Categories > Original > Drama > You Got a Friend in Me

Mischeif

by aberdeenqueen22 0 reviews

!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Published: 2016-01-09 - Updated: 2016-01-27 - 7375 words - Complete

0Unrated
So, my attempted one shot turned into an intense story and the updates to this won’t be that/so/too frequent cause each chapter is SUPER long compared to my usual chapters. This is my updated chapter to all who are looking for an update. I can insure that this is better than the original. Some things you should now are that I’ll be using Astrid, Elsa, and Ruffnut as girl bullies and various princes as guy bullies and that this is Jack and Merida’s Sr. year at high school. Enjoy!
(P.S- for the part where Jack tells Merida about the instructions of the game, that is very important and that scene will get confusing if you don’t know the rules. Fair warning)


Supper was painfully silent. Merida hadn’t spoken to Jack let alone looked him in the eye since their encounter in the room. After diner Jack phoned his mom who had some trouble with directions but showed up nonetheless. At first she was all friendly and in amazement at the mansion but as soon as Jack got in the car and they began to drive away, she let him know haw severely pissed off she was.
Jack didn’t really care is mom was mad, hardly even payed attention while she was yelling, his mind was focused on something else. Someone else.


The weekend was too short. Merida had to deal with that crap with Jack on Friday and now that the weekend was over she’d have to face him at school. Would he even talk to her? She was probably just over thinking this. It was more than certain that she had scared him off and he’d want nothing to do with her, but still… Ugh Merida!
What was wrong with her?! Why couldn’t she just get this guy off her mind? “Ugh” she couldn’t conceal her emotions to just thoughts and groaned aloud as she made it to her locker. Unfortunately, she groaned just as she passed Eret.
Oh just wonderful, she thought. Eret said a quick bye to his friends as he approached Merida. Eret wasn’t someone you’d want to piss of, he was huge and bulk, at least a foot taller than Merida, and had a short fuse. Most of the school was terrified of him, not Merida though, to her he was just some great pansy who was all talk.
Merida opened her locker and tried to ignore the fast approaching brute, but he wouldn’t have any of that. After Merida put her books in her locker Eret slammed it shut and looked down to her as a grin crept on his face. She had noticed that most of the hallway was deserted and anybody left was leaving swiftly, in hopes to not get involved.
“Can I help yeh’?” Merida asked unimpressed. This wasn’t her first run in with Eret and she’d grown tired of having to ward him off. “No, no, I was just wondering if the rumors were true,” Merida grew confused “Wh- wut’ rumors?”
Eret smirked “You know, the rumors, I’ve heard that you’re real cheap,” Merida scoffed “Excuse me!?” What rumors were going around now? Merida also noticed the hall was completely deserted. Eret continued “Also heard you gave Phillip a real nice job for a fifty,”
“Listen, I don’t know wut’ ya’ ‘heard’, but-” Eret suddenly pressed both his hands against the wall, one on either side of Merida. She was pressed against the lockers in between his arms, she couldn’t escape and his breath was so near she could feel it against her neck.
“Get away frum meh” she began to say but Eret just kept talking “I can give you a real good price,” she tried to shove her way out of his proximity but he just pushed her back in place. He continued “Then again, maybe you can give me a deal,”
“Give you a deal?!” Merida shouted and scoped the hallway again. There was nobody but her and Eret, and he was way too close for comfort. She shoved him roughly and his head jerked back a bit. “I think you need ta’ get off.” He just chuckled. How disgusting can one human being be? Merida thought to herself venomously.
“Now!” She said even firmer. He laughed again as if her not wanting him touch her was a joke “You know, you really are such a tease…”
“Get your hands off her!” A voice interrupted Eret before he could finish. Both Merida and Eret whipped their heads towards the sound of the voice. “Jack…” Merida said quietly. Eret pushed her aside and walked up to Jack, chest buffed.
As Eret approached Jack it was clear to see that he was near twice the size of Jacks thin stature. “Do you have a problem?” Eret asked Jack. Jack wore a strong glare as he said “You need to get away from her now” Eret seemed like he was about to say something more but suddenly Ms. Tooth walked into the hall way, she looked surprised at first to see them but then furrowed her brow. “All of you need to get into class.” When no one responded she waved her hands in hurried gestures “Now”
Eret looked annoyed but abided by the teacher’s orders, he shoved Jack lightly before he walked off. “Same goes for you two,” Tooth said pointing back and forth between Jack and Merida then walked away, leaving them alone in the hall. After Tooth had left Merida angrily opened her locker, pulling out a book bag. Jack walked over to her, trying to be subtle about it. She slammed her locker at him approaching but didn’t look him in the eye “Merida-”
“Don’t” she interrupted. Her brows were furrowed and she wore an angry expression “I don’t need yeh’ ta’ pre’tectin’ me, I can take care a’ me’self,” unbelievable, “Right, cause you had that whole situation under control?” Jack huffed both angrily and sarcastically. “Did too!” Merida raised her voice and turned away from him.
That couldn’t be it, Jack thought, after what just happened and now she was going to go to class like nothing had happened!? Jack was abrupt to turn away as well but an idea sparked in his mind and his angry scowl turned into a mischievous grin. He reached out and grabbed Merida’s arm. She turned to him with an irritated look on her face “What?” she spat the word at him. Jack only smirked “Well, to me it seems like you’ve had a stressful morning, lots of work, creeps looking over you, so…” Jack let her dangle on the ‘so’ and wiggled his eyebrows.
“So?” Merida asked expectantly “So, I am taking you for a night on the town,” Merida looked dumbfounded “We’re in school and its ten thirty in tha’ mornin’,” Jack pouted “Well it doesn’t sound as fun when you put it like that,”
“Yer’ off yer’ nut if ya’ think I’m gunna skip, and with you!?” She began to walk away but he just turned her around “Yes you are,” Merida still was deadpan which caused Jack to frown. “Alright, then,” he pulled a quarter from his pocket “Let the fates decide. Heads your coming with no complaint. Tails, I’ll let you walk away,” Merida pondered this for a moment, there wasn’t anything wrong with a challenge. “Deal,” she said.
She watched as Jack flipped the coin high into the air and snatched it as it began to fall. He slapped it on the back of his hands and eyed it cautiously. Merida looked over. Tails. “Ha!” she laughed in his face at the victory, but somehow she felt a little disappointed.
Jack just took in an uneasy breath and looked her seriously in the eye “Merida, I have bad news…” She was confused. Hadn’t she won? His serious face went away and he smiled mischievously “I lied,” she gasped as Jack scooped her up and tossed her over his shoulder. He began running down the hall way to the nearest exit, meanwhile Merida flailed and cried “Put meh’ down ya’ lunatic!”
“We’ve gone too far to turn back now!” Jack yelled back to her as he busted through the set of side doors that led to the park just outside of the school. They were a good hundred meters from the school before Merida swung her legs to the side roughly and sent them both tumbling. Not that it didn’t take any effort, Jack was stronger than one would think but, there was no way she was going to let him carry her another foot.
“Are ye’ crazy!” Merida screamed. She felt like she could pull her hair out of her skull. “That depends…” Jack began “Now, am I gunna have to carry you again?”
“That depends,” She mimicked “do ya’ want ta’ get punched in the face?” He looked her up and down briefly, shook his head with a light smile on his face, and began to walk even further from the school. He called to her from behind him “You can come with me or go back and explain why you were screaming down the hall way,” Merida looked back and forth between the quiet school and the furthering Jack. Her stomach went queasy at the thought of each option. “I mus’ be insane…” she told herself quietly and ran too catch up with Jack.
‘Nice of you to join,” Jack wore a smug look on his face as she approached “Hope ya’ know that I’m doing this fer ma’self” Jack didn’t respond and kept walking in his set direction. “So…” Merida began to speak again “Where exactly are we going?” Jack just smirked.


“Ya’ know, this isn’t exactly ma’ idea a’ fun” Merida complained as her and Jack walked into the town’s large mall “Common’ we just got here. There has to be something you’d like in here,” Merida looked unimpressed “I don’t do malls, I’m not-”
Jack just grabbed her arm and pulled her into the nearest clothing store. It was a second hand shop and had some of the strangest clothing Merida had ever seen. Her and Jack walked up to the nearest stand which was full of hats. Jack pulled out a large sombrero and placed it on his head “How do I look,” Merida frowned “Like an idiot with a big hat, now can we go?”
“We just got here,” Jack pulled out a large plastic tiara and placed it on Merida’s head “and princess has to try on some cloths,” Merida glared at him “Jack, if you think…” but before she could finish he already began to walk away down a woman’s clothing aisle and tossing random cloth’s on his arm for Merida to wear later.


Jack eyed a seemingly angry Merida but smiled when he saw her go to the men’s clothing section to pick out some cloths for him. Fair game, he thought, most painful outfit wins. He spotted a bonnet that came along with a large Bo-peep costume. That was a necessity. He grabbed other costumes like a dress from the eighties, large fairy wings, and poke-a-dotted onesies. Once he decided that was enough he went over to changing area and was met by Merida, but on his way there he saw another dress, this one was black and slender, and he grabbed it just in case.
“Pick yer’ poison,” she said as she gestured to the outfits she had laid out for him. He spotted zebra printed onesies and pulled out his poke-a-dotted ones “What a coincidence,”


The two of them were in the store for at least an hour. Merida had tried on very thing of his and both made fun of his quote, ‘dazzling choice in fashion’. On the other hand Merida made him wear a pirate costume, with an eye patch, plastic sword, and all. A full body donkey costume (Merida quoted how he was now truly a jacka- Jack had stopped her there), and finally an orange tuxedo with lots of folds and ruffles that went along with Merida’s orange eighties dress.
Both of them had laughed tirelessly for a majority of their little ‘fashion show’. Merida didn’t actually think that she’d enjoy herself but…
They both entered separate changing rooms to get into their normal cloths. Merida snickered to herself as she got into her regular cloths and folded the costumes she had worn. After they were folded and she had he book bag in check she swung open the change room door, only to be met by Jack who shoved something black into her arms. “Hey, I thought we were don’ here” she complained. “I’m done, but you need to try that on before we go,” he grabbed her shoulders, turned her around and pushed her back into the change room before he closed the door on her.
Great, she thought, he gets to make an even bigger monkey out of me. She eyed the black clothing in her hand, what exactly did he pick out. She let it unfold in her hands and let her jaw drop. It was a long sleeved party dress that would end at about mid-thy. It shimmered in the light, why would he pick something out like this?


Jack sat on the waiting couch bored. How long did it take a girl to change? Immediately after the thought, the change room door swung open, revealing Merida in the black dress. It was skin tight and hugged her curves delicately, all the mean while she stood there sheepishly as Jack looked her up and down.
“Well?” she asked Jack nervously. She wasn’t used to wearing dresses and Jack didn’t say anything, he just stared with his jaw hanging open. It took him a moment before he could speak “Yo-” he choked on his words and cleared his throat, pulling his act back together and silently cursing himself for being a little caught off guard “You clean up nice Red” Merida scowled “don’t call meh’ Red!”
“Whatever you say Red” She groaned and resorted back to the change room and quickly undressed. She tossed the dress over the change room door and yelled to Jack “you’d better put yer’ things bak’” She heard him mumble a faint response as he walked away “And make sure that dress goes first!” she yelled so that he could here. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the dress, in fact she loved it, but that wasn’t something she would admit. Ever.
Meanwhile she got changed and stepped out of the small room to see Jack at the till but he came back empty handed. “Wut’ wuz’ that about?” she asked. “Nothing. Just letting her know you have some cloths left in the change room,” He gestured for Merida to begin walking and the two stepped out of the store out in to the open halls of the mall “Now,” Jack said “I’m starving,” and as if on cue a faint rumbling could be heard coming from his stomach. Merida laughed “I could eat,” and the two made their way to the food court.
It was huge and held about twenty food stands and about two hundred more people. Jack and Merida had decided on pizza and ate in silence. When they were finished Jack told Merida to wait as he’d throw away the garbage. He did, but instead came back with a tall bowl of frozen yogurt and two spoons.
“What’s this?” Merida asked. Jack sat down next to her and placed the yogurt down “This,” he held out a spoon for Merida who grabbed it, “is a game. First one to get brain freeze loses?” Merida eyed him suspiciously “And how do ya’ play this game?”
“Simple. You ask a question that I answer, if I don’t, I spoon a quarter of the yogurt as fast as I can. You also have to eat up if you ask more than one question per turn. Visa-versa” Merida considered this “Yer’ on Frost!” Jack smiled and began to ask a question “Alright, um…” Jack thought and tapped the spoon against his lips “back story?”
“Fair enough,” Merida said as she sat back “Well, born n’ raised in Scotland,” Jack gave her a ‘tell me something I don’t know’ expression. She laughed lightly and continued “I’d attended proper boarding schools until grade eight, it wuz ma’ mum’s attempt ta’ make meh’ a lady,” she snickered “lot a’ good that did ‘er. Ana’way, I moved ‘ere in ma’ freshmen year ‘cause ma’ dad got a promotion and his boss thought he’d be more useful over sea’s.” she sighed “It wuz’ always hard, being a foreigner, not knowin’ ana’body, but I did have sum’ friends,” Jack grew curious “Who?”
Merida smirked “Eat up. It’s my turn,” Jack groaned at him forgetting his own rules on his first turn, but abided by them. Merida positioned herself to face him “Now, tell meh’ ‘bout yer’ family?” Jack smiled and began to speak “Well, you’ve met my mom, and then I have a little sister, Emma, she’s eleven now. The three of us are moved in with my mom’s uncle North until we can find our own place in town. Merida wondered for a moment “What about yer’ dad?” She watched a look of distress pass on Jacks face but he quickly shook I off with a smile “I think you need to have some yogurt,” he pushed it towards her then teased “Not too fast,”
Merida frowned and shoved the yogurt into her mouth. She winced slightly but shook it off. Jack’s turn. “Now, I would love to hear about those friends of yours,” Merida sighed “Hiccup and Rapunzel,” Wait Rapunzel? Wasn’t that the girl Eugene used to date? Merida continued “We met in tha’ freshmen year, an’ soon enough we were unrepeatable,” she frowned “Until they moved,” she looked down to her lap and played with her fingers before she began to ask Jack her question “So, what of yer’ dad?”
Jack’s heart sort of stopped. It had been so long since he spoke of his dad, and he tried not to choke on his words “he, uh, he died years ago in a car accident,” there was silence for a moment “I’m sorry,” Merida said suddenly. Jack looked up and attempted to comfort her “Don’t be, it happened when Emma was just a baby, and when it happened my mom sorta lost it, we moved and had been moving around ever since but my mom says she wants to stay in Burgess since we have family here,” at hearing this relief washed over Merida. Wait. Relief?
Jack let in a sharp breath and started to ask another question a somewhat serious expression plastered on his face “Why do you let them do that to you?”
“Who?”
“Them, all of them, Eret, Astrid, you don’t tell anybody and you just live with it. Why?”
Merida looked very uncomfortable all of a sudden. She reached for the yogurt and shoved a spoonful into her mouth. She swallowed and said to Jack “My turn,” Jack’s heart sank. Why couldn’t she just tell him? “I want ta’ know why yer’ so interested in meh’?”
“What do you mean?”
“Wut’ do ya’ mean?! I only just met ya’ a few days ago and so far ye’ stopped Eret for meh’, and are spendin’ tha’ day with me. Ya’ve only been at tha’ school fer’ a week and ye’ already have tha’ girls swoonin’ and tha’ guys wantin’ ta’ be yer’ friend, you’ve had to a’ heard rumors ‘bout meh’ by now but ya’ still want ta’ be around meh’. Why?” Jack had to think about this. She was right, he’d been around her a lot for what little time he’d been in Burgess.
“I guess,” He began. He’d have to choose his words carefully “It’s just, what everyone sees is this loud, short tempered Scot-”Merida cut him off with a scoff. He just smiled and continued, becoming solemn once again “but, I see this girl who just pushes it all away, who doesn’t care what other’s think or do to her but just fights it and lives with it when she has so much she could give if somebody would just stop and listen,” Jack looked her in the eyes which seemed to glisten, meanwhile her mouth hung open slightly. He had left her speechless.
Suddenly he broke the silence “She’s also as crazy as her hair,” Merida scowled in an attempt to hide her smile and punched him playfully in the shoulder. Jack and her chuckled for a moment “Alright,” he said “My turn,”
“Wut now?” Merida whined. Jack smirked “Eugene’s having a party on Friday, you interested?” Merida thought for a moment “Possibly. Now my turn,” Jack looked expectant “Wuz’ that you asking meh’ out” Jack just smirked. He stood up and grabbed the yogurt and shoved the remainder of it into his mouth before throwing it away. Merida let her jaw drop then pursed her lips together.
Jack laughed “Common’, there’s one more thing we need to try out,” Merida grew confused then looked on her phone briefly. 2:04 p.m. she shoved it back in her pocket and asked “What are you planning now?”
“Common,” he said again and led her out of the food court to the parking lot. There was a large closed off area where a go kart station was set up “Up for a race princess?”
Merida grinned “I don’t think ya’ know wut yer’ up against Frostbite” Jack furrowed his brow “That’s a new one,” she just snickered and the two made their way to the small race track. It was twenty for the both of them. Jack and Merida got strapped into two go kart, Merida in a red one and Jack in a blue.
“Hope yer’ ready ta’ eat ma’ dust Frost!” she yelled to him and revved the engine of the kart “I wouldn’t dream of it princess!” he called back. The kart keeper got in front of the two of them “No ramming the karts, stay inside the pylons and most of all have fun,” he said the last part lamely and waved his hands for them to begin.
Merida laughed loudly and smashed her foot down on the gas pedal. Her kart went zooming down the track and Jack was left to fallow in her track. Oh no, he thought, no way was he loosing. Jack pushed down on the pedal and drove beside Merida. They were neck in neck.
She looked over to him and laughed before a frantic expression formed on her face “Jack! Slow Down!” she cried. Jack just laughed “What? Too fast for you!?” she looked irritated “No ya’ idiot! Look out!” Look out? What was she- oh no! Right in front of Jack was a sharp turn, but he was going too fast. There was no way he could slow down. Just as the thought left his mind he went crashing through the pylons and out into the parking lot “Jack!” he heard Merida scream behind him. He brought the go kart to a halt and not a moment after Merida came to a halt beside him.
“Go!” she yelled “wha-” Jack began to question.
“Go!” She slammed on the petal and went zooming off into the parking lot. Jack looked behind him to see the kart keeper was running after them, yelling for them to stop. He yelled something else, but no way was Jack hanging around to find out. He slammed on the petal and fallowed in pursuit of Merida. They drove side by side laughing wildly as the kart keeper and now two security guards chased after them.
“Common!” Merida yelled to Jack and she branched off out of the parking lot to an open field that led to the forest line. The same one Jack had gotten lost in a few days ago. They drove through the field, going over several steep bumps, and halted at the tree line where they began to rip off their seat belts. “Hurry!” they both snickered.
The three men who were chasing them were almost near and Jack and Merida ran into the shelter of the woods. Jack looked around and- ah, right there. “Fallow me,” he said to Merida. She did so without question and fallowed Jack to a huge tree. He jumped for the branches and hefted himself up. Merida fallowed suit and not a moment too soon. The guards and keeper ran into the woods and now were directly underneath the tree that the two were in. Both Jack and Merida struggled to remain quiet, as an effect of holding in there laughter. Eventually the guards gave up and left defeated. Once they were out of ear shot Jack and Merida roared with laughter.
“Did ya’ see tha’ look on ‘is face!?” Merida laughed. The two remained like this for a few more moments before they saw the time. If they wanted to get back to catch their rides home they’d better leave. Jack climbed down first. He turned around to the tree and before Merida could protest he weaved his arms around her waist and pulled her from the branches.
He didn’t expect her to fall onto him so much, and had to struggle to both catch her and not trip himself. At this she snickered, still held tight in his arms, so much so he was practically carrying her, her feet barely touching the ground. He started to look at her features as she snickered. Her eyes squinted, and her curls bouncing off her shoulders. Stray beams of light slipped through the branches and landed on her figure. Jack could have sworn, that at that moment, with her held tightly in his arms, she was glowing.
To Jack, it seemed like the world stopped spinning, and nothing was around them, and it was only them. Merida must have noticed him starring at her, and that he was still holding her tightly in his arms. Her eyes widened in brief surprise. Her perfectly blue eyes, Jack thought. Why hadn’t he noticed that before? He leaned in closer. Their faces were only and inch apart when Merida cleared her throat “um, Jack...?”
His eyes widened and the world began to spin again. He set her down and tried to say something but found out that his mouth was incredibly dry. Using all his strength, he mustered up the words “We, uh, we’d better go,” Merida nodded slowly and began to fallow.
At first the walk home seemed quiet. Not uncomfortable, but quiet. That was until Jack broke the tension with bring up the kart incident a second time, at which Merida snorted at. From there the conversation picked up and the two of them were extremely chatty on the way back, it was almost a disappointment when they got to school and parted ways. But it wasn’t like they weren’t going to see each other tomorrow.


The rest of the week went by really fast. It was made up of Jack teasing Merida or them exchanging glances in the hall. Of course they didn’t talk too much, Jack still had lots of friends who most, if not all, disliked Merida. She didn’t have a problem with it though. Jack was her friend and nobody could change that.
“So Mer,” Jack came up to Merida who was getting ready to leave it was Friday already and Jack had been asking her all week about the party “Are you coming to that party tonight?” this left her throat a bit dry. The truth was, she’d never actually been to a party, and nobody had ever invited her to one. “Jack, I don’t-” Jack interrupted her and struggled to pull something out of his back pack “listen before you answer that,” he pulled out a small bag and handed it to her “I thought I’d give you this,”
Merida looked at him confused and looked into the bag. She gasped and pulled out the black dress that she had tried on at the thrift store. “Jack, you shouldn’t a’…” she was at a loss for words and only smiled “Say no more,” Jack began ‘but I expect you to be at that party tonight,” He began to walk away and Merida called after him “You can count on that!” and she walked out of the school with a smile on her face.
But Jack wasn’t the only one who had heard that. Elsa slammed her locker ad turned to her sister and Astrid “Is that Scot actually coming to the party tonight,”
“Elsa you have to face facts, her and Jack are friends and he’s friends with almost everyone whose going,”
“Anna you’re not helping,” Astrid spat. She turned to Elsa “So, what are we gunna do about it?” Elsa thought for a moment and smiled “Don’t worry, tonight we’ll scare that loser off for good,” her sister pursed her lips in irritation “Don’t you think you should drop this?” Elsa frowned “Don’t worry about it, I’ll do what I need to and we won’t have to worry about it anymore, you can count on that,”


“This party is going to be sick,” Tuff yelled as he walked in Eugene’s house. He carried bags of chip and other snacks for the party and his buddy Guy fallowed, large cases of beer in each hand “The rest of it’s in the truck,” Guy said as he put the cases down on the kitchen table. Jack and a couple of Eugene’s other friends had come to help get his house ready for the party, like getting the alcohol and clearing out valuables and breakables.
Jack stood on the coffee table and began to string up lights. He looked at Eugene who was moving around the couch. Time to ask him. “So, Eugene,” Jack began. He finished stringing up the lights and jumped down “What Jack,” Eugene asked, only really seeming to care about the task at hand “Hey has anyone seen Kristoff!?” he yelled to the two in the kitchen before Jack could answer. He grew irritated but brushed it off “You wouldn’t care if I brought someone to the party,” Eugene suddenly turned around with a questionable glare “And who exactly would this person be?”
“Well, Merida actually” Eugene shook his head “Dude-” he was interrupted by Tuff in the back ground “I heard she gave Phillip a job for a fifty,” fallowed by Guy hitting him on the back side of his head. Eugene continued “Listen, I know you’re friends with her but I don’t want her coming to the party, what do you think people are gunna say?”
“That I invited her,” Jack said firmly “People don’t even have to know, just let her come and act like you had no idea,” Eugene rubbed the back of his neck debating this. He let out a deep sigh “Alright,” he pointed at Jack “but nobody knows I let this happen” Jack nodded in response.
Unbelievable, Jack thought, sure it was fine that he’s letting her come but all he has against her are some rumors and nothing but some stupid reputation that’ll be threatened. Ugh, well she’s coming and that was all Jack had wanted.


As soon as Merida got home she ran up to her room and tried on the dress. It looked just as I had a few days ago, and it was perfect. Here mind then fell on the party and her heart raced, it really wasn’t like her to get nervous but… Ugh, get a grip Mer, it’s going to be o.k. Jack will be there. Jack. She was curious about why he wanted her to go to this party so bad. What was in it for him?
She ignored the thought and got into pajamas. The party didn’t start until ten so she had lots of time. After she got the dress folded and hidden she went down stairs to get something to eat. She walked into the kitchen to see her Mom reading at the table “Hullo dear,” she said cheerfully. Merida waved to her and grabbed an apple from the fridge which she began to munch on.
Her mother began to speak again “You know, yer’ brothers went to some sleep over,” she muttered under her breath “feel awful fer’ the woman who ‘as ta’ deal with that…” She took a long sip of her tea “Also, me and yer’ father are going to a cocktail party tonight and won’t be back until tha’ mornin’ so yer’ going ta’ have ta’ be alone ta’night,”
“Oh…” Merida took a large bite from her apple to try to conceal her grin. This was perfect. She could go to the party tonight and not a soul would know about it. “Gods be good that Blake Pitcher won’t be there,” Merida’s dad walked into the kitchen fumbling with a tie on the suit he wore. “Who’s Blake Pitcher?” Her father scoffed “He’s the CEO of our company’s biggest rival, our boss is hopin’ ta’ make some treaty with’ ‘em” he laughed “Lot a’ good that’ll do us,”
He then went in to hug his daughter “See ya’ ta’morrow then?” he pulled away from the hug and kissed her forehead “Yer’ leavin’ already?” Merida asked. Her mother finished off her tea and stood. Merida didn’t even notice the green gown she wore.
Her mother then walked over to her dad and did up his tie for him “Well we have to, the party stars a seven an’ it’ll take us two hours ta’ get there,” She walked over to Merida and kissed her on the forehead “Luv’ you dear, see you soon,” and with that her parents walked away.
As she finished her apple she watched them drive away. And laughed with excitement, maybe the fates wanted her to go to the party after all?
For the rest of the night Merida eyed the clock like it was some sort of countdown to dooms day but when it was finally time to get ready she slipped on her dress and did her makeup, which she didn’t put that much of on. But what was she going to do about her hair? She grabbed a ponytail to wrestle her hair up into a messy top knot, meanwhile letting some curls fall at the nape of her neck. She looked to the mirror and nodded in approval. She just hoped it would be good enough.


The music was blasting and Jack leaned against the snack table as he sipped on a beer. When is she going to get here? He thought but was interrupted by Eugene who came stumbling over, already drunk. “What are you doing? Go out and talk to people you loner, half the girls here are drooling over you and your just standing in the corner?” Jack took another sip of his beer and swallowed, letting the liquid slip down his esophagus. Before he could say anything to answer his friend they watched the front door open. Along with it came Merida.
Eugene let a long whistle leave his lips “Say what you will about her but there’s no denying she’s hot,”
“yea…” Jack answered numbly. He was too focussed on the sheepish Merida who walked into the party. Her hair was done into a messy bun and Jack noticed the curls that lingered on the nape of her neck. Her makeup was simple, and not flashy like all the other girls, and Jack admired that, but her skin tight dress clung to her curves perfectly and delicately outlined her figure.
It took a moment but she made eye contact with Jack from across the room and smiled sheepishly. Jack smiled back and put down his drink. He was about to walk over to her but two girls surrounded her hand he was suddenly grabbed by the cheeks by a girl who shoved her tongue down his throat. His eyes remained wide open and he tried to step back but she wouldn’t let him leave the forced kiss.


When Merida walked into the party she had received various looks from others there but she didn’t care as soon as she her eyes met Jacks. She smiled weakly and he smiled back, but before she could walk over to him she was surrounded by Astrid and some other blond “What the fuck do you think you’re doing here?” Astrid spat. She looked Merida up and down and seemed to grow even angrier.
“You know the trash needs to go outside,” the other blond said sharply. Merida scowled “Then wut’ are ya’ still doing in here?” she scowled and through her hand back. She brought it down hard on Merida’s face. The impact made her head jerk to the side and she slowly turned to face the girls again. Before she could do or say anything Astrid piped up “You know he doesn’t care about you,” what was she talking about? “It was all an act, being nice to you, that dress, inviting you to the party,” Merida spoke slowly “Ya’ don’t know wut’ yer’ talkin’ ‘bout,” Astrid scoffed “Don’t I?” and with that she gestured over back to Jack who was now making out with Elsa. Elsa noticed she was staring and smiled wickedly mid-kiss. Astrid spoke up again “Open your eyes hun, he’s just not interested,”
Merida’s eyes widened and he jaw dropped. It hurt so, so much. Seeing them. It was like a stab to her heart. She chocked on sobs that erupted and her eyes swelled up with tears which she fought to conceal. “I think you should go now, the riff raff aren’t aloud,” the second blond smiled and gestured to the door. Merida just looked at her briefly before she turned to storm out of the house.
Elsa saw Merida leave sobbing and backed off from Jack. She whipped her lips and as she walked away she called after Jack “We should do this again sometime,” But Jack just ignored her and shoved his way through the crowd to the front door. Upon reaching it he swung it open and ran out onto the front lawn. Merida was almost to her car when he called her name. She paused for a moment and whipped away tears before she turned to face him.
“What do ya’ want frum meh’!?” she screamed. They were the only ones on the front lawn and the only witnesses were the stars that twinkled overhead. “Merida listen, Elsa kissed me,” Merida pursed her lips and looked like she was struggling between a scowl and a smug smile “Ya’ know Jack that’s wut’ they all say, Oh, it wasn’t ma’ fault, I didn’t do it. People ‘ave nothin’ but excuses, least ye’ could do is fuss up to it,” she turned and stomped away but Jack ran up to her and grabbed her arm.
She shoved him away “Get yer’ ‘ands off meh’!” but Jack didn’t let go. “Merida, I saw what Ruff did to you,” he eyed the forming bruise on her cheek “Remember what I asked you on Monday? You need to answer that right now, why do you let them do that to you? Why didn’t you fight back?!” There was a harsh moment of silence and Merida glared him challengingly in the eye and said dangerously “It wuz’ because a’ you, ya’ idiot!” Jack’s expression softened and Merida teared up “Ya’ know I ‘ad friends here once, good friends, an’ then they moved,”
“Ma’ mum wants me ta’ go bak’ ta’ sum’ boarding school in Scotland now that I don’t ‘ave ana’ friend here she has the perfect chance to, so a’ lied ta’ stay, but recently I thought that maybe it’d be better ta’ go bak’, since there wuz’ nothin’ ‘ere for meh” she ripped her arm away from Jacks grasp. “But then you showed up’, and- and I like yeh’ Jack,” she paused and let this sink in “an’ I wuz stupid enough ta’ think that you felt tha’ same” She stormed off to her truck and before she got in she yelled “I’ll be in Scotland by Monday!” and slammed the door.
Jack ran after her but she began to drive away. He even chased her down the street aways before he ran back into the house to get his car keys from Eugene. He was half way across the lawn when he heard muffled voices “…What about Merida…” wait. What about Merida?
On the side of the house stood Eric, Phillip, and Naveen. “…So when are we going to do this?”
“Wednesday. Her mom always picks her up late on Wednesdays and it will be the perfect time to deliver” Deliver? Jack leaned even further against the house to hear well. “So who is it we’re working for again?”
“Don’t know, he won’t give us a name but he’ll give us five grand each if we can get her to him unharmed and extra if we promise to keep our mouths shut”
“Sounds good to me, but…”
“But what?”
“What about that Jack, they’re together all the time,”
“That ass hole? Trust me he’s the least of our problems,” Jack leaned in even further but to his distress he slipped and stumbled out into the open for the three to see. Eret looked pissed for a moment but then smiled “Well speak of the devil,” Suddenly Phillip and Naveen came rushing up to his sides and grabbed his arms, and repeatedly rammed him against the side of the house. Eventually they stopped and held him in place.
Eret positioned himself to face Jack “How much of that did you hear?” he asked “I heard enough,” Jack answered with a scowl. “What are we going to do?” Naveen asked Eret. Jack could tell he was slightly worried by the sound of his voice. Eret continued “We’ll have to take him with us. I’ll get the zip ties...” he began to walk away and Jack grew frantic.
Without thinking, Jack suddenly spit into Phillip’s eyes. He let go as he lurched back, giving Jack enough time to yank his arm away from Naveen and start off into a run. He had to warn Merida, no doubt they’d be coming for her now that he knew. He was the only one who knew and she was all alone at home, unaware of what approached.


Whoa. Talk about a long chapter? This is the updated version of chapter two which I am much more pleased with I might add and I hope you all liked it. Also to Guest who reviewed, you honestly melt my heart and I love your kind words more than anything, and they really do give me so much inspiration, so much so, I’ve decide to finish this fic. And you do not have to apologize for the criticism, if anything I love it because then I know what to fix and/or improve on. There will be one more chapter which I’m hoping to release some time in February. Thanks for reading!
-Aberdeenqueen22
Sign up to rate and review this story