Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Times Present, Times Past

Riding The Shockwaves

by Dagmar 0 reviews

It's a hard thing for one's friends to understand and accept what happened

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jason, Kat - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 524 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: As usual ... see previous chapters, please /Disclaimer: /As usual ... see previous chapters, please!
/Note: /Okay, for once I'm at least starting this sooner than I'm used to; but I'm having this need to resolve the situation I've set up, and who knows when I'll be able to finish this! (In addition to computer problems, I'm now getting health issues, too. Oh joy.) Anyway, on with the story ... and don't forget to pass by the feedback box on your way out, please? DB
/ /
/ /
/ /
Times Present, Times Past Chapter 15: Riding The Shockwaves


Tommy let himself inside his house as quietly as possible; it was the early hours of Sunday morning, and his parents would hopefully be fast asleep. It wasn't easy not to make a sound - he was so upset that he wanted nothing more than to slam a few doors, shout out his anger, pain and confusion ... but something deep inside of him enabled him to keep silent.

Perhaps it was just as well, because there also was that part of him who wanted to hide away as far as possible, to crawl into the deepest hole he could find and pull it in after himself so nobody could ever find him and see him lick his wounds.

After Jason and Kat's shocking revelation/confession at the Juice Bar, he'd managed to slip away unnoticed and jumped into his car, just wanting to get away from it all. He drove aimlessly through Angel Grove until his gas almost ran out and he reached the edge of the desert on nearly the last fumes. All the while, he alternated between desperately trying not to think at all and attempting to put a lid on his wildly churning thoughts. Once it was only him under the cloudless night sky, Tommy left his red jeep and just stood, staring unseeingly at the arid vastness. Eventually, without a conscious decision, his feet began to move, step after step, getting faster and faster until he was running as hard as he could.

Get. Away.

At last, though, his body gave out. Exhaustedly, Tommy trudged back towards his car, forbidding his mind to function beyond the necessity of going home - to find sanctuary from the elements and his roiling emotions. He was lucky that there was just enough gas left to make it to his parents' house. The long-haired young man felt weary beyond belief as he let himself into his dark room and threw himself onto the bed. Only there did he manage to release some of the tension that had gripped him for hours in a series of deep, shuddering breaths that weren't quite sobs.

Whether they were born of anger, despair, betrayal or sorrow, he couldn't tell.

Jase and Kat were ... lovers. Not only that, they had a baby.

/ /It defied belief.

/How could they?/

/ /Part of him knew exactly why, and how - after all, he loved both of them. If anyone was aware of the attraction Jason's as well as Kat's characters exuded, it was he. Or he would never have called one his brother or let the other heal his broken heart.





To Be Continued ...
Sign up to rate and review this story