Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Falling Ch. 1

Falling Ch. 1

by Daughter_of_Rome 0 reviews

This is a fan fiction of DeathNote. Even if you haven't watched it, there's no spoilers and I personally think it will make sense to you. The legend of the DeathNote fell into oblivion around 2094...

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2016-01-05 - 324 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 1: FAIR PLANET

There was something in the air that morning as the dented and dusty Fenrir sat on a cliff to get air. With the overpopulation issue we had to stop at planets more often. The Council had considered landing on a planet and never returning to the wide expanses of star dust and debris. But Nikole Javacole, the philosopher of the Council, outruled any planets with sentient life. Many had considered just leaving anyways.

I was one of those people. Walking on the rocky beach, feeling the bite of the cold and the smell of natural air was just so perfect. A moment of peace from the sweat and droning and heat of a spaceship that had been jammed full of fidgeting bodies. A moment away from the hateful gaze of those who thought the Law Guards were corrupt.

But I could never make myself leave the home that I had known since I was in the womb, since my mother was in the womb.

I was so lost in thought that I barely noticed when I stepped on something.

What is that? I thought as I leaned over, staring at the pages bound in black leather. A book? There were a few in the Council Archives, but no one was allowed to touch them.

I looked around, the other Guards were looking for water. I pursed my lips and looked back down at the little black book. Without pause, my hand went out and stuffed it into my satchel and I continued to explore this fair blue planet, studying the curious buildings and shattered boats that scattered the shore line.

Had I known that this was once the planet known as Earth, I would have never picked up the book.

I would have lived the rest if my life without Death following in my shadow.

But honestly? I regret nothing, not the book, not the fair planet, and not the Shinigami.
Sign up to rate and review this story