Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Cordelia's Story

Cordelia's Story

by Cordelia 0 reviews

When a young girl finds out that she is special, it leaves her confused. Up until her mother's death, she just thought she was crazy. But then an old woman appears at her apartment doorstep claimin...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Godric Gryffindor,Harry,Rowena Ravenclaw,Salazar Slytherin - Warnings: [!] [!!] [V] - Published: 2015-10-27 - 1049 words

-1MarySue
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
A/N: There will be a lot of time skips and detail, I'm trying to tell you how Cordelia and Garrett's life is before the actual plot begins. Beware, there are abuse and alcohol issues within this chapter.
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I only own my OC's and my plot line pertaining to them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Cordelia's life was relatively normal. Despite the fact that her mother was never around, she always had her grandmother to take care of her and help her when she fell down. There were only three things that she had inherited from her father before he passed away. She had his thick long red hair and blue eyes. But she also inherited traits for asthma. Originally you cannot inherit the full blown thing, but chances are that you are born with symptoms to it. So it was only a matter of time, because of neglecting the actual matter at hand, before it had grown worse to the point on where it grew into the real deal.
She got a good education and was smart for her age, but the one thing she lacked was friends. She was never good at talking to other children, they all made fun of her poofy hair and baggy clothing. Sometimes she would reject offers to go and spend the night with other girls her age, in fear that they would tease her or that she would say the wrong thing and be chased out of the house.
She had learned to ignore the hateful comments over time and get immersed with her reading, but even then, that still hit her to the point of crying.
When she was 4, she was prescribed a pair of strong glasses. Her ophthalmologist had said that her eyesight was getting progressively worse without her glasses. They hadn't figured out how her bad eyesight came to be, but the doctors blamed it on technology and Television.
When her brother came into the world in 2012, she was happy. She became more protective and open about herself around him and her family in order to set a good example. She started to show him her horse when he turned 2, letting him ride with her but only in the baby carry-on and their grandmother to watch out for them.
Her brother's dad ditched her mother, claiming that he didn't want to deal with a small meat-bag that was made on a night of drug-induced mistakes. That again fueled her into another depressed state, but she could no longer go to the bar because it was too far out. So every week, her and grandma would go into town and she would get alcohol herself and give the rest of the money to feed her children. This time, Cordelia started helping her mother by feeding her or taking care of her when she couldn't take care of herself. Garrett usually pitched in, being the smart toddler he was and having his sister to teach him. They always were able to play with their mother, if it was a simple game of hide and seek or tag. They didn't really care anymore at the fact that she was drunk when they spent time with her, so long as they were just able to spend time with each other was enough.
A year later, their grandmother had died from a heart attack. Leaving them in the arms of their mother. Jordan took her children away from the country house, selling Cordelia's prized horse to one of their far-off neighbors. The country house was abandoned because in her grandmother's will, stated that she didn't want Jordan to stay in the house if it meant that she would be drinking alcohol or selling their prized possessions. So, in a fit of anger, she told her children to pack what they wanted and left the house, knowing that she could never stop drinking or else she would be swallowed back up into a lake full of depression and sorrow.
They moved into an apartment in a smaller town called Neenah. It was a tall building with a white triangular roof, the rest of the roof was flat. The right side was shorter than the left side of the roof that expanded a few more feet. In the middle of the building outside of it, was a semi-wide brick wall. In that brick wall at the bottom was a doorway that lead into the apartment itself. Steel rimmed bars aligned some of the large windows of each apartment, leaving a small balcony attached to the outside of the building. The grass that surrounded the apartment was an icky kind of green, abandoned wilted flower beds were under one window. A large parking lot filled with either cheap station wagons or trucks lay to the right of the building. It wasn't a pretty place to live, but at least
Her, Garrett and her mother had somewhere to sleep.
After a few months of living in the apartment, their mother had gotten a boyfriend. He seemed to be okay at first when she brought him to their apartment for the first time. But when she said it was alright to move in with them did he show his true colors. See, Jordan didn't have a choice. She hardly had any money and with even paying the bills, she never really had enough to even feed her children or herself. Sometimes she would say he was a blessing, other times when he wasn't around and she was wasted, did she apologize about ever bringing him into their home.
He was never violent with Garrett, Cordelia made sure of that. So if the young child ever got in trouble, Cordelia would take the punishment. She never was the violent one to retaliate back, but if her little brother was going to get hurt or her mother was in danger, she fought tooth and nail. Not caring if she died, so long as her family were safe.
This is the story of a young girl who thought she didn't belong, truly finds out that she was right all along.

________________________________________________________________________________________

R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story