Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Shadow Realm

by story_master 4 reviews

Jay and Archie venture into the other realm to bring back their friends. Will they succeed?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-20 - Updated: 2006-08-20 - 845 words

1Exciting
Hermes was busy talking to Hera while the five remaining heroes stood and watched. Finally they stopped and turned to the teens. Hermes left to go get some equipment. He returned shortly with four walkie talkies, some food, some water, weapons, spare clothes, winter clothes, other useful items and some bags to carry it all in.

" Walkie Talkies? Can't we just use the PMRs?" Archie asked.

" These are specially designed to carry a signal from one realm to another." Odie replied taking two of them.

" Remember be careful." Hera said.

" So where's the portal?" Jay asked gathering his gear.

" It's in the Antarctic. You must travel underground and there you will find the portal. I have put the location into your new walkie talkies." Hermes said opening up a portal.

" Good luck." Hera said as they disappeared into the portal.

Jay and Archie exited on the other side to be greeted with a cold and icy wind. Jay took out his radio.

" The cave is just over there." he had to yell to be heard over the wind.

They trudged through waist high snow drifts. It took them about fourty minutes to reach the cave. They stepped in and warmth greeted them. They followed a steep and slipry path downward. After about ten m,inutes of walking th ereached a rock with a symbol carved into it. It was similar to the wall in Hermes' office.

" We're at a rock." Jay said into the radio.

" Take out the necklace and place it in the carving." Hermes voice rang out over the radio.

" Here goes." Archie said as he placed the necklace into the carving.

There was a bright flash of light that blinded both Jay and Archie. They had to sheild their eyes and step back. When the light had faded they looked. Where the rock had been now stood a circle of black.

" That has to be the portal." Archie said.

" We found it. We're going in." Jay said into the radio.

" Good luck. We should have contact on the other side." Hermes said through the radio.

Jay and Archie stepped through the portal. They started to fall. Jay tried to yell something to Archie but his voice was lost in the void between them. It seemed like they were falling for hours. Suddenly they hit something. Hard.

" Owwww." Archie said standing up.

" We're in." Jay said into the radio.

He got no response.

" Guess we're on our own." Archie said grabbing a flashlight out of his bag.

" Guess so. Now where to start looking for them?" Jay replied getting up and taking out his own flashlight.

They started to walk ion one direction hoping it was the right one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I asked you what you think you're doing here! Answer me!" the harsh voice said again.

Theresa and Atlanta scramble to their feet.

" Who are you?" Theresa demanded.

" I am the Keeper of Souls. Now what are you doing here?" a figure emerged from the shadows. It was the Keeper.

" Run!" Atlanta yelled.

The two friends took off. They remembered what Persephone had said. And they definetly didn't want to be stuck down here. The floating figure followed them. They ran and ran. The figure had disappeared from behind them. They slowed down and then stopped. They looked around. It looked like he had gone away. They decided to start walking when thy saw him in front if them. He was... laughing? Theresa and Atlanta exchanged confused looks. The figure fell to the ground. It wasn't the Keeper. It was someone playing a joke on them.

" Sorry. But we do this to all the new stolen souls." A boy said as he took off his costume. He looked about their age.

" Who are you? And why did you do that?" Atlanta demanded, rage replacing her fear.

" My names Billy. I've been trapped in here for five centuries. I've been hiding from the Keeper." the boy said standing up.

" So you're five hundred years old?" Theresa asked.

" Yeah. I'm glad to finally have some company." He said.

" Do you know how to get out of here?" Atlanta asked, her rage subsiding.

" Yeah. I know where the exit is. But... you can only leave if someone from the other realm comes to get you." Billy said.

" Jay and Archie!" Theresa cried, " They were coming to get us!" she was filled with excitment.

" Will you show us the exit?" Atlanta asked.

" Sure. It's this way." Billy said as he started to walk.

" How far is it?" Theresa asked.

" From here? About a two day walk." he replied.

" Two days!?" Atlanta repeated, shocked.

" Yeah." he replied.

They were walking for about twenty minutes when Theresa stopped. She looked frozen for about ten seconds. Then she spoke.

" Jay! Archie! Nooo!" she collapsed to the floor.
~*~

What was her vision? Will Archie and Jay find their friends? Can this Billy person be trusted? Will the Keeper find them? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: hope you liked it. Please R+R and constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story