Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Of Angels And Mutants

Of Angels And Mutants

by Axmodfred 1 review

Scott's thoughts on the days events and his feelings for the girls in his life leads to a confession. SPOILERS: On Angel's Wings

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Rogue - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-06-15 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 1048 words

1Ambiance
DISCLAIMER: The X-Men and All Marvel characters names and distinctive likenesses thereof are the trademarks of Marvel Characters Inc. Film Roman And Marvel Studios. I don't own anything.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was my first shot at an Evolution fic. Feedback: Please read and review. I need the help.

( Scott's P.o.V )

I think that today was a good one more or less. We found the identity of the Angel told him about the institute and found out that Magneto is still alive. We didn't get him to join us but we saved him from Magneto. We've just said our farewells to Warren and are currently heading home. Rouge's asleep in the seat next to me sleeping off the light headache leftover from her fight with Magneto. She beautiful when she's sleeping, truly like an angel more so then one we're leaving behind us.

Despite popular opinion I am not in love with Jean nor do I have a crush on her. Don't get me wrong I do love her but it's the same love I have for the rest of the team but different slightly. She and I have been with Xavier the longest. I was first she was second. We were together just the two of us Logan and Ororo along time. I am also the oldest of all the students. Which means that overprotective older brother streak I couldn't use on Alex comes out more for her than rest.

I'm not jealous of Duncan. I just don't trust him. He like all the rest think I don't want him and Jean together because I want Jean. I don't want him Jean together because I simply don't think he's good enough for my best friend. He's a loud mouth ego driven jock who takes any chance to pick at my shades. But if he makes her happy I'll just have to deal with it and him. I think I am going to have to talk to Jean about her friend Taryn though she keeps wanting to see what color my eyes are and it's starting to bug me.

Rouge on the other hand. I do love and I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't tell her. She gave me a sweater and I fumbled out some lame line about not having any thing for her. When in truth I did have one for her. It was silver promise ring with 'you are my angel kate' inscribed on it. But when she gave me her gift I froze. Can you believe it me Scott Summers-Cyclops fearless leader of the X-men frozen in the face of the girl he loves. She smiled and said it was o.k. that I still had time. I nodded as I opened the box it. she actual got me something I was more touched by that than the gift.

She commented on how lonely it would be with everyone gone home to their families except us and how much fun it could be just us the Prof. and Mr. McCoy. I had planed n telling her how I felt after all the others left but then this Angel business came up. She is just so easy to talk to. I open up more to her than I do to Jean now. I told her about what it lie for me after plane crash and my theory angels and Alex. She laughed at first but was sympathetic when she realized I was serious. I like it when she smiles at me. We went shopping for her gift which was interrupted by rumors of the Angel and the accident on the bridge. Following the leads we found Angel at the hospital and battled with him against Magneto in a church. My heart nearly dropped out when Rogue told me of the fight and how Angel saved her. We gave him the options but I knew he wasn't ready to come with us yet the same way Rogue wasn't in the beginning.

That brings me back to now. As I pull up to the gates of the mansion I look over to find Rogue watching me. "So sleeping beauty awakes." I state with a sly smile. She blushes slightly even through the red of my glasses I can tell. " Ah have been for a while where were you." she responds giving me a bright smile. " Thinking about the past few days and you and Jean." I say and watch as her smile falters . " What about me and Jean, Scott?" she asks " Just the way I love the two of you and how to you tell you I'm in love with you." " Ah knew it Ah just knew you loved Jean But did you have to come out and say it like that Scott." she says I can see tears in her eyes realize she isn't understanding me. I ignore the rest of her rant about my lack of consideration for others feeling as focus on the feeling I have for and what I was trying to say. I lean over and grab her face and kiss her dead on the lips.

I feel the tell tale pull of her powers and hold on until she stops struggling and pushes me away. I fall back gasping. I can see her close her eyes against my powers as she sorts through the thoughts of mine she took. I watch her as the tears stop and smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen. " Do you understand now?" she nods her head. I reach into my pocket and pull out the ring box and place it in the palm of her trembling hand and place a quick kiss on her lips and whisper " Merry Christmas Love." in her ear. She open the box and looks at the ring and before I know it I have a lap full of very happy Rogue hugging me and dropping light kisses all over my face. " Ah love You too Scott." My angel replies. All in all this has been the best Christmas ever I got the girl I love and she loves me. The rest I can sort out later I think to myself as drive up the mansion with Rogue leaning her head on my shoulder.
Sign up to rate and review this story