Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Slumber On

Kidding yourself

by panda_1418 2 reviews

I don't know how to summerize this.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 331 words

0Unrated
It had been a week since Dr Kazman had given her the horrible news. Julius could wake up, yes, the doctor had said, but there was a very slim chance.

Delilah had spent all week in a hotel across the street from the hospital. Every night as she went to bed, she would think, I bet as soon as I get there, Julius will be wide awake. Yeah, But every morning, Delilah would arrive, hopes raised - only to have them come crashing down. Little had changed. They had taken the oxygen mask away, but Julius wasn't awake.

After two weeks of this, Delilah sat down beside her fallen partner's bed. She was kidding herself, to think he'd wake up. But still, she had to hope.

Ursula, Emmit and Nosey visited frequently, but not as often as Delilah, Al or Scarlett. The trio spent almost every hour of their day in the hospital. Of course, Al and Scarlett left Delilah alone with Julius. They knew that if he woke up, they'd be the first to know.

Delilah sat in the uncomfortable chair that had now molded to her butt. If Julius woke up, she's be overjoyed.

There was that word again. If. Why couldn't it be / when /? The waiting was killing her.

It was then Al and Scarlett came in, with more life-changing news. Al spoke first. "Um, Delilah, you know that they're doing everything they can for Julius, but ..."

Delilah looked up. "But what?"

Scarlett took over. "Kitten, we're sorry, but ... we need you back. We can't leave the world in the hands of Ursula and Emmit. It wouldn't last a week."

Shocked, Delilah answered, "But you can't expect me to leave now?"

Al shook his head sympathetically. "No, no. We're gonna give Julius another month, then we need you back at the Academy. Nosey will be your new partner - if Julius doesn't, y'know, snap out of it."

"Sorry, kitten," Scarlett added.

When the pair had gone, Delilah broke down crying.
Sign up to rate and review this story