Categories > Books > Twilight > Zenobia The Dhampir

Cassandra, Acantha , And Evios

by Fornallure 0 reviews

Cassandra and Acantha meet the stranger Evios.

Category: Twilight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-01-31 - 722 words

0Unrated
Inside the megaron of the Athenian clan's stone and vine covered palace sat two vampires on a stone divan.Acantha hugged the new Cassandra in her arms and calmed her in a loving way with many warm assurances.Cassandra remained nonchalantly frozen in her hug.
Calisto walked in with a male vampire named Akylas, He was a little older than her.Akylos was 15 years old.He had full facial features and a muscular body: that of a tall athlete.Almond shaped Eyes of red rubies and hair of golden blonde locks.Over his shoulders; he wore an indigo tunic with Egyptian threads.
“Zenobia isn’t back yet!How long does it take to lure a human into this light?”Calisto asked out loud for anyone to answer.,with her doll-like voice.
“Things like this can take days, weeks, even months!Calisto...Have patience they will come back soon."Acantha came to face to support her young friend.
"Better she doesn't come back at all, She is taking her time...Whatever!Come on!Akylas”Calisto boasted defiantly.”Lets go!Akylas!I’m hungry!”
Akylas spoke immediately ”As you wish!”He followed after her.
“Poor, kid. Being bossed around by a little monster ”Acantha giggled and Cassandra broke away and claimed:
“I’ve seen and heard: A dark haired vampire male in his late thirties, He's older in vampire years than all of us, he speaks in a language I can’t understand, A dead language most likely, But I can tell...he's looking for someone”
Confused, Acantha gazed at her, cupping her chin with her right hand”He's looking for someone?Probably a woman? Or prey?”
“When is he going to be here?”
Cassandra sighed in despair and murmured”Two days”
“If he’s alone, then he’s probably no threat.The only “one person” threat would have been Zenobia, but she doesn’t believe in her own powers or value them”Acantha reassured her with a smile.Cassandra scowled.
“Maybe..so?”

Two days later Cassandra raised from her place next to Acantha and walked out with the grace and stealth of a cat, Acantha soonly followed her out to the courtyard and into the garden of fruit trees, hedge, flowers and a fountain water source in the middle of the garden.Cassandra looked into her reflection on the water’s surface, she grinned and dipped her hand into the cold water.She whispers something to Acantha.
“Hes coming”Cassandra whispered in a disturbing fashion.
Acantha glared at her”Who IS coming?
A man appeared from the darkness of the night.His hair was black and his eyes were red.A sinister grin formed on his red lips.He was quite tall and muscular of northern background.He approached the two woman.His steps soundless.
“Hello,You both are beautiful ladies indeed”He said in a flirting fashion.
“Who are you?”Acantha asked him.
“I am Evios,I’m looking for a young lady,much like yourselves"Evios sat down on the stone bench near the fountain and touched the water with his long fingers.Cassandra store emotionlessly at him and did not speak.
“A girlfriend?”Acantha tilted her head to the side defiantly.
Evios chuckled and replied ”A girlfriend?I wish...I’m looking for a young woman, she is a young woman who looks exceptionally like her father”
Acantha laughed lightly looking down to the dirt below her feet ,”You are full of yourself; you will not find her here” They glared at each other as the hard mountain winds crossed their places.
“I have watched her come here, She is Zenobia,The 500 year old who looks 23 years old: who tends to destroy things with gestures of her hands?”Evios questioned and declared immediately to Acantha.
“She didn’t mentioned anything about you”
Evios lowered his eyes”That is because I erased her memories;To protect her from the ignorance of others”
“Why would you want to do that?
“I am her father, I had my creator look over her for half a millennia before Zenobia destroyed her,Now that I learn she has escaped her island, and came here"He explained to the point and Cassandra feebly whined:
“She is off gaining helpfuls for her vague and nonviable plans.Which will end not in her favor though: Zenobia will learn”
Sign up to rate and review this story