Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Different Path (Shino X Kiba)

Chapter One: Emergency Mission

by WasARainbow 0 reviews

What if Shino had accepted Danzō’s offer and joined Root? What would it be like if he never entered the academy? Never had any friends? In this story the Naruto character’s lives take a differ...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Kiba,Shino - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2015-09-07 - Updated: 2015-12-30 - 1618 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or the characters of Naruto. This is a non-profit fan made story.

Copyright Claim: Story and plot of “A Different Path” belong to me and me alone.

Rated M: For language, violence and Male X Male.

Note: There may be spelling and grammar mistakes. I am currently looking for an editor.

Pairings: Shino X Kiba, Izumo X Kotetsu

_____________________________________

A Different Path
_____________________________________

Chapter One: Emergency Mission


The Fifth Hokage stared into the motionless, masked face of the ANBU member in front of her. “This mission is an emergency,” said the Hokage from behind her mahogany wooden desk, piled high with scrolls. “That, is why I have called you here. All but three other squad members, have dispersed to other locations and I need a four man cell.” Lady Tsunade’s voice had an edge to it and there was a thick scowl across her face.

“I understand,” said the shinobi in a monotone voice from behind his mask.

“Since this mission is A-rank and not part of ANBU,” the Hokage went on, “there will be no need for your mask. I can also give you a code name, till the mission is complete, if you like?”

“That won't be necessary,” said the shinobi untying his mask. From underneath the slits of the plastered animal’s eyes where two dark silver orbs that held no emotion in their reflection. As the mask was fully removed you could thoroughly see the shinobi’s pale skinned face that was lightly dotted with circular scars.

The Hokage gave him a wary look. She didn’t quite trust this ninja but she had no other options at the moment. “I will now introduce you to your team mates for this mission.” The ANBU member nodded and quickly pulled a pair of black sunglasses out of his pocket, placing them over his silver eyes. “Enter,” the Hokage yelled. Three shinobi who were waiting behind Tsunade's office door entered the room along with a large white dog.

“Inuzuka Kiba, Hagane Kotetsu, Kamizuki Izumo, this is Aburame Shino. He will be your squad leader for this mission. Shino, this is your team.” The ANBU member took in the three ninja before him. The one called Kiba had two red triangular marks on his face, a sign of the Inuzuka Clan who were known for using hounds as weapons. The white dog most likely belonged to him.

Hagane Kotetsu had a white bandage over his nose and Kamizuki Izumo had a dark blue forehead protector that covered the entire top half of his head. Shino had heard of these two. They usually guarded the main entrance of Konoha but would sometimes be sent out on B-rank missions. The two worked well as a duo and were good at combo attacks.

“Hmm?” Kiba mused staring at their new squad leader. He had never seen this shinobi before. Kiba noted Shino’s Amber-Black hair that was pulled back with a dark head band and his cool shades that sat atop his handsome face. “He looks to be around the same age as me,” Kiba thought to himself. The dog lover didn’t think much else about their new leader till the shinobi’s smell hit him like a ton of bricks. Kiba's nose scrunched up against his will as he breathed in the sent of… “bugs”? Kiba’s white dog, Akamaru picked up on the scent as well and scooted closer behind his master. “This is definitely not a normal shinobi,” Kiba thought as Lady Tsunade began to explain their new mission.

“This is an emergency A-rank mission,” Tsunade repeated to the new company. “An unknown group of assassins have been killing off Konoha ninja right outside our borders.” She pulled out a mapped scroll and handed it to Shino who looked over the marked positions of where the assassins had been spotted. “They seem to be targeting groups of shinobi just sent out of the village on new missions. Your job is to stop them and bring back one of the assassins alive for questioning.”

“Understood,” they all said in unison. Shino rerolled the scroll placing it securely in his back pocket.

“You may leave to get prepared and exit the village as soon as you can,” said the Fifth. When they turned to depart Tsunade called out, “Kiba!” The dog ninja turned to look at her. “Stay here a moment. I need to have a word with you.” Kiba cocked his head in confusion at the Hokage. Tsunade spoke when the others left. “Kiba, I want you to keep an eye out for Shino.”

Kiba was a bit taken aback by this. “Keep an eye out?” he questioned.

“Yes,” said the Hokage, her voice was grave and her eyes were serious. “Shino is an ANBU member that was once part of Root.”

“Root!” The dog ninja's eyes widened. “You-you mean he worked for Danzō?”

“Yes, even though Danzō was destroyed some of his old members may still hold some of his ideals. Normally I wouldn’t put an ANBU member on a mission like this, or even two Chūnin for that matter, but I’m out of options. I want you to be cautious around him. Tell Kotetsu and Izumo as well.”

“I understand,” said Kiba and he and Akamaru left to make preparations for their new mission.

When the two companions were completely clear of the building, the Hokage banged her mighty fists. Her strong, expensive, mahogany desk creaked and splintered upon impact. She knew that the group she just sent out was a bad combination. One ANBU member, one Jōnin, two Chūnin and no medical ninja. The ranks of these ninja where hardly ever put together and most missions required someone with medical training. “I hope they can finish this mission quickly,” she whispered wishfully the to the empty room.

_____________________________________

Kiba packed some food pills into his satchel as well as some dog biscuits for his furry companion. As he searched for a fresh pair of kunai his mind wandered to the ANBU member from Root. Shino, it was no wonder he didn’t recognize the ninja even though they were obviously close in age. All Root members were raised under the command of Danzō from early childhood, so he wouldn't have known Shino from the Ninja Academy he grew up at. Kiba was an 18 year old Jōnin and had thought he had known every ninja his age... but apparently not. “Hopefully this mission won’t last long. Akamaru let’s go!”

_____________________________________

Kiba and Akamaru met up with the two Chūnin Kotetsu and Izumo outside Konoha's grand red gates. “Man, looks like this mission is going to be a pain,” Kiba sighed.

“Why?” asked Izumo nonchalantly.

Kiba fastened one of his bags onto Akamaru's back. “That Shino guys from Root.”

“Root?” Kotetsu exasperated in shock, dropping his own bag on the dirt road.

“Ah, I thought he might be.” Izumo gritted a look of discomfort on his face. “We’ve never worked with Shino before and Tsunade seemed very apprehensive towards him. Also I’ve heard he’s from the Aburame Clan so having him as an enemy would be dangerous.”

“Aburame Clan?” Kiba questioned.

“Yes, they're one of the four noble clans of Konoha like the Akimichi, Hyūga, and Uchiha Clan,” Izumo explained. “The Aburame Clan that Shino is from specializes in bugs.”

“Bugs?” Kiba shivered out of disgust. “So thats why he smelled funny to me.”

“Great, just great. You know me and Izumo are Chūnin right?” Kotetsu said dusting off his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. “We’re hardly ever sent out on A-rank missions and now we’ve got to worry about our squad leader on top of that. Fantastic!”

“I told you,” Kiba grinned sarcastically. “This mission is going to be a pain.”

Shino was the last to arrive. He noticed that everyone else had gathered and decided to go over the formation they would be in. “Kiba, you and Akamaru will take the lead in this mission using your sense of smell to locate the enemy and track them. Izumo, Kotetsu you two will cover Kiba and scout for danger from the front. I will take up the rear using my Kikaichū to cover the area around us to insure we are not ambushed.”

“All right,” said Kiba hopping onto Akamaru’s back. “Let’s go get them!” Then they all sprinted NorthEast towards Yugakure (Hidden Hot Water Village) with the dog lover in the lead.

Shino felt a bit odd leaving the village through the front gate, out in the open. Most shinobi left through Konoha's front entrance, it was a tradition for ninjas to start their missions this way. However Shino, being an ANBU member, had always exited Konoha in secret, through the back entrance under the cover of darkness. Leaving from the front, in broad daylight, without the cover of his mask, he felt uncomfortable and bare. In the back of Shino’s mind he too silently hoped this mission would be over quickly.


Quote: “I do have a desk though, it’s made of mahogany. And not just any mahogany, but mahogany from Malchior 7 where the trees are 300 ft tall and breathe fire! From these trees my desk was forged 2000 years ago using ancient blood rituals of the Malchior people. Not only does this make my desk NIGH INDESTRUCTIBLE, but it can bend the fabric of the universe itself! Also, it's a very fine material. Very expensive… Mahogany!” - King Yemma

_____________________________________

Thank you for reading! Please send me a review! Is this an interesting story? How is my writing style?
Sign up to rate and review this story