Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Last Moments

Braska: Slipped Through

by Oceana 0 reviews

Braska faced his death as he summoned the Final Aeon.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Braska - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-26 - Updated: 2006-08-26 - 507 words

1Moving
Feel. That was the first thing he was taught when he started training as a summoner. Summoning Aeons and defeating Sin were not the only mission of a summoner. Perhaps the initial purpose of summoning had been lost in the thousand years of history.

Braska was glad he had met a very good teacher, he was taught to be able to feel the regrets of the deceased, understood their sadness so that he could calm their souls when he led them to a land of eternal peace. He would remember it by heart with every Sending he had performed and every single souls that had spiraled up into the sky with the pyreflies.

Many nights he would stay up and observed the stars, he would remember his wife and his young daughter that he had left in Bevelle. His determination was strong and unmovable, and it didn't change even after he learnt of the cruel truth in Zanarkand. He would take the chance with hope that Sin would be gone and sorrows would be vanquished forever. He wanted to change the world, for the sake of Spira and his daughter's happiness.

He had thought of his life throughout the pilgrimage, but this was the first time he saw them passing in front of his eyes; when he summoned Jecht, his Final Aeon and felt his body tearing up from the inside. He had seen the fall of Sin along with his friend, millions of pyreflies burst out from the fading form of the huge creature.

It was strange for him, he did not seem to feel anything as he continued to see his blood bursting out of his body and rained down on his torn body. He remembered his knees had gave way and he began to fall backwards.

Auron ran up to him, both his hands stretched out trying to hold onto him. However, Braska was unable to feel his guardian's hands. He saw the despair on the young swordsman's face, the desperation and the voice that would not came out despite him wanting to scream as loud as he could.
It was then he realized he had slipped through Auron's hands.

His body was torn, his limbs were no longer in tact, and his blood had stained all that was around him.

He could see Auron's face through his fingers, they were stained with blood, his blood. He could not heard his scream for he had lost his ears, but he could still see him as he felt the most familiar feeling of death crept up to him. He tried to give him a smile, assuming if his face was still intact enough to allow him to see his expression.

/Don't look at me like that, Auron. Be strong and live on, for Jecht... and me/.

He began to dissolve, his physical form glowed and pyreflies began to escape from him. He tried to remember. The last image he had saw before the flash of light came, was the smiling face of his little Yuna.
Sign up to rate and review this story