Categories > Original > Drama > The Talent Expedition

Chapter 4

by bpwheels11 0 reviews

Chapter 4 of The Talent Expedition

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2016-04-05 - 694 words

0Unrated
When Serena got home, her grandmother was waiting for her at the door. As soon as they saw each other, they hugged each other.
"So, how was it?" asked Serena's grandmother, walking to the kitchen.
"Not yet. Wait until we start eating," said Serena, still beaming.
Serena's grandmother started on a soup when Serena noticed Shannon on the sofa, covered in a blanket. Serena came up close as they hugged each other as well.
"I'm so very sorry I couldn't make it," said Shannon, sniffling.
Serena smiled her brightest. "It's okay. I got a last-minute backup, and you won't believe who it was."
Serena's grandmother was busy making the soup while Serena herself make some scones and other pastries to go along with it. Once it was all steaming hot, they set their lunch on a table near the sofa so Shannon could eat without getting up. The three of them started devouring the soup, scones, and tarts while Serena was sharing what happened.
She told about how she was cornered and hit at until Jacob came along. Shannon seemed very surprised that he was there. Serena also told about how he had helped her the entire time, especially by playing the other part as a backup. Shannon was speechless until she sneezed. It was so loud and sudden, it made them all jump and yelp. That turned into more laughs and conversations.
However, the time came when Shannon's father came to bring her home.
"Bye, Serena! Thanks for the pastries!" called Shannon.
Serena smiled. "Thanks for coming!" she said in return.
The door closed as Serena's grandmother mentioned Jacob's name. She gussed during the conversation that Serena liked Jacob. Serena's grandmother now asked her if it was true.
"Why do you ask?" said Serena, trying to conceal any hints that it was true. "He was just someone who helped me out in a time of need."
Serena's grandmother wasn't buying it. She squinted her eyes at Serena suspiciously. Serena started to get nervous.
"My precious granddaughter, young love will have to wait a few years," she said, very serious. Serena was listening closely. "I fear something bad will happen if it starts now. You act too quickly."
Serena pouted. "He is only a newfound friend," she said as she stormed up to her room.
"Well what if something happens between now and then? Actually, I won't give it much thought and forget grandmother's lecture ever happened." She felt mad that her grandmother was giving her advice. "Oh, why do I keep thinking about him? That's it. I'm not going to think about this ever happened. If it happens again, I am going to play it cool," said Serena, laying down on her bed.

*

"We are almost there," said a bulky man in the forest.
"Yes, it is about time we start our own civilization in the assassination of famous people," said another.
They came up to a large area in a forest near Belgium. The area was clear with an absurd house in the middle. The house was made of dark wook in such a sloppy way, one feared it would fall down just by the wind. It was big for a house, with 3 levels and a cellar underneath. The 2 men walked towards it and grinned.
"This is the birthplace, the foundation, the start," said the first one. "I can't believe those coordinates were correct."
"Where should our first kill be?" asked the other.
The first one grinned as he lay down a map. There were markings on Amsterdam, Brussel, Paris, Madrid, and London. "These places," said the first. "We will travel here to London and make our first kill. Then we will capture our first slaves there."
"Um, shouldn't we get this property in order before we have recruits?" the second said.
"That would be a wise choice. Let us spend months here getting ready for an attack London has never seen!"
Both of them laughed visiously, excited about their evil plan. They started on the house repairs making it look abandonded. Their plan was to make it safe and protected for their headquarters for them and their start of their plan.
Sign up to rate and review this story