Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dark Water

The Symptoms

by panda_1418 5 reviews

The fact that Delilah's sick doesn't help their current situation

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 379 words

1Moving
Julius hurried to Delilah's side. He dropped to his knees and pulled her upright.

"Delilah! Delilah?"

Her eyes were shut tightly, and she looked like she was in a great deal of pain. The place where the needle had entered her neck was slightly red. Julius sighed in agony. It wasn't bad enough that they were trapped in a flooding research station, and now this? Why did this stuff always happen to them?

Julius took out his watch. "Al! Al, are you there?"

Al's voice came back. "I thought I told you to conserve batteries!"

"You did, but Delilah's ..." Julius couldn't find the word. "In trouble. She's in pain ... sick ..."

Al groaned. "More bad news, man. Someone's drained all of our planes' fuel. It'll take three days before one's ready to fly. Me and Scarlett are going to try to rent a helicopter at the airport."

Julius groaned. "This is not the time!"

"I know, man, but we're trying. Hang in there, kiddo."

The communication broke. Julius switched off the watch. Dr Dismay had thought this out all too well.

Delilah moaned slightly. "Mum ... is that you?"

Julius pushed her hair away from her eyes. "No, De, it's me ..."

"Dad ...?" she asked weakly.

"No, Julius."

Delilah's eyes flickered at the sound of his name. "Julius ..."

"Yes, your partner."

Her eyes opened slowly. "Hey, partner," she whispered meekly. "What happened?"

Julius hugged her close to him. "Dr Dismay drained all the fuel from the Academy's planes. Al and Scarlett are trying to hitch a ride. They'll be here soon."

"Soon?" Delilah murmured. "I don't know if ..."

She groaned, and passed out again. Julius hugged her tighter. "You'll make it, De ..." he promised. "You have to."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Halifax Airport]

Al was arguing with the helicopter pilot. "What do you mean we can't rent one, man? We need one!"

The pilot shook his head. "I'm sorry, I'm not authorized ..."

The banter went back and forth until Scarlett decided to put a stop to it. She pulled a small taser out of her purse. When the pilot turned his back to her, she jammed it into his back. He dropped without a sound.

Al beamed. "Ha ha, good job. Let's go before someone, like, investigates."

The pair hopped into the helicopter and flew off.
Sign up to rate and review this story