Categories > TV > Lost > Taken care of

Struggling to cope

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Jack and Kate have an argument about the Black Smoke monster taking Megan.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack,Kate - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2016-02-08 - 485 words

0Unrated
The waves crashing against the shoreline were grating on Kate’s ears. The dark circles under her eyes were getting worse.

“Kate listen to me, you haven’t had a good night’s sleep since before Megan was born. I want you to rest. I will feed Megan, change and take care of her.”

Kate’s reaction was almost mirroring Claire’s a few days after Aaron was born. Her hands hovered over the cradle ready to reach for Megan.

“Jack no. How am I going to keep her safe if I’m asleep? I have to stay awake.”

Jack rubbed a hand up and down her left arm.

“I promise I won’t let anything happen to her sweetheart.”

Anger made her nostrils flare. The tears stinging her eyes she watched the sleeping infant.

“Of course you won’t Jack. Just like the morning when Megan was taken a month ago. You didn’t even try to stop the thing wearing your father’s face! You let him take her!”

Jack tried to hold back his frustration and deal with the barrage of accusatory remarks Kate threw at him. They were a ton of plate glass landing on his head.

“I was asleep Kate! You were the one who woke me up saying we had to find the baby! You think this is my fault he took her? Huh?”

Kate knew it was wrong to blame Jack but he was the only one in the tent she could blame. Tears were flowing freely down her face as she yelled at Jack.

“You don’t think this is your fault! That’s right put all the blame on me! I’m the mother so it must be my fault!”

Jack took a breath and let it out. He picked up a screaming Megan and placed her against his shoulder rocking her.

“Shh. It’s alright Megan. I’m sorry.”

Kate’s shoulders slumped as she calmed down. This was their first significant big fight they’d had. She was sleep-deprived and her emotions off the map. Her bottom lip trembled just slightly as she stared at Jack.

“Jack I’m sorry… I don’t understand what’s going on with me. Everything’s sore, I smell…. Sometimes she cries and I don’t know what she wants…”

His anger now completely dissipated Jack sympathized with Kate.

“Kate you’re going through Post-partum depression. I am going to help you through this. Together we can make it through this.”

Kate afforded Jack a small smile as he continued to rock Megan and hold her up against his shoulder.

“I have always been with you Jack.”

His heart soared at Kate’s words. She told him that when he felt most vulnerable. A rough patch was a rough patch, they could weather most any storm. Jack just had to believe in himself and Kate.

To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story