Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Last Stand

prolouge

by Hige 1 review

What would happen if harry would try and use the Avada Kedavera on Voldemort.. Snape gets a part at the end.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Harry, Snape - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-04 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 734 words

3Insightful
Disclaimer:

Well people. My first posted Harry Potter fic. I think I have given up the GW fandom. Its dead as dead can be. If there is anyone who is still interested in Street Smarts. Contact me in some way. If not then it doesn't really matter.

I don't own anything and if I did I wouldn't be writing this.

Warning: Just a general take on what would happen in the final battle... a more psychological take on what would happen if Harry tried using the Avada Kedavra curse on Voldemort. You guys can decide whether or not Book 6 happened. If it did happen just imagine Harry already found all the Horcrux's and destroyed them, or that it never happened. Dumbles is dead though, that didn't change. It's not a long story so most of this info is just background.

Its just 3 chapters long give or take. The first of course is the shortest.

Summery: My take on the Final Battle as Harry is finally face to face with Voldemort.

Something a little different.

Prologue: Last Stand ~ Harry's point of view.

This is the end. It's now me against him. This is where it has to end, if it doesn't end here, its just going to continue until one of us falls from exhaustion with all these battles one after the other with my training during all this. It will just end up me being the one who falls, I am more human then he is by now. He looks like a monster, a monster of his own creation. But a demon who was created by his own. That is how it is now. Human against monster. David vs. Goliath. Dumbledore against Grindelwald. Inevitably it has to be The Bow-Who-Lived vs. Lord Voldemort. Harry Potter against Tom Marvolo Riddle. The circle has once again been completed like for all eternity. Good against Evil. Light Against Dark.

But why is it that I don't feel so Light anymore?

I am standing here against our so called "Modern Devil." The evil has risen now... And I don't feel like I could go through with this.

My wand is at his throat with the killing words at the top of my tongue looking down in his snake red eyes.

We are the same, aren't we? Almost the same paths, the same need to be seen other then a worthless freak.

The only difference is that our paths chose us differently. Is that because when he was around we needed evil, and I was born because someone needed to go against the evil, so I turned good? When he was around it was after Grindelwald fall. Maybe the fates realized that it was getting to peaceful, so they decided Tom Riddle had to become evil in order for there to be equality in the world. Was this whole thing because the gods and fate are playing with human kind and tom Riddle got the short straw in life?

Was our whole creation because we needed to please the gods? Good and Evil always need to be around. There was Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Am I just like them? To live as I was made to live and to die after my purpose is finished?

Is there no point in all this? No point in killing an evil because afterwards there will just be another one. One dies and another appears. The circle that this world goes through is finally getting to me...

What the hell is happening? This isn't the time to be thinking this.

Jas he put a spell on me that I didn't sense going off?

Are these thoughts even natural?

It feels like forever that I was thinking, but it only has been a couple of seconds.

His hand moves.

React.

"Avada Kedavra"

The killing words spoken with as much feeling I was trained to feel.

Shit...

It didn't work.





Tell me what you think. There are another 2 chapters to this.

Or should be.

Anyways. How do you like it? Hate it?

I had him ask lots of questions to himself to show how unsure he is of his own life...

This is not going to become one of the "Harry Joins Voldemort" type of thing. Just to show how an unsure boy would have to kill someone.

The situation will be explained more in the next chapter.

Or a little better at least. No worries.
Sign up to rate and review this story