Categories > Anime/Manga > Detective Conan > One Bad Case

Down for the Count

by Conan_Edogawa 0 reviews

Ran, still pissed tells 3 people Conan's secret, but soon after a strange woman comes to the door looking for him and Haibara.

Category: Detective Conan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2016-05-27 - 989 words

0Unrated
Dont own the rights to Detective Conan sadly... But I can write fan fiction so WOOOHOOO here we go
Ran looked at Conan for a bit. He was passed out. He had become even more pale. She woke him up though.
"What happened there Sinichi," she asked, still a bit annoyed.
"I... don't feel well," he answered.
"I'm gonna get you some medicine." she replied. Haibara stared at Conan as Ran left.
"She can maybe help us at least," said Haibara, she may have heard something or met someone.
"She is also kick butt at karate." replied conan.
"Don't get too excited, if possible we must wipe her memory."
"Is that possible?" asked Conan.
"Maybe, but let us end this now." finished Agasa as he turned to pretend to have a conversation with Haibara, and Conan pretended to stare blankly at the television blaring a detective show, even though he had figured all of the mysteries out minutes before. It was too easy. Ran walked back in.
"Conan!" she called out.
"Coming." he replied beginning to walk dizzily over to her.
"Here," she said, handing him a pill,"Have this ibuprofen to help with your fever."
"Thanks," he said.
"No problem," she answered,"Sinichi."
"Look, I took on a new name for a reason." He said now angrily.
"Is a new name necessary," she said,"SINICHI!" than she finished tauntingly.
"She got ya." laughed Haibara,"But it did take a longer time than necessary to get back here with one pill, what happened?"
"Oh I called a few friends who deserve to know a few things, Sonoko, my mother, Inspector Meguire."
"ARE YOU INSANE!" all three other people in the room replied.
"SONOKO CAN'T KEEP A SECRET!!!!!!" than Conan rang out, than began taking deep breaths and coughing.
"Than you will have to live without your STUPID SECRET than won't you?" Screamed Ran. A ding was at the doorbell. Ran rushed to answer it.
"Hello," said the woman at the door, she was dressed in all black, it reminded Ran of a business suit.
"Vermouth," Said Haibara from behind Ran.
"Sherry, Kudo!" The woman said,"COME OUT!!!!!!" Ran saw the woman reach for her gun's holster and grab the handle, but Ran delivered a karate kick right to her hand and took the gun.
"What do you want here, Vermouth?" Questioned Conan stepping up to the door.
"To eliminate a rat and a turncoat."
"Fine, your doing your job, I get it, but..." Conan said dizzily, than he fired his wristwatch tranquilizer hitting Vermouth straight on,"Tie her up, this is the lead I have been looking for."
"We,"
"Fine Haibara, come on less than have of my searches and say we."
"You are the detective, I am a scientist, I spend most of my waking hours working on an antidote for us."
"Ok ok..."
"Why not send her into the police?" asked Ran.
"This is our search Ran, I mean, Vermouth there alone calls me their silver bullet."
"So she thinks a kid detective is gonna take down her entire organization."
"That is why the tried to assassinate me, they tried to poison me."
"Yet to no avail," Finished Ran.
"They were going to execute me as well."
"Yes."
"I guess to have them want to execute them isn't a big accomplishment, I mean, Sinichi didn't really do anything big other than solve a few murder cases!" Ran laughed.
"Murder cases that nobody else could solve, here I will set up a mock case for you to try to solve, it is so easy I could solve it in one shake of a lamb's tail. Conan said even more dizzily,"When this dizziness ends."
"No, it is impressive what you do, especially for an eighteen and seven year old at the same time!"
"Think I want to be this way."
"She does make sense, this did happen to you by getting in way too deep." said Haibara.
"Or you wanted a test subject for your drug." said Conan.
"Fine, I told Gin to use it over intercom alright!"
"Fine."
"Can I have some?" asked Rachel.
"It's suicide!" yelled Haibara, it is only a one in five chance of the side effect working, and your body may not be able to handle it, the more stressed the muscles, the worse the affect of the poison is. Conan, had been relaxing all day, and I had been chained to a pole for hours so we both had our muscles relaxed, someone who does karate twenty-four seven, would have quite stressed muscles, the de-aging affect may be bypassed as it is supposed to and the drug would kill you in minutes after a lot of pain."
"I was just kidding, chill Haibara."
"Also you have to be sick in some way to use the temporary antidotes without risk of them killing you."
"Either way it's incredibly painful though." Said Conan
"Oooh I'm not sick i'm dying!" quoted Haibara,"Conan said that to himself once while transforming from a natural yet still temporary antidote, liquor while being sick, he told me about it."
"I wish I had a video of that," said Ran.
"Yeah me flopping around in bed with the worst pain I ever felt."
"exactly."
"Ran, It is literally, well you can't see it, but the body system apoptosis killing all of my body cells but my brain at once, and because of the side affect somehow one or two survived and in the fifteen seconds of transformation brought back the other cells to make me a darn child."
"Lucky you."
"Why?"
"If you aren't murdered, you may live longer than anyone else ever. You could grow to be an old man, and if made properly, than reuse the drug for a form of eternal youth. Amazing, isn't it."
"No, stupid," Said Conan than he pointed at himself and Haibara,"THIS SUCKS!"
"Be glad you aren't dead."
"Thanks."
(End chapter 2)
Sign up to rate and review this story