Categories > Original > Fantasy > Unbloomed Flowers

CHAPTER TWO

by the_94th_river 0 reviews

After completion of his apprenticeship Vijay Prakash returns to Hargovindgarh and finds his world torn to shreds.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2016-02-17 - 2672 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two


Vijay Prakash was about to return to home, it's been four years since he'd left the place he could call home to achieve his apprenticeship. Today he had achieved his dream, he had learned from his mentor and crafted a weapon. A weapon that could be adapted as need of the weilder! He had dreamed for this weapon for so long. While in his childhood when he heard the legends of Ramayana and Mahabharata and stories from other puranas he was always fascinated by the weapons weilded by the characters. In one of these legends he had heard of the Bow of Parshurama, he was incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to the legend he could draw his weapons out of air. Vijay heard that legend when he was around 10 years old. Back then when he asked about it to his instructor the man had gaped at him and told him Parshurama was able to achieve his feat because he was Part-god.
Vijay was heartbroken, then years later Pratap Narayan, who knew about the dream in his eyes, informed him of the master craftsmen who lived in depth of Himalayas.
Vijay applied for apprenticeship and was called. Oh he was not accepted at first. He just said that back home to make them less worried for him. It took him four months to find these craftsmen and another three months to prove himself as worthy.
Then his mentor took him under his wings, he taught most secrets of weapon crafting, how to make impossible things possible.
At last after three years of hard work and numerous failures later he succeeded. When he first time tried out it In front of his mentor, his mentor was at first impassive. When he produced a ornate metal cylinder his mentor raise an eyebrow and motioned to begin the attack. When the first attack came in a fluid motion Vijay stopped it, in his hands where moments ago there was only a cylinder made of metal now the cylinder had a wicked looking blade at its end. The blade itself was nearly as long as one of his arms, it soaked all the light from surrounding and reflecting them amplifying. The blade was a magnificent piece of art. Vijay was just deflecting at first but then suddenly he cried out and started to attack back, when his audiences layed their eyes on his hand number of jaws hit the floor, where moments ago there was a sword now there was a full lenght battle axe! As the axe touched the swords the swords gave away and broke into pieces! Vijay stole a glance of him his mentor, his mentor was smiling. As his mentor raised him hand all attackers stopped and stepped behind.
Vijay turn to him and dropped on one knee.
Mentor asked," Vijay, does your weapon metamorphose any more? "
"Yes respected Mentor, but to demonstrate that I will need long range archers objectives. "
Mentor ordered some of his students, and all the arrangements were done.
Vijay stepped into the the arena, and held the cylinder in his left hand. All the spectators watched in amazement as from both ends of the cylinder a liquid started to flow but it didn't fell, it slowly started to solidify, and a bow materialised in his hand. From two ends a ray of light met and when the light subdued a string was formed. Vijay drew a arrow and mounted. He pulled the arrow and released, it moved in lightning fast speed and struck the target. Which happened to be a iron wood pillar. Then he mounted another arrow and fired again, this time the second arrow sliced through the first arrow as well as the pillar! All the spectators cheered! Vijay went to his mentor kneeled before him, asking for his blessings.
The old mentor chuckled lightly, "Did you tried to recreate Vijay Dhanu, Son?"
"I was inspired by the description of it, respected Mentor." Vijay replied truthfully.
"Yes, my child, you have replicated some of its features perfectly, but with your weapons metamorphosis abilities this is one masterpiece . But it lacks something. " the ancient man smiled down at his student. He placed his hand on Vijay's and closed his eyes. He started muttering under his breath. His hand started to glow, Vijay felt as if a coldness engulfed his mind, everything froze then it was normal again. His mentor opened his eyes,and looked directly into his eyes, "Remember always Son, Your weapon is just a tool, its you who will define it's purpose. Never use it to harm innocent or else it will never respond to you. The spells that was used to enchant it will prevent you from weilding it if you raise your weapon to harm a innocent. And I've granted you a certain knowledge that you will remember when right time comes. " the old man finished his speech with a twinkle in his eyes,"Have you decided any name for it yet? "
"No sir, it just has couple of features of Vijay Dhanu, and calling by that name won't be right despite it's not just a bow as that weapon is legendary." Vijay paused for a moment, then he continued, " I was hoping you can give it a appropriate name."
"Hmmm... your weapon can metamorphose as per weilder's wish, then it should be called 'MAANAS-SHASTRA', is that acceptable? "The old mentor asked smiling.
Vijay Prakash sighed in relief, " Thank you, respected teacher! I would seek your permission to return to my family. "

------------------

Vijay Prakash was returning to Haragovindgarh, a few hours were left till he would reach the capital beside River Atreyee. He was on his horse, a brown beautiful horse, yet very strong. He was named Pavan, but it seemed he took his name seriously and tried to overtake his namesake every moment. Vijay had his 'MAANAS-SHASTRA' tucked in his belt, Pavan had numerous bags heaped on his back, all contained gifts for his family. He smiled when he remembered smiling face of Sujata, it's been long time since he last held her in his arms. A long time since he had tasted Mother Urmila's special snacks. Oh he called Queen Urmila mother from very beginning, at first because Sohini called her so and later because he wanted to.
He remembered the look of hurt that he had seen on Sujata's face that day when Sujata first learned of his Apprenticeship. He never wanted to hurt her, he had gone away to fullfill his dream and to make sure that when he returned he could provide Sujata with ultimate protection. Now his dream was reality and he will protect Sujata with everything that he has. The urge to see Sujata was increasing, he increase the speed.
When first Vijay entered the capital, he was shocked! Most of the houses were burnt, people were injured, some were trying to treat and help injured. He sped up, when he reached the river bank he was astonished where once there were twelve temple stood proudly now only two were left other ten were vandalised. He cover last few miles to palace in moments, his heart was beating hard! There was crowd around in front of palace but none of the crowd were from Royal guards or servants! They were common subjects, they made way for him, some even recognised him.
A lots of things didn't made any sense. But he got his anwer as he crossed the gate, there were 6 guards, all of them dead! He unmounted off Pavan as soon as he reached the threshold of the mahal he broke into full run. He had already saw numerous dead guards.
When he reached the Royal chambers his heart was pounding like mad, the first thing that caught his notice first was the horrible smell of caked blood, entering the Kings Chamber first thing that caught his eyes was the lifeless form of Queen Urmila with a large gash on her neck, beside her ther was battered form of Sohini, her clothes torn to shreds and the injuries alone made him choke on his own breath. On a nearby couch layed Pratap Narayan's headless body. His head was on the other side of the room when he went near it he saw there was footprints on it. All the room was littered with ruined furnitures. He was praying the nightmare to break and wake up in his bed when suddenly he stepped onto something soft. It was a foot that stuck out from under the broken and misplaced cabinet. He hurriedly removed it, only to pray he hadn't did so! There was she, his Sujata. His sweet, lovely, beautiful Sujata lying in her own blood, her hands were covered with blood also and when his eyes met the floor his heart stopped. There on the floor in bloody letters a accusation was written, "YOU PROMISED, BUT YOU DIDN'T CAME!" each of those words struck him like thunderbolts.

-------------
It took Vijay two weeks to find out the assassins' hide out. They were hiding in a old ruined house deep in the forest beside Haragovindgarh. In last two weeks life had been extremely painful! All the time he felt as if those who died in the palace were lurking around him, as if they were asking him when was he going to avenge their death! These fourteen days he hadn't slept, sleep didn't came to his eyes, whenever he tried to close his eyes Sujata's last words echoed in his vision. Today was the day! Few of the advisers who were left alive begged him to call in Shivapuri's help. But Vijay didn't wanted help from others! Those bastards targeted his family, and made it personal, he'll personally made them for their dids. But at first he needed to know why did they targeted his family.
When he reached the forest he unmounted off Pavan and started to walk! He had a sword on him except 'MAANAS-SHASTRA'. It didn't took Chandranath's people too long to capture the intruder who dared to invade their current hide out! When goons took Vijay to Chandranath was amazed, "oh how lucky I am! Crown prince of Shivapuri, Intended of Princess Sujata has come to entertain us! " the man clapped like a child while cackling like a maniac.
"You bastard!" Vijay tried to hit the man, but was attacked by three of the goons.
The man chuckled at the stupidity of the boy, "Prince Vijay Prakash, you made a huge mistake, wandering alone in this forest! You are amateur. Oh ho your parents would be ashamed of you!" Chandranath mocked.
Vijay coughed out blood as he fell to his knees, he looked up and rasped out, "why did you killed them? What harm they caused you that resulted such consequences? " Vijay asked gasping for breath,he was sure some of his ribs were cracked already.
Chandranath sneered down at Vijay, "They didn't tell me where was the legendary Durga idol of Haragovindgarh. Queen died because she dared to forbid me!."
"Why did you killed Sohini and Sujata?" Vijay asked again.
"They were bets to get the king talking but the old fool.didn't said a word. " Chandranath was strutting around.while proclaiming his vile works, he paused and knelt down in front of Vijay, "Belief me my dear prince I.didn't wanted those girls to die that easy death!" He whispered passionately, " I was sure their painful screams will make that old man melt! But it didn't, then I when I asked sweet Princess Sohini the foolish girl spat on my face! I gave her to my servants to break her, but one of the fool snapped her neck! Giving her easy escape!" He explained sorrowfully.
" And your little intended? She lost her mind when she witnessed her parents death at my hand! If she wasn't out of mind she would have been a good plaything for my boys! But when Sohini died and with her the secret of the idol, I lost my cold head and right then the insane bitch started to laugh. So I ended her to! She was writing some pathetic lines on floor with blood, 'YOU PROMISED, BUT YOU DIDN'T CAME!', how pathetic! "
Chandranath barked out a laugh, his men also started to laugh too.
Vijay's eyes were burning tears were streaming down, he could feel their pain! These bastards will pay for their sins, he will make that sure!
In the sound of laughter no body noticed the prince as his started to glow.
Chandranath went to his seat where earlier he was sitting and sat down.
He chuckled and began, " Prince Vijay Prakash, you made a great mistake! But stepping into this fo.." his lecture was interrupted by sound of bitter laugh, it was coming from Vijay who was slowly standing up,"Mistake you say, Chandranath? You won't see next sunrise, I promise you! " one of the goon had come forward with a wicked knife but when he tried to stab Vijay, he found his belly full with a blade that everybody was sure appeared out of thin air.
A fight broke in the small clearing in front of the house in the forest. The fight lasted for merely few seconds as all nineteen men were now lying on the ground entangled in each others guts.
Chandranath was stunned, nineteen of his men all died in the hand of this little boy! And the thing that shocked him most was the fact that at the beginning of the fight the boy was fighting with a sword, but now in his hand there was a battle axe.
When Vijay confronted him at last Chandranath had wet himself in fear. He dropped to Vijay's feet an begged for his life.
"I'm not a demon Chandranath, don't be I won't torment you as you did to my Elder sister or my love of life. I'll just rectify this land from a filth like you. " Vijay raised his axe to strike, suddenly Chandranath stabbed him with a small knife. Moments later Chandranath's head was rolling on ground.



-------------
By the time Vijay returned to the palace, he was sure in his final strike Chandranath had poisoned him. He went to the monument that was founded in back garden and kneeled before it.
"Mother, Father those bastards who caused you so much pain are gone! I Avenged you ALL! " he cried, he cried like a child. He cried for his lose, years ago he was orphaned. He never knew his own parents, but the almighty had blessed him with two surrogate parents who loved him so much. He had a Elder sister in Sohini. He and Sujata were best of friends later which friendship turned into love. For fourteen long days he had steeled his heart. He didn't lamented for losing his family, his love,his everything. After who knows how later Vijay got up. He wanted to go to the river, he remembered one day he had snuck Sujata out to the river. She was so happy. He wanted to remember Sujata happy he didn't wanted to recall her last state! He didn't realised when the 'MAANAS-SHASTRA' slipped off his hand. He walked and walked till he reached the bank of river. He could recall the day as yesterday when he and Sujata were playing in river. Slowly he crept into the river, cold soothing water of Atreyee relieved him from some of his bodily Pain. Slowly his mind clouded over, he could hear Sujata's giggling from distance as she was playing with water, then darkness claimed him world.


Crown Prince of Shivapuri, Vijay Prakash died alone. His body claimed by The River was never found again.






Note: Vijay Dhanu was The bow which belonged to Lord Parshurama, who later gave it to Karna. This data is taken from Internet.
A/N: The Name 'MAANAS-SHASTRA was recommended by my friend Aquila Black.She could be found on fictionpress. Thank you so much for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story