Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hogwarts Troubles • Fred Weasley

Strange Things

by Dolefully 0 reviews

The second chapter

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2016-03-13 - 959 words

0Unrated
3 Weeks Later

Sunday Night


It was 10 and Abi, Chloe and I were cooped up in mine and Chodie's room watching Woman in Black, Chloe and Abi decided they wanted to scare the crap out of me. Chodie was sleeping at Daniella's and my mum and dad were camping doing god knows what. So Jay was looking after us but being anti-sociable on his League of Legends. I wrapped myself up in my blanket, huddling on my sofa bed with an awake Chloe and a half asleep Abi. Daniel Radcliff was walking into the Nursery where the three girls had died and I shivered. Then there was a sudden bang and I swear I jumped about a million feet in the air while Chloe laughed her ass off at me and Abi grumbled. Then there was another, it sounded like it was downstairs "Chloe.... stop banging" I say pausing the film. Then another, "It's not me." Chloe answers with a tiny bit of fear in her eyes. I nudge Abi, "Ughhh" Abi slurs, "What?" She grumbles as she sits up. The banging stops and Chloe gets up, moving over to the bedroom door. "Where are you going?" I hiss, the panic of them leaving me leaking out in my voice. "To check it out, Abi you coming?" She asks, creaking the door open. Abi grumbles something but it must've been an 'okay' because she gets up with her blanket and trails Chloe out to the top of the stairs. "Don't leave me!" I squeak meekly before rushing over to them and following them down the stairs. We creep down the stairs as quietly as our feet allow, reaching the downstairs hallway. We etch closer to the door in the dark. "So who's going look?" I ask, shivering in my shorts and top. "I will" Abi throws out lazily, holding up her hand like she's in class before moving forward and unlocking the door. I feel my muscles tense as she creaks it open, letting in a gush of cold air as she peeks her head out. After looking for about two seconds she leans back in to confirm, "No ones here". I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as me and Chloe move to the door and look over Abi's shoulder to the world outside. "Hmm, must've been a prank" I shrug, now quite relaxed and close the door. "Wait!" Chloe interjects, holding the door open and stretching down to pick up three letters.

_oOo_

We'd relocated to the living room, sitting in a circle on my cosy brown rug. The letters looked pretty ancient to be honest, like they'd been coffee stained. They bared a red wax seal embossed with a capital 'H'. "Heh, these remind me of Hogwarts letters." I scoff as I flip it over, scanning the loopy green handwriting to read:

Miss Kacie Conley, 23 Vanderval Street. Second Floor Bedroom, last door on the North wall. RETURN TO SENDER.

"Wow, it's written like it's an acceptance letter too." Abi remarks as she flips it back over to its front, "Kind of freaky." She adds, smiling slightly. "It can't be an acceptance letter right? We're the wrong age, probably just a prank." Chloe asks before turning it over to check it again. I shrug, staring at the wax seal, "It can't hurt opening it right?" I ask, curious as to why I haven't opened it yet. Abi shrugs, "Might as well." Before tearing it open, Chloe and I following suit. We all read for a moment, quiet as our eyes scan the two sheets that had come out of the envelope, just as coffee stained as it's packaging. I feel like my eyes could pop out of my head, we all turn to each other. "I don't think this is a prank." I say after a second of shocked silence, "Me neither" Chloe agrees, Abi just nods making an inclination of agreement. I look over it again and check i'm not seeing things, but sure as day it still says everything i'm sure I need to be accepted at freaking Hogwarts. I give myself a moment to process my feelings before stating slowly, "We're going to Hogwarts" Abi and Chloe nod along before we start squealing in excitement, shouting in unison, "WE'RE GOING TO HOGWARTS!!" We all squish in for a hug but bang our heads in the rush, falling back and cradling our head. "Ow, shit, god" Chloe exclaims as she lays back for a minute, holding her forehead. "Hey, I know this is a good moment and all but, what about our parents?" Abi asks, sitting up and giving us both serious looks. We're all quiet for a moment, shit... will they even believe us? And if they do, will we even be allowed to go? I bite my lip before meeting the eyes of Abi and Chloe. "Well, i'm sure they'll let us. I mean why not?" I give her a look before saying, "Have you ever read all those blogs about it? Everyone thought it was a myth why are our parents going to believe that Hogwarts is suddenly real and send us off there?" We all frown. Why do I have to make such good points? "Maybe we just show them the letters, these are proof of its existence. Hogwarts isn't just a myth like we've all been made to believe. We have to take this chance now." Chloe argues, standing up and placing the letter down before taking a seat on one of the two couches. I rock backwards while Abi gets up and sits on the second couch opposite Chloe before saying, "Well then I hope that'll be enough, because I really want to go to Hogwarts."
Sign up to rate and review this story