Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Cordelia's Story

Chapter One

by Cordelia 0 reviews

When a young girl finds out that she is special, it leaves her confused. Up until her mother's death, she just thought she was crazy. But then an old woman appears at her apartment doorstep claimin...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Godric Gryffindor,Harry,Helga Hufflepuff,Rowena Ravenclaw,Salazar Slytherin - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2015-10-28 - 1281 words

-1MarySue
"We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on, that's who we really are." ~Sirius Black

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, I only own my OC's.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Cordelia had walked out of her public school she went to what was called Franklin Elementary. A pair of white headphones was connected to her ears as she made her way down the sidewalk over to a large tree that the school had dedicated to a child that died in the early 2000's. Her attention was on the ground as her eyes had an emptiness she was used to showing when she was alone.

"Delia!" Called a voice, she turned around and the emptiness in her face vanished instantly. Replacing with unlimited joy.

"Hey, Garrett!" She said, grinning at the second grader as he made his way down the smooth walkway with his small hands on the railings. She turned off her music and wrapped her headphones up around her phone, stuffing it into her pocket. She opened her arms wide and Garrett jumped into them, hugging her tightly. "How was school?"

"We got to make stories! I made one that was about a frog and a princess." He grinned, showing her that he was proud of what he wrote as he took his own copy out of his backpack to show her.

Cordelia looked over the story, a smile shone onto her lips. "It's really great, Garrett! You did a great job! Just for that, I will take you to Dairy Queen and we can play at the park." She declared, making Garrett bounce up in the air in happiness. It was rare that they went to get ice cream, but it was worth it.

She grabbed his hand and started to walk away from the tree. As she did so, three young girls accompanied by three boys, walked over to her and her brother.

"Oh, is the red-haired trash leaving?" Sneered the middle girl, who's name was Chelsea.

"...Good to see you as well, Chelsea." Cordelia said indifferently.

"Make sure to take that retarded brother of yours with you, we don't need it spreading." Said the oldest boy named Brad.

Something in Cordelia snapped and her face went red with anger. "If you EVER call my brother that again, I will make sure you don't speak again!" She hissed, making the children in front of her whimper in fear. But she didn't know that it wasn't her anger that was making them whimper. It was the many sharp sticks that were floating behind her, pointed at them.

"W-Witch!" They screamed, running away. Cordelia blinked, her anger dissipating and confusion filling it instead. She turned her head and her eyes widened as she saw the floating sticks in the air, she frantically waved her hands at the sticks, trying to get them down. Garrett had joined her, waving his small hands in the air.

They fell to the ground a moment later with a loud clatter. Cordelia sighed in relief. "Don't tell mom," She told her little brother who nodded, not seeming to be freaked out at all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

As the two siblings made their way home from Dairy Queen, yelling could be heard from their part of the apartment complex. Cordelia's face drained of color, "Garrett, I want you to play in the backyard. Don't come out unless it's absolutely necessary." She said, her eyes wavering with apprehension and worry. Garrett went silent for a mere second before nodding and heading to the backyard.

She turned around, her eyes fiery and her fists clenched. She may be a bit plumper than she wanted, but she could use that to her advantage and throw that thing her mother calls a boyfriend out the window.

Cordelia raced up the stairs as there was thudding and she slammed the door open to the site of her mother on the ground and Leroy (Her boyfriend) above her with a lamp raised to strike her. She ran forward, grabbing the lamp out of his hand and yanking it from his grip. As she did so, she used her speed to her advantage to slam it across his temple.

(Also, I am not overpowering her. Do you want to know why? Because I had to do this at that age.)

He staggered back, cursing. Cordelia slammed her foot into his gut, her muscles straining in her leg as she violently pushed him into the table with the kick. Anger was evident on her face, as was fury. Again, with her anger getting the best of her for the second time today, instead of things around her floating, it was just her hair. She had learned some control over her anger, so it was helping her out with whatever kind of ability she had that kept activating once she was emotional.

"I swear on all things Holy that if you EVER touch my mom again, I will gut you!" She hissed, her eyes wide and angry. She opened her hand up from the clenching fist and open palm slapped him across the face. "I want you out now!"

Suddenly, the thing that she had seen a while ago activated once again. Leroy shot into the air, flying out of the open balcony window and landing into the bushes below. As that happened, Garrett ran into the doorway crying, kneeling down to his mother that was passed out.

Cordelia sat down, holding her head in her hands. Trying to not sob at least in front of her brother. As she did so, a loud pop echoed through the hallway near the front door to their apartment. Cordelia pulled her mother behind her with difficulty and held her brother also behind her. In instinct to her own body, her hand had raised up in defense. She had not known why, but her mind told her it was the right thing to do once the kitchen items had started forming in front of them in walloping numbers.

An old woman with tightly pulled back hair and fancy dress robes appeared in the doorway, her eyes that were narrow when entering, vanished into that of disbelief. Not at all worried about the sharp threat in front of her, rather her attention was fully on the girl who was wielding them and protecting her family at the same exact time with a very advanced spell. (Protego)

"Do put down your weapons, I am no threat to you." The old woman said, her voice held a certain gentleness in it. "I am an old friend of your fathers."

At the mention of her father, her hold on the weapons in the air weakened until it was no more. Stabbing at the floor below sharply, making the old woman gulp slightly. But the shield didn't disappear, rather it strengthened since Cordelia's focus was fully on it instead of the weapons. She was no longer awake, but her mind was the one keeping her going because of her family.

"My name is Professor Minerva McGonagall, I can get you all help, you just need to take down your barrier." Said Professor McGonagall, her hands were in the air as if to say she was no threat. "Please."

With that one word, Cordelia finally let go of the barrier. But in the process, she collapsed to the floor. The last thing she heard was soft muttering and her brother sobbing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I have reasons for her having easy control over her magic. She has emotional problems which tend to get the best of her, along with the fact that she has a large magical reserve.

Anyways, R&R.
Sign up to rate and review this story