at the store where she could see Serena at the counter then started walking away.




“Meowth owth me me Meowth,” Chip agreed as he matched his stride to his mistress. He wondered if that Serena girl was the same like his Usagi? He didn’t get the same sort of feeling from the girl, and she smelt completely human unlike Usagi who only smelt mostly human but with something else under the scent. That scent, whatever it was, just got stronger when Usagi became Sailor Moon.




“Yeah… come on let’s get some food,” Usagi suggested ready to put that weirdness behind her.







******







Author note: Okay so… yeah… Usagi meeting a Pokémon world version of herself is an idea I’ve been kicking around since I started this fic. I’ve got a thing for a different versions of a character meeting each other, my favorite episodes of Doctor Who is when there are different regenerations of the Doctor teaming up (I can’t wait until the Christmas special!)




It’s not a main plot or anything, just something fun to do every now and then where Usagi meets the Pokémon world version of her friends and enemies. I’m using the American version of their names for the Pokémon world versions, and they’re not Sailor Senshi/Scouts like Usagi and her friends, just regular humans so Usagi is the only Sailor Moon and Mamoru is the only Tuxedo Mask. Let me know what you think of the idea. If it doesn’t go over well, it can easily be dropped from the story and this will be a one off.




Also don’t forget to vote on what type of Vulpix Usagi gets enter on Fanfiction dot net, on my twitter poll @usa_tiger1983 or leave your choice in the comment section.




I already got some ideas on what to do for the next chapter, fingers cross that I won’t be struck with writer’s block again.





Sign up to rate and review this story