Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Under His Thumb

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Watari manages to work his way to getting the scientists in Hong Kong to hear him out.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Sci-fi - Characters: Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2016-02-08 - 391 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Under His Thumb:

“I’ve got a plan,” Watari said. Oh no. The gleam in his glasses and his smirk automatically caused panic. What was he up to now?

“Okay…” Tsuzuki said. Watari leaned into his face, grinning.

“Take a walk with me,” he said. The older shinigami gave him a strange look. Watari put his arm around his shoulders.

“Come on,” he said. “Take a walk with me. Please?” Tsuzuki sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” he said. Watari felt like flying away and grinning.

“Good choice,” he said. The scientist shinigami led him outside.

-------

Watari worked all angles of this. He didn’t give up calling the lab in Hong Kong.

“Hey, it’s me again,” he said. “Ready to talk?” For days, the scientists would hang up on him. Still, Watari didn’t quit. At one point, they stopped taking his calls. The scientist shinigami called them anyway. Each rejection made him that much more determined.

At last, Watari got through again.

“Hello?” he asked this morning. A sigh filled the other line.

“You could get fired, you know?” the scientist in Hong Kong asked.

“Never mind that,” Watari said. “Are you ready to hear me out?”

“Not really.”

“Good. We need to meet.”

“No!”

“Why is that?”

“Uh… The boss isn’t too happy,” the Hong Kong scientist whispered.

“But he might like my way,” Watari said. “Come on, just hear me out.”

“I have to get back to work…”

“Fine. I’ll just call back again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And--.”

“Please don’t.”

“Then will you hear me out?”

“Will you stop calling us?”

Watari looked at his free hand. “Depends on you.”

The other scientist sighed. “Fine, what do you want?”

The blonde scientist grinned. “Good. So glad you made the right choice.”

-------

“You think this will work?” Tsuzuki asked this morning.

“You know it will,” Watari said.

“How did you manage to get them to agree to this?”

Watari turned to him, grinning. “Persistence, my old pal. Persistence.” His grin made the older shinigami flinch. Oh buddy…

Still, this could be one problem out of the way. That left two more things to fix. Watari turned to Tsuzuki.

“How is Anna doing in therapy?” he asked.

“Uh, well…” Tsuzuki said as his eyes shifted away.
Sign up to rate and review this story