Categories > Anime/Manga > Detective Conan > One Bad Case

Down With A Flu

by Conan_Edogawa 0 reviews

When Conan comes down with a bad flu, Ran overhears him talking to Dr. Agassa and discovers everything. Angrily she demands that they Conan explain everything.

Category: Detective Conan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2016-05-26 - Updated: 2016-05-27 - 1538 words

0Unrated
I don't own the rights to Detective Conan or it's characters, but I can make Fanfics so WOOHOO here we go first fanfic (on this site at least)
Conan woke up. He began to step out of his bed, than he felt a sudden, pain in his forehead, a headache. He groaned. Than he looked back at the bed sheets, they looked appealing. He felt tired. He went back to sleep after turning his alarm off rather than putting it on snooze. Thirty minutes later Ran walked into the room at Seven Thirty as she was leaving for school, but neither she nor Kogoro had seen him leave.
"He probably just got an early start to his day." Kogoro suggested, but Ran, insisted on checking and saw Conan snoozing in bed. He seemed uncomfortable though. The room was warm but he was shivering, and he appeared pale. She woke him up carefully.
"You alright?" Ran asked suddenly worried. Conan stared at her for a second than coughed.
"It's the middle of the winter," he said,"Why do you have the air conditioner on." Rachel gasped at his reply, than felt his head. She only grew more worried. She stuck a long thermometer in his mouth. 104.5
"Don't you move anywhere." She demanded, than grabbed the phone. Conan instinctively looked at the clock, Seven Forty-Five now.
"You can't be late to Ms. Sani..." He moaned,"In first period, she likes to yell. A lot"
"How do you know about my teachers?" Ran than asked as she began dialing the doctor's number, than Conan noticed how he had slipped up, almost giving himself away. He than thought quickly of a way to correct the near fatal mistake.
"You told me," he said,"Remember"
Ran shook her head. As she dialed the last number.
"Hello!" said a cheerful voice on the other end of the line,"Dr. Aliah's office how can we help you?"
"Can I schedule an appointment for Conan in about twenty minutes?" said Ran quickly and worriedly.
"Emergency appointments are only for emergencies so as is customary I must ask what the problem is."
"Kid lying in bed, pale, 104.5, and while normally crazy about detective junk. like he sees one thing out of the ordinary and we cant find him until he has solved the entire thing Now he is pale and motionless."
"We have an appointment for you in half an hour at 8:15, that is the quickest we can get you in."
"Thank you." Ran ended the call. She than grabbed Conan and lay him down in the back seat of the car as they began to cross the city of Tokyo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran carried Conan out of the car who wouldn't open his eyes. His fever had risen to 104.7 2 tenths of a degree, but the idea of it still worried Ran, she had adopted the kid as somewhat of a little brother, and had taken care of him for nine months now. She would be tuning 18 soon, and being mid-February was on the ending stretch of high-school. She wasn't sure as of what to do after that. What to study in college. What job to pursue later. If she would ever be able to replace her boyfriend Sinichi Kudo. Who had disappeared nine months before and had only shown up twice, but just to spend a few hours with her and disappear again. It made her think. Would she pursue in her father's field as a detective, but not for him. For her boyfriend Sinichi who was still missing. The doctor than brought Conan out of the room with a prescription for antiviral medication. Ran grabbed it on the way home. Conan had been diagnosed with that years flu. It was the worst one in years. and a rarely large amount of people died from it. A disturbingly large amount. She had heard many stupid rumors about the disease, about how it was made in a secret lab owned by a mafia of sort, made up of mysterious people in black. The disease had been spread to destroy their enemies. All of them were stupid rumors though. A girl called Sherry, after the alcohol and Sinichi had been targeted for acts against this organization. That they made a poison with a rare but almost science fiction like side effect. That two children had randomly appeared in town with the disappearances of people whom them resembled within the same two months. Those two kids just happened to be friends, Conan Edogawa and Ai Haibara. As she was thinking Conan had gotten dizzy, and tripped, at that his glasses broke in two. She looked at his face and thought of Sinichi, than she brought the boy home.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The minute they returned home, Ran lay Conan in bed. She tucked him in. Than left the room. Conan's voice had gone a bit hoarse during the car ride home, he had now lost it even more, and the illness was getting worse. Conan though, wanted a new pair of his homing glasses, and after Ran left the room as he pretended to go to sleep used his detective badge so that Haibara would bring him a new pair. 5 hours later, Haibara and Dr. Agassa came to the door and knocked. Ran answered.
"Haibara said Conan wasn't at school today," said Dr. Agassa,"Is he alright?"
"He has the flu?" Answered Rachel.
"Can we see him," asked Haibara.
"Sure!" Said Ran,"I bet he is awake by now." she slowly pushed open the door to see Conan watching a detective show on TV.
"Hey Haibara!" said Conan without his usual ring.
"I'll go get some coffee for Dr. Agassa and I, and some orange juice for the kids." she stepped out and slowly closed the door.
"Sinichi!" said Dr. Agassa a little too loudly earning a shush from both Conan and Haibara.
"Did I hear what I think I did," Rachel thought from halfway down the hall, and walked back to the room and pressed her ear against the door to eavesdrop.
"Anyway." Sneezed Conan,"My homing glasses broke,"
"I'll fix them up right away Sinichi."
"Thanks Dr. Agassa."
"In other news," Said Haibara,"I created a new version of an antidote for us, but it is still experimental and most likely temporary."
"Awesome!" said Conan happily. But that happiness only lasted one more second until Ran slammed the door in as she stepped into the room, tears flooding her eyes.
"WHY!!!!' she said angrily.
"What?" said Conan confused,"Why what?"
"Did you not tell me! Nine Months! You never told me!"
"Look." Said Conan than more serious,"If they find out they will kill me, I have kept it from as many people as I could, I have only told Agassa, who told Haibara, and my parents, Heiji found out on his own."
"If who finds out."
"The black organization," said Haibara and Conan in unison.
"Y'know Haibara," said Rachel than as well, ripping off Conan's new glasses, than comparing him to a picture of Sinichi, they look a lot alike, don't they?"
"Yes." Said Haibara, what is your point.
"You also look like this woman I saw a picture of." Said Rachel, holding up a picture of Sherry,"You said an antidote for "US" didn't you, that means you two are the same."
"Fine," Said Haibara,"Just don't tell anyone, we have been working really hard to keep it secret, The Black Organization is evil and will kill anyone connected to Conan and I if they find out, ending in us.
"Alright, I'll keep it secret, for my own good." said Ran crying.
"Ok," said Conan,"I've been waiting nine months to explain this to you, but, when I left you at Tropical Land, nine months ago, I witnessed some guys doing a shady deal, including some sort of blackmail. I, however, was also followed, by another man."
"Gin." said Haibara cutting him off.
"Thanks," Conan coughed,"Anyway, he hit me upside the head with a metal rod and fed me this kind of poison."
"Apotoxin-4869,"
"Thank you, I was gonna get to that."
"I should explain it, I designed it."
"Yeah like the poison engineer that got us all into this stupid situation should talk at all," Conan taunted.
"Thanks," Haibara said sarcastically.
"I was joking, your work for an antidote is actually really useful."
"Good, I want it more than you do."
"Anyway." Sneezed Conan,"It was supposed to kill me and be completely untraceable, but a rare side affect actually caused it to de-age me. I went to Dr. Agassa, who told me never to tell anybody, but here we are nine months later."
Ran stared gaping.
"A lot to take in." said Haibara,"Isn't it, you know, sweet girl you made porridge for is actually behind hundreds of murders, and the attempted-murder of your boyfriend, that's why I left them, I couldn't stand what they were doing with my scientific research, especially after they murdered my sister."
"Too much." Said Ran crying.
"It's fine. I'm good now" Said Haibara,"Right Conan... Conan?" she looked and Conan was passed out in his bed from the flu.
Ran put a thermometer in his mouth 105.
(End Chapter 1)
Sign up to rate and review this story