Categories > Original > Drama > The Talent Expedition

Chapter 5

by bpwheels11 0 reviews

Chapter 5 of The Talent Expedition

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2016-04-05 - 667 words

0Unrated
Jacob walked inside his home as he thought about how quickly things moved along. It wasn't long ago when he was betrayed by Morris and Leiner. When he awoke, he automatically went to the recital, how long that took, and back here in only about 2 days.
His mother was in the kitchen, not knowing his son was entering the housr silently. Jacob slowly crept along towards the kitchen ready for a surprise attack. The only sound in the house was the chopping of vegetables that his mother was doing.
Inch by inch, Jacob was now only 3 steps away from his mother, still unaware of what was about to happen. His mother now put down the knife and walked towards the sink, still facing away from Jacob.
"Hello, Jacob," Jacob's mother said. She did not look back at him, but had a confident look on her face that proves she knew he was in the house all along.
Jacob was not amused. He just fell backwards, still wondering how that just happened.
"I made a special lunch for you," said his mother, bringing bread, jam, fruits and veggies, and rolls to the table in another room. Jacob just got up and walked to the dining room to sit down.
His mother soon joined him as they both started eating right away. "Why aren't you talking at all?" she asked. "I need details on how it went. Unless, it was just a usual don't-care-about-it recital."
Jacob took a sip of water and spoke. "Actually, it wasn't just a usual get-me-out-of-here thing. I enjoyed it."
"What makes you say that? What happened?" asked his mother.
"Let me explain," said Jacob. "When I was walking here, I got lost until I saw 2 boys beating up this innocent girl. I scared the heck out of them, and it turns out she was going to the recital as well. She took me there and figured out her friend was sick and she couldn't play the duet. I offered to play with her, and I got to play 2 songs at the recital. We suddenly became friends."
His mother took a sip of her drink. "Sounds to me like you are interested...in...nah, I shouldn't say it." She took another sip, smiling at the thought.
"What were you going to say mom?" asked Jacob.
"Oh, it was nothing. It actually probably isn't true though, unless she...that is, if the girl you were mentioning...likes...nah, I should just stop thinking," she said, taking another sip.
Just then, Andrew burst in the house with a smile on his face as he saw Jacob. Jacob did the same thing as he got up to run to him. The two said their hellos and sat down with Jacob's mother again to continue lunch.
"So, how did it go?" asked Andrew.
Jacob continued to eat. "I don't want to tell the story a million times."
"Honey, you have only said it once," said his mother.
The three laughed as Jacob finally told the story again to Andrew. Jacob then asked Andrew what happened to Morris and Leiner.
"Well, to be honest, they kind of got me too after you were quote unquote, 'out'," said Andrew, making finger quotations. "I got in a good number of punches, but afterwards, I snitched in on them to their parents. I am happy to say that they are moving farther southeast to Italy."
"I'm glad that is taken care of," said Jacob, smiling. "We finally got the better of them."
Jacob reached out to grab the last roll when his hand touched the wooden platter. Seeing that the last roll was gone, he noticed all of the food was gone in their stomachs.
After about 10 minutes, Andrew left the cottage to go to his own. Jacob ran up to his room and opened the window to let in some fresh air. Looking out the window, he whispered, "I wish all recitals could be like that, where I can meet someone new."
Sign up to rate and review this story