Categories > Books > Harry Potter > When A Man Loves A Woman

Chapter One

by lindsay_dawn 1 review

Takes place in their seventh year, James tries to get Lily Evans to go out with him. Many laughs along the way, please read, I promise that you will enjoy my story.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: James, Lily - Published: 2006-08-17 - Updated: 2006-08-17 - 643 words

1Funny
Disclaimer-this story doesn't belong to me, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, so an

and so forth, now lets get on with they story!

When a Man Loves a Woman

Chapter Two
(it's in their 7th year now)

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"But Li-Evans-"

"I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN POTTER!"

Sighing to himself at his misfortune, James slowly walked back to Remus, Peter, and Sirius, who was beside himself with laughter.

"What's so bloody funny Padfoot?" James asked highly annoyed at his best mate's laughter.

"When are you ever going to learn that Evans is NEVER going to like you if you keep pulling pranks on her?"

"What in the hell do you mean? She LOVES it when I tease her like that!"

This comment made Sirius laugh even harder. "Face it mate, a girl like Evans will never like you if you continue to turn her hair into snakes. Although, I found it completely hilarious. You know who she reminded me of? Medusa!"

"Medusa? Who in Merlin's name is Medusa?"

"Prongs, old buddy, don't you remember all those Greek myths your sister used to read to us when we were just wee little pranksters?"

"No Sirius, unlike you, I never payed much attention to ugly, made up women,"

"Hey, a woman's a woman, made up or not, they can all fulfill your ahem . . . 'needs' . . . "

At this point, Remus had enough, and set his book down.

"Sirius, are you implying that since you can't get any from real women, you are relying on your imagination to calm your sexual needs? Or does a pillow possibly play a role in your fantasy?"

"Shut up Remus, I'll have you know Miss Cass has been fulfilling my sexual needs for ages."

"Miss Cass? Who's that? I've never heard of her!" Peter exclaimed, clearly thinking he had been missing out on losing his virginity.

James, on the other hand, was laughing so hard that he was on the verge of tears.

"M-m-miss Cass isn't a p-person, Peter, Miss Cass is what Sirius named his right hand."

Sirius turned as red as a Chinese Fireball dragon when James told his secret.

"James! I told you that because you walked in on me! I thought you weren't going to tell anyone!"

"Padfoot, you've known me for how long? Before diaper days I believe, and since those days, have I ever kept a secret about you before that was this hilarious? Besides, it's just Moony and Wormtail, I don't think you'll have to worry about them telling anyone else, does he guys?" James stated, winking at Remus and Peter.

"Oh, no, of course not Padfoot, Peter will keep this quiet. We would never tell anyone . . . " Remus trailed off, thinking of who he was going to tell first.

'Maybe I'll tell Marissa, she's got a mouth for gossip, if I tell her, this could be all over the school before Sirius could even BEGIN to suspect anything . . . '

"Okay . . . I suppose I have no other choice but to trust you, do I? But I swear . . . I swear, if I hear you've all lied to me, and had told people this, you'll be sorry."

They laughed at Sirius and started to walk back toward the school for supper.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH! Lily! Someone help! Lily's been pulled into the lake!"

Without hesitation, James immediately dropped everything, shed his cloak and shoes, and ran to the lake.

"Aspico! Profor! Respiro! Lumos!" James shouted, then, holding on to his wand, he jumped into the lake. Thanks to the charms he had cast before jumping, he was able to see, speak, and breathe under the water, and he also had some light from the lumos spell McGonagall had taught him. James looked around, desperately trying to catch even a glimpse of Lily. Finally, he saw a flash of bright red hair and swam toward it.
Sign up to rate and review this story