Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Falling Ch. 1

Ch 2

by Daughter_of_Rome 0 reviews

Valla finds out the rules of the Death Note.

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2016-01-05 - Updated: 2016-01-05 - 432 words

0Unrated
 CHAPTER 2: RULES OF THE GAME

Late that night, after the Fenrir  had departed from the blue planet, I returned to my quarters. It was a too small bed in a slightly bigger room, but it had a window. And on that window ledge I kept all of my treasures, just small curiosities I had collected whenever we stopped at planets to refresh.

  Unable to resist, I opened the book, my greedy eyes itching to see what would follow such an odd title as 'DeathNote'. I was confused. I couldn't read well, but that wasn't it.

  They were blank. All of the pages. Blank.

  I pursed my lips, trying to figure out what to do with a blank book. Was writing in it an option? Or was the book blank for a reason?

  I looked on the back for guidance, as I had seen writing on there earlier. I was confused once again.

  A small frown appeared on my face and I ran a frustrated hand through my hair as if getting flustered would scare meaning from the letters. I concentrated on those words, picking then apart as if it was in code.

  I. Something about writing  a person's name in the book and then they'll die. Write how the person will die or they will just die of a heart attack. The details have to be written down 6 minutes and 40 seconds after death.

  Mmmkay.

  II. Property of the human world. You can recognize a god of death by using the note. But you can't go to Heaven or Hell.

  So where do you go?

  I put the book down, gripping my throbbing head. My brain was too full of questions, I feared it may explode. Maybe it would just be better to throw it away and not have to deal with any of this so called 'Shinigami' business.

  But I simply couldn't resist. Grabbing my little stub of a pencil I wrote down the first name that came to my mind.

  Nikole Javacole.

  There it was, written on the page like a confession of guilt. I waited, counting to 40 under my breath.

  38...

  39...

  40...

  Nothing happened. No screams of a painful death. No feeling of my soul being corroded away.

  My chest was heaving from fear that I had actually killed someone. A relieved laugh escaped my lips and I placed the prank book between the miniature stuffed human being and the small glass ball with a colorful strip in it.

  I covered myself with my thread bare blanket and nodded off into an uneasy sleep.

  That was when the world... er, ship... shifted.
Sign up to rate and review this story