Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

Solid Information About Acid Reflux Which Is Easy To Understand

by flaxbanjo44 0 reviews

Hello everyone. My name'sflaxbanjo44

Category: 6teen - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2015-12-04 - 549 words

0Unrated

Acid reflux is a condition that affects countless individuals and causes everything from minor irritation to debilitating pain. The key to managing the condition successfully is knowledge. Read the information that follows below, and you will be prepared to deal with the symptoms of acid reflux and live the pain-free life you deserve.

Put a wedge beneath your mattress to boost your head and keep acid down. Other things you can try are books, blocks of wood or anything that can help angle your mattress up. You can also use an electronic bed that elevates.

When you want to reach for a natural treatment for heartburn, consider licorice. You need to choose DGL licorice which doesn't contain http://facebook.com/testsite and therefore will not cause hypertension. Chewable tablets are your best bet before meals, and they can be found affordably at natural food retailers and health supplement shops.

Believe it or not, your clothing can affect how often you get acid reflux. Clothing that fits too tightly around the midsection will put excess pressure on the stomach, making reflux occur more often and with more pain. Opt for clothing with a loose fit. Only wear pants and belts that are tight enough to stay up without pressing too hard on the midsection.

Place your bed on risers to help with night time acid reflux. You can use bricks, wood or even bed raisers to accomplish this. The head of your bed should be six inches above the foot. When your chest and head are elevated, it will make it quite difficult for acid to rise upwards during sleep.

An ideal weight helps you avoid acid reflux, so plan on losing any extra pounds. Obesity is capable of causing acid reflux. You can decrease the likelihood of acid reflux symptoms by reducing your body weight by a mere 10%. Lose weight by eating several smaller meals. Avoid crash dieting.

Try to avoid eating chocolate if you have issues with acid reflux. The caffeine and alkaloids that are contained in chocolate tend to disagree with people that have this problem. If you must have chocolate, each it in small quantities and opt for a darker chocolate since it has antioxidants.

Try to eat smaller meals if you suffer from acid reflux. Sitting and eating large meals can contribute to the pain associated with acid reflux. Eating smaller meals will reduce the amount of acid your stomach has to produce to digest your food. This means that your stomach will work less and you will not have as much pain.

Consume smaller meals more frequently throughout your day. Eating big meals can increase your chances of having to deal with acid reflux. When you eat to much it puts pressure on your sphincter; this in turn causes it to open. The excess stomach acids will enter the esophagus, and the result will be heartburn. Therefore, consume smaller meals more frequently to prevent this problem.

There is no denying the potential of acid reflux to complicate the lives of those who suffer from it. However, with a bit of good information and insight, it is possible to handle the condition skillfully in a way that enables to you lead a normal life. With any luck, this article has provided you with just that.
Sign up to rate and review this story